PDA

View Full Version : Our Lovely Grim Dark World: Stars of Helios (WH40k)

colossusclub
2016-08-18, 04:40 PM
OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?497729-Our-Lovely-Grim-Dark-World-Stars-of-Helios-(WH40k)&p=21111032#post21111032)

Recruitment Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?496650-Our-Lovely-Grim-Dark-World-Stars-of-Helios-a-WH40k-RPG&p=21072475#post21072475)

Darkness, moisture in the air, the sounds of dripping liquids you hope to be water. You walk down the labyrinthine path ahead of you. A torch in the hands of the one who leads you illuminates the cramped walls of the path, you can't see much in front of you, perhaps 10 feet, but you easily make out the walls of what looks to be a crypt. Skulls, sarcophagi and gold adorning the walls. Only 3 meters between the walls, you have only seen long hallways up this point. You see your comrades around you, a very strange looking sort and many you have never seen. One such acolyte a female, 1.65m in height and also slender in build. Ruddy skin with brown hair and green eyes, slight makeup attempting to pass her skin as fair. An acquiline nose, many may see her has beautiful... most, however cannot seem to ignore the afflictions to her skin. While her face was spared... for the most part, one can clearly see the scabs and boils starting along her neck, seeming to get worse as the neck ends at her Adept robes. Weeping sores can be seen around her nose, leading from her eyes. She carries a stub revolver on her belt, a chrono on her left wrist with a book in her right hand.

Many times the hallways would end at another intersecting hallway with two possible routes, no doors separating them indicating all the same room. Every time the torch bearer would pick a way, many times left, just as many right but you've lost track of which routes you took past the 30th not permitted to write it down. You theorize it is to confuse and confound intruders, or perhaps you cannot fathom the reason for this inefficiency... truly an armed facility would due right? The torch bearer knowing the precise path, never stopping for an instant as he talks to the group... and sometimes himself quietly.

A man with a blank stare to him, rarely blinking, roughly 1.75m in height and rather slim. Fair skin and brown eyes, though his hair ghostly white(#1). He earlier introduced himself as Hack, but gave no last name. He wears prestine robes belonging to the Psykana, a compact las pistol at the left of his belt along with a green glowing knive. To his left a thin sword with a slight curve(#2).

"We will soon be there" he says with a slight monotone. "Severus is our master now, he has asked me to inform you of the main details of your service before we arrive."

He fidgets slightly cocking his head, muttering under his breath [#3] before returning to all you. "From this point on you are comrades in arms. Whatever your prejudice, your teachings, your faith. Your standing, your honours, your oaths and all. You are Inquisition now, if you falter in this order... your useless and your time ends there".

He pauses as he walks, his head snaps 2 degrees left for a second then continues."Whatever you know of the Inquisition... will be tested when you meet our master Severus. You are not scum to him, you are family... repay that trust. Treat each other as family too and you will be rewarded with more than continued life".

He breaths a bit to catch his breath, then finishes with a question. "Now is the time, what questions do you have.".

The adept says nothing, her facial expression unchanging from furrowed brows as the group walks.

#1: Make a Forbidden Knowledge(Psyker) roll at +20, if you succeed you know this to be his (Hack's) branding. If you fail, or if you lack this skill, make up anything (that isn't branding) or simply not take notice.

#2: Scholastic Knowledge(Legends)(-10), Trade(Armourer)(+10) or Common Lore (Tech) at +10. Success tells you it is a Katana from an Ancient time, success with Trade(Armoursmithing) tells you it is also of Good Craftmanship and is mono edged.

#3: Make a Perception test based on Hearing. with -10. You hear this if you succeed "Man of the cloth, heretics all.".

luca0483
2016-08-18, 07:06 PM
Wylg says nothing, but shakes his head slightly in an unspoken "negative", his helmet making a dampened shuffling noise as it slides back and forth about a cm.

The light from his electric lamp pack, hanging from his leather belt, adds slightly to the light of the torch.
Currently set to low-power, it does not do a lot for visibility, but it helps enough that Wylg feels the need to have it turned on.

