PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class The Draach'ari Champion & The Scaled Legacy. [PEACH]

Hogsy
2016-08-18, 07:31 AM
http://i.imgur.com/qsKAHZC.png

Long ago, when the Dragons ruled the world, during the Ten-Thousand Scales War a secret sect of goliaths developed a new fighting style to emulate the majesty of their draconic teachers. Mashing the Elemental Flux & Thrashing Dragon disciplines that they were taught from the Dragons, they created the Scaled Legacy. The Goliaths were the only of the lesser races to aid the Metallic & Primordial Dragons in their war. One in particular, Rhokhan, managed to defeat what seemed to be the most great Dragon of their time, Tyraenis, the Dragoness. Undefeated in every duel she had ever fought, until her last. The Discipline tries to emulate both the draconic savagery but also their protective side. Thus, the Scaled Tyrant & the Scaled Sentinel were created. Currently, due to mysterious disappearance of the dragons, there is only one Draach'ari Champion in existence, and he resides in another plane. The practitioners of the Scaled Sentinel & the Scaled Tyrant merely adopt some of the maneuvers, unable to reach their full potential due to the inability to find their draconic partner. (The names of the maneuvers are legends, myths and facts about the great Wyrms that fought in the Ten-Thousand Scales War and each maneuver tries to either emulate a signature technique that particular Dragon used or their ideology as a whole.) Draach'ari Champions are defenders of their lands, and to befriend one means to have him by yourside forever.

The Draachari Champion

http://imgur.com/6RLvDlh.png
Alignment: Any.
Hit Die: 1d12

Class Skills:
The Drachseoyl Champion's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise(Int), Intimidate(Cha), Diplomacy(Cha), Perception(Wis), Craft(Int), Knowledge(int): Arcana, Knowledge(Int): Planes, Knowledge(Int): Nobility, Spellcraft(Int).
Skill Points at each Level: 4 + Int modifier

Reborn in Scales: Your subtype changes to Dragon and you gain a Breath Weapon which deals 1d6 dmg / 2 initiator levels. If a Draachari Champion gains a breath weapon from another source, this breath weapon overwrites that one. At 4th level, you gain Wings with a fly speed equal to your land speed and average maneuverabilily and you gain the same senses as your Draconic Sibling. At 7th level, you gain its immunities, if you don't already have them.

Scaled Legacy: You gain access to the Scaled Tyrant or Scaled Sentinel Discipline. You automatically know all maneuvers from the chosen discipline whenever you meet the prerequisites for them. You may only ready maneuvers from a Scaled Discipline with maneuver readied slots gained from the Draachari Champion. You start with 2 readied maneuvers and gain 1 with each level in the Draach'ari Champion class.

Scaled Tyrant/Scaled Sentinel:

The Scaled Tyrant is a master of the elements and a deadly killer. Cold-blooded, calculating and ruthless in his methods. At 2nd level, he gains the Soul of the Dragon ability. It increases his Charisma modifier by a +2 at 2nd, 4th and 6th levels. His breath weapon deals 1d6 points of damage per level and he gains draconic invocations and breath shapes at a rate equal to that of the Dragonfire Adept, treating his ECL as his Dragonfire Adept level. Additionally, at 5th level, he may add his Charisma modifier to damage rolls with his breath weapon. At 7th level, a Scaled Tyrant gains the Frightful Presence special ability. When the enemy you are fighting is not threatened by your allies you're considered to be under Single Combat.

The Scaled Sentinel is a master of his Draconic Form, a stalwart defender of his companions. He rides into battle on top of his Draconic Sibling. At 2nd level, he gains the Heart of the Dragon ability. It increases his Constitution modifier by a +2 at 2nd, 4th and 6th levels. His breath weapon does not inflict damage to his enemies, however, it empowers his allies. At 1st level, your beath heals your allies. At 4th level, showering your allies in your breath empowers their attacks, granting them bonus elemental damage equal to the breath's damage. At 7th level, it transfers some of your draconic essence to them, granting them a bonus equal to your Beath's number of dice to AC & Saves, it also grants them your draconic immunities. Only one breath effect can be active on his allies at a time. In addition, at 2nd level, he gains a +3 bonus to Natural Armor to which he adds his Constitution modifier. Finally at 7th level, when on top of his Draconic Sibling, the effects that boost his allies' power are stronger. Use the Dragon's breath weapon to calculate the bonuses your allies receive. At 3rd, 6th & 9th level choose a new Breath shape. Each ally who is under positive effects which originated from you are considered to be a Unity modifier.

