PDA

View Full Version : Monster Hunter

RagingBluMunky
2016-08-16, 05:41 PM
Hello Playground!

I Haven't seen a thread for these games in general, so I thought I'd make one, I hope that's all right.

I've recently started playing 4U and am really enjoying it.

I do however have an issue that I was hoping you all could help me with. I'm preparing for the Hunt the Gore Magala urgent quest and am planning on getting a full set of Rathian armor for it. I would appreciate any advice you can offer for hunting this monster. More specifically, which weapon would be a better choice, Twin Chainsaws, or Cleaving Jaws?

Feel free to discuss any aspect of the series here!

Tome
2016-08-17, 04:12 AM
The MH threads tend to go quiet and die off after a while.

Gore Magala is weak to fire, so bring your dual blades with the highest fire element you can (if you can't fight Rathalos yet, Kut-Ku in guild quests makes a set of fire DBs). Remember to also bring nulberries to hold off the frenzy.

His attacks come down to slamming and slashing with his claws, charging forwards, shooting blasts along the ground and doing a sort of flailing spin. His tells are pretty obvious and only the spin can hit you if you're on his tail and rear legs. Sticking by his head will give you a good read on his tells but watch out for the blast radius on some of his breath attacks and the big slam after he rears back.

After you (and other players/palicos) have been exposed to the frenzy virus enough he'll temporarily enter a super mode that exposes his horns. This is your only chance to break them and lots of recipes want them. Fortunately smacking him in the head is also how you cancel his super mode. Don't worry, it doesn't change much.

huttj509
2016-08-17, 10:51 AM
Been a while since I played 4U, so don't really have advice on that. I do remember GoreMagala taking me a number of tries, learning when I could go for the feet, etc. (I was also Dual blades).

I picked up MHGen recently (not far, at village 3* quests) and use it as a relaxing hunt a few beasties game. (Just got the Bulldrome-Jaggi set made, yummy attack up L)

RagingBluMunky
2016-08-18, 02:37 AM
Thanks for the advice! Any tips on getting Rath Marrow from a Rathian? I've read that you can get it from severing the tail, are there any easier/more likely ways to get it?

I'm planning on picking Generations up after beating (more or less) 4U, any interesting new weapons come out for it?

huttj509
2016-08-18, 03:52 AM
Thanks for the advice! Any tips on getting Rath Marrow from a Rathian? I've read that you can get it from severing the tail, are there any easier/more likely ways to get it?

I'm planning on picking Generations up after beating (more or less) 4U, any interesting new weapons come out for it?

Massive database on what to get where: http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u

From http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/item/rath-marrow it looks like your best bet is to tail carve (15%), and capture (not kill) the Rathian (23%).

MHGen makes a few tweaks. Most noticeable change is there's 4 combat styles which tweak the moveset of each weapon (Gaijin Hunter's youtube videos have in-depth info on each weapon). Guild is the base style, Striker tends to trade some move flexibility, but boosts arts (special moves that charge up over time), Aerial turns your dodge into a hop that can leap off the foe or allies giving you great mounting opportunity, and adept focuses on dodging enemy attacks, and giving you a boost to retaliate after dodging successfully.

Only weapon addition: Palico Hunter! You can control one of your palico cats in combat instead of your hunter. It's rather fun, and a boomerang built cat can be rather powerful (they're also boss for gathering as they don't use pickaxes, nets, tranq bombs...)

DaOldeWolf
2016-08-18, 06:47 PM
The palico hunter use their own bars to use special moves and there are 7 different variations, each with their benefits and weaknesses. The best palicoes for personal use being support and fighter.

I am liking the palico as a weapon. They also play kinda different to other weapons like they lack ability to use items or that they have nine lives instead of three.

Quietus
2016-08-18, 08:26 PM
The MH threads tend to go quiet and die off after a while.

Gore Magala is weak to fire, so bring your dual blades with the highest fire element you can (if you can't fight Rathalos yet, Kut-Ku in guild quests makes a set of fire DBs). Remember to also bring nulberries to hold off the frenzy.

His attacks come down to slamming and slashing with his claws, charging forwards, shooting blasts along the ground and doing a sort of flailing spin. His tells are pretty obvious and only the spin can hit you if you're on his tail and rear legs. Sticking by his head will give you a good read on his tells but watch out for the blast radius on some of his breath attacks and the big slam after he rears back.

After you (and other players/palicos) have been exposed to the frenzy virus enough he'll temporarily enter a super mode that exposes his horns. This is your only chance to break them and lots of recipes want them. Fortunately smacking him in the head is also how you cancel his super mode. Don't worry, it doesn't change much.

The bolded only applies to Gore Magala. Shagaru's horns are out 100% of the time, but require two breaks to get the drop. Gore and Shagaru were two of my favorite fights in MH4U, and I beat Shagaru for the first time in Generations last night. Not because I needed to for advancement, or wanted his gear (though I kind of do..), but simply because I wanted commendations. Now my Petrified Strongarm is an Obsidian Strongarm! Because going from hitting things with fossils to hitting things with volcanic glass makes perfect sense... :smallbiggrin:

RagingBluMunky
2016-08-19, 06:31 PM
Success! I managed to get Rath Marrow! Now all I need is a plate which (looks it up) is even Rarer than the marrow! (throws up hands)

So now I must ask myself, I've already hunted nine of these beasts, should I just get fire weapons and call it good? I do have comparable armor that I may be able to decorate into a defense boost (no guarantee on that), and/or get the fire attack boost that a full set of Rathian would get me.

Anyway, thank you for the help! I'll probably need more later :smallamused:

Quietus
2016-08-20, 01:21 AM
Success! I managed to get Rath Marrow! Now all I need is a plate which (looks it up) is even Rarer than the marrow! (throws up hands)

So now I must ask myself, I've already hunted nine of these beasts, should I just get fire weapons and call it good? I do have comparable armor that I may be able to decorate into a defense boost (no guarantee on that), and/or get the fire attack boost that a full set of Rathian would get me.

Anyway, thank you for the help! I'll probably need more later :smallamused:

Fire weapons are definitely nice, I'm planning on getting a fire charge blade from Rathian myself. But you don't need a full set, just the one or two you're most likely to use. Specifically, you'll only find yourself wanting to use fire weapons against those monsters most weak to it, if you're still early game it's better to focus on a good general weapon.

In MHGen tonight, I dismantled Seregios (seriously, why was I worrying about this?), struggled through the Rathios+Rathian fight, and then managed to repel Narkarkos. I am now high rank, have upgraded my Obsidian Strongarm, and I'm considering going back to get a full Glavenus set. With my +10 Gathering/one slot pendant, I could use that set and have Grinder, Fast Sharpening, Mind's Eye, and Gathering +1. Better than the Jaggi/Bulldrome combo I'm using now, bigger attack boost, better defense, and way better against fire. Sets me up nicely... for farming HR Glavenus? :smallconfused:

::Edit:: Idea with this set is that my level 2 Obsidian Strongarm has the barest scrap of blue sharpness, and with Grinder, I can prevent sharpness loss for a full minute. That's 1.2x attack on my 150 raw weapon, 10 more attack boost over my current Attack Up L. Once I can get HR Glavenus armor, I keep Grinder, and can gem it for Sharpness+2, which should be enough to get me a scrap of white sharpness on Obsidian Strongarm level 3/4. With level 4, that means I'm getting 1.32x 180 attack, so a 57.6 attack boost, which is almost constant due to Grinder. And then... then I look toward Hellblade Glavenus. :smalleek:

Rising Phoenix
2016-08-21, 05:18 PM
So long story short I stumbled in a room yesterday with two 55+ HR hunters carrying their buddy through low rank...and they were kind enough to take me all the way to HR6....

Now the 'problem' with this is that I am running around with my Jaggi + Bulldrome set up which makes me very squishy... First though I need to get 4 Fucium ore for my Tigerex longsword, cause more blue sharpness and attack are always good... But for armor I am not too sure:

I could go and farm the Rath set, or I could farm the lower high rank dromes... Anything bigger at high rank is pretty much a two hit ko at this stage... Or I could find another group to carry me (not gonna do that).

huttj509
2016-08-21, 07:03 PM
Been wondering...

The trade cat's name is "Neko (Means "Cat")." Was this a typo in 3U that got carried over to 4U and MHGen, or a Death Note fansub meme reference?

Quietus
2016-08-21, 08:11 PM
Been wondering...

The trade cat's name is "Neko (Means "Cat")." Was this a typo in 3U that got carried over to 4U and MHGen, or a Death Note fansub meme reference?

I don't remember any NPC in 4U named that.

So long story short I stumbled in a room yesterday with two 55+ HR hunters carrying their buddy through low rank...and they were kind enough to take me all the way to HR6....

Now the 'problem' with this is that I am running around with my Jaggi + Bulldrome set up which makes me very squishy... First though I need to get 4 Fucium ore for my Tigerex longsword, cause more blue sharpness and attack are always good... But for armor I am not too sure:

I could go and farm the Rath set, or I could farm the lower high rank dromes... Anything bigger at high rank is pretty much a two hit ko at this stage... Or I could find another group to carry me (not gonna do that).

It might be worthwhile to go back and farm some step-up armor. I haven't looked into anything for longswords, I'm a CB user basically exclusively, but it may be worthwhile to look up options from upper end of low rank, or the lower end of HR. I'm planning on going for the Glavenus armor and gem in fast sharpener, to keep that little bit of blue going for a long time.

huttj509
2016-08-21, 08:15 PM
I don't remember any NPC in 4U named that.

monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Neko_(Means_Cat) (http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Neko_(Means_Cat)) says he showed up in 4U. I don't recall seeing him either.

Quietus
2016-08-21, 09:36 PM
monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Neko_(Means_Cat) (http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Neko_(Means_Cat)) says he showed up in 4U. I don't recall seeing him either.

Huh. That's a thing.

On another note, I did my first Deviant quest today. Deviant Arzuros, ran him with my nephew. Holy HELL that thing hits hard. We did not succeed, and I was not prepared to be bouncing off his back, at all. All the more reason to fight for the Glavenus armor; Mind's Eye will make my life SO much easier in this game.

Professor Gnoll
2016-08-21, 11:09 PM
Been wondering...

It's a joke. The cat says a lot of things in Japanese before immediately translating them. It is indeed a reference to poor fan subs.

Huh. That's a thing.

On another note, I did my first Deviant quest today. Deviant Arzuros, ran him with my nephew. Holy HELL that thing hits hard. We did not succeed, and I was not prepared to be bouncing off his back, at all. All the more reason to fight for the Glavenus armor; Mind's Eye will make my life SO much easier in this game.
Redhelm Arzuros hits like a truck, and is surprisingly unpredictable. The trick is his long wind-up times.

I will say that you're better off aiming for weakspots that don't bounce instead of using Mind's Eye. You'll still lose sharpness twice as fast and deal minimum damage if you attack the bounce zones regardless of whether you actually bounce.

Quietus
2016-08-21, 11:23 PM
It's a joke. The cat says a lot of things in Japanese before immediately translating them. It is indeed a reference to poor fan subs.

Redhelm Arzuros hits like a truck, and is surprisingly unpredictable. The trick is his long wind-up times.

I will say that you're better off aiming for weakspots that don't bounce instead of using Mind's Eye. You'll still lose sharpness twice as fast and deal minimum damage if you attack the bounce zones regardless of whether you actually bounce.

Well, Mind's Eye is kind of the secondary benefit. The main thing is that with Grinder and five jewels, I can get fast polish, and make that sharpening stick for a minute without losing ground. That means my sliver of blue sharpness (or white on the Seregios blade? ...Eventually...) sticks around. Mind's Eye is just for those crappy situations where monsters just refuse to stop making my weapons bounce. That being said, I do need to practice hitting weak points.

On another note, Village 5* quests are crap. In order to reach Village 6*, I apparently need to go back and do a bunch of 3* stuff for various village leaders. And one of those is a stupid egg quest. At least they don't block up the route back, in this one.

Professor Gnoll
2016-08-22, 12:08 AM
Well, Mind's Eye is kind of the secondary benefit. The main thing is that with Grinder and five jewels, I can get fast polish, and make that sharpening stick for a minute without losing ground. That means my sliver of blue sharpness (or white on the Seregios blade? ...Eventually...) sticks around. Mind's Eye is just for those crappy situations where monsters just refuse to stop making my weapons bounce. That being said, I do need to practice hitting weak points.
Fair enough. Heavy Polish with Speed Sharpen is a great combo.

On another note, Village 5* quests are crap. In order to reach Village 6*, I apparently need to go back and do a bunch of 3* stuff for various village leaders. And one of those is a stupid egg quest. At least they don't block up the route back, in this one.
That egg quest is pretty easy. It's only got one real surprise.

Quietus
2016-08-22, 01:27 AM
Fair enough. Heavy Polish with Speed Sharpen is a great combo.

That egg quest is pretty easy. It's only got one real surprise.

