PDA

View Full Version : Let's... D&D bucket list

Tough Butter
2016-08-16, 08:58 PM
Hey playgrounders!

I'm not sure if you do the same, but I like to set goals for my gaming 'career', like a bucket list. Because of this, I was thinking of creating a central 'bucket list' of D&D and other role playing goals together!

A first couple:

1. Successfully make a Monty Python and the holy grail reference and have people find it funny.

2. Turn down a hoard at the end of a dungeon.

3. Obtain the guts to DM a spacefaring campaign. Too complex!

Please, continue the list, and make sure to let everyone know when you accomplish a goal.

oxybe
2016-08-16, 09:08 PM
Run a 4th ed game with my Wednesday group.

I love them to bits, but if it's not Pathfinder with them, it might as well not exist.

Belac93
2016-08-16, 09:44 PM
Be (as a player) in a 5e campaign from levels 1-20.

Have a character obtain godhood.

Do something so awesome as to have my previous character be a part of another game's history.

SirBellias
2016-08-16, 09:55 PM
Find a group that will play the games I run IRL and not go completely murderhobo.

Be a player in a PbtA game.

Run more than one session of Pathfinder.

weckar
2016-08-17, 02:14 AM
Run a supers genre game for more than one session.

The above, but as a player.

...Wait, did this HAVE to be D&D?

Braininthejar2
2016-08-17, 06:45 AM
Finish a campaign based on Baldur's Gate series - (I'm at Suldanessalar right now)

MintyNinja
2016-08-17, 01:29 PM
Have character development that is not just sliding into Murder-Hobo Mode.

Play as a competent leader of a group with tactics and everything.

Encourage my IRL group to develop more roleplaying tendencies.

ExLibrisMortis
2016-08-17, 02:16 PM
Play a character that actually gets to use fusion and astral seed together. I even got a whole backstory ready to go...

TheYell
2016-08-17, 02:47 PM
Get my friends to finish a module...

1. Successfully make a Monty Python and the holy grail reference and have people find it funny.

In 2000 us University of Minnesota grad students offered a movie night and showed MPATHG to 30 undergrads.
Nobody.
Laughed.
Once.
When it was over they got up and left without saying anything.
Felt like we were in the presence of Pod People.

Calen
2016-08-17, 02:57 PM

Tried that once, lasted 4 sessions and fell apart. :smallfrown:

A game I ran had one character do that, was not planned on my part but was quite interesting.

Play as a competent leader of a group with tactics and everything.

This would be on my list as well.

Other things on my list.

DM a campaign that actually ends because the story is over, not because RL captures all the players.
Get a high level character. (2/3's of max level or higher or so)

Sky
2016-08-17, 03:16 PM
As a DM/GM:

- Pre-plan, write, and run an adventure as separate steps, as opposed to simultaneously.

- Run for a group that's experienced enough that I don't have to help with character creation, leveling up, or basic rules questions.

- Run a campaign (or several) in my own setting(s).

As a player:

- Play with a group of people I don't already know.

- Play with a group that's experienced enough that I don't have to help with character creation or leveling up.

- Be part of a team with really good group synergy. (i.e. Kaveman's Undead Cowboys)

- Design and implement a (successful) stronghold defense system.

MintyNinja
2016-08-17, 03:40 PM
- Be part of a team with really good group synergy. (i.e. Kaveman's Undead Cowboys)

Oh man, definitely this.

Zweisteine
2016-08-18, 03:35 PM
Actually play a game.

It's been some 4 years for me...

nyjastul69
2016-08-18, 05:07 PM
I'd like to get to GenCon some day.

nrg89
2016-08-18, 05:21 PM
Play in a campaign with a designated, recurring villain that's likable and scary. The campaign ends with the villain's defeat and it could be a bittersweet ending or an entirely happy one. The csmpaigns I join are always structured as discrete episodes with a villain of the week and I would so love to slowly unravel a grand scheme and foil it. If I ever did play in such a campaign I wouldn't know because they always fall apart.

Quertus
2016-08-18, 06:16 PM
Please, continue the list, and make sure to let everyone know when you accomplish a goal.

Was it your intent for us to say when we've accomplished a goal we ourselves set, when we accomplish a goal, regardless of who set it, or state which of the listed goals we have already accomplished?

I'd like to create a set of house rules that make 4e playable enjoyable to those of us who hate and loath it, so that I can get some value out of my 4e books.

I'd like to know for a fact that I've played a character from 1st to 20th 30th in 2e.

I'd like to actually play 2e, not some random set of rules that approximates 2e.

I'd like to help write / edit an edition of D&D.

I'd like to play in a single DM extended campaign in a new edition that is as fun as some of my best 2e experiences.

I'd like to play something as fun and chaotic as a 2e wild mage in a modern game.

Knaight
2016-08-18, 06:48 PM

Go for it. It doesn't have to be any harder than a planet-bound campaign, and it can be a lot of fun. As for my list.

1) Get Galactic Fruit off the ground.

2) Manage to GM one of the really ambitious ensemble cast games I've been bouncing around.

3) Manage to GM something genuinely rules heavy. Probably Burning Wheel.

BeerMug Paladin
2016-08-19, 03:17 PM
Get my friends to finish a module...

In 2000 us University of Minnesota grad students offered a movie night and showed MPATHG to 30 undergrads.
Nobody.
Laughed.
Once.
When it was over they got up and left without saying anything.
Felt like we were in the presence of Pod People.

I had a similar reaction to seeing the movie. The movie suffers heavily from the fact that many people quote its punchlines endlessly in certain contexts. Anyone who's likely to find something funny won't find it funny if they've already heard the joke 30+ times out of context before their initial viewing. Plus I just don't find MP funny. At all.

On the topic of the thread, here's a couple.

Run a character whose backstory/goals matters to the direction of a complete story arc.

As a DM, run a campaign that takes place in a time loop.

2D8HP
2016-08-19, 04:24 PM
Have character development that is not just sliding into Murder-Hobo Mode.
My goal would be the exact opposite. To forget all the '80's/90's tragic role-playing stuff and play "Murder-hobo" again like it was Junior High in 1979 or as we called it, "playing D&D", and "having fun"!

P.S.
I didn't laugh at Monty Python and the Holy Grail (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIbx7jU35X0) the first time either, when I watched it in the theatre with my parents, at seven years-old (it confused and frightened me).
When I saw it the second time as a teenager however, it was hilarious!