LairdMaon
2016-08-18, 08:31 PM
Dakka is constantly adjusting his place within the assembled group, unashamedly peering at every visible firearm. By the book descriptions whisper out of his speakerbox almost reverentially.

[roll0]
Trade: Armourer (Int) = 32

Icilia
2016-08-18, 09:25 PM
Khan shrugs, noticably unsetteled by his current location. Too recent were the memories of the inquisition and tight dark walls. He absently plays with a thin sharp knife, its blade looking infinitly sharp.

"I guess we are now... Family. My greetings, brothers and sisters. I am Nihilus, or Khan if you would prefer."

flame12
2016-08-18, 09:39 PM
Leveling a questioning glance at dakka for his impromptu inspection of people's guns for a moment, Zane then turns to the group as a whole to speak

"Since we seems to now be family, you may call me Zane. I look forward to learning more about you, my new siblings."

LairdMaon
2016-08-18, 10:04 PM
Orthlak Mark IV on a Forearm Mount... Hmm.
Family. I suppose we can learn to work together.
Consider your tools maintained.

colossusclub
2016-08-18, 10:51 PM
The woman in adept robes looked to the others speaking. "My name is Trantia Scyvia." she says. "That is high gothic, my name in low gothic is Uriel Solhia... I'd prefer if you called me Trantia."

Simsimillia
2016-08-19, 04:37 AM
Torches, primitive, the white skinned woman thought to herself as they were led through a confusing labyrinth of corridors. Albia wore most of her gear hidden beneath her robes and hid her stonecold face deep in the shadows of her hood. Fingers, long and almost skeletal in the colour of chalk reached out beneath the dark cloth, holding a firm grip on simple looking staff that hit the stone laced floor every two steps in a rythmic tock, tock, tock.

Their guide, carrying the primitive light source, was also a psyker. A fact Albia had noticed the moment she had seen him, even without using her psychic senses. The ghostly white hair was a dead giveaway. It's colour remembered Albia about the Pale Widow. Despite it being more than ten years now, that she left the ship, she remembered the clinically clean atmosphere of filtered air and corridors illuminated by bright white lights distinctively, which stood in a stark contrast to the structure they were currently in. Everything disgusted her about this place and she wondered why this Inquisitor Severus wanted to meet his Acolytes in this of all places was beyond her.

She listened in silence as the other psyker spoke and she would've raised an eyebrow if she still had any when the man uttered words under his breath that if heard by the wrong people may get him burned at the stake. Albia herself wasn't too fond of the Ecclesiarchy, but she usually kept these thoughts to herself. To her those men and women were nothing but fools, useful fools, but fools nonetheless who only dreamt about the glory of the Holy God Emporer. She had seen Him and all his glory during her sanctioning. It had been a profound experience that had caused her to loose all her hair.

As introductions where made Albia shoved back her hood revealing her pale and shaven head with the tattoos running across it before dissappearing into the depths of her robe. "Albia Xanthis", she simply said her voice clear and cold like a winter morning on Valhalla. The thought of being 'family' to some of these people was appaling to her. None of them looked too impressive to her, but then again she knew people were not to be underestimated just based on their looks. They had all be selected to serve the Inquisition after all.

Mekboy
2016-08-19, 07:41 AM
Smiling, Cell spread her arms theatrically.

"Well it is a truly pleasure to make the acquaintance of you all, dear brothers and sisters. You can call me Cell."

It was a show of course. This was bad. She was in way over her head. Some of them looked okay, but there was something wrong with that cogboy, and Miss Bald-Tattooed-and-Creepy was almost certainly a fracking brainjob.

LairdMaon
2016-08-19, 08:35 AM
"...Even their designations sound flesh, heh... wait!.. designation!..I neglected to tell them mine!.. by the forges of Lathe..."

"...zzzzzz...Dakka...is my designation at this time...zzzzzz..."

"At least I can't blush!"

