PDA

View Full Version : The wierd, the silly and the pointless.

Calthropstu
2016-08-18, 09:36 AM
So, not seeing a thread on this, I wanted to see what people might think of posting some of the sillier things they have come across for 3.5

Share some odd things that you have put to your GM to rule on.

For example, during a siege we had a food shortage. So I came up with the wall of bacon. Cast wall of stone, then use stone to flesh. It doesn't say what kind of flesh it is, so we made it bacon. My GM didn't like that very much because he had an entire adventure for us to go and get food.

Another oddity a friend of mine and I discussed was the succubus arena. I noticed, during an adventure featuring a succubus trying to manipulate our party that while undead are immune to level drain, succubi are not. So what would happen if two succubi...

Now demons, being demons, would totally get a kick out of watching succubi drain each other dry. But RAW, such a contest would come down to a simple initiative roll. So my friend and I came up with ways to make the initiative shift each round, and having arena feats that the succubi could take... (Some liquor may have been consumed during this thought process.)

So share some silliness involved in 3.5 here.

weckar
2016-08-18, 09:50 AM
All the hoops jumped through to get BoEF allowed at our table. Nymphology is still out though.

Âmesang
2016-08-18, 10:14 AM
Something's Cooking (https://www.schadenfreudestudios.com/dnd/modules/3e%20something%27s%20cooking.pdf)

"The calzone golem is a strange construct dreamed up by Andolyn and Gendrew and created through a delicate process that mixes alchemy and bakery in ways never before imagined by mortal beings. It looks like a doughy humanoid, and smells of cheese and tomatoes…"

BowStreetRunner
2016-08-18, 03:23 PM
Cast wall of stone, then use stone to flesh. It doesn't say what kind of flesh it is, so we made it bacon. My GM didn't like that very much because he had an entire adventure for us to go and get food.

I am fairly certain that such a wall would consist entirely of Mystery Meat (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystery_meat). Very creative way of providing food in a pinch.

Deadline
2016-08-18, 03:57 PM
For example, during a siege we had a food shortage. So I came up with the wall of bacon. Cast wall of stone, then use stone to flesh. It doesn't say what kind of flesh it is, so we made it bacon. My GM didn't like that very much because he had an entire adventure for us to go and get food.

Certainly a creative use of spells, but did your group or the siege defenders not have a 5th+ level cleric (Create Food and Water would arguably nourish more people, and is a much lower level spell)? On the flipside, mmmm, bacon. :smalltongue: I'll have to remember that one. Maybe pair it with Wall of Salt and Profession(Chef) for an NPC down the road.

As far as silly in 3.5 goes, we've bounced around from extensive (and mostly pointless) rulings for what happens when applying all sorts of combat maneuvers vs. doors thanks to a door-hating barbarian, to playing effectively AS Tucker's Kobolds. I've also got some anecdotal experience that by the time you can affordably create a Flesh Golem (minus any WBLmancy), it is no longer a useful minion or good for much of anything.

Oh, and we also once needed a ruling for how much damage a skeleton wielded as an improvised weapon would do.

Calthropstu
2016-08-18, 06:40 PM
Certainly a creative use of spells, but did your group or the siege defenders not have a 5th+ level cleric (Create Food and Water would arguably nourish more people, and is a much lower level spell)? On the flipside, mmmm, bacon. :smalltongue: I'll have to remember that one. Maybe pair it with Wall of Salt and Profession(Chef) for an NPC down the road.

As far as silly in 3.5 goes, we've bounced around from extensive (and mostly pointless) rulings for what happens when applying all sorts of combat maneuvers vs. doors thanks to a door-hating barbarian, to playing effectively AS Tucker's Kobolds. I've also got some anecdotal experience that by the time you can affordably create a Flesh Golem (minus any WBLmancy), it is no longer a useful minion or good for much of anything.

Oh, and we also once needed a ruling for how much damage a skeleton wielded as an improvised weapon would do.

Once I saw a half ogre barbarian rip a door off its hinges and carry it around. We get to the boss wizard fight and SLAM. He gets hit in the face with a door. Was completely unexpected, because the door ripping had happened 6 sessions previous.

As for wielding creatures as weapons, Minotaur... kender... stealing... let's just say, the kender did not survive his brief stint as a flail. Fun times.