MrStabby
2016-08-19, 05:22 PM

The book The Lord of Light might make a good setting in that regard.

For me, I managed one of mine - which wasn't very ambitious, but still satisfying. That was to DM a campaign. Now I do it quite a bit and still love it.

Sir Grave
2016-08-19, 05:39 PM
Actually see a tabletop campaign through to conclusion... instead of what usually happens (starting up another new game before finishing the previous one :P )

FearlessGnome
2016-08-19, 05:54 PM

I came so close to crossing off this one in an excellent campaign a few years back, but I just had to go and pick up the evil artifact of doom that had turned the main villain into the main villain. And so while the rest of my party became the troll goddess of dance, the dinosaur god of children, the personification of Spring and the halfling god of luck and terrible diplomacy, I became the next main villain instead. We had been given a warning too, so I had noone but myself to blame for falling for temptation. But I ask you, who among you could have resisted picking up the bad guy's epic sword of pulsating darkness and magic that he had used to powersteal gods?

Number 1 on my bucket list though is running a game about the destruction of the Pact Primeval. It's gonna have to wait a while, because I just don't feel like I could pull it off yet. Still, I'm working my way there, running campaigns where PC and NPC factions are slowly growing to the point where an assault on the Planes of Law might not be too insanely out the realm of possibility.

Kelb_Panthera
2016-08-24, 05:50 AM
Play that soul broker character that I've been poking with for a while. Amazing how squeamish some GM's get when you want to literally play a Devils' Advocate.

bulbaquil
2016-08-24, 06:38 PM
- Run a Hackmaster campaign that lasts more than one session
- Run a 5e game for a group made up entirely of newcomers.
- Find a way to appreciate Pathfinder again.
- Play in a steampunk or cattlepunk game.
- Play in a game where my character background actually means something.
- Play in a fantasy game where the party is comprised entirely of humans.
- Have my character get put in the stocks.
- Run a game that actually goes to completion.

Vrock_Summoner
2016-08-24, 10:39 PM
Actually run a game in my Incarnum setting.

why doesn't anyone else love Incarnum

Kelb_Panthera
2016-08-24, 10:54 PM

I like incarnum :smallfrown:

But I'd hazard that it strikes most players as overly and unnecessarily complicated. It's not but I see where the perception comes from.

oxybe
2016-08-24, 11:38 PM
I love them to bits, but if it's not Pathfinder with them, it might as well not exist.

I've been pleading with my group since forever to try something else.

I'd have an easier time getting a horse to pretend it's a magical elven princess.

Ralanr
2016-08-26, 01:25 PM
-Make a dwarven chef.
-Have the same dwarven chef cook dragon meat.
-Make a psionic half-Orc pugilist.
-Throw a dragon by the tail.
-Smite punch a demon/devil/undead in the face (extra points if it's a lich or demon lord).
-Throw a dwarf/halfing/gnome.

And above all else: actually play a game again.

Going to a gaming shop for the first time after college to learn about their schedules and groups. Wish me luck!

Prince Zahn
2016-08-26, 02:07 PM
A D&D bucket list, eh? My entries would probably change at different points in my life, though I'll be glad to put in some thoughts.

My bucket list:

play an urban campaign
make a character who learns new abilities from monsters he fights, akin to the Blue Mage in Final Fantasy.
play a Binder in a real life game.
complete my character's story in a satisfying ending - this actually happened once, it would be nice if it happened again.
write (and publish) a story about one or more of my characters, or about an adventure I played in.
play a pre-gen character as skillfully as I would play a character of my own design.
DM a story from start to finish
play (or run) a Gaslamp Fantasy campaign.
play the 5e binder at least once (homebrew, or otherwise)
play (or run-) a one-shot adventure featuring the Deck of Many Things.
play a duo adventure with my girlfriend (when I have one).
inspire fear in my enemies when I blast them with my fireball, as opposed to inspiring them to charge at me.
write up a new,better Paladin's code of conduct, that is alignment-adaptable.
create a time mage class, or time magic spells.
cast an 8th level (I don't even need to reach level 20) in a campaign that started at early levels. (1-5)
craft a wondrous item, or magic armor or a weapon.
create a quiet character who won't even be noticed by the party, or go completely forgotten. (NOTE: I tried this several times, it didn't work out)

The Fury
2016-08-26, 09:05 PM
create a quiet character who won't even be noticed by the party, or go completely forgotten. (NOTE: I tried this several times, it didn't work out)

I've done this a few times, though it was on accident. It was pretty boring for me when I did, hopefully your experience will be better.

As for my own bucket list:

Since I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on it, I'd like to play a full-blown idiot hero.

Also, ever since I played a pirate in one campaign, I'd like to enter a room by crashing a pirate ship through a wall or a window. Not an airship mind, a conventional, ocean-going, square-rigged sailing ship. For some reason I find that idea a lot funnier.

LeighTheDwarf
2016-08-27, 01:10 AM
* DM a game.
* Play all the character concepts I have floating around in my head.

jitzul
2016-08-27, 01:37 PM
Play a sun soul monk.

Play a winged tiefling.

Jump on a dragons back and turn the tide of battle.

Own a airship.

Have a t-rex companion.

Play a irl game.

ATHATH
2016-08-27, 04:44 PM
I had a similar reaction to seeing the movie. The movie suffers heavily from the fact that many people quote its punchlines endlessly in certain contexts. Anyone who's likely to find something funny won't find it funny if they've already heard the joke 30+ times out of context before their initial viewing. Plus I just don't find MP funny. At all.

On the topic of the thread, here's a couple.

Run a character whose backstory/goals matters to the direction of a complete story arc.

Kind of like (Warning: TVTropes link ahead) Seinfeld is Unfunny (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SeinfeldIsUnfunny) syndrome?

