PDA

View Full Version : Help me make the most badass Elf Swordsmen! PF.

BoutsofInsanity
2016-08-17, 09:14 AM
I want to make the most badass elf swordsmen. He should be dangerous, and tries to minimize his weaknesses. What feats, builds, classes etc. should I do? What items does he wear?

Assume the following:

Elven Curved Blade is the Weapon of Choice
No Magic
Prefer Str. Based
30 Pt. Buy
Must be an Elf

Pathfinder only, no 3rd Party.

CasualViking
2016-08-17, 10:14 AM
So....straight Fighter? Being married to the curve blade and no casting puts a serious limit on your options.

Do you want to demoralize or feint? because you can build some nice combos on that, but they both have limited applicability.

the_archduke
2016-08-17, 10:15 AM
Why would you want to be strength based if you are an Elf and want to use an elven curve blade. Both of those options are designed for Dex builds.

the_archduke
2016-08-17, 10:40 AM
How about a Slayer VMC Rogue.

You will get sneak attack pretty easily with intimidation + shattered defenses. 10d6 sneak attack

1 Power Attack
2 Slayer Talent: Ranger Combat Style (Menacing) Intimidating Prowess
3 Trapfinding
4 Slayer Talent: Combat Trick Killing Flourish
5 Furious Focus
6 Slayer Talent: Ranger Combat Style (Menacing) Shatter Defenses
7 Bonus Sneak Attack from VMC rogue
8 Slayer Talent: Combat Training: Weapon Focus: Elven Curve Blade
9 Cornugon Smash
10 Slayer Talent: Ranger Combat Style (Menacing) Improved Critical: Elven Curve Blade
11 Evasion
12 Slayer Talent: Advance Rogue Talent: Feat: Gruesome Slaughter
13 Critical Focus
14 Slayer Talent: Advance Rogue Talent: Hunter's Surprise
15 Uncanny Dodge
16 Slayer Talent: Advance Rogue Talent: Knock-Out Blow
17 Stunning Critical
18 Slayer Talent: Advance Rogue Talent: Assassinate
19 Improved Uncanny Dodge
20 Slayer Talent: Advance Rogue Talent: Opportunist

Str 18
Dex 14
Con 12
Int 12
Wis 12
Cha 12

BoutsofInsanity
2016-08-17, 01:27 PM
That's a pretty badass idea. I didn't consider that.

What's VMC rogue. I know all about the slayer though.

I was looking into: Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization tree to maximize the carry damage along with classes that give things like Studied Target, or Weapon Training.

But the menacing swordplay is a cool idea too.

Extra Anchovies
2016-08-18, 11:00 AM
"VMC" is short for variant multiclass, which is a subsystem introduced in Pathfinder Unchained. Do note that as an optional rule, it requires DM approval. You can find the rules on it here (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/character-advancement#TOC-Variant-Multiclassing).

As for the other things you mention, Weapon Focus and Weapon Spec are generally not all that great unless they're taken as prerequisites for other stuff - well-selected feats can provide much more to a build than a few more points of damage. Advanced Weapon and Armor Training is pretty awesome, though, because they make the Fighter good at, well, fighting.