Meanwhile, the glow-orbs running down Dakka's body are flickering independently, almost as if he were nervous...

luca0483
2016-08-19, 08:48 AM
As Dakka comes near Wylg, he turns his head towards him, his almost completely white eyes standing out due to the electric light from his lamp shining up at his face.
Wylg looks at Dakka for a few second, then speaks up,

I am Wylg. Sorry necoasi*, uhm Dakka, but for what with maintenance, these rrociene* has not seen the touch of the blessed oil in over two terran years. You can have a look-see once we get a moments rest, maybe try to save their spirits. I do not have much to offer in return.

Some of the words he uses are clearly not low-gothic like the rest of his speech, making it hard to gather exactly what he is referring to, specially so as a closer look at his main weapon (a combat shotgun of an uncommon pattern, "holstered" to his backpack with cloth straps) reveals no signs of wear that usually comes with operation without maintenance.

LairdMaon
2016-08-19, 09:04 AM
The whirling lights on Dakka's back calm down to a low glow at the words of Wylg.

"If we are to be family, as our guide has put forth, then such maintenance comes at no cost. I will be happy to look over your weapon at your earliest convenience, brother."

Space Lawyer
2016-08-19, 03:19 PM
The brooding arbitrator snaps out of his reverie. It looked like introductions were in order. He adopts the speech patterns of the common man, to better fit in. Now wasn't the time for the florid stylings of High Gothic. "The full name is Investigator-Arbitrator Novus Kal. You can just call me Novus, or Arbitrator Kal if that is too familiar for you. Might as well tell you now, yes, I'm from that Clan Kal. No, I don't know any of the real movers and shakers."

Iron Warlord
2016-08-19, 03:29 PM
Alaric looks around at his companions, examining them as he would a crime scene. He filed away his observations to be perused later. Now was the time to gather facts, the time for analysis would come later. Once they all started introducing themselves he filed away names attached to faces and began the initial process of compiling mental dossiers on all of them. At first he was unsure of whether he should be treating his new compatriots like they were merely data but then he heard the man leading the group, Hack, Psyker, represents the Inquisitor, mentioning that they were all family, and he was perfectly fine with it now. Family can be dangerous, need every tool I can get.

Finally Alaric decided it would be an appropriate time for him to introduce himself to the rest of the group. "I am Alaric LeRitier." he said as he ran a hand through his silvery white hair.

His hair had grown long and stringy over the past few months and he immediately began to contemplate getting a haircut, all the while continuing to compile information on the others.

luca0483
2016-08-19, 04:34 PM
Wylg gets a smile on his face
"I hail from clan Nel'lonus, that is what my face-markings mean. Personally never heard of clan Kal.
Hope you don't mind, but you do not look like a member of a clan, unless it means something else than it does where i come from"

Now that he speaks a little more relaxed, you can hear that Wylg speaks with a very slight tribal accent.

Space Lawyer
2016-08-19, 05:40 PM
"I think it means roughly the same thing, with the exception of my clan having something like five thousand members, all vying to be the next patriarch or matriarch, and being spread out across a dozen worlds. Less face-tattoos though, and more silks and fancy parties. No less hostile and violent though, I can assure you."

luca0483
2016-08-19, 06:30 PM
"Novus was it? No, from what i hear you say, your clan is something very different from mine on at least a one point. Where i come from, leading is an delegated duty, not a sought privilege. None wanted to be responsible for everybody's safety when the fog came"
Wylg makes some kind of movement with his eyes, but the lack of difference between his sclera, iris and pupil, make it hard to make out details. As it comes to a halt, and you can focus, the slightly darker shade in the middle tells that he is once again looking at Novus.

"I suppose that feuds is the consequence of power, and power the consequence of scale. Before leaving home i would never have thought my clan of about 900 people to be small, but only now that i have traveled the sector do i finally understand the context in which we rightfully can be called tiny"

Mekboy
2016-08-19, 07:40 PM
Eugh. Not just an arbiter, a rich kid too. Probably had never gone hungry a day in his life. Still, was always good to have a friend who might well have a little bit of spare jingle lying around... Cell kept up the friendly smile.