2D8HP
2016-08-27, 10:55 PM

why doesn't anyone else love IncarnumAre you James Wyatt?
If I can play a PC that resembles Leiber's Fafhrd or the Gray Mouser than I'd be happy to give it a try otherwise:
1) It's 3.5, and 3.5 gives me options fatigue.
2) It looks to be focused on Spell-casters. I'm not really into the complexities of Spell-casting, and I really hated the old psionics rules from 70's DnD and any time I read the words "alternate magic system", I suspect a headache will come soon.
3) Well it's still fun when taken to action movie ridiculousness, I'm not into PC superpowers. I prefer playing PC''s who do things like climb walls, pick locks, and swing swords. I actually like the "magic system" of all but the 4th edition of the (King Arthur) Pendragon RPG, which just listed "tropes" for the NPC's, the PC''s being largely non spell casting knights.
4) It's just plain hard for me to memorize new rules. I can remember the DnD rules I studied in 1978 & '79, the Call of Cthullu rules from 1981, and the Pendragon rules from 1985, but only some of 2014's 5e DnD rules. Of the dozen plus other RPG's I've read and/or played since 1978, I retain very little.
If the DM, thev rules, and the setting allow me to just role-play (or "roll" play) a PCwhile being largely ignorant of RAW then great (you see....., what do you do, as opposed to, "what skill do you use for your roll)!
But a magic-user based campaign looks like I would need to better retain RAW, and even if I could, frankly knowing the "magic system", of the world the DM describesn just makes the world seem less magical.
My favorite PC's wield swords, and my favorite settings are:
1) Swords and Sorcery (Stormbringer)
2) Arthurian
3) Swashbuckling (3 Musketeers/Pirates)
4) Gaslamp Fantasy/Steampunk. ala Castle Falkenstein and Space 1889.
Please tell me how Incarnum compares.
Thanks

Vrock_Summoner
2016-08-28, 02:44 AM
Are you James Wyatt?
If only. Maybe then I could find players.

Please tell me how Incarnum compares.
I live to please.

If I can play a PC that resembles Leiber's Fafhrd or the Gray Mouser than I'd be happy to give it a try
Very similar, though not exactly identical in the Gray Mouser's case. There are a couple of specific tricks the Gray Mouser can do with his arcane talents that wouldn't transfer over exactly. But in terms of the kind of character? Definitely.

otherwise:
May as well tackle your other concerns.

1) It's 3.5, and 3.5 gives me options fatigue.
Since it's focused almost completely on the options in one book (Magic of Incarnum), it's quite a bit less options fatigue-y than most 3.5 games. But it's still 3.5.

2) It looks to be focused on Spell-casters. I'm not really into the complexities of Spell-casting, and I really hated the old psionics rules from 70's DnD and any time I read the words "alternate magic system", I suspect a headache will come soon.
No headaches, and much, much simpler than spell casters. Still a little more complex than pure melee, but unless Barbarian Rage is already a difficult amount of bookkeeping for you, it probably won't cause any problems.

3) Well it's still fun when taken to action movie ridiculousness, I'm not into PC superpowers. I prefer playing PC''s who do things like climb walls, pick locks, and swing swords. I actually like the "magic system" of all but the 4th edition of the (King Arthur) Pendragon RPG, which just listed "tropes" for the NPC's, the PC''s being largely non spell casting knights.
Incarnum is relatively mundane as far as supernatural abilities go. It isn't about calling overt magical effects; instead, it's about creating items that give you some special abilities, a lot of which are just enhancements to stuff you can already do. Like creating a visor that gives you a bonus to spotting things.

4) It's just plain hard for me to memorize new rules. I can remember the DnD rules I studied in 1978 & '79, the Call of Cthullu rules from 1981, and the Pendragon rules from 1985, but only some of 2014's 5e DnD rules. Of the dozen plus other RPG's I've read and/or played since 1978, I retain very little.
The rules are very easy to keep track of. Similar to what I said above - unless "how many times can I rage today?" was already too complicated, you won't have much issue keeping up with Incarnum.

If the DM, thev rules, and the setting allow me to just role-play (or "roll" play) a PCwhile being largely ignorant of RAW then great (you see....., what do you do, as opposed to, "what skill do you use for your roll)!
This is DM-dependent and really has nothing to do with the setting or rules.

But yes, I'd generally be willing to accommodate a less mechanics-attentive player and let them play by ear. I'd just make use of their sheet's info to figure out how well they do stuff myself if the player didn't want to keep track of it all.

But a magic-user based campaign looks like I would need to better retain RAW, and even if I could, frankly knowing the "magic system", of the world the DM describesn just makes the world seem less magical.
They aren't exactly magic-users as you'd understand it. For the most part, they just create some enhancing equipment at the beginning of the day for some nifty abilities and keep using them all day. And while there are mechanically understandable elements to Incarnum, there are also many, many mysteries to it to keep it interesting and mysterious to the players.

My favorite PC's wield swords
Sure! Pick your favorite method - wield a normal sword and channel the guidance of your ancestors to wield it like a champ, or take it up a notch and create your own spirit weapon? Incarnum-users aren't "spell casters" in the typical sense - they're warriors, thieves, sages, people of many potential professions and lifestyles, who empower themselves by projecting their own souls as equipment and commune with other souls to help them do things.

and my favorite settings are:
1) Swords and Sorcery (Stormbringer)
I'm unfamiliar. Sorry.

2) Arthurian
Certainly. Excalibur as a bound weapon, play Arthur himself. Or play other characters as holy knight types with only minor skill-boosting and smiting abilities. Works in the rules anyway, and works with a couple of the countries in my world (though not so much in others, there's a huge variety of cultures and some don't work with his framework).

See above. It works in some places. Just play a mundane character, or one who uses Incarnum to boost their swashbuckling skills and provide some nifty thematic tricks.

4) Gaslamp Fantasy/Steampunk. ala Castle Falkenstein and Space 1889.
None of the cultures in my setting are steampunk, but it would be a relatively minor fluff change for the game rules themselves.

Thanks
Y'welcome.

Dr paradox
2016-08-28, 04:30 AM

Not really my style. I favor sword and sorcery grounded stuff and incarnum mostly plays around with wacky-cool kinda-magic.

I played in a game that used incarnum, and mostly it was dudes with a constantly changing set of haunted/possessed masks. I'm sure there are models for simple sword use, but... A certain amount of the "sword and sorcery" power fantasy is the idea of the mundane triumphing over the unknown. A guy doesn't win a duel because of fused-ancestor-weapon stuff, but because they've got the nerve, the wits, and the training. Fluff matters as far as these things go.

Plus, and this is just a personal thing, I find I play more creatively when my character doesn't have magic. With magic, I see a lot of "all you have is a hammer" thinking. With a non-magic character, I'm forced to engage with the metaphor more fully instead of paging through my 300 mechanical options.

Jay R
2016-08-28, 09:14 AM
2) Arthurian

Play Pendragon.

Play Flashing Blades.

2D8HP
2016-08-28, 09:51 AM
Play Pendragon.
I'm still hoping to, but I haven't ever found a table in over 30 years!