Draconic Sibling: You gain a draconic companion as a druid's companion equal to your ECL. At 10th level, its age cateogry is increased by 1. Its starting age category & any advances prior to level 10 are up to DM discretion.

Ir Jihai: You and your Draconic Sibling have reached a state of Spiritual Singularity. Once per level or during moments of extreme emotional or physical duress, you may fuse together, body and soul, to become an Ancient Wyrm Dragon of the same type. Additionally, your draconic sibling gains access to all maneuvers from the opposite path that you chose, with an amount readied equal to the amount of readied maneuvers that this class grants.

Hogsy
2016-08-18, 07:40 AM
The Scaled Legacy

[Min. Draachari Level for level 1-2 maneuvers: 2
Min. Draachari Level for level 3-4 maneuvers: 4
Min. Draachari Level for level 5-6 maneuvers: 6
Min. Draachari Level for level 7-8 manuevers: 8
Min. Draachari Level for capstone maneuver: 10]

Level 1:

(Tyrant) Chromatic Claw – Strike: Make 2 touch attacks, they deal +1d6 elemental damage per 4 initiator levels.

(Sentinel) Metalline Claw – Strike: Make 2 attacks, roll weapon dice twice before adding modifiers and ignore DR.

(Tyrant) Wrath of Denthanus - Stance: Deal +1d6 elemental damage with your attacks, this increases to +3d6 if you're fighting alone.

(Sentinel) Blessing of Jiakali - Stance: You gain a +1 morale bonus to attack rolls for each ally that is threatening or has dealt damage to the enemy you're attacking. Allies gain half of that bonus. You & Allies also gain your Initiation Modifier as a bonus on damage rolls.

Level 2:

(Tyrant) Coraxion's Cruelty – Strike: Make a single attack against each adjacent enemy. Depending on the number of adjacent enemies, this attack deals +1d6 elemental damage(Max 5). Your enemies suffer elemental vulnerability against your attacks this round and a -1 to attack rolls for each attack hit.

(Sentinel) Caiasir's Mercy – Strike: Roll a concentration check against the target's Will Save. If it is successful, the target is allured to walk towards you, provoking attacks of opportunity from your allies if he walks past their threatened squares. Once he reaches you, make 1 attack against them which deals +2d6 damage per AoO he has provoked.

(Tyrant) Neban's Claws – Boost: Roll an Intimidate Check against the Target's AC. If the check is successful your target's land speed is dropped to 5 and you deal +1d6 bleed damage. In addition, you deal +2d6 elemental damage if he's above 70% HP.

(Sentinel) Visra's Mark – Boost: Roll a Concentration check against an enemy's Will Save. You & allies under the effects of Unity gain a bonus equal to your Concentration ranks on all damage rolls against that enemy.

Level 3:

(Tyrant) Soul of the Dragon – Counter: The Tyrant gains his ranks in Intimidate as a bonus on saving throws vs one effect

(Sentinel) Heart of the Dragon – Counter: The Sentinel gains half his ranks in Concentration as a bonus to his AC vs an enemy's full attack.

(Tyrant) Darasvar's Form – Stance: You grow a Bite attack which deals 1d10+1.5x STR & 2 Claw attacks which deal 1d6+1x STR damage. These are both primary natural attacks. You may make a full-attack when you initiate a Strike, using only your Bite and your Claw attacks. This action does not benefit from haste or similar effects. When a stance you initiate tells you to make a bite attack, you do not make the additional bite attack granted by this stance.
(Sentinel) Irisvul's Breath – Stance: You may use your breath weapon as a move action, and the time it takes to refresh is reduced by 1(1d4-1). Additionally, you add the number of creatures affected by your breath as a bonus to all breath effects. Finally, you gain a bonus to Initiative checks equal to half your Initiation Modifier.

Level 4:

(Tyrant) Vaerirvi's Assault – Boost: Your attacks deal +2d6 elemental damage and all elemental damage this round is empowered(Deals +50% damage). If you're under single combat, the damage is increased to +5d6.