"How'd someone like you end up as an arbites then, huh? Seems a bit below you types."

Space Lawyer
2016-08-19, 08:37 PM
Novus chuckles a bit at that. He'd been answering the same sort of question for a good while now. "I didn't feel like being the classic useless noble. I've seen enough of my cousins placed in positions that they had no right to be in. Their incompetence does not serve the glory of the Emperor, nor his empire. My cousin Amalax was placed in command a guard regiment, which he promptly got mowed down in their first engagement. Another one, Trohof, lost the seed money for a likely profitable venture to his own stupidity and vices. I, on the other hand, will enforce the laws given to us to ensure that we may survive one more day. This is my duty. It may be a sense of noblesse oblige, or pure hubris, but I cannot expect to anyone's respect without giving them a good reason to respect me. Nobility may be a starting point, but it can never be the end point."

LairdMaon
2016-08-19, 09:11 PM
"Merit-based reasoning. That is Magos-quality thought processing. I approve in the name of the Omnissiah. May your pistol never fail you."

flame12
2016-08-19, 09:25 PM
Zane nods. While he has never encountered such a large clan before, he knows the empire is a big place.

"Well said. To lead should be a privilege, gifted only to the emperors most worthy. Your dedication to his rules shows great promise, and I am eager to see you continue down this path. It is an honor to work along side such dedication."

Mekboy
2016-08-19, 09:53 PM
"Good ta see you ain't the usual noble-born sort. Ain't afraid to get your hands dirty. I can appreciate that."

Icilia
2016-08-19, 10:17 PM
Khan chuckles.

"You would be surprised to see exactly how many nobles get their hands dirty, so to speak. Do not think them above any of you. The bleed and die just as quickly. In the end, status means little."

Switching briefly to high gothic, Khan locks eyes with the arbiter.

May you never know the fall of your bloodline, nor the corruption that exists deep within."

Returning to low Gothic, and look back towards those leading the group, Khan asks:

"So how much further to the Inquisitor? I would prefer to meet him and be under way. I must admit, I am a lit nervous down here. Recent experinces have not boded well for me."

LairdMaon
2016-08-19, 11:26 PM
"I will admit to both great curiosity and great trepidation relating to meeting our new master.

luca0483
2016-08-20, 02:11 AM
"Thank you Zane. My clan's size was a point of pride for sure, largest on the isle-lands, multiple strongholds and hamlets. Would have been a stable society of its own on any other planet"

"For the meeting, i mostly look forward to have something prideful to do again. Hasn't had a proper job in a little time"

Space Lawyer
2016-08-20, 06:48 AM
Novus gives a warm smile at the responses. His pholosophy on leadership seemed to be finding a bit more welcoming home here. He had always heard that those found in the service of the Holy Inquisition, their righteousness and zeal in fulfilling their divinely ordained mission notwithstanding, could be a bit odd. "Nice to know someone thinks I'm not half-mad." He is a bit surprised to hear High Gothic, with a lilt of Malfi accent if he wasn't mistaken. "And may your blade a bullet always find their home in the enemies of humanity." he replies in kind.

When the discussion changes to the inquisitor, he says, "I think we're all experiencing that, Dakka, though I didn't think you either could or were allowed to! If even half the stories about the kind of person we're going to meet are true, we're about to meet one of the most dangerous and brilliant individuals in the galaxy."

luca0483
2016-08-20, 08:18 AM
"All beings have feelings, be they humans or monsters. It is just a question about how hard it is to make them realise it"

LairdMaon
2016-08-20, 09:07 AM
"There is no real consensus on emotions within the Mechanicum. Many do choose to remove the emotion centers of their brains to better focus on their craft.
I am not one of those. I prefer the thrill of emotion. Of feeling."