Play Flashing Blades.
Same problem but I've only had this game for a year (The Ambassador's Tales campaign looks AWESOME! BTW).

But yes, I'd generally be willing to accommodate a less mechanics-attentive player and let them play by ear. I'd just make use of their sheet's info to figure out how well they do stuff myself if the player didn't want to keep track of it all.........
.. And while there are mechanically understandable elements to Incarnum, there are also many, many mysteries to it to keep it interesting and mysterious to the players.....Hand me a pre-gen, I'm sold!

Vrock_Summoner
2016-08-28, 11:09 AM
Not really my style. I favor sword and sorcery grounded stuff and incarnum mostly plays around with wacky-cool kinda-magic.
... Kinda? I could definitely see myself running a Sword & Sorcery style game with Incarnum if I kept the level low (in D&D terms, sword and sorcery gameplay falls apart at higher levels no matter how mundane you are, but Incarnum doesn't really ruin it at low levels).

I played in a game that used incarnum, and mostly it was dudes with a constantly changing set of haunted/possessed masks.
... Huh? That sounds like home brew, specifically, and not really how it works in general.

I'm sure there are models for simple sword use, but... A certain amount of the "sword and sorcery" power fantasy is the idea of the mundane triumphing over the unknown. A guy doesn't win a duel because of fused-ancestor-weapon stuff, but because they've got the nerve, the wits, and the training. Fluff matters as far as these things go.
For the record, mundane characters exist in that setting. It's Incarnum-focused because Incarnum replaces all other kinds of magic, not because everyone necessarily has it. And since Incarnum only typically gives you 2-3 very narrow and typically minor abilities within the "sword and sorcery" range of levels, there's still the level of creative lateral thinking required to overcome challenges. If you've got a warrior medic whose only abilities are "create an above-average weapon," "transfer others' wounds to myself occasionally," and "see really well, especially in the dark," they have a couple of nifty tools, but they all come off as personally-trained abilities, and they hardly obviate the need for nerve, wits, and training, they just give the character a couple of extra avenues to channel those traits.

Plus, and this is just a personal thing, I find I play more creatively when my character doesn't have magic. With magic, I see a lot of "all you have is a hammer" thinking. With a non-magic character, I'm forced to engage with the metaphor more fully instead of paging through my 300 mechanical options.
See above more typical Incarnum character - you have two or three options, none of which are blanket situation solvers. A couple of them do mitigate some problems, such as the visor reducing the penalty of being in the dark, but that's similar both mechanically and fluff-wise to a character who uses a feat or whatever to train themselves to function better in the dark. Unless you're opposed to individual characters being able to differentiate themselves with a couple of fairly minor advantages, I can't see what the issue would be.

Incarnum does get strong enough to clash with these concepts at high-levels, sure, but you could strip all the player-accessible magic from D&D and they'd still be inappropriate as sword and sorcery heroes by level 7, so that's more a matter of D&D having a wider range of power levels than your typical sword and sorcery story, rather than being a problem with Incarnum.

2D8HP
2016-08-28, 09:30 PM
... Kinda? I could definitely see myself running a Sword & Sorcery style game with Incarnum if I kept the level low (in D&D terms, sword and sorcery gameplay falls apart at higher levels no matter how mundane you are, but Incarnum doesn't really ruin it at low levels)........
Incarnum does get strong enough to clash with these concepts at high-levels, sure, but you could strip all the player-accessible magic from D&D and they'd still be inappropriate as sword and sorcery heroes by level 7, so that's more a matter of D&D having a wider range of power levels than your typical sword and sorcery story, rather than being a problem with Incarnum.Quite true, high level and low level D&D play are not the same.
Recently this Forum has had threads by those who don't like high levels:
Why do almost all editions of D&D fall apart around 10th level (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?495989-Why-do-almost-all-editions-of-D-amp-D-fall-apart-around-10th-level)
Those who like high level "Naruto/Wuxia"" style adventures, and prefer 3.5 because of that:
Sell me on 5th edition (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?495557-Sell-me-on-5th-edition&highlight=2D8HP)
And those that simply hate low levels
Roleplaying level one (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?494879-Roleplaying-level-one&highlight=2D8HP)
I think it's a strength that D&D can accommodate different power levels, but if players & DM's enjoy those different levels is another matter.
While going "Dragonslaying" has appeal, I (for example) usually retire PC''s at around 5th level, others may start at even higher levels. To each their own, but it may be a more noticible problem now because (at least with 5e) PC's level up much faster than they used to! This makes the transition from low to high levels harder to acclimate to. IIRC it used to take at least three times as much "table-time" to "level up", as it used to. But don't just take my word for it, let's see what a co-creator of D&D wrote about level progression:

D&D IS ONLY AS

GOOD AS THE DM

by Gary Gygax
Successful play of D & D is a blend of desire, skill and luck. Desire is often
initiated by actually participating in a game. It is absolutely a reflection of the
referee’s ability to maintain an interesting and challenging game. Skill is a blend
of knowledge of the rules and game background as applied to the particular game
circumstances favored by the referee. Memory or recall is often a skill function.
Luck is the least important of the three, but it is a factor in successful play
nonetheless. Using the above criteria it would seem that players who have attained
a score or more of levels in their respective campaigns are successful indeed. This
is generally quite untrue. Usually such meteoric rise simply reflects an in-
competent Dungeonmaster.
While adventurers in a D & D campaign must grade their play to their
referee, it is also incumbent upon the Dungeonmaster to suit his campaign to the
participants. This interaction is absolutely necessary if the campaign is to con-
tinue to be of interest to all parties. It is often a temptation to the referee to turn
his dungeons into a veritable gift shoppe of magical goodies, ripe for plucking by
his players. Similarly, by a bit of fudging, outdoor expeditions become trips to the
welfare department for heaps of loot. Monsters exist for the slaying of the ad-
venturers — whether of the sort who “guard” treasure, or of the wandering
variety. Experience points are heaped upon the undeserving heads of players,
levels accumulate like dead leaves in autumn, and if players with standings in the
20’s, 30’s and 40’s of levels do not become bored, they typically become filled with
an entirely false sense of accomplishment, they are puffed up with hubris. As they
have not really earned their standings, and their actual ability has no reflection on
their campaign level, they are easily deflated (killed) in a game which demands
competence in proportionate measure to players’ levels.
It is, therefore, time that referees reconsider their judging. First, is magic ac-
tually quite scarce in your dungeons? It should be! Likewise, treasures should be
proportionate both to the levels of the dungeon and the monsters guarding them.
Second, absolute disinterest must be exercised by the Dungeonmaster, and if a
favorite player stupidly puts himself into a situation where he is about to be killed,
let the dice tell the story and KILL him. This is not to say that you should never
temper chance with a bit of “Divine Intervention,” but helping players should be a
rare act on the referee’s part, and the action should only be taken when fate seems
to have unjustly condemned an otherwise good player, and then not in every cir-
cumstance should the referee intervene. Third, create personas for the inhabitants
of your dungeon — if they are intelligent they would act cleverly to preserve them-
selves and slay intruding expeditions out to do them in and steal their treasures.
The same is true for wandering monsters. Fourth, there should be some high-level,
very tricky and clever chaps in the nearest inhabitation to the dungeon, folks who
skin adventures out of their wealth just as prospectors were generally fleeced for
their gold in the Old West. When the campaign turkies flock to town trying to buy
magical weapons, potions, scrolls, various other items of magical nature, get a
chum turned back to flesh, have a corpse resurrected, or whatever, make them pay
through their proverbial noses. For example, what would a player charge for like
items or services? Find out, add a good bit, and that is the cost you as referee will
make your personas charge. This will certainly be entertaining to you, and laying
little traps in addition will keep the players on their collective toes. After all,Dungeonmasters are entitled to a little fun too! Another point to remember is that
you should keep a strict account of time. The wizard who spends six months
writing scrolls and enchanting items is OUT of the campaign for six months, he
cannot play during these six game months, and if the time system is anywhere
reflective of the proper scale that means a period of actual time in the neigh-
borhood of three months. That will pretty well eliminate all that sort of
foolishness. Ingredients for scroll writing and potion making should also be
stipulated (we will treat this in an upcoming issue of SR or in a D & D supplement
as it should be dealt with at length) so that it is no easy task to prepare scrolls or
duplicate potions.
When players no longer have reams of goodies at their fingertips they must
use their abilities instead, and as you will have made your dungeons and wilder-
nesses far more difficult and demanding, it will require considerable skill,
imagination, and intellectual exercise to actually gain from the course of an ad-
venture. Furthermore, when magic is rare it is valuable, and only if it is scarce
will there be real interest in seeking it. When it is difficult to survive, a long
process to gain levels, when there are many desired items of magical nature to seek
for, then a campaign is interesting and challenging. Think about how much fun it
is to have something handed to you on a silver platter — nice once in a while but
unappreciated when it becomes common occurrence. This analogy applies to ex-
perience and treasure in the D & D campaign.
It requires no careful study to determine that D & D is aimed at progression
which is geared to the approach noted above. There are no monsters to challenge
the capabilities of 30th level lords, 40th level patriarchs, and so on. Now I know of
the games played at CalTech where the rules have been expanded and changed to
reflect incredibly high levels, comic book characters and spells, and so on. Okay.
Different strokes for different folks, but that is not D & D. While D & D is pretty
flexible, that sort of thing stretches it too far, and the boys out there are playing
something entirely different — perhaps their own name “Dungeons & Beavers,”
tells it best. It is reasonable to calculate that if a fair player takes part in 50 to 75
games in the course of a year he should acquire sufficient experience points to
make him about 9th to 11th level, assuming that he manages to survive all that
play. The acquisition of successively higher levels will be proportionate to enhanced
power and the number of experience points necessary to attain them, so another
year of play will by no means mean a doubling of levels but rather the addition of
perhaps two or three levels. Using this gauge, it should take four or five years to
see 20th level. As BLACKMOOR is the only campaign with a life of five years, and
GREYHAWK with a life of four is the second longest running campaign, the most
able adventurers should not yet have attained 20th level except in the two named
campaigns. To my certain knowledge no player in either BLACKMOOR or
GREYHAWK has risen above 14th level.
By requiring players to work for experience, to earn their treasure, means that
the opportunity to retain interest will remain. It will also mean that the rules will
fit the existing situation, a dragon, balrog, or whatever will be a fearsome
challenge rather than a pushover. It is still up to the Dungeonmaster to make the
campaign really interesting to his players by adding imaginative touches, through
exertion to develop background and detailed data regarding the campaign, and to
make certain that there is always something new and exciting to learn about or
acquire. It will, however, be an easier task. So if a 33rd level wizard reflects a
poorly managed campaign, a continuing mortality rate of 50% per expedition
generally reflects over-reaction and likewise a poorly managed campaign. It is
unreasonable to place three blue dragons on the first dungeon level, just as
unreasonable as it is to allow a 10th level fighter to rampage through the upper
levels of a dungeon rousting kobolds and giant rats to gain easy loot and ex-
perience. When you tighten up your refereeing be careful not to go too far the other way.

Vrock_Summoner
2016-08-28, 11:37 PM
We're actually on the same page - I was saying that D&D doesn't really do sword and sorcery style at higher levels whether or not you have Incarnum, and Incarnum doesn't make the game any less sword and sorcery appropriate at low levels.

DrMartin
2016-08-29, 01:24 AM
- have my character snatched by some kind of shapeshifter. Play as the shapeshifter for as long as the rest of the party figures that out.

- have a rotating table with rotating GM, that is, a shared campaign setting and "metaplot" with a rotating rooster of characters, and players taking turn in running story arcs.

Jay R
2016-08-29, 01:29 PM
- To play TOON. (I've run it, but not played it.)

- To play Pendragon. (I've run it, but not played it.)

- To play Chivalry and Sorcery with a GM who knows it well enough to run it smoothly.

- To play a nobleman or gentleman in Flashing Blades.

- To play D&D again (the original, with the first three supplements, Greyhawk and Blackmoor and a small amount of Eldritch Wizardry)

But really, most of the goals on my bucket list have been accomplished.

Remedy
2016-08-29, 03:19 PM
I'd really like to run one of those desperate games where the world was overrun by darkness a while ago and the players have to actually go out and work proactively to make things better or more to their liking, rather than just giving them a pleasant status quo to defend.

2D8HP
2016-08-29, 07:39 PM
- To play TOON. (I've run it, but not played it.)

- To play Pendragon. (I've run it, but not played it.)

- To play Chivalry and Sorcery with a GM who knows it well enough to run it smoothly.

- To play a nobleman or gentleman in Flashing Blades.