Yeah. The surprise - which I'm dancing around for spoiler reasons - was an annoyance, but one I could manage. I was more complaining about the fact that in order to access the Village Glavenus hunt, I need to go through V5 (he's the V6* Urgent). And in order to go through V5, you have to hunt Lagiacrus, Rathalos, Uragaan, plus the other three flagships of Astalos, Mizutsune, and Gammoth. And in order to access *those* three flagships, you need to do between two and four other quests, of which you are not really given any direction aside from "Talk to other village leaders". So V5 is anywhere from twelve to eighteen quests long, if you've been charging headlong through key quests in search of advancement, and they don't really give you good direction on how to access half of them. I find it to be relatively poor game design, is all.

Rising Phoenix
2016-08-22, 06:23 AM
Well got the rath set with Attack large up.... am broke now...

Quietus
2016-08-22, 06:42 AM
Well got the rath set with Attack large up.... am broke now...

Congratulations! Being broke never lasts long, your zenny stash will recover after a few quests.

DaOldeWolf
2016-08-22, 03:42 PM
Been wondering...

He also appeared in monster hunter 3 ultimate. He is the one you speak to go to the guild. :smallbiggrin:

Also, does anyone know when is it a good time to start facing deviants?

My brother and I barely survived against the redhelm arzuros. We can manage all the monsters one can face on low hunter hub quests of rank up to level three.

Rising Phoenix
2016-08-22, 05:11 PM
Congratulations! Being broke never lasts long, your zenny stash will recover after a few quests.

Think I am just gonna focus on the village quests for a bit to get access to the sakura method...

Professor Gnoll
2016-08-22, 05:13 PM
He also appeared in monster hunter 3 ultimate. He is the one you speak to go to the guild. :smallbiggrin:

Also, does anyone know when is it a good time to start facing deviants?

My brother and I barely survived against the redhelm arzuros. We can manage all the monsters one can face on low hunter hub quests of rank up to level three.
HR3 is a pretty good place to start fighting Deviants. You will start to get better at them with practice.

Quietus
2016-08-22, 10:30 PM
Think I am just gonna focus on the village quests for a bit to get access to the sakura method...

That was my plan, too. I'd definitely mix it up, but honestly, just having fun helps. I've just cleared Astalos and Mizutsune (V5*), both those fights are a lot of fun. I still have trouble with Gammoth, unfortunately. He's up next, then the Glavenus urgent I've been working toward. :smalleek:

Elhann
2016-08-23, 02:12 PM
That was my plan, too. I'd definitely mix it up, but honestly, just having fun helps. I've just cleared Astalos and Mizutsune (V5*), both those fights are a lot of fun. I still have trouble with Gammoth, unfortunately. He's up next, then the Glavenus urgent I've been working toward. :smalleek:

I had no trouble at all with the Gammoth: tetsu armor makes his stompquakes much less annoying, and it is just a matter of hitting its legs once and again.
Breaking his elephant-nose-thing is a different question, though.

Glavenus is the first monster in this game I found hard (I haven't tried any deviants yet). Does anyone have any tips to cut his tail? Id it even possible?

DaOldeWolf
2016-08-23, 05:31 PM
I had no trouble at all with the Gammoth: tetsu armor makes his stompquakes much less annoying, and it is just a matter of hitting its legs once and again.

Glavenus is the first monster in this game I found hard (I haven't tried any deviants yet). Does anyone have any tips to cut his tail? Id it even possible?

I had no trouble with gammoth either. Its a really slow monster and such a big target that most of the time he will end up taking most of your combos without getting to do much.

Also, I don't know but I find the glavenus as a pretty easy opponent, at least that has been my experience as a hunting horn user (I even got the armor set for myself). :smallconfused:

Nope, you cant cut the tail but you can break it. I have also managed to break its head.

In other subject, is there an easy way to get redhelm arzuros hair? My brother and I are trying to get him the whole armor set but we havent been able to get any hair from it. :smallfrown:

Professor Gnoll
2016-08-23, 05:41 PM

It is possible to cut off Glavenus's tail. However, you can only do so while it is red-hot.

DaOldeWolf
2016-08-23, 05:49 PM
It is possible to cut off Glavenus's tail. However, you can only do so while it is red-hot.

Really? I didn't know. Thanks for the info. :smallsmile:

huttj509
2016-08-23, 06:13 PM
In other subject, is there an easy way to get redhelm arzuros hair? My brother and I are trying to get him the whole armor set but we havent been able to get any hair from it. :smallfrown:

http://mhgen.kiranico.com/item/redhelm-ragehair Looks like just breaking the head.

Quietus
2016-08-23, 11:26 PM

I just keep getting hit by his area-effect stuff, and covered in stupid snow. He's more annoying that way.

On Glavenus - as noted, you can cut his tail. I didn't know it had to be red hot, though. Explains why I keep breaking it but not cutting it. And which Glavenus are you having trouble with? The one that shows up at HR3 in the key quests seems to be a lot harder than the one you get at HR5. The HR3 one ate all my resources, and the HR5 one I hardly touch my mega potions. 3 first aids are normally enough, with maybe one or two mega pots. I just finished getting that whole set, and wow, it feels SO much better than the Bulldrome/Jaggi mix. I finally feel like a real hunter, now that I've beat the game! :smalltongue:

Rising Phoenix
2016-08-24, 04:43 AM
Why are there so many village quests in this game? Why? And why are there so many gathering quests? Eww.

Professor Gnoll
2016-08-24, 06:07 AM
Why are there so many village quests in this game? Why? And why are there so many gathering quests? Eww.
MHG actually stands for Material Hunter/Gatherer.

Quietus
2016-08-24, 06:55 AM

Would you prefer less content?

Elhann
2016-08-24, 03:08 PM
More high (or G) rank quests would be nice, but that's just me. Gathering quests... are just an opportunity to use the Cat mode.

Quietus
2016-08-24, 04:13 PM
More high (or G) rank quests would be nice, but that's just me. Gathering quests... are just an opportunity to use the Cat mode.

Yeah, fair enough. I don't think we'll see a whole lot of G material, even in event quests. Perhaps we'll get MHXG/MHGenU eventually?

Rising Phoenix
2016-08-24, 04:47 PM

Less content locked behind gathering/eggxtraction quests? Absolutely.

Professor Gnoll
2016-08-24, 05:07 PM
Yeah, fair enough. I don't think we'll see a whole lot of G material, even in event quests. Perhaps we'll get MHXG/MHGenU eventually?
Very unlikely. We've never seen more than one G game per generation.

MHGen shouldn't be considered a main entry in the same way as 4 was. Capcom said that it's like the Street Fighter Alpha of the series. It's a celebration spin-off, which is why it's not numbered. So a G version probably won't happen.

Quietus
2016-08-24, 08:49 PM

MHGen shouldn't be considered a main entry in the same way as 4 was. Capcom said that it's like the Street Fighter Alpha of the series. It's a celebration spin-off, which is why it's not numbered. So a G version probably won't happen.

Ah, I didn't realize that. Good to know.

golentan
2016-08-24, 10:43 PM

Honestly, though, I'm enjoying it more than I did 4. I'm loving the different fighting styles, most especially Aerial Insect Glaive and Adept/Bushido Longsword. Activating hunter arts is... clunky, sure, but they add some versatility to play and can be really cool when they land. And as someone who always felt the armors and weapons were kind of ridiculous in appearance and the top level armors more so... I kinda appreciate that I can upgrade low level gear so that it remains useful/relevant if not optimal.

Plus, as an ardent shipper of things, I kind of appreciate that the Moga Sweetheart will move in with a character complete with subtext if you ask nicely and complete her quest.

Quietus
2016-08-25, 10:43 AM
Honestly, though, I'm enjoying it more than I did 4. I'm loving the different fighting styles, most especially Aerial Insect Glaive and Adept/Bushido Longsword. Activating hunter arts is... clunky, sure, but they add some versatility to play and can be really cool when they land. And as someone who always felt the armors and weapons were kind of ridiculous in appearance and the top level armors more so... I kinda appreciate that I can upgrade low level gear so that it remains useful/relevant if not optimal.

Plus, as an ardent shipper of things, I kind of appreciate that the Moga Sweetheart will move in with a character complete with subtext if you ask nicely and complete her quest.

Well, I guess now I have another goal to meet! Interesting.

I will say that MHGen plays very differently from MH4U for me, but I say that as a Charge Blade player in both. They've really altered the weapon, and I've been playing Adept Charge Blade exclusively. Been considering trying another style, though, because I'm not making the fullest use of perfect block/perfect dodge. Or maybe I just need to get better at those..

DaOldeWolf
2016-08-25, 12:14 PM

I have been enjoying this game a lot more too. i agree that aerial insect glaive feel amazing. Adept hunting horn is also rather nice. My experience on arts has been different but I prefer arts like extract bug or harmonize which while not dealing any damage, give me an edge when I need it the most.

The new way to portray weapons is kinda weird (from what I heard is the old way before i got into monster hunter). I don't completely understand it yet. I still appreciate what they have done to the weapons.

Also, I am really enjoying the prowler mode though getting the right cat with the right moves and right skills can take its time. :smallsigh:

huttj509
2016-08-25, 02:00 PM
I'm loving Aerial Dual Blades. The feling of going demon mode, leaping off the foe (anbd dual blades do a hit just from the leap as well), and coming down with a swirling slash through the middle of him? Yes please.

Rising Phoenix
2016-08-25, 04:12 PM
I will have to agree that this is prolly the best monster hunter to date. Bushido longsword is ridiculous (you can't hit me "Na! Na! Na!" now I am gonna counter you for ridiculous damage and charge my blade more).

Quietus
2016-08-26, 06:56 AM
Well, I did the two V6* Tigrex hunts last night. Wow does Adept CB make Tigrex a cakewalk. That was almost offensively easy, and I suspect when I come back for Zinogre to unlock ingredients, it'll be more of the same. I've been working on unlocking Coal Hearted, and now I am done everything needed in Village; all that's left is for me to go from HR4 to HR6 in the hub, and do the Desert Brawlers quest. Would have been nice if I could have met up with friends locally who could have hosted Coal Hearted for me beforehand, but screw it, I'll solo up to that point if I need to. I want to have it before the weekend's out.

::Edit:: Just unlocked the urgent to get HR5. That Plesioth might be a challenge with my Glavenus armor. Once I get to HR6, should I focus on getting High Rank Glavenus armor? Or start trying to farm Grimclaw Tigrex to get the basic level of his weapon, and maybe some wyvern gems to upgrade my Obsidian Strongarm?

::Edit2:: Woah. I was expecting Plesioth to be a challenge, but wow it is basically a wall. This is going to be really tough to get past.

Quietus
2016-08-28, 10:57 PM
Well, I didn't quite make HR6; I spent Saturday farming materials to upgrade weapons, and today I was able to clear all of HR5, plus the Mitzusune urgent. Gammoth will wait until next time I play, and then I just have to clear Desert Brawlers and I will be able to start farming charms. Wow, what an adventure to get that far.

::Edit:: Cleared Gammoth last night. Desert Brawlers is going to be really tough to solo, though. I played a little too conservatively, and paid for it. Almost ran out the clock, and died because I had to go too far to the other end of the spectrum and got really reckless. I think I'm going to need to fight a Cephalos in high rank, to upgrade my axe. Another 20 attack would be very nice. And if I clear two HR6 key quests, I'll unlock Hyper fights - if I clear one of *those*, I can add 40 attack instead. 25% increase in damage output would certainly make that quest quite a bit easier. Or maybe I just need to git gud/pace myself :smalltongue:

DaOldeWolf
2016-08-30, 05:52 PM
I am surprised you are going so fast. I am taking my time since I am trying to get all the possible weapons there are. Also, waiting for my healing palico. Still not much luck. :smallfrown:

Quietus
2016-08-30, 07:55 PM
I am surprised you are going so fast. I am taking my time since I am trying to get all the possible weapons there are. Also, waiting for my healing palico. Still not much luck. :smallfrown:

I'm not trying to get every weapon. I'd like to get every charge blade - I'm almost exclusively Adept CB, despite really not using it to its fullest yet - but if I wanted every weapon, I'd need a source of money. That's what I'm trying to unlock right now; Coal Hearted (Guild6 quest, which also requires Village6 unlocked, plus other specific quests in both sides), which is a great way to get charms and money. It also means, conveniently, that I'm unlocking a lot of other content as I go.

In the end, I'm a completionist; I'll want to do every quest in both modes, eventually. But right now I'm in the push for access to content, so that if I decide I want something, I can get it.

golentan
2016-09-02, 04:15 PM
Myself, I've been playing around with trying to max out my arsenal of weapons I find most fun. I just made high rank cuz I'm going fairly slow.

Quietus
2016-09-02, 04:21 PM
Myself, I've been playing around with trying to max out my arsenal of weapons I find most fun. I just made high rank cuz I'm going fairly slow.

Congrats on high rank! I've managed to unlock Coal Hearted, and I'm at the point where I can raise several of my charge blades to their next levels. Been taking a victory lap, doing a few coal runs to get lots and lots of charms, and my next few targets involve building the blue guild armor (for more gathering goodness), plus farming High Rank Glavenus armor, plus the aforementioned weapon upgrades.