(Sentinel) Otnadra's Tactics – Boost: You & one ally who is under the effects of Unity can flank enemies regardless of positioning, gain a +4 bonus instead of +2 when doing so plus you gain your Initiation Modifier as a bonus to damage rolls. This bonus lasts until the start of your next turn.

(Tyrant) Sehlekir's Vengeance – Counter: Make an Intimidate check against the enemy's attack roll. If successful, the target suffers damage equal to the 1.5x the amount he dealt to you.

(Sentinel) Enelar's Protection – Counter: The Sentinel sprouts wings momentarily that cover him or an ally against an incoming physical attack. Make a concentration check against the enemy's attack roll. If successful, negate the attack. If not, decrease its damage by 50%.

Level 5:

(Tyrant) Tarvinxia's Bite – Strike: The Tyrant bites his opponent, adding his breath weapon damage as a bonus to the attack.

(Sentinel) Othna's Bite – Strike: You bite your enemy, causing no damage but immense pain. The enemy needs to roll a Fort Save(DC 17 + 1/2 Drachari Levels + Initiation Modifier) or the next attack against him by an ally is a critical threat. The target is nauseated for 1 round even on a successful save.

(Tyrant) Fedelom's Greed – Boost: When the Tyrant initiates this boost, he gains half the elemental damage he dealt as HP.

(Sentinel) Vythwiq's Scales – Boost: You gain DR/- equal to your Initiation Modifier + your Unity modifier until the beginning of your next turn.

Level 6:

(Tyrant) Drakondon's Raging Assault – Strike: You unleash a devestating flurry of attacks upon your enemy. Make 1 bite attack & 2 claw attacks. They deal an extra +2d6 elemental damage or +5d6 elemental damage if you are in single combat. Additionally, they ignore Energy resistances & deal half damage vs Energy immunities. All enemies in a 5-ft radius centered around your need to make a Reflex Save(DC 20 + 1/2 Drachari levels + Initiation Modifier) or suffer half damage. Add your breath weapon's damage to the Bite attack.

(Sentinel) Nesimna's Domain – Strike: The Sentinel sprouts wings and flies across the battleground, making 1 attack against each enemy in a 15-ft radius, stealing their life force and giving it to his allies. Each ally under the effects of Unity is healed for [Initiation Modifier x Number of Attacks]. The Sentinel is healed for half of that. The Sentinel's movement does not provoke Attacks of Opportunity. All his enemies suffer a penalty to attack & damage rolls, AC & Saves for 1 round equal to his Unity modifier. Finally, his allies do not provoke attacks of opportunity until the beginning of his next turn.

(Tyrant) Vicerax's Superior Form – Stance: You grow a Bite attack which deals 1d10+1.5x STR, 2 Claw attacks which deal 1d6+1x STR & 1 tail slap which deals 1d8+1x STR damage. The bite and claws are primary attacks whereas the tail slap is a secondary attack. You also gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls per 4 initiator levels. When you are in single command you add +3d6 elemental damage to your natural attacks. You may make a full-attack when you initiate a Strike, using only your bite, claw & slap attacks. This action does not benefit from haste or similar effects. When a stance you initiate tells you to make a bite attack, you do not make the additional bite attack granted by this stance.

(Sentinel) Zalphyria's Superior Breath – Stance: You may use your breath weapon as a swift action. You can heal your allies with your breath when other breath effects are active on them. Furthermore, when you choose to heal with your Breath, it removes a negative condition from them while curing all ability damage done to one ability score as well. The breath's refresh rate is decreased by 2(1d4-2) to a minimum of 0. You add your Unity Modifier as a bonus to breath effects, while adding it once per die to the healing breath. Finally, you gain a bonus to Initiative checks equal to your Initiation Modifier.

Level 7:

(Tyrant) The Spirit of Damira – Boost: Following the teachings of Damira, you can move as a swift action, passing through enemy squares & attacking them in the process. These movements provoke Attacks of Opportunity & your attacks deal an extra +6d6 elemental damage. While this boost is in effect, you gain the benefits of Robilar's Gambit.

(Sentinel) The Spirit of Ressan Fethos – Boost: Following the teachings of Ressan Fethos, you can move next to an ally as a swift action, giving them a bonus to their AC & Saves equal to your Initiation Modifier and attacking all enemies who are adjacent to them, granted they're within your reach.

