PDA

View Full Version : Suicide Squad [3.P] IC

Zylas
2016-08-18, 03:47 PM
*CRACK*

Your desk lets out yet another painful creak under the weight of yet another stack of papers being dumped down from the overhead pipes.
This barely even made you blink – this has been your reality for decades if not centuries now. Day in day out. Stamping forms for 1 copper a day. Just enough forms to give your desk that perfect bend of almost, but not quite yet, the point of breaking.

And yet..

One of these forms did make you look up from your work. The top form was blue. You never get blue forms..

You have been selected for a mission by a client in Prime Material Paralle RXG-2174.
Successfully completing this mission will earn you 50.000 gold towards paying off your debt to Waukeem.

To view mission parameters, sign this form.

These appear in curly golden letters, flowing out over the paper as the blue form turns into a scroll that gets longer and longer.

[After a whole bunch of contractual information]

TL:DR:

- Return princess Dodoki, alive and unharmed, to the castle of her father, King Calido of Rototon.
- Permanently slay the dragon Jura the Inferno, and deliver its head to King Calido’s castle.
- Liberate the cities of Groblo and Ratowon from Jura the Infero’s dragonspawn. The cities still need to be inhabitable by the people of Rototon, as said people are at the moment of this writing. That also means the surrounding farmlands need to still be fertile, and that at least the majority of the buildings should be left standing.
- Slay lieutenants Verax, Dardas and Charger. Deliver their heads to General Ozo of Rototon.

- Harming innocent intelligent life on this mission is unacceptable. Killing, torturing, poisoning, magically cursing, raising or otherwise inflicting harm on innocents will result in your immediately being called back, as well as a fine of 200.000 gold. I.e. another 7828 years of accounting work.
((OOC - This is pretty much the only true permadeath this game has.))

To accept, sign here ____________, here ____________, here ____________, and here ____________.

You feel a familiar feeling – it’s been so long that you’d almost forgotten what it feels like. Static energy covers your body, and half a second later you are pulled through the very fabric of existence.

You teleport into a huge hall of light. A deep, grumbling voice echoes through the room from all sides at once.

“WELCOME, SQUAD. MEET YOUR TEAM MATES. CLAIM YOUR GEAR FROM THE CHESTS AND INTRODUCE YOURSELVES TO ONE ANOTHER. YOU WILL BE SENT TO YOUR DESTINATION IN FIFTEEN MINUTES. CLOCK STARTS COUNTING.. NOW.”

For each of you a chest appears at your feet. Your chest has all the gear in it you had on you when you died.

There are three of you. So each of you sees two other “heroes”.

Knowledge local, arcana and the planes for more information about your destination or the cultures/enemies mentioned.

Perpetr8r
2016-08-18, 04:49 PM
Gheddon had been doing this for so long he had lost track of time decades or centuries could have passed and he would have been none the wiser. He was furious with his kin, that foul fool of a father of his would one day pay for this torture.

When he noticed the blue sheet he read it over twice to be sure he could make sense of it. "So no killing innocents, well I think I can manage that." He said licking his lips. Thankfully he had been permitted to use his spells to bath himself. He signed the forms with his name and stood up. "50,000... perhaps I can earn more... time will tell" he muttered as he looked to the ceiling "I agree to go, now get me the hell out of here!"

kinem
2016-08-18, 06:31 PM
When Dirk Jester first read the blue contract, he pounded the table angrily. "What? These conditions are ridiculous! Who is Waukeem to presume to judge the Clown Prince? Stupid gods!

No harming of innocent life! No ..." He began to laugh!

"But of course! What a joke! For life is never innocent, can not be! Is it not said that we are born of sin? What toddler has never lied nor stolen? What farmer does not murder his slaves the chickens, and desecrate their corpses? Innocent life, indeed! That is a good joke, and one I must steal!"

Now eager, he signs the contract.

He finds himself in a huge hall with a booming voice and two others.

Finding a chest at his feet, the pale man with large incisors opens it and pulls out a jester's costume which he proceeds to don.

To the others he says "I am Dirk Jester the Clown Prince. I presume you are here to assist with my current quest. Who then are you?"

MesiDoomstalker
2016-08-18, 08:27 PM
Ali's eyes darted left and right, surveying the stark white room he found himself in cautiously. The voice boomed overhead and Ali skittered for a moment, instinct's long forgotten kicking in scurrying for cover. Taking a deep, shuddering breath, relishing the sheer physicality of functioning lungs. With glee, he shredded the confining clothes the deamons had forced upon him. His claws explored his lithe, tiny body, scratching ages of itches the stupid wool caused on his scales. His scales rippled with a kaleidoscope of colors, his chromataphores rippling with the newfound freedom. Eventually they settled to a molted grey, the only thing that somewhat blended in with the stark white featureless abyss.

Ali eagerly popped open the chest in front of him. He dug through till he found a small ring that looked like a dried lizard tail twinned around itself. Ali held the ring reverently for a moment before slipping it on his clawed finger. His green eyes shone a brilliant emerald, the faint sound of a thousand ancestor's rejoicing echoed. Ali quickly donned the rest of his gear, which notably lacked anything larger than his haversack which most his gear was stowed. He studied the other 2 with a faint scowl on his muzzle. When the poof with the fangs and the ridiculous outfit introduced himself, Ali spat. Do not consider us friends, fool. We are contractually obligated to the same goal, nothing more. If you must know, I am Ali'ss'Ka Tsa'reeth.

Arcana [roll0]
Local [roll1]
Planes [roll2]

Perpetr8r
2016-08-18, 09:04 PM
Gheddon looked to his new compatriots. "Indeed we are not friends, but I want those credits." He said to them his eyes scanning them both. "I am Lord Gheddon" He said finishing the introductions of the three as he moved his eyes from the two who introduced themselves as Dirk and Ali'ss'ka. "So where are we? The job said we are to save a princess this hardly looks like the spot to have one."

kinem
2016-08-19, 05:47 PM
Dirk continues to don his armor and other gear. He glances at the others, unimpressed.

"Alice Cat Teeth, I prefer the term 'jester' or 'clown'. While 'fool' works, it's a bit old-fashioned.

Lord Get-it-on? The voice said we have fifteen minutes to prepare here before we start the mission" he says. "I'll come up with a plan when I find out more."