- To play D&D again (the original, with the first three supplements, Greyhawk and Blackmoor and a small amount of Eldritch Wizardry)Not including Toon (reading it in the store years ago was enough for me), and not including the Psionics rules from Eldrich Wizardry (I still don't get them and reading Hiero's Journey by Sterling Lanier didn't help!) I am completely in the tank on this list.
I've wanted to play Pendragon since I bought it in 1985, Flashing Blades has been on my list just for this year, but before that it was GURPS Swashbucklers (FB looks better!), Chivalry and Sorcery was the first game the older guys in the gang tried to switch from D&D to (and quickly quit as "to hard"), and I've long been curious, but Original + has been on my list since the very minute my DM said we'd be playing Villains and Vigilantes that night instead of D&D, and got on my list again when we played Traveller, and who I'm I kidding, for every waking minute for the last 37 years thar I've not been playing D&D 9/10th of the time I would rather be in the basement playing '70's rules D&D with the old crew again (now impossible without "raise dead").
:sigh:

DragonSorcererX
2016-08-30, 08:09 AM

I did this, the scene of the witch!

Silus
2016-08-30, 11:41 AM
-Slay a dragon.

-Successfully lay siege to Hell/The Abyss.

-Become a living God/Demigod/God by my own hand as opposed to DM handout.

-Play in a lvl 1-20 campaign.

-Successfully pull one over on the DM.

-Play a game (ANY GAME) where we start at a level higher than 1.

-Run a horror campaign/adventure where everyone gets scared/involved.

-Run the following games:
--Redwall
--Wheel of Time
--Fallout: Equestria
--World of Warcraft
--The Secret of NIMH
--A futuristic space opera
--A futuristic space opera with World of Darkness elements

-Run a lvl 1-20 campaign.

The Fury
2016-09-02, 10:43 PM
I'd really like to run one of those desperate games where the world was overrun by darkness a while ago and the players have to actually go out and work proactively to make things better or more to their liking, rather than just giving them a pleasant status quo to defend.

I'd actually like to play in a campaign like that. For a while I've wanted to play a light-hearted optimist in a dark campaign world. Specifically one that tells (unfunny) jokes to try to get smiles out of anyone. Maybe I just like the idea of playing someone that's good-natured enough to want to help people but doesn't really know how.

RedMage125
2016-09-04, 11:47 AM

Checked this one off, which, to my surprise, came right after checking off another Bucket list D&D item:

Actually combat the Tarrasque.

We were level 17 at the time, and knew this was going to be the end of the campaign. I had a plan for retiring my character afterwards, but the DM took all of us present (we were playing in Forgotten Realms) and had Ao (FR overgod) pluck our characters up and made us deities of a whole new world. Basically, the DM was switching to a homebrew world, and he let each of us, as the newly appointed deities in this world, add one thing to the world. My character, the party wizard, became the new deity of Magic.

For my remaining bucket list items:

-Actually level a character to 20 and retire him with an appropriate denoument, instead of the game just stopping because people could no longer get together.
-Actually finish running Age of Worms (in progress right now).
-Contribute something to actual, official D&D in print(have input on a rulebook, write a prestige class, etc.)

As an aside, I'm seeing a lot of things people are wishing for that I have done, which is making me feel kind of accomplished. I've played 2e, slain dragons (as well as liches and beholders), and more.

Here's wishing everyone good luck on their lists!

Socratov
2016-09-04, 01:58 PM
Quite true, high level and low level D&D play are not the same.
Recently this Forum has had threads by those who don't like high levels:
Why do almost all editions of D&D fall apart around 10th level (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?495989-Why-do-almost-all-editions-of-D-amp-D-fall-apart-around-10th-level)
Those who like high level "Naruto/Wuxia"" style adventures, and prefer 3.5 because of that:
Sell me on 5th edition (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?495557-Sell-me-on-5th-edition&highlight=2D8HP)
And those that simply hate low levels
Roleplaying level one (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?494879-Roleplaying-level-one&highlight=2D8HP)
I think it's a strength that D&D can accommodate different power levels, but if players & DM's enjoy those different levels is another matter.
While going "Dragonslaying" has appeal, I (for example) usually retire PC''s at around 5th level, others may start at even higher levels. To each their own, but it may be a more noticible problem now because (at least with 5e) PC's level up much faster than they used to! This makes the transition from low to high levels harder to acclimate to. IIRC it used to take at least three times as much "table-time" to "level up", as it used to. But don't just take my word for it, let's see what a co-creator of D&D wrote about level progression:

D&D IS ONLY AS

GOOD AS THE DM

by Gary Gygax
Successful play of D & D is a blend of desire, skill and luck. Desire is often
initiated by actually participating in a game. It is absolutely a reflection of the
referee’s ability to maintain an interesting and challenging game. Skill is a blend
of knowledge of the rules and game background as applied to the particular game
circumstances favored by the referee. Memory or recall is often a skill function.
Luck is the least important of the three, but it is a factor in successful play
nonetheless. Using the above criteria it would seem that players who have attained
a score or more of levels in their respective campaigns are successful indeed. This
is generally quite untrue. Usually such meteoric rise simply reflects an in-
competent Dungeonmaster.
While adventurers in a D & D campaign must grade their play to their
referee, it is also incumbent upon the Dungeonmaster to suit his campaign to the
participants. This interaction is absolutely necessary if the campaign is to con-
tinue to be of interest to all parties. It is often a temptation to the referee to turn
his dungeons into a veritable gift shoppe of magical goodies, ripe for plucking by
his players. Similarly, by a bit of fudging, outdoor expeditions become trips to the
welfare department for heaps of loot. Monsters exist for the slaying of the ad-
venturers — whether of the sort who “guard” treasure, or of the wandering
variety. Experience points are heaped upon the undeserving heads of players,
levels accumulate like dead leaves in autumn, and if players with standings in the
20’s, 30’s and 40’s of levels do not become bored, they typically become filled with
an entirely false sense of accomplishment, they are puffed up with hubris. As they
have not really earned their standings, and their actual ability has no reflection on
their campaign level, they are easily deflated (killed) in a game which demands
competence in proportionate measure to players’ levels.
It is, therefore, time that referees reconsider their judging. First, is magic ac-
tually quite scarce in your dungeons? It should be! Likewise, treasures should be
proportionate both to the levels of the dungeon and the monsters guarding them.
Second, absolute disinterest must be exercised by the Dungeonmaster, and if a
favorite player stupidly puts himself into a situation where he is about to be killed,
let the dice tell the story and KILL him. This is not to say that you should never
temper chance with a bit of “Divine Intervention,” but helping players should be a
rare act on the referee’s part, and the action should only be taken when fate seems
to have unjustly condemned an otherwise good player, and then not in every cir-
cumstance should the referee intervene. Third, create personas for the inhabitants
of your dungeon — if they are intelligent they would act cleverly to preserve them-
selves and slay intruding expeditions out to do them in and steal their treasures.
The same is true for wandering monsters. Fourth, there should be some high-level,
very tricky and clever chaps in the nearest inhabitation to the dungeon, folks who
skin adventures out of their wealth just as prospectors were generally fleeced for
their gold in the Old West. When the campaign turkies flock to town trying to buy
magical weapons, potions, scrolls, various other items of magical nature, get a
chum turned back to flesh, have a corpse resurrected, or whatever, make them pay
through their proverbial noses. For example, what would a player charge for like
items or services? Find out, add a good bit, and that is the cost you as referee will
make your personas charge. This will certainly be entertaining to you, and laying
little traps in addition will keep the players on their collective toes. After all,Dungeonmasters are entitled to a little fun too! Another point to remember is that
you should keep a strict account of time. The wizard who spends six months
writing scrolls and enchanting items is OUT of the campaign for six months, he
cannot play during these six game months, and if the time system is anywhere
reflective of the proper scale that means a period of actual time in the neigh-
borhood of three months. That will pretty well eliminate all that sort of
foolishness. Ingredients for scroll writing and potion making should also be
stipulated (we will treat this in an upcoming issue of SR or in a D & D supplement
as it should be dealt with at length) so that it is no easy task to prepare scrolls or
duplicate potions.
When players no longer have reams of goodies at their fingertips they must
use their abilities instead, and as you will have made your dungeons and wilder-
nesses far more difficult and demanding, it will require considerable skill,
imagination, and intellectual exercise to actually gain from the course of an ad-
venture. Furthermore, when magic is rare it is valuable, and only if it is scarce
will there be real interest in seeking it. When it is difficult to survive, a long
process to gain levels, when there are many desired items of magical nature to seek
for, then a campaign is interesting and challenging. Think about how much fun it
is to have something handed to you on a silver platter — nice once in a while but
unappreciated when it becomes common occurrence. This analogy applies to ex-
perience and treasure in the D & D campaign.
It requires no careful study to determine that D & D is aimed at progression
which is geared to the approach noted above. There are no monsters to challenge
the capabilities of 30th level lords, 40th level patriarchs, and so on. Now I know of
the games played at CalTech where the rules have been expanded and changed to
reflect incredibly high levels, comic book characters and spells, and so on. Okay.
Different strokes for different folks, but that is not D & D. While D & D is pretty
flexible, that sort of thing stretches it too far, and the boys out there are playing
something entirely different — perhaps their own name “Dungeons & Beavers,”
tells it best. It is reasonable to calculate that if a fair player takes part in 50 to 75
games in the course of a year he should acquire sufficient experience points to
make him about 9th to 11th level, assuming that he manages to survive all that
play. The acquisition of successively higher levels will be proportionate to enhanced
power and the number of experience points necessary to attain them, so another
year of play will by no means mean a doubling of levels but rather the addition of
perhaps two or three levels. Using this gauge, it should take four or five years to
see 20th level. As BLACKMOOR is the only campaign with a life of five years, and
GREYHAWK with a life of four is the second longest running campaign, the most
able adventurers should not yet have attained 20th level except in the two named
campaigns. To my certain knowledge no player in either BLACKMOOR or
GREYHAWK has risen above 14th level.
By requiring players to work for experience, to earn their treasure, means that
the opportunity to retain interest will remain. It will also mean that the rules will
fit the existing situation, a dragon, balrog, or whatever will be a fearsome
challenge rather than a pushover. It is still up to the Dungeonmaster to make the
campaign really interesting to his players by adding imaginative touches, through
exertion to develop background and detailed data regarding the campaign, and to
make certain that there is always something new and exciting to learn about or
acquire. It will, however, be an easier task. So if a 33rd level wizard reflects a
poorly managed campaign, a continuing mortality rate of 50% per expedition
generally reflects over-reaction and likewise a poorly managed campaign. It is
unreasonable to place three blue dragons on the first dungeon level, just as
unreasonable as it is to allow a 10th level fighter to rampage through the upper
levels of a dungeon rousting kobolds and giant rats to gain easy loot and ex-
perience. When you tighten up your refereeing be careful not to go too far the other way.

If I may interject, I'd like to refer you to the actual title of said piece: DnD is only as good as the DM, and point further to a two parter by Angry DM (which is a little bit more recent to accomodate for changes in dnd versions):part 1 (http://angrydm.com/2014/01/gaming-for-fun-part-1-eight-kinds-of-fun/) and part 2 (http://angrydm.com/2014/02/gaming-for-fun-part-2-getting-engaged/).

I personally like gaining levels. it gives me new toys to play with and new options to use my abilities. This is why I love 5th edition, sure it levels a lot faster, but opposite that, the money and loot you get is pretty much unimportant and irrelevant. Conflict resolution is almost exclusively dependant on the tools you have in your class. Besides, a faster level progression allows me to employ a much greater variety of characters. If I have to wait for 3 years to actually get a feel for the class my character uses (and I'd say that assuming running a game once a week and to get to lvl 10 to get an actual feel for the class) then with my current life situation (where I haven't had the same address for following years in the past 6). Now if you want a slower moving game, that's fine, but that is taste. The fact that Gary Gygax (who created levelling by treasure and made Elf a class and not a race) preferred that, does not make it law (nor holy writ), but taste.

And if the DM is able to give people the things that make is fun for the whole table, that is great DMing and it will make for great gaming.

that said, I find it amusing that 3.5 is the target of grognardism, where as it is usually the source of grognardism versus 4e and 5e.

as for dnd bucketlist, I'd like to go get to 20 in dnd, I'd like to play a couple of games of nWoD (preferably werewolves), and am on the cusp of playing Anima Prime RPG (and running it, finally acknowledging my initials), and run them for longer then the 1st session or 0th session that I reached for them respectively.

Also, once I finish the collected works of Lovecraft, I'd like to engage in a game of Call of Cthulhu. Just for fun.