This is all said in a completely even tone.

flame12
2016-08-20, 12:17 PM
Zane mulls over what he heard, wondering if his next statement will offend anyone before pressing on anyways. No gain without risk the thought floats through his head as he speaks up

"Forgive my ignorance Dakka, but I was not aware your kind were allowed to retain their emotions. It is... comforting to hear I was misinformed."

LairdMaon
2016-08-20, 01:08 PM
"Allowed? Yes. It isa fact that many who do keep them rewire their own emotions to experience things like joy from activities those not of the Martian Brotherhood would consider tedious. I personally consider it to the extremes of excess when some begin to derive more...zzzzz... intimate pleasures from oiling joints...zzzzz... but they do not fall under my judgment."

colossusclub
2016-08-20, 08:03 PM
Hack paid little notice to the conversations as the group journeyed forward, though Hack did hear their questioning of the arrival time. "We will be there shortly".

And shortly they were, with a final left they continued down the longest corridor yet. Eventually coming to a large sealed door made of reinforced rockcrete. Not the most secure door, then again, did it even need to be? It looks more like giant slabs attached to a wall and didn't match the crypt they were in, something that would bring any self respecting grave keeper great anger.

"Mind you manners... and do not panic" Hack said as he knocked in code, then proceeded to open the slabs of rockcrete. The doors open up to a rather spacious room, in a normal crypt this would be where one buries a powerful or well respected individual but none were in sight. The walls were made of dirt but had shelving adorning them, not a single skull ornament in sight. A book shelf containing numerous articles, some perhaps heretical, in alphabetical order.

Two individuals are seen as the group enters, and the "doors" close behind them. To the right end of the room nearest the bookshelf is that of a women reading a book. She appeared to be sitting on some kind of bag, filled to the brim with what looks like soft foam or pellets... it reminds you of beans in a bag... strange. She wasn't sitting but also wasn't laying on it, her bare feet on the bag as she sat crouched, reading a book and looking very relaxed as she did so. She wore a light green dress that looked very regal and beautiful, coming down to just past her ankles hiding where her legs meet her feet.

One could mistake her for a care free noble; if it wasn't for her pink skin, small ram like horns protruding from her head and tail wrapped around her waste like a belt. This is a daemon of all things and so blatantly carefree in the groups presence.

The second individual... it is clear who he is. Hack gives a bow bearing the sign of the Aquila with his hands. The man, looking at the group, simply nods his head closing his eyes. Hack returns to the door and leaves the room, the doors closing behind him as he leaves. The man wears a dark hood over his armour, one could tell he wore armor due to the girth under the cloak. He wore no mask but cloth wrapped around his neck like a scarf hid everything below his eyes, even most of his nose. His robe was mostly black with some gold trimming. The Inquisitional "I" splayed no where on him, this looked like the clothes of an assassin about to do his job; with some liberties, not that of an Inquisitor... except, for the Rosette over his right torso.

His weapons, and equipment hidden, he speaks.

"I am Inquisitor Severus of his Emperors Inquisitio. I have gathered you here to become my acolytes and to perform duties for the good of the Imperium. A noble cause that may end in your death; for numerous reasons, but you have no choice in this manner." he says in a voice devoid in emotion. "A thankless duty that comes with it's own perks I assure you. You will perform your duty or you will die...". Severus pauses as he grabs a nearby chair and sits at the desk between them. He motions to a grouping of stacked chairs in the corner and motions for you all to sit down. Once all are seated, he continues "... and that is the part of the speech I enjoy the least." his voice now with a hint of emotion to it. "Inquisitors are to reign in their charges like cattle, show them their place and drive home the point that there is no tolerance for failure... but there will be failure and there will be resentment. It is a common occurrence within the Inquisition, no one permitted to be honest even among their own. I don't like it, and I am not like other Inquisitors... which is why I didn't procure the services of incompetent, inexperienced, welps... I procured the services of you all."

Severus looks among those gathered, for the first time since you entered his chambers, his watery blue eyes showed signs of scars... he has seen things no one should. His porcelain skin scarred and the small strands of ginger colored hair a mess.