DaOldeWolf
2016-09-02, 04:33 PM
Has anyone seen the concept arts of the scrapped weapons of monster hunter generations? What do you guys think about them?

Some kind of big boomerang
http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/MHxBuki-2.png
And a sword with a dog/wolf partner
http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/MHxBuki-1.png

Rising Phoenix
2016-09-02, 07:58 PM
So boxing, pet class and um... blade boomerang thing?

Pet class woulda been great. Blade boomerang thing no, pass.

Quietus
2016-09-03, 12:28 AM
So boxing, pet class and um... blade boomerang thing?

Pet class woulda been great. Blade boomerang thing no, pass.

Isn't pet class just your palico? And blade boomerang seems pretty similar to insect glaive, just a lot more focus on the bug.

Rising Phoenix
2016-09-03, 02:57 AM
Isn't pet class just your palico? And blade boomerang seems pretty similar to insect glaive, just a lot more focus on the bug.

I guess your cat can be your pet class. But I was more thinking for a hunting party of 4.

Quietus
2016-09-03, 11:37 AM
I guess your cat can be your pet class. But I was more thinking for a hunting party of 4.

Fair enough, though I would worry about the resources that would consume. More characters to animate and all that.

On another note, since I really feel I need to practice with my perfect guards, I think I'm going to spend some time fighting low rank Glavenus, with a self-imposed rule; I can only use perfect guards and counterattacks to do damage. I'll probably need to set up a Guard+1 set to be comfortable with it, but it seems a good way to get that practice in.

Rising Phoenix
2016-09-03, 08:10 PM
Fair enough, though I would worry about the resources that would consume. More characters to animate and all that.

Considering the popularity of monster hunter I don't think resources are gonna be an issue. Anywho, back to the grind.

Professor Gnoll
2016-09-04, 09:44 AM

On another note, since I really feel I need to practice with my perfect guards, I think I'm going to spend some time fighting low rank Glavenus, with a self-imposed rule; I can only use perfect guards and counterattacks to do damage. I'll probably need to set up a Guard+1 set to be comfortable with it, but it seems a good way to get that practice in.
If by perfect guards you mean Adept guards, Guard +1 becomes irrelevant, surely. Unless you want it for when you miss the guards.

Quietus
2016-09-05, 10:29 AM
If by perfect guards you mean Adept guards, Guard +1 becomes irrelevant, surely. Unless you want it for when you miss the guards.

Yes, Adept/Bushido/Perfect guards. And I think guard+1 would still reduce damage taken? Plus I'd like to have it for when I use guard points - I actually thought that the Guard skill would help with Adept guards, but it's good to know it makes no difference with regard to knockback. Very neat, and adds a layer of complexity.

Professor Gnoll
2016-09-05, 06:32 PM
Yes, Adept/Bushido/Perfect guards. And I think guard+1 would still reduce damage taken? Plus I'd like to have it for when I use guard points - I actually thought that the Guard skill would help with Adept guards, but it's good to know it makes no difference with regard to knockback. Very neat, and adds a layer of complexity.
Fair enough on the guard points. But yes, Adept guards are unaffected by guard skills.

DaOldeWolf
2016-09-05, 10:16 PM
I have finished all the village quests and finally got the healing palico I was looking for. Time to continue my work by doing each hub quest. :smallbiggrin:

Quietus
2016-09-05, 11:03 PM
Oh man. Just cleared Hub 6* Dinovaldo solo, that was tough. But I'm able to start slowly shifting into high rank Glavenus gear; already have the helm, which on its own upped my defense by around 30. I'm expecting the same on all pieces. It's also removed my water -res skill, pretty happy about that!

Added benefit : Now I think I can send Meownster Hunters to find his bits, and help build this armor set out.

::Edit:: Also... unlocked Hellblade Glavenus. I'm not sure I want to pursue that one just now.

RagingBluMunky
2016-09-06, 07:39 PM
Hello again! Glad to see the thread still up and running! I've beaten my way up to the cusp of high rank ( in the story mode at least) and have decided to get a set of D.Mohran (gloaming) armor until I've earned a set of high rank armor. Except, it's a pain to fight, so any advice would be well appreciated. I prefer dual blades (still) but I am flexible with weapon choices.

DaOldeWolf
2016-09-06, 09:59 PM
I feel kinda embarrassed, I have more than a hundred hours of gameplay and I have just completed all the low rank 1 missions from the hunters hub. :smallfrown:

Having more than 20 weapons makes it really hard to work up everything. I keep running out of material and have to keep working on gaining more. :smallsigh:

At least, I have completed all the village quests so far but it definitely will take its time for me to get to High Rank.

Quietus
2016-09-06, 10:31 PM
Hello again! Glad to see the thread still up and running! I've beaten my way up to the cusp of high rank ( in the story mode at least) and have decided to get a set of D.Mohran (gloaming) armor until I've earned a set of high rank armor. Except, it's a pain to fight, so any advice would be well appreciated. I prefer dual blades (still) but I am flexible with weapon choices.

Is this 4U, or MHGen? I haven't seen Dahren Moran in Gen yet.

I feel kinda embarrassed, I have more than a hundred hours of gameplay and I have just completed all the low rank 1 missions from the hunters hub. :smallfrown:

Having more than 20 weapons makes it really hard to work up everything. I keep running out of material and have to keep working on gaining more. :smallsigh:

At least, I have completed all the village quests so far but it definitely will take its time for me to get to High Rank.

Everyone plays the way that's most fun to them! I'm usually just as bad about having lots of different weapons. I've committed to charge blade for Gen, however, which turned out to be an excellent choice. For what it's worth, once you reach high rank (HR4 hub) you can do the Coal Hearted quest - while this may not help with monster parts, it does get you lots of zenny, which will quickly become important.

RagingBluMunky
2016-09-06, 11:14 PM

Sorry, this is in 4U.

DaOldeWolf
2016-09-07, 12:42 AM
Everyone plays the way that's most fun to them! I'm usually just as bad about having lots of different weapons. I've committed to charge blade for Gen, however, which turned out to be an excellent choice. For what it's worth, once you reach high rank (HR4 hub) you can do the Coal Hearted quest - while this may not help with monster parts, it does get you lots of zenny, which will quickly become important.

I only use three weapon types: hunting horn, prowler and insect glaive. I currently own 20 different types of hunting horns, 16 different insect glaives and 24 different palicoes with their own unique armor sets though only 9 are used by me as a prowler.

I have played over a hundred missions with each of these weapons. When it comes to resources, my insect glaive has taken the highest amount of resources since I need to upgrade the bug and the weapon and the prowler has taken the least since most of the time, I can get enough material from upgrading my weapons. It has been a lot of work but it has been nice. :smallsmile:

Professor Gnoll
2016-09-07, 12:46 AM
And you never will. MHGen cut all of the 'colossal' monsters from previous generations. No Gogmazios, Dire Miralis, Mohran, Lao Shan Lung, or Dalamadur to be seen.

Quietus
2016-09-07, 10:55 AM
Sorry, this is in 4U.

Ah, okay. Well... dual blades, huh? Well, make sure you're making thorough use of the ballista and cannons (maybe eat for Bombardier to up that damage?), and run up his arms any time you can to get access to the points you can actually damage. Definitely worth bringing stamina drinks, if you aren't already, so you can unleash with full power constantly. Why are you making Dah'ren armor for dual blades, though?

I only use three weapon types: hunting horn, prowler and insect glaive. I currently own 20 different types of hunting horns, 16 different insect glaives and 24 different palicoes with their own unique armor sets though only 9 are used by me as a prowler.

I have played over a hundred missions with each of these weapons. When it comes to resources, my insect glaive has taken the highest amount of resources since I need to upgrade the bug and the weapon and the prowler has taken the least since most of the time, I can get enough material from upgrading my weapons. It has been a lot of work but it has been nice. :smallsmile:

Good grief. Yeah, that's a huge resource sink. I think I have 8 or 10 charge blades, and I'm only really trying to upgrade 3 or 4. That number may rise soon, as I'm likely to unlock Grimclaw Tigrex today and his charge blade is apparently amazing, but I'm also closing in on finishing a couple of them - may be able to get a hyper ticket for my Obsidian Strongarm today, then I just need pure elder dragon blood to take it to Relic Blade.

And you never will. MHGen cut all of the 'colossal' monsters from previous generations. No Gogmazios, Dire Miralis, Mohran, Lao Shan Lung, or Dalamadur to be seen.

Ah, I figured. I hadn't heard any word about any of them - Nakarkos seems to be about the biggest we're going to get, it seems. Though apparently they don't mind going the other way, I don't know if it's here yet but Japan apparently has an event quest for a teeny tiny Gammoth. It's adorable, and terrifying.

::Edit:: Lots of random advancement tonight! Collected bits and pieces, upgraded several charge blades - my Obsidian Strongarm just needs Pure Dragon Blood to max out, and I think my Blackguard is also one away. Tigrex Blade got one upgrade, will have another once I do one more HR Tigrex run. And then I went after a bunch of meownster hunters/coal hearted. I'm also working on getting my nephew a full set of HR Glavenus armor, because it's just plain awesome.

Quietus
2016-09-09, 11:54 PM
Well now. I've gone from clearing random quests in Village (working toward Hayabusa Feather), to wanting a challenge. Enter HR7, and the opening of Hyper Glavenus.

So, I've now beaten Hyper Glavenus. Two of my HR Glavenus armor pieces are one level from max, not willing to spend Fire Orbs on them yet. I'm considering whether to move on to gather more heavy armor spheres, or if I want to go back and try Hellblade Glavenus now. I think with my defense bump, I might be able to take it now.

DaOldeWolf
2016-09-10, 12:11 AM
I also have good news. My weapons have reached the point where they cannot be leveled up anymore without high rank stuff. The next step is to finish leveleling up my palicos to jump to the next step. :smallsmile:

Quietus
2016-09-10, 12:35 PM
I also have good news. My weapons have reached the point where they cannot be leveled up anymore without high rank stuff. The next step is to finish leveleling up my palicos to jump to the next step. :smallsmile:

That's awesome! I wouldn't worry too much about leveling your palicos, though - they'll level up much faster once you reach HR, and as you advance through the Hub quests, you'll be able to hire higher level kitties. I hire them at level 20 or 21 now, which I think is the cap. That happens around HR 6, I believe.

I just cleared the quest which will allow me to make R-series armors! Three hyper tetsucabra back to back was kind of insane. I was hoping I'd be able to make R-series Glavenus gear for my palicos, but apparently not - I must be missing something, because I have plenty of all kinds of Glavenus parts.

::Edit:: Found it, I apparently need to beat (don't know if I've already unlocked it?) the V6 Teostra to open all of those up.

Spacewolf
2016-09-10, 02:14 PM
Damn everytime someone makes one of these threads it makes me want to playing MH again but I dont have a platform capable of playing them, if only someone would make a decent rip off for PS or PC. (Toukiden Kiwami which is the only one I know of was just to easy and floaty.)

Dont suppose anyone has hear anything that might be able to scratch that itch ;)

Hiro Protagonest
2016-09-10, 05:23 PM
Yes.

Better content > more content.

If it's up to me, the Moga Sweetheart dies alone!

She is the only character in the village I would see replaced.

Quietus
2016-09-11, 12:33 AM
Yes.

Better content > more content.

For me, the thing is to look at what that content is supposed to do. And most of those gathering quests are "Earn X wycademy points" - and the point of those is to make people more familiar with what parts of a map will produce various items. I'm pretty okay with that. There's a few of them to gather random items like abyssal mushrooms and unique ferns, but those are made easier if you've done the X Wycademy point quests and noted where the spawn points that give you multiple of those happen to be. It's annoying and time consuming, and could probably be done in a better way, but I can't think of how. If nothing else, I think having something other than yet another "Hunt this monster. Now hunt three of it!" is a nice difference in kind.

DaOldeWolf
2016-09-11, 02:19 AM
That's awesome! I wouldn't worry too much about leveling your palicos, though - they'll level up much faster once you reach HR, and as you advance through the Hub quests, you'll be able to hire higher level kitties. I hire them at level 20 or 21 now, which I think is the cap. That happens around HR 6, I believe.

I just cleared the quest which will allow me to make R-series armors! Three hyper tetsucabra back to back was kind of insane. I was hoping I'd be able to make R-series Glavenus gear for my palicos, but apparently not - I must be missing something, because I have plenty of all kinds of Glavenus parts.

::Edit:: Found it, I apparently need to beat (don't know if I've already unlocked it?) the V6 Teostra to open all of those up.

Well the ones receiving training are the main ones for my personal use. I had to work quite hard to get the passible skills and support moves I wanted. Those palicoes took so long that training them sounds easier than trying to get some with the same set later on. Really, its quite hard to get what you desire for a palico set.

I agree that there are some quests that can be annoying about recollection but I also recall the last level before high rank in MH4 feeling like tedious filler (and all those quests were about fighting a bunch of monsters). Having lots of quests fighting a bunch of monsters can be as boring as collecting quests if you have many of them to be done consequentially. Still, I would take collecting quests over fighting bunch of monsters after bunch of monsters. That kind of quest is only interesting for challenging oneself or for group hunts. :smallyuk: I despise those missions for the story mode.

