PDA

View Full Version : The Dice is Right - Homebrew voting

ShiningStarling
2016-08-17, 11:50 AM
Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the Dice is Right, the only 3.PF homebrew voting thread with a flimsy pretense of being a game show!

Ok so, seeing a couple 'brew voting threads up, I thought it might be a good way to motivate myself to finish some projects. So without further ado...

Have a look at our fabulous prizes!
1. Crafting Overhaul!
2. Anthropomorphic Elemental races!
3. The "Classes That Should Have Been Prestige Classes" Cruise!
4. The Gish Cruise!

Vote now, and you could be a winner!

khadgar567
2016-08-17, 01:03 PM
5. why I am here?
is my choice

nikkoli
2016-08-17, 01:24 PM
I'm going to spin the wheel and hope for anthropomorphic elemental races.

ShiningStarling
2016-08-17, 02:12 PM
5. why I am here?
is my choice

Existential crises are not really the subject of the thread, but i'm taking that as a vote for classes that should have been prestige classes, as they are similarly confused.

Zaydos
2016-08-17, 04:32 PM
I roll the Grand 4-sider of Fate and Destiny (+1, +3 vs Heroes) and it comes up as...

ShiningStarling
2016-08-17, 04:51 PM
I roll the Grand 4-sider of Fate and Destiny (+1, +3 vs Heroes) and it comes up as...

Don't make me pull out my Botanical Carver (+3, +5 vs peanuts)

That's two for anthromentals, no idea how long I will leave voting open for, so get all your voting in now!

GorinichSerpant
2016-08-17, 05:19 PM
How about... a 4?

inuyasha
2016-08-17, 09:42 PM
I'd like to vote for #3! Is that going to be reminiscent of the prestige paladin, bard, and ranger?

ShiningStarling
2016-08-17, 09:58 PM
I'd like to vote for #3! Is that going to be reminiscent of the prestige paladin, bard, and ranger?

Those three will be included most certainly, along with the soulknife. Others may be included. I'm still a little unsure on where the line is between base classes and prestige classes, but I feel pretty sure that at least those 4 belong on the prestige class side of the line.

Zaydos
2016-08-17, 10:04 PM
Notably:

Bard was the first PrC in 1e where you had to jump through 3 classes to enter them.

Paladin and Ranger were base classes back in 1e but were strictly Fighter+, and Paladins (as well as Druids) were a high level option for Fighter (or in Druid case Clerics) in B/C/E/M/I.

Soulknife was a PrC in 3.0.

PapaQuackers
2016-08-17, 10:12 PM
I'll take classes that should have been prestige classes.

I honestly think the most grievous offender is the True Namer. It's obvious that garbled mess was destined to be a prestige class and it just lost its way.

Kamai
2016-08-17, 10:37 PM
I really want to see #1 happen. Gotta build all of those dice somehow.

ShiningStarling
2016-08-18, 03:25 AM
Notably:
Bard was the first PrC in 1e where you had to jump through 3 classes to enter them.
Paladin and Ranger were base classes back in 1e but were strictly Fighter+, and Paladins (as well as Druids) were a high level option for Fighter (or in Druid case Clerics) in B/C/E/M/I.
Soulknife was a PrC in 3.0.

I knew the bard and druid tidbits, but not the others. Today I learned, thank you Prof. Zaydos.

I'll take classes that should have been prestige classes.
I honestly think the most grievous offender is the True Namer. It's obvious that garbled mess was destined to be a prestige class and it just lost its way.

I believe you, as I have never heard great things about it, but I do not own the book, nor have I ever read the material. Thinking on it, all the Complete Warrior Base Classes will likely be included. Spirit Shaman from Complete Divine is tempting as well, as are Spellthief from Complete Adventurer (but not Ninja... Rogues are better ninjas already), along with... oh, basically all of the fixed list casters (though most of them are fine from a balance and flavor standpoint, so I probably won't touch them), and Duskblades (Shoulda just been Eldritch Knight Class Features...).

Votes so far:
1. Crafting - 1
2. Anthromentals - 2
3. I Can't Believe it's not Prestige - 2 (plus one from the poor lost soul)
4. Gish Fillet - 1

dragonjek
2016-08-18, 01:48 PM
I'll take what's behind Door Number 2

ShiningStarling
2016-08-23, 02:28 PM
Looks like the Elemental people take round 1, if you voted for them you can go ahead and shift your vote for round 2, I will finish up the Elementals ASAP, in their own thread, and the next roiling of voting will go for, oh a week or so I suppose, or whenever I feel like it.

Zaydos
2016-08-24, 02:36 AM
Well assuming the same options. Go forth my Grand 4-sider of Fate and Destiny (+1, +3 vs Heroes)...

DEATH...

Um... I'm going to assume it meant 4.

VoodooPaladin
2016-08-24, 02:54 AM
The first valid number I saw was 2, so I'm gonna go with that.

ShiningStarling
2016-08-24, 03:43 AM
Options are the same, but Door Number 2's prize is currently being processed, selecting that door will result in your immediate termination is not going to win you any prizes!

1 vote for the grand tour of fighting mages!

Might count the leftover votes from last round that were not for Elementals, we'll see how voting goes.

nonsi
2016-08-24, 04:43 AM
I'll go for #1, because there's never enough crafting rules.

nikkoli
2016-08-24, 02:35 PM
I'll take the gush cruise for 4 gp.

ShiningStarling
2016-08-24, 04:14 PM
Elementians (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?498430-3-5-Race-Elementians-Sugar-Spice-and-the-Fundamental-Building-Blocks-of-Reality&p=21135317#post21135317) have been created, go give them a look if you like! ^_^