"I cannot afford you aid for this mission, other Inquisitors can afford it... I chose to use my reach to find talented, strong and cunning individuals. Those who know how the Imperium actually works, those who can truly understand and those who can think on the fly... who understands what it takes to make the Imperium save from those who aim to dismantle it." his voice, filling with emotion as if prepared as a speech. "And when you prove your self's to me... perhaps one day, I will share with you our greatest threat... but not today. For now know that my fate is hanging on your success... I will give to you all I can, I am a dealer in shadows, not the open. Even long range communications equipment is impossible for me to grant right now... even this crypt, is on loan to me and took considerable effort to acquire for this one meeting, we will not be here again. Your mission will be covered in full by Hack, know that he will be your supervisor but he has his own work to complete... if you require his assistance too many times, he will fail his mission... remember that, when you ask for his assistance on your mission. The short of it is, the Imperium has reclaimed a lost sector. It has been cut off from the Imperium for millennia and has been working to begin controlling what it can. A rogue trader has been given the right to venture into this sector; building colonies, trading with humans... and xenos, and otherwise documenting and selling data to the Imperium when it can. You will be boarding this ship; undercover, to ensure they are doing their job and to ensure other heresies are not on their ship. If you can inform them of the heresies so they can deal with them, than feel free... but do it discreetly, the less they interact with you the more probable your success. No one on that ship will know of you, they do not expect the Inquisition to board at any point in their mission... you will not have the might of the Inquisition to save you. If you understand, then leave the room and join with Hack. If you have questions, now is your time to ask."

He watches the party, expectingly.

Icilia
2016-08-20, 08:43 PM
Khan follows Hack in and quickly appraises the two individuals. Knowing nothing of the warp, Xenos or other, he simply assumes the woman's strange features are within imperial acceptance. She is with an inquisitor after all. His eyes linger over her, for she was attractive.

Switching to look at the inquisitor, Khan smilied. Such efforts to hide his features; this was a man Khan respects. Khan performs a fluid bow, years of noble upbring coming back to him, before moving to the chairs and collecting two, one of which he offers to a fellow acolyte.

Once all are seated, he quielty listens to the inquisitors speech and pauses when asked if there were questions.

"A simple question I assume, but one I must ask. What are we to achieve in this new sector? Are we there only to make sure this rogue trader stays in line, or is there a greater mission? I am fine with you not telling us the greater plan, but even pawns must know they need to protect the king."

luca0483
2016-08-21, 04:20 AM
Wylg takes off his helmet as he enters the chamber, nearly stumbling over his own feet at the sight of the two figures in the room. He stops and stares back and forth between the man and the demon.

A series of emotions come over his face, flashing by with only a couple of seconds each:
Confusion, Relief, Happiness, Realisation, Confusion, Horror, then Relief.
As he realises the scene he quickly bows, eyes closed, before taking a chair and sitting.

-------

"If i had been expecting anything else than you, my leige and, according to Hack, new farther(?), if i had not opened myself to that as we came in, i would have reached for the shotgun and release-triggers as soon as i laid my eyes upon 'it', maybe even run"

He motions behind him at the woman on the bean-bag

"When carrying out our task, of keeping the captain on track, shall we use the normal laws of the imperium as our standard, or an altered version, allowing 'such' things?"

Mekboy
2016-08-21, 11:14 AM
Cell's eyes went wide and her hand went to the sawn-off at her hip. Throne! Was that a mutie or worse? As the Inquisitor began to talk, her eyes darted between him and the... woman? She didn't consider herself particularly devout, but this was something else entirely.

flame12
2016-08-21, 06:01 PM
As Zane enters the room he notices the woman for a moment, then focuses his attention on the inquisitior as he takes a seat.

Shocked by the honesty hemail is hearing, Zane begins going over what the grand plan of such a person might be, coming up with several scenarios that would require such a group and liking none of them. He stares silently, lost in his thoughts.

LairdMaon
2016-08-21, 10:29 PM
Dakka stops short when his optics come to rest on the very obvious deamon.

He shudders once and stops moving.