Quietus
2016-09-11, 09:04 PM
Well the ones receiving training are the main ones for my personal use. I had to work quite hard to get the passible skills and support moves I wanted. Those palicoes took so long that training them sounds easier than trying to get some with the same set later on. Really, its quite hard to get what you desire for a palico set.

I agree that there are some quests that can be annoying about recollection but I also recall the last level before high rank in MH4 feeling like tedious filler (and all those quests were about fighting a bunch of monsters). Having lots of quests fighting a bunch of monsters can be as boring as collecting quests if you have many of them to be done consequentially. Still, I would take collecting quests over fighting bunch of monsters after bunch of monsters. That kind of quest is only interesting for challenging oneself or for group hunts. :smallyuk: I despise those missions for the story mode.

Ah, yes. If you've got palicoes that have all the skills you need, then leveling them up makes perfect sense.

huttj509
2016-09-11, 10:06 PM
Note for anyone palico farming in case you weren't aware.

The 4 villages have different stocks of palicos when you scout, and they focus on different abilities (balanced, offensive, support, defensive).

This page: https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/4tfy86/palico_skill_distribution_guide_how_palico_skill/ While not the easiest at first glance, is nice for checking and realizing "oh, I *can't* get pitfall purr-ison and shock purr-ison on the same palico naturally, so if I want both I'll need to have one of those be the one I train over."

Upon reading that I just snagged a palico with pitfall purr-ison, go-fight-win, and good support skills and another waiting in the wings to teach him shock purr-ison when I unlock it. Easier once I saw Yukumo had the best chances for both GFW and the 2 purr-isons.

I mean, looking for the right palico is made all the harder if you don't know if all the skills you want can even show up at once.

DaOldeWolf
2016-09-12, 06:18 PM
Note for anyone palico farming in case you weren't aware.

The 4 villages have different stocks of palicos when you scout, and they focus on different abilities (balanced, offensive, support, defensive).

This page: https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/4tfy86/palico_skill_distribution_guide_how_palico_skill/ While not the easiest at first glance, is nice for checking and realizing "oh, I *can't* get pitfall purr-ison and shock purr-ison on the same palico naturally, so if I want both I'll need to have one of those be the one I train over."

Upon reading that I just snagged a palico with pitfall purr-ison, go-fight-win, and good support skills and another waiting in the wings to teach him shock purr-ison when I unlock it. Easier once I saw Yukumo had the best chances for both GFW and the 2 purr-isons.

I mean, looking for the right palico is made all the harder if you don't know if all the skills you want can even show up at once.

Yep, I know about it. Still, this only helps you realize which cat maiden is more likely to have your ideal palico but doesn't help in getting the palico you want since you still cant control which skills your palico gets. Everything still remains random. :smallfrown:

In other news, I just need to finish two more missions to be able to start playing high rank missions.

huttj509
2016-09-12, 09:26 PM
Yep, I know about it. Still, this only helps you realize which cat maiden is more likely to have your ideal palico but doesn't help in getting the palico you want since you still cant control which skills your palico gets. Everything still remains random. :smallfrown:

In other news, I just need to finish two more missions to be able to start playing high rank missions.

What sort of setup are you looking for? I found once I knew where to look and what for it didn't take that long as I was running missions to gear up and progress village rank anyway.

Quietus
2016-09-14, 12:02 PM
Next step, for me : HR break! I have too many things I want to make that require me to break HR7, so I've been soloing a bunch of that content. Shagaru Magala down on Monday, and I did Brachydios, Glavenus/Uragaan, and Mizutsune/Malfestio last night. I might not play much tonight, but I think Astalos/Rathian shouldn't be too tough. Not looking forward to Gammoth/Zamtrios, though.

Quietus
2016-09-15, 11:33 PM
I try to avoid double posting, but I kind of need to cheer for myself on this one : I JUST CLEARED HR 7 NAKARKOS SOLO. HR break : Achieved! Super super happy about this. It took me 9 first aid potions, 14 mega potions, and every shred of skill I've gained pushing through all the other quests as well, but I feel I was in top form tonight.

In other news, I also cleared Astalos/Rathian and Gammoth/Zamtrios today. :smalltongue:

Rising Phoenix
2016-09-16, 05:20 AM
Welp after a hietus I returned to the game, cleared HR 5 and am now HR 6...yay... Now to farm a bit more glavenus...and HR leaping lizards...

DonKalypso
2016-09-16, 05:24 AM
I'm still back on 4U, but I'm not sure if I want to upgrade to Gen, given the various things I've heard of it.

Anyone have a list of the major differences aside from the Arts?

Also, good job, Quietus.

huttj509
2016-09-16, 12:11 PM
I'm still back on 4U, but I'm not sure if I want to upgrade to Gen, given the various things I've heard of it.

Also, good job, Quietus.

I think the main difference is the styles. Each weapon now has 4 "modes" which can notably change gameplay with them.

For example, a brief rundown of Long Sword.

Guild - normal moveset, can use 2 Hunter Arts

Striker - slightly reduced moveset, can use 3 Hunter Arts

Aerial - B-roll turns into a hop that leaps off enemies into the air. R-combo no longer usable from ground. R-combo from air works fine though. After levelling up to White, R-combo from air starts at hit 3, making levelling up to yellow and red easy. 1 Hunter Art. Great for mounting the enemy.

Adept/Bushido - Correctly timed dodges turn into a dash when an attack hits them. Attacking out of the dash, and then following up with R, levels up the meter quickly. Normal R-combo loses 4th hit, so only way to level up is from the dash. Wonderful for avoiding attacks and then punishing the monster for it. Also the strike from the dash to level up takes less area than normal 4th hit, so is more MP-friendly. 1 Hunter Art.

Quietus
2016-09-16, 02:29 PM
Welp after a hietus I returned to the game, cleared HR 5 and am now HR 6...yay... Now to farm a bit more glavenus...and HR leaping lizards...

I'd offer to lend a hand, but I've got a busy weekend ahead of me - maybe sometime next week, or the weekend following? I'd like to play some with GitP'ers. If only I could sort out how to make friends show up... :smallredface:

Also, good job, Quietus.

Thank you! I would say that 4U and Gen both offer interesting games, but there are big differences. The main difference I've found is that this game feels a lot shorter; admittedly I haven't started on the true endgame content, but I can see myself approaching that now. The big advantage is that everything is so much more customizable; as huttj509 mentioned, every weapon has four styles, available from when the game starts. Guild style is the weapon as you remember it (sometimes with tweaks, such as with the charge blade) with two arts, Striker always trades some portion of their moveset for the opportunity to have three arts and charges those arts faster, aerial allows aggressive and stylish mounting with one art, and adept is about block/dodge followed by counterattack with one art. Some of these play extremely differently than you're used to, for better or worse. I've been playing adept charge blade exclusively, and have been having a blast with it. Extremely fluid gameplay, I find, and when played well you take pretty close to zero damage. Some people really don't like the style at all, though.

So, what charms is everyone looking for? I think my ideal right now would be something with either Artillery or Guard +6 and three slots, plus Sense -10. Being that I play Adept CB, I REALLY want to have the monster's attention on me as often as possible - I do currently have a +6 guard ooo charm, and will probably decorate it for guard+1 on a Hellblade set, but I would drop them in a moment for anything that lets me reach -10 sense.

Rising Phoenix
2016-09-16, 09:09 PM
I'd offer to lend a hand, but I've got a busy weekend ahead of me - maybe sometime next week, or the weekend following? I'd like to play some with GitP'ers. If only I could sort out how to make friends show up... :smallredface:

Thanks, but I finished the set last night. Put handicraft +2 in it and wide range +1 from a charm. Proceeded to down the dreadqueen three times in quick succesion (she's easier than redhelm azuros, especially with wide range +1 negating poison for the whole team.), deviljo (we nearly lost, he's still the same deviljo I love from MH 3) and a few other bits and bobs.

Quick question back in MH 3 there when crafting weapons there was the option to immediate craft the HR variant when you have the parts. This is no longer the case right? I will have to go farm Low Rank to craft what I want right?

Quietus
2016-09-17, 02:24 AM
Thanks, but I finished the set last night. Put handicraft +2 in it and wide range +1 from a charm. Proceeded to down the dreadqueen three times in quick succesion (she's easier than redhelm azuros, especially with wide range +1 negating poison for the whole team.), deviljo (we nearly lost, he's still the same deviljo I love from MH 3) and a few other bits and bobs.

Oh wow. That's amazing - I may have to try Dreadqueen, if she's easier than Redhelm. Particularly if I can find someone lucky enough to have Wide Range on them!

On crafting weapons - correct. You'll need to start from the low rank version, and work your way up. If it's a Deviant monster, then it is an entirely separate advancement, no way to turn regular Glavenus weapons into Hellblade weapons.

On gear : I beat Village Teostra today, so I got Pure Elder Dragon Blood. Obsidian Strongarm is now the Relic Blade, so another 20 raw for me, plus natural white. Glavenus armor gives me an extension on that with sharpness+1, and I'm using a +4 Artillery, two slot pendant. 5/6 slots on armor are used for Sharpener, last slot plus the two on pendant for Artillery, so I now have :

Sharpness +1 (very nice chunk of white)
Heavy Polish (sharpening weapon makes it not lose sharpness for a period of time)
Speed Sharpening (obvious)
Artillery Novice (boost phial damage, stacks with Felyne Bombadier to hit the 1.4x damage cap)

This armor set really feels like it is 90% quality of life, with maintaining white sharpness for entire fights off of just a couple whetstones. The extra 20 raw, plus going from 1.15x phial damage before up to 1.4x, ought to make a big difference. Hellblade armor (if I get a pendant I can gem Artillery into natively, I'd be 2 points short with my current setup) would be all of this same, plus Divine Blessing.

Oh, and I maxed out my Full Blackguard, so if I need a 3 slot weapon I have that option with 200 raw and 20 defense. Shred of white on sharpness+1, and nice white with +2.

::Edit:: Beat Hellblade tonight! Twice! If I beat it once more and get four Hellblade Scales, I will have the full set of armor - I'm hoping the next few upgrades will let me save some more scales, because I haven't got the weapon yet. And I definitely want that.

Rising Phoenix
2016-09-18, 07:20 AM
Sakura method is broken...I made like a million zenny in 15 minutes? I could have made more but I am hording the ores for now. Also got a few purple and pink weapons including the volcanis...

Now I am on the casp HR 7, sergios can wait for another time though...fatigued...

Quietus
2016-09-18, 08:51 AM
Sakura method is broken...I made like a million zenny in 15 minutes? I could have made more but I am hording the ores for now. Also got a few purple and pink weapons including the volcanis...

Now I am on the casp HR 7, sergios can wait for another time though...fatigued...

Awesome, congratulations! Yes, Sakura Method is insane. Even doing it solo is some of the best money I've made in a long time. You must have had a full group?

Rising Phoenix
2016-09-18, 06:14 PM
Awesome, congratulations! Yes, Sakura Method is insane. Even doing it solo is some of the best money I've made in a long time. You must have had a full group?

yeah full group, you are done in literally 1-2 minutes.

Quietus
2016-09-19, 01:41 AM
yeah full group, you are done in literally 1-2 minutes.

Nice. How do you determine who gets the farcasters in the box?

I just tried to clear Hellblade 2. I've carted twice now, stupid mistakes mostly. And I just had one run that was absolutely perfect for the vast majority of it, and then I killed it accidentally and failed the quest. Kind of annoyed right now... :smallmad:

Rising Phoenix
2016-09-19, 01:49 AM
Nice. How do you determine who gets the farcasters in the box?

I just tried to clear Hellblade 2. I've carted twice now, stupid mistakes mostly. And I just had one run that was absolutely perfect for the vast majority of it, and then I killed it accidentally and failed the quest. Kind of annoyed right now... :smallmad:

We did it random. Farcaster are cheap and easy to make (1 excitehsroom+ bomb casting).

Edit: aaaaand...HR 7 now... and what do we do...Oh multi hunt quests... yay...I guess we're done?

Quietus
2016-09-19, 03:04 PM
We did it random. Farcaster are cheap and easy to make (1 excitehsroom+ bomb casting).

Edit: aaaaand...HR 7 now... and what do we do...Oh multi hunt quests... yay...I guess we're done?

I guess I should relax on the honey duplicating, and order some exciteshrooms. You can buy bomb casings right?

I think I'd like to get together with some GitP'ers, and do some hunts at some point. Those multi hunt quests weren't so bad, honestly. Even the one I was most dreading was tolerable. I had a couple times I ran back to camp to sleep, but there's less reason to do that if there's more hunters.

golentan
2016-09-19, 03:14 PM
I guess I should relax on the honey duplicating, and order some exciteshrooms. You can buy bomb casings right?

I think I'd like to get together with some GitP'ers, and do some hunts at some point. Those multi hunt quests weren't so bad, honestly. Even the one I was most dreading was tolerable. I had a couple times I ran back to camp to sleep, but there's less reason to do that if there's more hunters.

