PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd edition- Blood Bowl Careers Advice

Ravian
2016-08-17, 04:23 PM
I've had the idea of using the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Rules (2nd edition because I can't find the 3rd edition anywhere for a reasonable price.) to simulate Blood Bowl.

Idea is that the players would start with regular careers to represent what they did while they were still amateur players (campaign idea is a sort of underdog story "We have to win the cup to save our town!" type of story.) But would advance to blood bowl specific careers, such as blitzers, catchers, blockers, throwers and runners fairly quickly. With additional opportunity for advanced careers such as a more fellowship oriented "Pro" career, a tactically based "Team Captain" and similar concepts.

What I'm having difficulty with is what all to give these careers, especially as far as skills go. Other than Dodge blow, most Warhammer skills aren't terribly applicable for Blood Bowl as far as I can tell.

I'm also sort of wondering if there are any general tips people might have for home-brewing careers, particularly the advanced ones that tend to be all over the place as far as ability goes.