(Tyrant) Dulshaar's Suffering – Counter: Make an Intimidate check against all attack rolls the target makes during his turn(against you). If successful, the target suffers elemental damage equal to 2x the amount he dealt to you.

(Sentinel) Ezelthar's Wisdom – Counter: When an enemy targets somebody other than you, you compel them to attack you instead. Make a concentration check against their Will Save. If successful, you may redirect all attacks the target makes to any target other than your allies(excluding you).

Level 8:

(Tyrant) The Terror of the Dragoness – Counter: When an enemy attempts to hit you, make an Intimdate Check against his Attack Roll. If you're succesful, you may initiate a Strike against him before his attack is resolved. If it is unsucessful, you may make a full attack. Attacks made this way are Empowered.

(Sentinel) Rhokhan's Glory – Counter: After you initiate this counter, you negate 1 attack against each ally affected by Unity. Furthermore, if you have initiated Nisemna's Domain during this round, you may make a retaliatory attack against each enemy that has attempted to hit an ally. If the attack
is succesful, the enemy can't make any more attacks.

(Tyrant) Ashardalon's Indignation – Strike: Make one bite attack, 2 tail attacks & 4 claw attacks. These attacks deal elemental damage and you may add your breath weapon damage to your Bite attack. They ignore all Energy resistances & immunities a target may have, plus, their dice are maximized.

(Sentinel) Aedryx's Guidance – Strike: Make a single attack against one enemy. This attack deals no damage but it makes your enemy realize where their true allegiance lies. If the attack hits, your targets views you and your allies as his allies and your enemies are his enemies. Roll a Concentration check each time your target strikes an enemy against the enemy's Will Save(adding the number of foes turned friends as a bonus to the check) to turn them against their allies as well. You can turn a maximum amount of enemies equal to your Unity modifier and it lasts for a number of rounds equal to your Initiation Modifier. Each turned enemy can be affected by your breath and aura buffs.

Level 9:

(Tyrant) Serrax Breaths – Strike: You gather your internal energies to release a devestating breath. After one round, you release an 800-ft cone which deals 2d10 damage per level + your Breath's additional effects. Those who die by this breath are sent to Bael'Serrax's domain in the Abyss.
Everyone in a 1 mile radius can hear your roar, and they need to make a Will Saving Throw (DC 23 + 1/2 Drachari Levels + Initiation Modifier) or be panicked. Your allies are automatically shaken, but your draconic sibling is immune to this effect.

(Sentinel) Kalfyra Flies – Boost: For 1 round, your wings cover you and your draconic ally, nullifying all damage and negative effects. You also emit a 5-ft radius antimagic aura which does not affect you or your sibling. During that time, you gain a number of attacks of opportunity equal to your Initiation Modifier & your Drachari levels. Your size increases to Huge, but you can occupy the same space with your Draconic Sibling for as long as this boost is active.

khadgar567
2016-08-18, 07:46 AM
okay a small opening fluff would be nice and why overwriting the breath weapon if you want the class have draconic theme let it stack with previous one

Hogsy
2016-08-18, 08:31 AM
okay a small opening fluff would be nice and why overwriting the breath weapon if you want the class have draconic theme let it stack with previous one

It's merely convenience from my part, tbh. A dragon breath from another class means you'll enter the Draach'ari Champion quite late, which is not very smart & a Dragon Breath from a racial feature would simply never be used, since the one which derives from the class would simply outshine it. I guess I could let it stack though, as no harm comes of it. Also, I've added some fluff as you requested.

khadgar567
2016-08-18, 09:07 AM
It's merely convenience from my part, tbh. A dragon breath from another class means you'll enter the Draach'ari Champion quite late, which is not very smart & a Dragon Breath from a racial feature would simply never be used, since the one which derives from the class would simply outshine it. I guess I could let it stack though, as no harm comes of it. Also, I've added some fluff as you requested.
now I can slightly help you before the fluff its looks like one of my messy homebrew attempts
personally I change reborn in scales to something like ritual of scales were you participate ritual combat to prove you are worty to learn draconic martial arts
scaled legacy looks good
I thing i rename the Scaled Tyrant/Scaled Sentinel in to single skill cuz it feels like you can choose one of the to instead of gaining both ones
draconic sibling looks odd if you ask me merge it in to ritual of scales were you gain it as master/ companion or giving different fluff were you after the ritual bond with special dragon as your soul mate
Ir Jihai I think I turn this in to summoners merge form ability allowing you and your familiar in to single being greatly enchanting your powers like gaining damage die increase to your breath weapon