Give me a PM if you decide to set up a hunt group. I have no interest in playing with randoms, but I would like to do group hunts.

I mainly play Hammer, Insect Glaive, and Longsword.

DaOldeWolf
2016-09-19, 04:12 PM

I would gladly like to help in a hunt. I love hunting with others. I dont know if my low rank situation might hinder the situation but I should be high rank by the end of the weekend.

My main three weapons are the hunting horn, the insect glaive and the prowler. :smallsmile:

Rising Phoenix
2016-09-19, 06:11 PM

If you order sap plants you get a crap ton of stones as well... Really you should have sap plants on order all the time considering that bomb castings are used in like 30% of your consumables. I am personally a huge fan of flash bombs.

And yes I'd come to a party too so that's 4... I main only longsword...will eventually branch out into dual blades, hammer and either gratsword or hunting horn. But I still need to farm everything for those weapons.

Quietus
2016-09-21, 11:20 PM
That sounds awesome! I'd be down to get together Sunday; Going to be busy this Saturday. Whether that means running through a few low rank key quests, or getting together to complete high rank stuff/farm armor bits. I could still use some HR Mizutsune stuff, and maybe Lavasioth parts if we can be bothered.

Anyone looking for a really tough challenge, Hellblade and Hyper Malfestio are both on my hit list.

DaOldeWolf
2016-09-21, 11:28 PM
Good news, guys! I am finally HR 4. I would be up for some sunday play but around what hour? :smallsmile:

Rising Phoenix
2016-09-22, 04:10 AM
Augh farming rank dreadqueen rathian is a pain with newbies...the poison...

Edit: I take that back... HR 4 newbie with hammer with the Jaggi starter set and the sergios hammer died only one AND STUNNED twice.

Quietus
2016-09-22, 06:40 AM
Good news, guys! I am finally HR 4. I would be up for some sunday play but around what hour? :smallsmile:

I have no specific plans Sunday, so could work around everyone's schedule.

Augh farming rank dreadqueen rathian is a pain with newbies...the poison...

Edit: I take that back... HR 4 newbie with hammer with the Jaggi starter set and the sergios hammer died only one AND STUNNED twice.

Oh wow. Yeah, this game is far more about skill than many, that's a great example of it. I can tell you right now, I've never tried to fight Dreadqueen, and would probably do worse than that newbie did at first. :smalltongue:

::Edit:: Ugh. I just finished Hellblade level 2. I have his full armor set plus his weapon, upgraded to level 2. Level 3? This is absolutely bonkers. Way too hard to fight Iodrome and Hellblade at the same time on Ingle Isle.

Rising Phoenix
2016-09-23, 02:31 AM

Oh wow. Yeah, this game is far more about skill than many, that's a great example of it. I can tell you right now, I've never tried to fight Dreadqueen, and would probably do worse than that newbie did at first. :smalltongue:

::Edit:: Ugh. I just finished Hellblade level 2. I have his full armor set plus his weapon, upgraded to level 2. Level 3? This is absolutely bonkers. Way too hard to fight Iodrome and Hellblade at the same time on Ingle Isle.

I just need to farm two for Rank 3 Dreadqueens before starting the final push for rank 5 and 6. By the gods her poison become insane past rank 5...Bring herbal medicines...better still bring a hunting horn that negates abnormal status effects...

I want that dreadqueen skill. I WANT it... and paralysis LS+ hammer buddy= op...add a pit trap into the mix and that's a good 20 seconds of the montser not doing anything....

Edit: Also are we gonna hunt innocent monsters over the weekend for fun and profit?

Quietus
2016-09-23, 06:43 AM
I just need to farm two for Rank 3 Dreadqueens before starting the final push for rank 5 and 6. By the gods her poison become insane past rank 5...Bring herbal medicines...better still bring a hunting horn that negates abnormal status effects...

I want that dreadqueen skill. I WANT it... and paralysis LS+ hammer buddy= op...add a pit trap into the mix and that's a good 20 seconds of the montser not doing anything....

Edit: Also are we gonna hunt innocent monsters over the weekend for fun and profit?

That's one thing I do regret about my current CB setup, I don't have a reasonable way to add to halting a monster. The paralysis weapons are crap, I could use sleep but that's really just a fancy extended flinch at this point. And I'm not as good at stunning as I used to be, particularly when I haven't figured out how to aim for the head yet.

I think I might aim to beat Hellblade 3, 4, and 5 just once... and then I'll try to farm 6 enough to get the tickets for them. I didn't realize that at level 6 it starts dropping tickets for all the lower versions. I'm a little horrified that I'd rather fight two level 6 Hellblades than one Hellblade and one Iodrome, but the key thing is.. it is not simultaneous. Once I get enough level 3 tickets, I can backtrack and do 4/5 as needed for whatever I'm missing.

I'm down for hunting things Sunday. What shall our targets be?

Rising Phoenix
2016-09-23, 06:59 AM
That's one thing I do regret about my current CB setup, I don't have a reasonable way to add to halting a monster. The paralysis weapons are crap, I could use sleep but that's really just a fancy extended flinch at this point. And I'm not as good at stunning as I used to be, particularly when I haven't figured out how to aim for the head yet.

I think I might aim to beat Hellblade 3, 4, and 5 just once... and then I'll try to farm 6 enough to get the tickets for them. I didn't realize that at level 6 it starts dropping tickets for all the lower versions. I'm a little horrified that I'd rather fight two level 6 Hellblades than one Hellblade and one Iodrome, but the key thing is.. it is not simultaneous. Once I get enough level 3 tickets, I can backtrack and do 4/5 as needed for whatever I'm missing.

Do bear in mind that you need a minimum of six tickets to leave up each piece of armour to six...

I now have enough tickets to take every dreadqueen piece to lv 6...wohoo..only caveat is that I need... four normal rathian scales and craptons of money...aka I need to find a sakura party.

As for paralysis weapons sucking. They do- on single player. In multiplayer they are godly- 1 paralysis user, 1 mount user, 1 hammer/horn user= a monster that's not doing much... Add traps, flinches from breaking parts and sleep from a bowgun user and you get the picture...

As for targets...I need...Low rank zinorge (furlbugs), low rank brachydios, low rank gore megala, high rank ludroth (hyper acceptable too) off the top of my head oh and zenny...lots and lots of zenny.

DaOldeWolf
2016-09-23, 11:19 AM

Tell me about it. I have met some awful players playing online including a Leeroy Jenkins who never healed himself and another guy who took all 3 carts for a mission against a snowbaron lagombi. If it wasn't for the fact that I ate insurance, we would have lost the mission against the lagombi. The second guy died twice on each mission we played (regardless of the monster and kept insisting on fighting deviants). :smallsigh:

And yesterday, my brother and I had the awful luck to play with three leechers (people who put missions but stay outside of the area where the monster is and don't fight for most of the mission). :smallannoyed:

I know its not exactly negate abnormal status but I got horns that can heal poison status. I have also some horns with nice healing options. :smallsmile:

I also have a great healing prowler. It has both detox horn and vase of vitality. It can also charge pretty fast with support priority and counter boost.

I know its not a hammer but I know hot aim for the head as a hunting horn/prowler user. I am sure I can help with Knocking down the monster. :smallsmile:

About monsters, I still need some nakarkos material but I would be up for hunting anything since I like hunting. We could always do what I usually do online. We each take turns to pick a mission. :smallbiggrin:

Rising Phoenix
2016-09-24, 02:26 AM
....And that's the dradqueen set at level 6...Now I just need a good charm to gem handicraft +1, swift sharpen on...Or maybe the blunt skill?

It's pretty hard to move on from the standard glavenus set, though I guess hellblade level 6 will be amazing.

DaOldeWolf
2016-09-25, 05:53 PM
I am available for some hunting, guys. :smallwink:

Quietus
2016-09-25, 05:56 PM
Just finished clearing all the non-Palico quests up through Village 4; I'm well on my way to the Hayabusa Feather! Very pleased with that. I'm going to go grab some food, and I'll be online in 2-2.5 hours, if anyone wants to play with me. I'm good to help farm more low rank stuff (honestly, village has been hilariously easy and completing low rank for anyone needing it should go really quickly), or hit Coal Hearted (I can host, great source of zenny/charms), or farm most any high rank monster. Friend code is 3067-5701-8746, I may put up a passworded room so I know anyone joining is from GitP.

DaOldeWolf
2016-09-25, 06:03 PM
Just finished clearing all the non-Palico quests up through Village 4; I'm well on my way to the Hayabusa Feather! Very pleased with that. I'm going to go grab some food, and I'll be online in 2-2.5 hours, if anyone wants to play with me. I'm good to help farm more low rank stuff (honestly, village has been hilariously easy and completing low rank for anyone needing it should go really quickly), or hit Coal Hearted (I can host, great source of zenny/charms), or farm most any high rank monster. Friend code is 3067-5701-8746, I may put up a passworded room so I know anyone joining is from GitP.

OK. I am fine with meeting in two/ two and a half hours.

Edit:
I have added you.
Here is my FC: 3110 4815 6903

Quietus
2016-09-25, 08:10 PM
OK. I am fine with meeting in two/ two and a half hours.

Edit:
I have added you.
Here is my FC: 3110 4815 6903

Sounds good. Anything in particular you're focusing on right now?

DaOldeWolf
2016-09-25, 08:13 PM
Sounds good. Anything in particular you're focusing on right now?

Well, I need a bit more of nakarkos stuff but I am up for anything. I just recently got to rank 4 and want my prowlers to gain some levels (now that level 35 has been unlocked for prowlers) so I am fine with any kind of mission. :smallsmile:

Quietus
2016-09-25, 08:25 PM
Well, I need a bit more of nakarkos stuff but I am up for anything. I just recently got to rank 4 and want my prowlers to gain some levels (now that level 35 has been unlocked for prowlers) so I am fine with any kind of mission. :smallsmile:

I'm down with Nakarkos, his armor looks neat and I haven't done anything but make his basic charge blade. Setting up a room, objective Nakarkos, quest type hunt-a-thon. It's set up so that friends shouldn't need a passcode, but if it asks for one, 1234.

DaOldeWolf
2016-09-25, 08:50 PM
Hello? You there? I think you got disconnected.

Quietus
2016-09-25, 08:57 PM
I did. I was afraid of that, bad internet reception upstairs. I'll head downstairs, so harder to reach here, but better reception in game.

DaOldeWolf
2016-09-25, 09:01 PM
OK. IŽll be waiting. :smallwink:

Quietus
2016-09-25, 09:04 PM
OK. IŽll be waiting. :smallwink:

I'm trying to find the hub again, but it isn't showing up. This has been an ongoing problem for me, will check my settings and see if I can fix it.

Quietus
2016-09-25, 09:11 PM
Nope, couldn't fix it. Will need to Google how to fix this later, this is absurd. I've remade the same room again, I guess you'll need to join me. Sorry about that.

Are you familiar with the sakuya method of charm farming, and if so, did you want to do a few runs?

::Edit:: Thanks for hunting with me! It's kind of amazing how much easier having a horn user made duramboros, he was a frustrating fight when I had to do him for the key quest. Not sure why we dropped at the end there, but I'm going to go ahead and call that a good night.

DaOldeWolf
2016-09-25, 10:57 PM
It has been a pleasure. It is always great to hunt with other fellow hunters. I enjoy playing with the hunting horn since it allows me to offer some assistance to other players. I love playing support roles and this is the one weapon in this game that allows that. The prowler is a pretty nice middle point between support and aggression. I usually play the insect glaive when there is a need for more damage. Anyway, I hope we get the chance to hunt together some other time.

Quietus
2016-09-26, 07:03 AM
It has been a pleasure. It is always great to hunt with other fellow hunters. I enjoy playing with the hunting horn since it allows me to offer some assistance to other players. I love playing support roles and this is the one weapon in this game that allows that. The prowler is a pretty nice middle point between support and aggression. I usually play the insect glaive when there is a need for more damage. Anyway, I hope we get the chance to hunt together some other time.

I know the feeling. And I'm sure we'll get the chance again - I'll be happy to help if you get stuck raising your HR somewhere, or if you want to farm some particular set of armor. Just let me know. :smallsmile:

::Edit:: I have navigated the annoyance of this game's quest system, and have unlocked the final quest to get the Hayabusa Feather! Now I just need to defeat (HR-level) Deviljho, followed by simultaneous Tigrex and Nargacuga, in the arena. That's going to be tough, but I think I can pull it off. I do get the fence, after all.

Rising Phoenix
2016-09-27, 06:28 PM
Just need three more Rank 6 Hellblades to complete the set and activate the hellblade skill...

It doesn't help that if the guy's engraged he can nearly one shot me with 300ish defense when he does his pirouette....

Quietus
2016-09-27, 08:19 PM
Just need three more Rank 6 Hellblades to complete the set and activate the hellblade skill...

It doesn't help that if the guy's engraged he can nearly one shot me with 300ish defense when he does his pirouette....

