PDA

View Full Version : Unchained Monk vs Unchained Monk Build (PF)

Benthesquid
2016-08-16, 06:38 PM
First off, if the words "Selenopolis," "bird-jerks," and "Riptusk the Strong," mean anything to you, this thread is not for you.

*ahem*. Now, in my game I've got a character playing an unchained monk, who's living at a local monastery when not doing freelance bodyguard work/adventuring. I'd like to throw a plot hook at him, involving a disciple of another order coming to his monastery while he's away, and challenging the abbot, with the other monks looking to the PC to reclaim the monastery's order.

So, I'm looking for some advice on building a character, around level ten, that is focused on fighting other monks. Unchained Monk isn't an absolute necessity, but it should be a character focused on unarmed combat/monk weapons. Ki powers are a plus, and I'd like to avoid spells (cheating via Qinggong monks is fine).

By the same token, I'd like to avoid third party, but am open to 3.5.

At the moment I'm leaning towards either an Unchained Monk (for the Ki Blocking power especially) or Hungry Ghost Monk.

Sayt
2016-08-16, 06:45 PM
Formless master is probably quite good for this concept.

Alternatively, you could go Unchained monk of the mantis 8/Tefflammar Shadowlord 4 from 3.5, with the dimensional dervish feat could be brutal and evocative (but still counterablr) adversary.