Jordan Cat
2016-09-04, 02:24 PM
I'd like to actually fight a Dragon in a Dungeon. Seriously it feels like it never actually happens anymore. :smalltongue:

Socratov
2016-09-04, 05:03 PM
I'd like to actually fight a Dragon in a Dungeon. Seriously it feels like it never actually happens anymore. :smalltongue:

I feel like it's thought to be too conformist, like starting your party in a tavern (at least, judging from the forum signatures of a couple years back). But then again, I'm gonna start my players on Anima Prime next week, fighting their way out of a prison in a post apocalyptical setting.

Vrock_Summoner
2016-09-04, 10:58 PM
Since I'm here reading responses anyway, it occurs to me that I've never had my players fight a lot of the "classic" monsters - never had a solid run-in with orc bandits, never confronted them with antagonistic goblinoids of any kind, the only gnoll they ever met was the timid owner of a magic item shop, and they currently have a conspiracy that kobolds don't actually exist in any of my settings despite what they may hear from the locals and such because they've never ever seen any. (For the record? They're right. Clever jackals are on to me.)

But really, am I missing some sort of quota here? Is this why I haven't found spiritual enlightenment yet?

Kitten Champion
2016-09-05, 04:42 AM
Play a game of Anima: Beyond Fantasy. Now, I don't actually want to play it for its own sake as it's a weird and unintuitive system, but I coincidentally happen to have acquired the books and they've just been sitting there on the shelf collecting dust.

I'd like to play a game about comic book supervillains. Something like the Spectacular Foes of Spider-Man, with a bit of Silver-Age innocence to it rather than child-murdering rapists or anything. Treating the characters more or less as real people who for whatever reason choose to act as eccentric criminals with weird themes they're apparently set upon that regularly fight against heroes that also routinely trounce them.

I'd also like to make a game based off of Fate/Strange Fake, Ryohgo Narita's light novel/April fools joke which establishes a lesser version of the Fate's Holy Grail War in a sleepy American city. The novel works to minimize usage of much of the Fate canon as possible to create what is actually a pretty liberal RPG setting which keeps the core concept of mages and servants fighting one another intact, essentially. It'd be easy to adapt for my purposes, just need a system to use and to work out how it would be structured for my players.

With regards to D&D:

I've yet to play a Gnome, Dwarf, or Dragonborn from the core races. I'd like to just for the variety, but we've consented to limit the number of races in our settings (of which there are five, each with a different tone and general aim) for the sake of feeling less hodge-podge kitchen-sink-like and those three seem to be first on the chopping block or thereabouts. I suppose because none of them has a defender in our group.

I'd like to play a Pixie too, something truly tiny. Figuring out the mechanics of it seemed like a bother, but I think I can deal with it now.

I'd like to play a campaign where everyone is the same class - different archetypes maybe - but the same class. Partly because without the gameplay mechanical features to distinguish my PC the emphasis would be on characterization, at least in theory. Another being because it would interesting to note how we each individually approach problems using the same basic tools.

bulbaquil
2016-09-05, 06:06 PM
Addendum:

I'd like to run a game where I start the party in a tavern, precisely because it's been so overdone that nobody actually does it anymore because it's "been so overdone."

2D8HP
2016-09-06, 07:35 AM
Addendum:

I'd like to run a game where I start the party in a tavern, precisely because it's been so overdone that nobody actually does it anymore because it's "been so overdone."In the first PbP game that I ever played the DM had us all meet at crossroads just inside the city gates. So I had my PC:

Why thank you. Do you know of a good Inn, by chance?
Aye, the Wobbling Wizard is a nice, cheap inn. It has a good bar-tend and decent rooms. I stayed there on a previous run for supplies.
No, I live here. But I've stayed in inns quite a bit-they're willing to let you stay free if you do performances.

Well I'm thirsty myself! Lets go hence!

I always try to get my PC's into the Tavern at least once, after all what's the point of adventuring if you never "wet your whistle"?
:wink:

Douche
2016-09-06, 09:36 AM
One time I successfully created one of those scenarios where there is a guy & his imposter in the same room, with a person holding a gun, forced to decide which is the real & which is the imposter

I was the imposter. I also convinced the guy with the gun to kill the real one.

bulbaquil
2016-09-10, 08:53 AM
I'd like to play a character who's starring in a movie about people who play actors in spy movies.

So there's
- the player,
- the character,
- the character that my character is playing in the movie,
- the character that my character's movie character is playing, and
- the secret identity of that character.

RazorChain
2016-09-11, 01:53 AM
1) Become a god. Check
2) Destroy not only the universe but the whole multiverse, by accident. Check
3) Make a legendary character whose fame has spread to new players and other gaming groups. Check
4) Kill a god. Check
5) Go on a god killing spree just to prove a point how ridicilous epic level characters were. Check
6) Kill Elminster while a level 10 character. Check
7) Kill Khelben Blackstaff while a level 10 character. Check
8) Be Killed by Elminster, Khelben Blackstaff and the Simbul who had wished the other two alive while playing a level 10 character. Check
9) Kill a dragon singlehandedly when the party chickened out and watching the DM grind his teeth over all the 20s I rolled. Check
10) Play a poker with the Devil and fooling him to take my shadow when I lost. Check
11) Destroy the economy of Faerun and becoming the richest Paladin alive by exploiting the idiotic DnD pricing system. Check
12) Kill Elminster again while I was on a God killing spree...just because I could. Check
13) Make a DM hate me for always killing Ed Greenwood's DMPCs. Check
14) Play an adept bioroid japanese schoolgirl with a pokemon backpack and punch through people. Check
15) Make an ubermunchkin character and Roflstomp everything the GM threw at me after he killed my characters three times in a row. Check
16) Have my ubermunchkin character mind controlled to kill himself because nothing else would do and still not die. Check
17) Rename the Ectstacy spell to Orgasm spell and use it to form a addicted Valkyre bodyguard squad completely loyal to my Gurps mage. Check
18) Ruin a magic ritual and "accidentally" sex change another player character. At least she looked like a teenager wet dream. Check
19) Be killed after selling out the party for a spell that would have my teenage character wet dream love my character. Check
20) Kill Elminster again just because I could and erase him completely from existence. Check

I think this will do for now

Goals

1) Have a good time while playing and Gming
2) Kill Elminster again.

Armed of Hadar
2016-09-11, 09:53 AM
1. Create an MTG system and use it.
2. Play a Bully Pulpit game.
3. Play 13th Age.
4. Play FATE.
5. Play GURPS.
6. Play 4e epic fantasy.