Welp, I'm jealous. :smalltongue: Did you do the level 3 with a group?

I'm taking a break from Hellblade, have burned down everything in Village. Unlocked the Hayabusa Feather quest, now I'm struggling to beat that. Soloing a HR Deviljho followed by simultaneous Tigrex and Nargacuga is proving difficult.

Rising Phoenix
2016-09-28, 01:46 AM
Welp, I'm jealous. :smalltongue: Did you do the level 3 with a group?

I'm taking a break from Hellblade, have burned down everything in Village. Unlocked the Hayabusa Feather quest, now I'm struggling to beat that. Soloing a HR Deviljho followed by simultaneous Tigrex and Nargacuga is proving difficult.

Is there any other way to play monster hunter other than with fellow hunters? Solo would be too frustrating for me...it's annoying enough when the rng decides that it's gonna target you three times in a row...Anywho finding players who can actually clear is hard enough.

Edit: And done...and an extra rank 7 clear...so now my longsword is rank 7 as well...yay...

If you think Iodromes are annoying in arenas...wait till you have a bullfango pushing you into the glavenus pirouettes...fun for all the family...

Quietus
2016-09-28, 06:33 AM
Is there any other way to play monster hunter other than with fellow hunters? Solo would be too frustrating for me...it's annoying enough when the rng decides that it's gonna target you three times in a row...Anywho finding players who can actually clear is hard enough.

Edit: And done...and an extra rank 7 clear...so now my longsword is rank 7 as well...yay...

If you think Iodromes are annoying in arenas...wait till you have a bullfango pushing you into the glavenus pirouettes...fun for all the family...

There most certainly is another way to play! As evidenced by the fact that I did HR break solo. My personal approach is that if I can't beat something solo, I'm likely to be a liability in a group. Of course, the issue with my current quests I'm stuck on (Hayabus feather and Hellblade 3) isn't in being able to fight the monsters individually, that's not really a problem. It's in fighting them as a group. Being blindsided by one monster while trying to perfect guard another is really annoying.

DaOldeWolf
2016-09-28, 12:12 PM

Yep, it is certainly possible to pass all the missions in the game without assistance. The thing is that one hunter will never be as effective and efficient as well put team of 4 with a strategy. There are lots and lots of videos of hunters made of 4 beating 2 monsters in less than 5 minutes without ever taking damage. Well, that is the case as long as the 4 hunters know what they are doing and they play smart.

There most certainly is another way to play! As evidenced by the fact that I did HR break solo. My personal approach is that if I can't beat something solo, I'm likely to be a liability in a group. Of course, the issue with my current quests I'm stuck on (Hayabus feather and Hellblade 3) isn't in being able to fight the monsters individually, that's not really a problem. It's in fighting them as a group. Being blindsided by one monster while trying to perfect guard another is really annoying.

Yep, battling two monsters at once can be hard if you are doing it by yourself.

Rising Phoenix
2016-09-28, 05:10 PM
Yep, it is certainly possible to pass all the missions in the game without assistance. The thing is that one hunter will never be as effective and efficient as well put team of 4 with a strategy. There are lots and lots of videos of hunters made of 4 beating 2 monsters in less than 5 minutes without ever taking damage. Well, that is the case as long as the 4 hunters know what they are doing and they play smart.

Yep, battling two monsters at once can be hard if you are doing it by yourself.

Hence why I prefer playing with others. Time is money monster parts after all. Plus it feels awesome when you subjugate a monster quickly. I don't enjoy spending 30 odd minutes trying to kill something and Hellblade Glavenus is tough. Killing one is hard enough.

I personally do not mind the odd death so long as the person is genuinely trying...sometimes the rng wants you dead, sometimes there's lag. It's all good.

I will, however, kick you from my lobby if:

(a) you are pestering me for clears. if I want to help I will come to your lobby.
(b) you want to be carried and don't bother engaging the monster/or are afk for the whole fight (has happened too many times)
(c) Have no idea how skills work in monster hunter and come in with a mottley of armor parts (which combined do not give you a decent skillset) and you are hr 6+.
(d) Have no arts equipped- even if you dislike using them (why would you?) it's free massive damage when the monster is down.

----
Back to Hellblade though, I strongly recommend bushido for it, it will take a lot of practise, but being able to dodge those death pirouettes is godly. Just don't get greedy with the counters...

DaOldeWolf
2016-09-28, 05:54 PM
Hence why I prefer playing with others. Time is money monster parts after all. Plus it feels awesome when you subjugate a monster quickly. I don't enjoy spending 30 odd minutes trying to kill something and Hellblade Glavenus is tough. Killing one is hard enough.

I personally do not mind the odd death so long as the person is genuinely trying...sometimes the rng wants you dead, sometimes there's lag. It's all good.

I will, however, kick you from my lobby if:

(a) you are pestering me for clears. if I want to help I will come to your lobby.
(b) you want to be carried and don't bother engaging the monster/or are afk for the whole fight (has happened too many times)
(c) Have no idea how skills work in monster hunter and come in with a mottley of armor parts (which combined do not give you a decent skillset) and you are hr 6+.
(d) Have no arts equipped- even if you dislike using them (why would you?) it's free massive damage when the monster is down.

----
Back to Hellblade though, I strongly recommend bushido for it, it will take a lot of practise, but being able to dodge those death pirouettes is godly. Just don't get greedy with the counters...

The rules I use for hunting with others online are:

1) If you die 5 consecutive times in missions, you are out. Money is scarce in this game and losing it because of one player is bad enough.
2) Everyone takes turns. You should be helping one another. You can skip your turn though.
3) Die twice in a mission then repeat this on the next mission and you are out.
4) Leeching (basically your point b) is forbidden.

Besides that, I am fine with everything else. I dont judge people by their armor sets or skills. Why? Because I met two amazingly skilled players who preferred to add challenge to themselves. One played with a low rank jaggi armor and was HR6 and it actually kept himself alive the whole mission against a dreadqueen rathian. The guy kept beating every monster we faced with that same armor set and he didn't struggle. :smalleek:

The other played a mixed armor set with no skills. He explained that he liked doing it for the challenge and he held his own pretty well.

So, in my case, I give people a chance. Except if you are a leecher. If you are leecher, you are out immediately. Leechers and Leeroy players are the kind of players I despise. The rest I don't mind.

Quietus
2016-09-28, 08:41 PM
Those are all fair rules. I would have no issues with someone booting me for any of those. Thankfully, I was generally okay - I started a room and one high HR (100+) person joined. They helped me beat Hellblade 3, which was greatly appreciated. I did cart once, and I definitely didn't do as much work as they did, but I don't think I was a total liability. And I do use Adept style, I've gotten pretty decent at perfect guards/perfect dodges on Hellblade. His big spins are easy to avoid, but you do need to watch for the doubles. Here's hoping that I can gather the rest of the level 3 tickets from the level 6 version. Because that'll be easier.. :smallsigh:

Rising Phoenix
2016-09-28, 11:23 PM
Those are all fair rules. I would have no issues with someone booting me for any of those. Thankfully, I was generally okay - I started a room and one high HR (100+) person joined. They helped me beat Hellblade 3, which was greatly appreciated. I did cart once, and I definitely didn't do as much work as they did, but I don't think I was a total liability. And I do use Adept style, I've gotten pretty decent at perfect guards/perfect dodges on Hellblade. His big spins are easy to avoid, but you do need to watch for the doubles. Here's hoping that I can gather the rest of the level 3 tickets from the level 6 version. Because that'll be easier.. :smallsigh:

Carting in hellblade is perfectly acceptable every now and then, I've seen HR 200 players cart. He's a genuinely hard fight.

Felyne insurance is not a bad food skill to bring if you are learning.

Grats on your clear. Rank 6 armor is DEFINITELY worth the effort.

Edit: DaOldeWolfe we may have come across the same player then. They carted only once during my runs which again is fine. I would be a bit more weary of them coming with that armor set for Hellblade, that thing can one shot you if you aren't 80% health with his big spins.

Incidentally: my in game name is Mortimer. Say hi if you see me.

Duos
2016-09-29, 12:02 AM
Hellblade frustrates me just because his his attacks tend to move him large distances, resulting in playing a lot of catch-up tag. Also, that stupid beyblade spin keeps carting the randos, which is sort of irritating.

Regardless, I find the fight fun, especially with a competent group. I'm still leveling mine, though-I've split my attention between dreadqueen/king, hellblade, and stonefist, because I like the armor skills.

DaOldeWolf
2016-09-29, 12:18 AM
Carting in hellblade is perfectly acceptable every now and then, I've seen HR 200 players cart. He's a genuinely hard fight.

Edit: DaOldeWolfe we may have come across the same player then. They carted only once during my runs which again is fine. I would be a bit more weary of them coming with that armor set for Hellblade, that thing can one shot you if you aren't 80% health with his big spins.

Its pretty rare for someone to accumulate that amount of defeats consecutively. If we are playing against hard monsters, its usually more common that someone else will break the streak by being defeated themselves before they get to fight which means the countdown restarts. It is really rare for one player to keep being the only one dying unless they are playing terribly.

Edit: Depends, does he kept getting killed and does he never take the chance toheal himself? If yes, then you have met the guy. Another possible way to identify the guy is by him asking for missions for a deviant and dying up to three times.

Rising Phoenix
2016-09-29, 02:12 AM
Its pretty rare for someone to accumulate that amount of defeats consecutively. If we are playing against hard monsters, its usually more common that someone else will break the streak by being defeated themselves before they get to fight which means the countdown restarts. It is really rare for one player to keep being the only one dying unless they are playing terribly.

Edit: Depends, does he kept getting killed and does he never take the chance toheal himself? If yes, then you have met the guy. Another possible way to identify the guy is by him asking for missions for a deviant and dying up to three times.

He actually only died once in 5 runs...so we have a different person. He did use the seregios hammer if that helps.

Anyhow HR 55 now...Narkakos was...a dissapointment. Jhen Mohran is a better fight than him.

So now...I do whatever I want to do...I have no desire to follow the village quests so I guess it's time to farm up some elemental longswords and move onto the hunting horn- as they seem to make every encounter a joke...

Quietus
2016-09-29, 06:48 AM

I spent a lot of time backing off to heal, and then playing catch up. But I'd say I spent at minimum half the fight right into things, and ultimately I'm pretty okay. I am past the initial "just learning" point - I did, after all, solo Hellblades 1 and 2 three times each. It's just the addition of the trolololol Iodrome that became a problem. I'm definitely looking forward to rank 6 Hellblade armor, though. It's going to open up quite a few options for me.

Incidentally, once I have that ready to go. I've been thinking, I have a status +6 three slot charm. I could use that with Horror Zofar (only sleep charge blade; 15 sleep, 180 raw, 3 slots, decent white with sharpness +2), and get Status +1 on top of the Hellblade skills. Do you think that would be worth using in online hunts? How big a difference does a sleep weapon make there?

Also, congrats! That's an impressive HR jump, you've very effectively leapfrogged me. I'm HR50, my in-game name is Quietus.

DaOldeWolf
2016-09-29, 12:19 PM
He actually only died once in 5 runs...so we have a different person. He did use the seregios hammer if that helps.

Anyhow HR 55 now...Narkakos was...a dissapointment. Jhen Mohran is a better fight than him.

So now...I do whatever I want to do...I have no desire to follow the village quests so I guess it's time to farm up some elemental longswords and move onto the hunting horn- as they seem to make every encounter a joke...

Oh, you were speaking of the mixed armor guy. :smallredface:

I though you were speaking of the Leeroy guy.

Yep, the mixed armor guy plays with a hammer. He is a pretty good player. It is certainly possible that is the same guy.

I am Free Tiger in this game. In games, I usually go by FreeTiger, FreeWolf and Free.

Quietus
2016-09-29, 03:48 PM
Oh, you were speaking of the mixed armor guy. :smallredface:

I though you were speaking of the Leeroy guy.

Yep, the mixed armor guy plays with a hammer. He is a pretty good player. It is certainly possible that is the same guy.

I am Free Tiger in this game. In games, I usually go by FreeTiger, FreeWolf and Free.

You know, I always wonder what other people think of my skill when I play with them. My perception of myself is 100% a consistent, "I could do better". I like to think I at least fall at a minimum of not-leecher, and I know I've played with a few people less skilled than myself, but since I see people playing on Youtube far more often than in person, I wonder if that skews my perception.

Rising Phoenix
2016-09-29, 11:20 PM
I spent a lot of time backing off to heal, and then playing catch up. But I'd say I spent at minimum half the fight right into things, and ultimately I'm pretty okay. I am past the initial "just learning" point - I did, after all, solo Hellblades 1 and 2 three times each. It's just the addition of the trolololol Iodrome that became a problem. I'm definitely looking forward to rank 6 Hellblade armor, though. It's going to open up quite a few options for me.

Incidentally, once I have that ready to go. I've been thinking, I have a status +6 three slot charm. I could use that with Horror Zofar (only sleep charge blade; 15 sleep, 180 raw, 3 slots, decent white with sharpness +2), and get Status +1 on top of the Hellblade skills. Do you think that would be worth using in online hunts? How big a difference does a sleep weapon make there?