Hogsy
2016-08-18, 09:21 AM
now I can slightly help you before the fluff its looks like one of my messy homebrew attempts
personally I change reborn in scales to something like ritual of scales were you participate ritual combat to prove you are worty to learn draconic martial arts
scaled legacy looks good
I thing i rename the Scaled Tyrant/Scaled Sentinel in to single skill cuz it feels like you can choose one of the to instead of gaining both ones
draconic sibling looks odd if you ask me merge it in to ritual of scales were you gain it as master/ companion or giving different fluff were you after the ritual bond with special dragon as your soul mate
Ir Jihai I think I turn this in to summoners merge form ability allowing you and your familiar in to single being greatly enchanting your powers like gaining damage die increase to your breath weapon

There is a ritual tied to the prestige class already, I did not mention all the fluff surrounding it 'cause I am too tired and thus impatient. In order to become a Draach'ari Champion, you need to find either a specific cult or a secret sect of Goliaths and prove yourself worthy to them. The final trial is to walk through a Wall of X element to get to the dragon. The dragon becomes more powerful due to your soul bond and he sheds his scales to grow new ones. You collect those scales to make your own unique armor. The Draconic Sibling is the core of the class's flavour, so it would be weird to erase it. Ir Jihai(meaning family) is meant to be your soul empowering the dragon's body, thus achieving both of your true potentials. The Scaled Tyrant/Sentinel can't be one ability because you MUST choose one of them. At level 10, your Dragon gains all maneuvers known of the mirror discipline. (e.g, if you're a sentinel the dragon is a tyrant.) It reflects your inner world and personality. The duality between you and your dragon and how as you gain levels in the class that duality ceases to exist between you as you become one. For example, the Level 9 maneuver is only usable if both the Sentinel & the Tyrant initiate their respective level 9 maneuvers. Ir Jihai works sort of like gestalt, you get the best of both worlds. Though Ritual of Scales actually sounds pretty awesome. I can imagine it in my head, a scene where you battle your dragon in a martial duel to prove that you're equal to him.

khadgar567
2016-08-18, 09:29 AM
There is a ritual tied to the prestige class already, I did not mention all the fluff surrounding it 'cause I am too tired and thus impatient. In order to become a Draach'ari Champion, you need to find either a specific cult or a secret sect of Goliaths and prove yourself worthy to them. The final trial is to walk through a Wall of X element to get to the dragon. The dragon becomes more powerful due to your soul bond and he sheds his scales to grow new ones. You collect those scales to make your own unique armor. The Draconic Sibling is the core of the class's flavour, so it would be weird to erase it. Ir Jihai(meaning family) is meant to be your soul empowering the dragon's body, thus achieving both of your true potentials. The Scaled Tyrant/Sentinel can't be one ability because you MUST choose one of them. At level 10, your Dragon gains all maneuvers known of the mirror discipline. (e.g, if you're a sentinel the dragon is a tyrant.) It reflects your inner world and personality. The duality between you and your dragon and how as you gain levels in the class that duality ceases to exist between you as you become one. For example, the Level 9 maneuver is only usable if both the Sentinel & the Tyrant initiate their respective level 9 maneuvers. Ir Jihai works sort of like gestalt, you get the best of both worlds. Though Ritual of Scales actually sounds pretty awesome.
okay then keep the fluff clear and give player the idea were you must work with annoying dragon that you adopt
currently I don't know am i get full dragon transformation get go or armor made by dragon scales by hermit in top of elysium

SedraxisXNG
2016-08-18, 09:46 AM
okay then keep the fluff clear and give player the idea were you must work with annoying dragon that you adopt
currently I don't know am i get full dragon transformation get go or armor made by dragon scales by hermit in top of elysium

You become a human with dragon scales ( think more humanoid dragonborn ) and get the dragon armor. The only way to actually become a dragon is through the capstone skill, Ir Jihai

Hogsy
2016-08-18, 09:46 AM

A player of mine would know everyone regarding this prestige class before picking it up. I posted it here from a design POV, not a fluff one. That is why I didn't bother to post fluff. I do not see how a Dragon companion would be annoying, but that's up to personal preference. At the beginning, you get an armor made of dragon scales, as you advance, you yourself grow draconic scales and later on become a full fledged dragon.