Slowly, the light producing orbs on his back begin to glow.
Slowly, they increase to maximum glow, fully lighting up his immediate vicinity.

"Yes."

Abruptly, the glows shut off entirely.

"No."

The glows flicker quickly into patterns.

"...zzzzz..."

No pattern repeats.

"...zzzzz..."

The patterns settled into a dim glow as they flash by so fast that they cannot be disfigured from one solid glow.
Motion returns to Dakka.

"Maybe.

Please, forgive me. I am ready to serve the Inquisition as you see fit, Inquisitor Severus. I have updated my perception of reality to accommodate your associate and her presence within you retinue."

colossusclub
2016-08-22, 01:40 AM
Trantia looks to all those who look at the Daemon, shaking her head at Khan with a smile. She gives a disapproving stare to Wilg and Cell, they were in the right but that doesn't mean she likes it. She looks to Zane being silent, and Dakka being... Dakka... mild curiosity crosses her face before returning her gaze to the Inquisitor.

The Daemonnette rolls her eyes at Wilg and Dakka's words. She closes the book she was reading and tosses it into a pile behind her pulling out another from a small pile. 15 books at least, such excessive reading.

The Inquisitor's eyes lay upon Khan. "For now, your mission is to find heresies aboard his ship. It may be his crew, or perhaps the citizens aboard his ship, or even bilge scum... perhaps there will be nothing. We simply need to know that he is acting in accordance with Imperial law." Sevarus then looks to his left for a moment. "I have forgotten a very important detail. If the Rogue trader, or his crew, are acting against the Imperium you are not to interfere... you will report what you find and we will take it from there. Perhaps their heresy will help the Imperium. Regular citizens and lower however you should report to local Enforcers among the ship... if they cannot help, then deal with it yourselfs but once again, be discrete. The sector will come later, the Rogue traders ship will actually be your transport to the sector and your next mission".

Severus than turns to Wilg "You may do what you must for the Imperium, just don't get caught." He than turns to the rest of the group, noticing their earlier glances. "She is a Daemon... have no concerns, she is under control... she won't be coming with you on your mission".

The Daemonnete looks up from her book, furrows her brows, than hides her face behind the book.

luca0483
2016-08-22, 05:11 AM
Wylg (not Wilg) holds his helmet over his chest after sitting down.

Upon hearing the Inquisitor's response, Wylg seems a bit puzzled
"Sir, i must not have stated my question clearly enough. I know how far to go myself, but what should we consider a heresy for the captain? Many of us should be dead, or worse, under perfect enforcement of normal imperial law, but aren't. Should we give him or the crew the same leniency when reporting to you, or taking discreet action?"

Icilia
2016-08-22, 07:48 AM
Khan is taken aback by his companions attitude to the woman. Upon learning that the woman is a Daemon, Khan pauses, tilts his head momentarily before asking the Inquisitor "May I approach her? I must admit I am curious about the woman. I've never been in a situation where I could talk to a Daemon, let alone even knowing they existed. And judging from my companions expressions, they most likely never knew they'd ever meet a Daemon."

Internally, Khan wondered why he was being so bold. Perhaps it was his recent time being imprisoned, or his unending belief in the Inquisitor who saved his life, or simply that he cared so little about his own life. He had no fear of this woman, being cowed by the inquisitor. Either she was no threat, which he doubted, or the inquisitor was so much more than any of the acolytes could ever imagine. So Khan figured, now was the time to be curious.

Space Lawyer
2016-08-22, 09:03 AM
Novus keeps his hand resting on the butt of his shotgun. Every instinct screamed at him to simply start firing until the daemon and those who had summoned her had been graced with the Emperor's mercy. This was heresy, plain and simple. Those who consorted with demons were to be put to death, without hesitation. He affixes the inquisotr's image in his mind. Now was not the time, but in the years to come, Novus would bring the force of law upon him.

"No man is beyond the law. I have met many who thought themselves as such, and all were eventually brought low."