Also, congrats! That's an impressive HR jump, you've very effectively leapfrogged me. I'm HR50, my in-game name is Quietus.

Sleep bombing is great, but best to coordinate with your team: AKA everyone brings bombs and traps.

Hammers always appreciate paralysis/sleep. Especially on the tall monsters... and everyone appreciates a stunned monster.

Incidentally what's the best way to farm DECENT charms. sakura method yields lots sure, but I haven't gotten anything amazing from them.

You know, I always wonder what other people think of my skill when I play with them. My perception of myself is 100% a consistent, "I could do better". I like to think I at least fall at a minimum of not-leecher, and I know I've played with a few people less skilled than myself, but since I see people playing on Youtube far more often than in person, I wonder if that skews my perception.

For me it basically boils down to:

(1) Am I having fun?
And (2) Am I contributing and not being a pain.

So long as I meet those requirements and I am actually doing useful things than I think I am doing ok. Always happy to take honest criticism on board of course.

Quietus
2016-09-29, 11:24 PM
Sleep bombing is great, but best to coordinate with your team: AKA everyone brings bombs and traps.

Hammers always appreciate paralysis/sleep. Especially on the tall monsters... and everyone appreciates a stunned monster.

Incidentally what's the best way to farm DECENT charms. sakura method yields lots sure, but I haven't gotten anything amazing from them.

Yeah, sleep bombing did occur to me. It's also nice for breaking specific parts, I suppose? If I drop an Energy Blade (which naturally does 2x damage) on a sleeping monster (for an extra 2x), I'm pretty much guaranteed to break whatever I hit, I bet. And apparently one of the two paralysis cb has 180 raw and 15 para, which is the same as what Malfestio cb gives for sleep. Though Malfestio cb gets white sharpness with +2, plus a slot, while the Desert Sidefin gets blue sharpness and no slots.

As far as decent charms, I don't know. Is trading charms worthwhile this game?

DaOldeWolf
2016-09-29, 11:37 PM

You played really well. You took good judgment and knew when it was time for taking a risk and when it was time to play it safe. Many people don't realize when its a good time for some self healing when I play with hunting horn. :smallsmile:

Yep, its really amazing. With the hunting horn, I also usually manage to stun the monster.

I got a few good ones according to my brother thanks to the sakura method. Keep trying, luck should eventually be on your side. :smallsmile:

Quietus
2016-09-30, 06:46 AM
You played really well. You took good judgment and knew when it was time for taking a risk and when it was time to play it safe. Many people don't realize when its a good time for some self healing when I play with hunting horn. :smallsmile:

Yep, its really amazing. With the hunting horn, I also usually manage to stun the monster.

I got a few good ones according to my brother thanks to the sakura method. Keep trying, luck should eventually be on your side. :smallsmile:

That is possibly higher praise than I was hoping for, thank you. :smallredface: I guess my experience with multiplayer Hellblade was less about me and more about Hellblade.

On Sakura method - I would say, once you've made a million zenny doing it, you should be able to expect to have a couple of nice pendants. I have my 6 guard three slot, and my 6 status three slot (though that one has -3 Handicraft..). Got a small collection of them with Deviant skills, and several that provide +10 or better to elemental resist or attack skills. I don't have anything I'd consider to be godly, but for the amount of work I've put in, I'm pretty comfortable with the results. I usually get one or two worth keeping per run.

Rising Phoenix
2016-09-30, 07:34 AM
...and now I have hellblade tickets 1-10...yay...

Rank 8 is honestly the most frustrating one as you cannot bring any items...just what the game gives you...so if you cart you remain squishy for the rest of the match.

But sleep bombing rank 9 makes it cake walk...

Quietus
2016-09-30, 11:16 PM
...and now I have hellblade tickets 1-10...yay...

Rank 8 is honestly the most frustrating one as you cannot bring any items...just what the game gives you...so if you cart you remain squishy for the rest of the match.

But sleep bombing rank 9 makes it cake walk...

Congrats, that's awesome! I still haven't pursued past level 4. I've been farming Hyper parts, specifically Nibelsnarf and Malfestio. I now have fully leveled up their weapons. Pretty happy about this; I think I might aim at Seregios later.

DaOldeWolf
2016-10-01, 01:26 AM
I havent been advancing since I got to the HR4. A friend recently got the game and we are helping him catch up. He is almost there since we just helped him get to HR3. One more level before moving forward once again. :smallsmile:

Rising Phoenix
2016-10-01, 04:23 AM
And the narga razor is nearly done...just need to farm some mitzu parts for the mitzu and yukumo ls...

Quietus
2016-10-01, 01:34 PM
And the narga razor is nearly done...just need to farm some mitzu parts for the mitzu and yukumo ls...

Nice! I still need to make the Grimclaw charge blade, but today I've been working on the Seregios one. Seditious Charger, I think? Need one more hyper bone and one more hyper horn, and I think I'll be able to take it right up to max.

::Edit:: Just noticed, that's not accurate. I'll need a Hyper Ticket 3. I guess it's time to figure out beating the Winged Wyverns quest, unlock Energy Blade 3 and get that ticket. If I'm lucky, I'll get the hyper horn while I'm at it.

Rising Phoenix
2016-10-02, 09:17 AM
Tip: When fighting dreadking rathalos priority number one is to break both wings as that then makes him vulnerable to flash bombs while in flight.

Tip 2: Remember to hug your bow user hunting pals for causing said annoyance to constantly tumble out of the sky.

Dreadking is one annoying beastie...

Quietus
2016-10-02, 09:21 AM
Tip: When fighting dreadking rathalos priority number one is to break both wings as that then makes him vulnerable to flash bombs while in flight.

Tip 2: Remember to hug your bow user hunting pals for causing said annoyance to constantly tumble out of the sky.

Dreadking is one annoying beastie...

Good to know, thanks! I'd heard about that, I thought you only had to break one wing though? Also, I imagine finding bow users is fairly easy, I hear the Teostra bow is crazy strong?

And because I'm a glutton for question marks this morning, I'm not sure what my evening will look like right now, but if I'm free, would anyone be capable of helping me fight Winged Wyverns later? Tough fight, it's three hyper monsters - Astalos, Rathian (or Rathalos?), and Seregios - in the arena. After having taken forty minutes to solo the hyper Seregios quest yesterday, I don't think I'll be able to solo this one.

Rising Phoenix
2016-10-02, 06:33 PM
Good to know, thanks! I'd heard about that, I thought you only had to break one wing though? Also, I imagine finding bow users is fairly easy, I hear the Teostra bow is crazy strong?

And because I'm a glutton for question marks this morning, I'm not sure what my evening will look like right now, but if I'm free, would anyone be capable of helping me fight Winged Wyverns later? Tough fight, it's three hyper monsters - Astalos, Rathian (or Rathalos?), and Seregios - in the arena. After having taken forty minutes to solo the hyper Seregios quest yesterday, I don't think I'll be able to solo this one.

If I am around sure :).

Quietus
2016-10-02, 09:03 PM
If I am around sure :).

Sounds good! I'll be playing in about 15 minutes, gotta take care of some minor chores and grab a drink. Will put up a public room titled "hyper hunting", I intend to start with Winged Wyverns, and then let the room go where it will.

::Edit:: Ended up with a room containing three other people, some seemed unsure but we handled Winged Wyverns brilliantly. I've now realized I'm missing a Dissenter to get the final Sedition upgrade, but that's fine. We then went to fight a Hyper Plesioth, and I don't know if I dropped or the other two people who stuck around for it did, but I ended up soloing more than half the fight. Succeeded though, which I am VERY proud of, that fight was awful when I had to fight it to raise my HR a while back. Making it Hyper really doesn't help with that.

Also realized that I could swap Relic Blade for Full Blackguard, get Guard+2 and 20 defense in exchange for 20 raw and Artillery Novice when I'm feeling defensive. Probably won't do that often, but it's an option. I also found a 6 artillery, 2 destroyer/3 slot charm in my box, which is kind of convenient as well.

Rising Phoenix
2016-10-03, 08:20 PM
Sounds good! I'll be playing in about 15 minutes, gotta take care of some minor chores and grab a drink. Will put up a public room titled "hyper hunting", I intend to start with Winged Wyverns, and then let the room go where it will.

::Edit:: Ended up with a room containing three other people, some seemed unsure but we handled Winged Wyverns brilliantly. I've now realized I'm missing a Dissenter to get the final Sedition upgrade, but that's fine. We then went to fight a Hyper Plesioth, and I don't know if I dropped or the other two people who stuck around for it did, but I ended up soloing more than half the fight. Succeeded though, which I am VERY proud of, that fight was awful when I had to fight it to raise my HR a while back. Making it Hyper really doesn't help with that.

Also realized that I could swap Relic Blade for Full Blackguard, get Guard+2 and 20 defense in exchange for 20 raw and Artillery Novice when I'm feeling defensive. Probably won't do that often, but it's an option. I also found a 6 artillery, 2 destroyer/3 slot charm in my box, which is kind of convenient as well.

Sorry I missed ya, I checked several times and couldn't see a room so I guess it filled up before I got a chance to join.

Well done on the clear. I will need to do that fight a few more times for hyper rathalos scales as you cannot hyper rathalos on its own.

Quietus
2016-10-03, 08:28 PM
Sorry I missed ya, I checked several times and couldn't see a room so I guess it filled up before I got a chance to join.

Well done on the clear. I will need to do that fight a few more times for hyper rathalos scales as you cannot hyper rathalos on its own.

Can't you? http://mhgen.kiranico.com/quest/guild/7.26-a-fiery-temper - I have this quest available in my list. No idea how I unlocked it, sadly, but I'm happy to host it and run it with you.

::Edit:: Just cleared the Hayabusa Feather quest! Very pleased with myself tonight. I also picked up two Deviljho gems in the process, and the Deviljho itself was a gold crown, big green pickle.

Rising Phoenix
2016-10-04, 04:51 AM
Can't you? http://mhgen.kiranico.com/quest/guild/7.26-a-fiery-temper - I have this quest available in my list. No idea how I unlocked it, sadly, but I'm happy to host it and run it with you.

::Edit:: Just cleared the Hayabusa Feather quest! Very pleased with myself tonight. I also picked up two Deviljho gems in the process, and the Deviljho itself was a gold crown, big green pickle.

Thanks, in the end I just found a room farming that quest so that sorted me. It's apparently given by the kokoto sweetheart once you meet some requirements.

I finished the silver rath set...Not too sure what to do with it and I have now 5-6 LS on their crowned levels...

The Hayabusa further hat is pretty damn good, I may wanna get that...eventually.

Anywho back to farming dreadking.

Quietus
2016-10-04, 07:43 PM
Welp. I just cleared the Village advanced quest to hunt Shagaru Magala. I think I may want to beat that four more times, because the EX Shagaru gear looks amazing. Pointless, and I don't see much reason to want to use it, but super pretty and completely worth spending a few fights farming on that basis alone.

I think, however, that in the shorter term I'm going to want to focus on finishing Hellblade, and then see if I can get a charm/weapon combo that can give me Negate Bleeding and Guard Up (::edit:: This would require a +4 Guard up, +10 Bleeding, two slot charm. Fairly unlikely). Hellblade gear + those would be really nice for farming Silverwing Nargacuga, and Silverwind set plus Seregious switchaxe seems like a very nice combo for SA aerial style. Maybe with a pendant filled for Weakness Exploit or something.

::Edit:: And, that's a decent run for a night. Got all five Shagaru EX tickets needed, and the only thing I'm lacking to make the last piece of the Shagaru EX armor is one Gore Feeler+. Probably aim to pick that up tomorrow. Gives me Guard+1, Rationer, and Trump Card, so... yeah, not terrible, but not the greatest. But it looks super pretty, so I'm still okay with that.

Rising Phoenix
2016-10-04, 11:46 PM
Welp. I just cleared the Village advanced quest to hunt Shagaru Magala. I think I may want to beat that four more times, because the EX Shagaru gear looks amazing. Pointless, and I don't see much reason to want to use it, but super pretty and completely worth spending a few fights farming on that basis alone.

I think, however, that in the shorter term I'm going to want to focus on finishing Hellblade, and then see if I can get a charm/weapon combo that can give me Negate Bleeding and Guard Up (::edit:: This would require a +4 Guard up, +10 Bleeding, two slot charm. Fairly unlikely). Hellblade gear + those would be really nice for farming Silverwing Nargacuga, and Silverwind set plus Seregious switchaxe seems like a very nice combo for SA aerial style. Maybe with a pendant filled for Weakness Exploit or something.

::Edit:: And, that's a decent run for a night. Got all five Shagaru EX tickets needed, and the only thing I'm lacking to make the last piece of the Shagaru EX armor is one Gore Feeler+. Probably aim to pick that up tomorrow. Gives me Guard+1, Rationer, and Trump Card, so... yeah, not terrible, but not the greatest. But it looks super pretty, so I'm still okay with that.

You have the feather right? What you can do in four-five clears is silver rathalos. Craft all the body parts except the head, replace that with the feather. Enjoy your crits.