khadgar567
2016-08-18, 09:55 AM
A player of mine would know everyone regarding this prestige class before picking it up. I posted it here from a design POV, not a fluff one. That is why I didn't bother to post fluff. I do not see how a Dragon companion would be annoying, but that's up to personal preference. At the beginning, you get an armor made of dragon scales, as you advance, you yourself grow draconic scales and later on become a full fledged dragon.
then put it in the damn skill explanation how the heck i know something from your very own setting if you don't say it like hey guys here is a prc I made for my setting and here is some info about my setting so you can help me to balance it

Hogsy
2016-08-18, 10:02 AM
then put it in the damn skill explanation how the heck i know something from your very own setting if you don't say it like hey guys here is a prc I made for my setting and here is some info about my setting so you can help me to balance it

First of all, you should chill. Secondly, it is crystal clear in the ability's decription. At 1st level, your type changes to Dragon. Later on, you grow scales. At 10th level, you may fuse with your draconic companion to become an actual dragon. If I wanted commentary on the flavour & lore behind the PrC i'd post it on the Roleplaying section. As I stated in my previous comment, what I am after is advice from a design POV. Whether there is a ritual involved or not does not really matter. Your input has been welcome though.

khadgar567
2016-08-18, 10:17 AM
First of all, you should chill. Secondly, it is crystal clear in the ability's decription. At 1st level, your type changes to Dragon. Later on, you grow scales. At 10th level, you may fuse with your draconic companion to become an actual dragon. If I wanted commentary on the flavour & lore behind the PrC i'd post it on the Roleplaying section. As I stated in my previous comment, what I am after is advice from a design POV. Whether there is a ritual involved or not does not really matter. Your input has been welcome though.
I am chill just slightly raging because I don't get the classes idea from reading it then think you want P.E.A.C.H it so you can balance it that why asked opening fluff both to get idea about the class and understand WTF you want from posting here
so on first level you gain special armor made by dragon scales allowing you to use dragons breath as weapon during your adventure armor slowly fuses you and changes you in to dragon
second level you learn new martial art which requires you to have dragon companion to initiate fully as you need b both protecting and damaging sides in harmony to completely master the secrets
at fifth level you gain the companion required to initiate the other side of the discipline maneuvers
am I understand correctly or need to learn more about the class

Hogsy
2016-08-18, 03:04 PM
I am chill just slightly raging because I don't get the classes idea from reading it then think you want P.E.A.C.H it so you can balance it that why asked opening fluff both to get idea about the class and understand WTF you want from posting here
so on first level you gain special armor made by dragon scales allowing you to use dragons breath as weapon during your adventure armor slowly fuses you and changes you in to dragon
second level you learn new martial art which requires you to have dragon companion to initiate fully as you need b both protecting and damaging sides in harmony to completely master the secrets
at fifth level you gain the companion required to initiate the other side of the discipline maneuvers
am I understand correctly or need to learn more about the class

Sharing the idea is more than enough reason I reckon. The class' idea is a knight who finds a draconic companion and become soulbond with each other. By the end of the process, the knight has pretty much become a dragon. I feel the only class that fully realizes the idea of the dragon is the Dragonfire Adept and I don't feel that it's all that powerful. Creating an idea that fits that role has always been a wish of mine. Due to this being a "secret" prestige class, the Discipline has more power, although less maneuvers. At level 10, you "unlock" the whole Discipline by being able to technically use all maneuvers.

SedraxisXNG
2016-08-18, 03:16 PM
Sharing the idea is more than enough reason I reckon. The class' idea is a knight who finds a draconic companion and become soulbond with each other. By the end of the process, the knight has pretty much become a dragon. I feel the only class that fully realizes the idea of the dragon is the Dragonfire Adept and I don't feel that it's all that powerful. Creating an idea that fits that role has always been a wish of mine. Due to this being a "secret" prestige class, the Discipline has more power, although less maneuvers. At level 10, you "unlock" the whole Discipline by being able to technically use all maneuvers.

Being one of the players of the OP, and being one of the two people who will beta this class, I should note that the DM forgot to mention, the dragon and character are soulbound. If one dies, so does the other.