I need that feather.

Edit: So I made myself a skill spaming set with the grimclaw LS and dreadking set...Add hunter's drink and once a monster is toppled by one of your team mates...it's not getting up...ever again...between breaks, cuts, stuns and flinches the poor things just...die...

Quietus
2016-10-05, 07:24 AM
You have the feather right? What you can do in four-five clears is silver rathalos. Craft all the body parts except the head, replace that with the feather. Enjoy your crits.

I need that feather.

Edit: So I made myself a skill spaming set with the grimclaw LS and dreadking set...Add hunter's drink and once a monster is toppled by one of your team mates...it's not getting up...ever again...between breaks, cuts, stuns and flinches the poor things just...die...

Now that's a nifty set idea, I might just have to do that. Can probably use a pendant and gems to get Evasion in there, as well. And I do like having a monster just topple and stay down, those are absolutely fun fights to just laugh at the monsters.

Also, I've just realized that if I use the Arc arms/legs R, with the EX Arc body/waist, and Hayabusa Feather, and my 6 guard/3 slot talisman, then I get a set with Handicraft 10, Guard 10, and Expert 15, along with five open slots (a 2 and a 3) not including weapon. I get the look I wanted from the EX body/waist, and replace the laurel wreath of Shagaru bits with plain head. That's really not terrible, and if I have a one slot weapon then I can get up to Guard 15 and Expert 20. Alternatively, leave those skills where they are and gem in Artillery... or, again with a one slot weapon, I can bump one of those two skills up, and use the remaining three slots to go from Light Eater 4 to 10. Nifty. Of course, I have to find and beat a hyper Shagaru Magala to do that.

::Edit:: On Silver Sol armor - I can totally do that. Hayabusa Feather plus Silver Sol gear, use the slots on the armor to fill in the missing Tenderizer/Critical Up, and I have an Evasion +6 three slot pendant. Weakness Exploit, Critical Up, Critical Eye +2, and Evasion +1. With Energy Charge, that's 100% crit on a 0 affinity weapon when hitting a weak point. No reliance on weapon slots, either. Probably pair it with Hellblade switchaxe, that 200 raw and natural white is very nice.

Rising Phoenix
2016-10-06, 06:49 PM
::Edit:: On Silver Sol armor - I can totally do that. Hayabusa Feather plus Silver Sol gear, use the slots on the armor to fill in the missing Tenderizer/Critical Up, and I have an Evasion +6 three slot pendant. Weakness Exploit, Critical Up, Critical Eye +2, and Evasion +1. With Energy Charge, that's 100% crit on a 0 affinity weapon when hitting a weak point. No reliance on weapon slots, either. Probably pair it with Hellblade switchaxe, that 200 raw and natural white is very nice.

That's disgustingly good...However, I do feel that the game loses its difficulty once you have a good team that knows what they are doing. Things just die...

Quietus
2016-10-06, 09:09 PM
That's disgustingly good...However, I do feel that the game loses its difficulty once you have a good team that knows what they are doing. Things just die...

The side thing of how good that is, is in getting the Hellblade SA. I'm already leveling so many Hellblade items, though, I guess one more isn't so bad. Then again, I haven't hunted Hellblade in quite a while.

Another option is that I can drop to 180 raw, but run Seditious SA. I have no need of the two additional slots, nor the 20% affinity unless I'm hitting less-hard parts (70% crit on all parts/120% on weak parts, during Energy Charge?). But it means worrying less about sharpening, because Seregios. Quality of life, and all that.

::Edit:: Cleared Hellblade 4 solo! With 5 minutes left. 2 carts, but that's partially because I forgot to bring cool drinks in the volcano. Is Hellblade 5 when it gets crazy hard? ::Edit2:: Well, he got harder, but I also didn't play as well as I could have. However, Hellblade 5 done! That's enough for the night.

Spacewolf
2016-10-09, 08:34 AM
So as part of my hunt to find anything MH like on a platform I own I tried God Hunter for the PC, and yea I can't really recommend it. It has the same issue Toukiden had of being too easy and too fast, you spend most of the time jumping around like a mad rabbit than actually thinking or planning. It also misses one of the bits I liked most about MH, where you feel weak compared to the monsters then you kill them and wear their skin to gain abit more protection against their attacks but 3-4 will still easily kill you in GE that sense of weakness just isn't there.

A shame but the hunt goes on.

Rising Phoenix
2016-10-09, 04:52 PM
So as part of my hunt to find anything MH like on a platform I own I tried God Hunter for the PC, and yea I can't really recommend it. It has the same issue Toukiden had of being too easy and too fast, you spend most of the time jumping around like a mad rabbit than actually thinking or planning. It also misses one of the bits I liked most about MH, where you feel weak compared to the monsters then you kill them and wear their skin to gain abit more protection against their attacks but 3-4 will still easily kill you in GE that sense of weakness just isn't there.

A shame but the hunt goes on.

There is monster hunter online. It's in Chinese, but last I checked there was a fan based English patch in development. No idea how good the gameplay is but it looks amazing.

Spacewolf
2016-10-10, 12:34 PM
Unfortunately I work at sea so I need a game i can switch between online for when I'm at home and offline when I'm working. I was thinking of giving MHO a go when I get back though, anybody here tried it?

Quietus
2016-10-10, 04:59 PM
Unfortunately I work at sea so I need a game i can switch between online for when I'm at home and offline when I'm working. I was thinking of giving MHO a go when I get back though, anybody here tried it?

This is the first I've heard of it. Sounds neat, but I think I'll stick to MHX, personally. I prefer to play solo, with the occasional foray into online.

On that note, I cleared Hellblade 6 today, solo! So I have two pieces of armor with the Hellblade skill, now. Going to try and clear Hellblade 6 twice more, and then go back to get the tickets for everything else on the way.

::Edit:: Had a bit of a bad run there, couple losses online, then paired up with a hammer user named Chris. Not one loss, and I felt we both played very well. I do think I need to start bringing hunt accessories online, though, lifepowders and such. I feel a little bad that I can't support my team in that way right now. On that note, I will also say that if anyone here wants to get Hellblade equipment, I'll gladly come with. I'm still going to need to hunt levels 3+ at least three more times each, and wouldn't mind doing levels 1 and 2 over if anyone needs them leveled up. I'll also be free the majority of Wednesday due to a minor medical thing (cyst removal) in the morning.

Quietus
2016-10-12, 09:23 PM
Oh man. I just got together with a pick up group to get some Hellblade 3 tickets. We ended up doing way more than that, I've now got Hellblade unlocked all the way up to level 9. My armor set is usable now, I have a level 8 Hellblade switchaxe... very happy with how that went. Hellblade is a lot easier with 3-4 good players.

::Edit:: To take a break from Hellblade, I'm working on setting up my secondary sets using that armor. That means farming a couple of Pale Steaks (rare stuff from Khezu), so that I can make a Disabler Jewel 2. Apparently I would rather fight that weird nightmare fuel monster to get steaks, than chase down Vespoid or Bhanabra parts. Go figure. Going to pair Hellblade set with a 6 status/3 slot pendant, to use with Dormant Wings (sleep). Maybe with the Cephalos paralyse axe, if I ever bother completing that.

::Edit2:: Really starting to get pissed. I've captured six regular Khezu, and to change things up I killed a hyper Khezu. Zero goddamned steaks.

Quietus
2016-10-16, 02:52 PM
Well, at risk of triple posting... I have managed to not only complete my Hellblade armor set to get the proper skills, I have four pieces at max level. Just need one more level 7 ticket to complete the remaining piece, I have everything else to upgrade it to 10 from there. Also enough to complete a charged blade or dual blade as well, with one successful run of 7. Pretty please with that. I've also gathered two steaks and added gems to the pendant I mentioned earlier, so I now have a pendant gemmed to give +10 status on its own. I am unsure of what my next step will be, now that I've completed the armor set I was looking at for so long.

::Edit:: So, I got my Hellblade set fully upgraded last night, and today/tonight I've been soloing silver rathalos with aerial SA using that set plus an evasion charm. I've now got all the bits I need to make the Silver Sol set, except for two Rathalos wings, which I can get from regular Rath. Pretty excited to finish that up tomorrow! Less looking forward to seeing if I have enough rathalos rubies to upgrade the set (I do not, I'm missing one)... and also not looking forward to dealing with hyper silver 'los to get the pieces to level 10.

::Edit:: So, Silver 'los armor only goes up to level 7. My four pieces are level 6, now, and I just beat Arena brachydios a few times to get legend tickets. I'm now running silver los full set plus hayabusa feather, and a 6 evade/3 slot talisman gemmed for 10 evade total. Critical eye +2, weakness exploit, critical boost, and evade +1, for an aerial switchaxe set. Pretty happy about that!

Professor Gnoll
2016-10-27, 08:05 AM
New trailer has dropped. Monster Hunter Doublecross, the equivalent to the G or Ultimate titles for MHX/Gen. Two new styles, G-rank, Prowler styles, new monsters and more. Looks like a March 18th release for Japan, no word on a western release.

Ninja_Grand
2016-10-27, 10:27 PM
New trailer has dropped. Monster Hunter Doublecross, the equivalent to the G or Ultimate titles for MHX/Gen. Two new styles, G-rank, Prowler styles, new monsters and more. Looks like a March 18th release for Japan, no word on a western release.

Brave style looks so sick.

Also Hello! I just finished The Fated Four, and am working on the online stuff now. Im a Adept Longsword user, but I dip into all weapons but bowguns and HH. Anyone got tips for hunting Redhelm? I can kill snowlord easily, but that guy is wrecking me with the claw swipe combo and the uppercut of doom....

Professor Gnoll
2016-10-28, 01:42 AM
Also Hello! I just finished The Fated Four, and am working on the online stuff now. Im a Adept Longsword user, but I dip into all weapons but bowguns and HH. Anyone got tips for hunting Redhelm? I can kill snowlord easily, but that guy is wrecking me with the claw swipe combo and the uppercut of doom....
Well, uh, dodge the claw swipe combo and uppercut of doom. They have massive windups, so if you're getting hit by them a lot you probably need to watch her tells more closely.

Apart from that, maybe upgrade your armour if you can, or try a new style. But Redhelm is one of those monsters who doesn't have a whole lot of tricks to her. You just have to be careful and watchful. Prioritise raw over elemental damage, but use a fire weapon if you do want to use elemental. Focus raw attacks on the head and body or fire attacks on the body and forelegs.

Rising Phoenix
2016-10-28, 02:15 AM

If it does come to the west I will be skipping this one..They might as well release new games as expansions packs at this stage.

Quietus
2016-10-30, 08:42 PM

Brave style looks so sick.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what Brave style gives Charge Blade, though I have to admit, my fire for Monster Hunter has been winding down since completing Hellblade. I've been mucking about doing random quests to get red checkmarks (gotta get them checks!), but I don't feel the same push right now that I did. I'm considering embracing that and moving the motivation to other areas of my life. We'll see, I guess.

mollylayne
2016-11-03, 04:17 AM
Great Information...

Sniccups
2016-11-11, 06:13 PM
Hi, I've just started playing 4U (I got it a year ago but never really played) and am on the first Tetsucabra fight. I don't have Generations, so I'm going to wait for Doublecross.

Edit: Beaten the Tetsucabra, on to the Gypceros. Any tips for this one?

Edit again: Also, I use Insect Glaive. Forgot to mention that.

Quietus
2016-11-12, 09:35 AM
Hi, I've just started playing 4U (I got it a year ago but never really played) and am on the first Tetsucabra fight. I don't have Generations, so I'm going to wait for Doublecross.

That's a fair consideration. 4U was a lot of fun, that Tetsucabra fight was a rough one for me! We're not sure if we'll get Double Cross here (in whatever they change the name to), but I would be surprised if we didn't get it.

TZane
2016-11-18, 05:11 AM
I have always been interested in Monster Hunter I had the second one on psp me & my best friend use to play it all the time. I loved playing that game it brings me back I liked using dual blades alot. My second favorite fighting was with a lance and shield.

Jader7777
2016-11-18, 05:46 AM
I really want to play more MHX, but I'm not sure if anything will carry over to the XX title. I was just about to finish the Dreadqueen and the Tigrex tickets but now I'm kind of apathetic to making any progress.

Quietus
2016-11-19, 03:13 AM
I really want to play more MHX, but I'm not sure if anything will carry over to the XX title. I was just about to finish the Dreadqueen and the Tigrex tickets but now I'm kind of apathetic to making any progress.

As I understand it, everything will transfer over. It's basically an expansion.

Sniccups
2016-11-20, 07:23 AM
As I understand it, everything will transfer over. It's basically an expansion.

Wait, so do I need Generations to play XX?

Quietus
2016-11-21, 08:57 PM
Wait, so do I need Generations to play XX?

No, not at all. What I gather is that if you play X currently, then you can essentially use that file to create an XX file/convert that file to XX. If you don't have X now, and you pick up XX, you can start from scratch just fine and have all the material currently in X. You'll just have a lot of work to get up to speed with the new G-rank material.