Mekboy
2016-08-22, 11:07 AM
Cell's fingers kept twitching over the sawnoff. Inquisitors were above question, yes but consorting with the dark powers? She'd killed more than a few cultist in her time with the Tunnelrats, and she knew where this led. But it was a way out, and possible damnation was probably better than certain death. She managed a wry smile at the Arbiter's comment to mask her fear.

"Oh, I can certainly attest to that much. Inquisitor, may I ask if there are limits to what we may be allowed to do to deal with any... opposing forces? Any methods, or tools that we might consider off-limits?"

Admittedly this was mainly for her own advancement. Most people would not stoop to stealing from corpses, but in her experience the dead held few grudges. And a pretty throne or two could be made if you knew who to sell too...

flame12
2016-08-22, 08:49 PM
Daemon. So that's what her kind are called. Zane takes a long look at the creature, studying her carefully. He ponders his own experience with unnatural elements, and decides that her background doesn't matter. Turning his head back to the group, he speaks up.
"I must agree that knowing what level of exception we are to give to the captain and his crew is of utmost importance before we begin."

colossusclub
2016-08-22, 09:06 PM
Severus once again eyes Wylg, his eyes turn towards Khan, Novus, Zane and Cell as well.

"Allowing the summoning of Daemons, permitting the Xenos on his ship, permitting the defacement of our most Holy Emporer, hiding cargo from official imperial tithe collectors, allowing the heretic and heretek to perform their heresies without confinement or execution..." he begins, than turning to Dakka. "... anything that violates the tenants of the Cult Mechanicus or other tech heresy..." than to the others once again. "Allowing known rogue Psykers to roam free on his ship, hiding rogue Psykers from the Black Ships, hiding the existence of known mutants, hiding the existence of known Xenos, hiding the existence of Daemons or other warp phenomena... to name a few. Anything I permit you to do, which is anything in the name of the Emporer, I permit under the holy right of the Inquisition. Only we are talented and trained enough to handle otherwise heretical practices... the common man is not, which is why it is heresy. For the matter of your identities, those of you have are "dead"... this ship you will be embarking on will not be collecting identification, I as of yet do not know how they get away with this legally but my guess would be something written within their warrant of trade permitting it. They will ask about your skills and abilities though, it is how they sort you amongst their crew. The ship itself is run like a city, in fact it's the size of one, everyone has a job but it holds recreational facilities, even stores, for it's crew... or "citizens" as the Rogue Trader likes to call it. Please realize however, you are not reporting to the Rogue Trader, or his immediate allies... not unless you were good enough that they would want to. If you suspect heresy from them, from anyone, you report it to me."

Trantia rolls her eyes when Khan asks about the Daemon, the Inquisitor gives him a raised brow. "You are the first man, I have ever seen, to want to approach a Daemon. That said, you are free to interact with her like any other human. She too is among your family now.."

The Daemonette flinched a bit at the mention of her, she lowered her book so her eyes were upon Khan... she blushed slightly.

"She's shy..." the Inquisitor said bluntly, his gaze than on Novus... his eyes furrowed but not with annoyance. "In time, you will learn what we face... you will learn that our very survival has not been achieved through following all of the doctrines of the Imperial Creed".

His gaze now on Cell. "Nothing that would destroy the inner walls of the ship of course, and nothing that would land you in their holding cell... or worse, their air lock. Follow their laws for the most part, I hear they make it very easy to understand regardless of your spoken language.".

flame12
2016-08-22, 10:46 PM
Zane speaks up, his voice cautious and quiet as he speaks. "I have a question regarding said tech. If we encounter any devices that violate Imperium standards, are we to turn them over locally, or are we to confiscate and evaluate such items ourselves?"

LairdMaon
2016-08-22, 10:53 PM
"I would think that personal confiscation of heretekal devices and materials would best serve our Holy cause. It takes the device out of the hands of those who might fail to use such things correctly and better equips us to carry the fight to those who would harms us all."

Simsimillia
2016-08-23, 03:21 AM
When Albia saw the Deamon, sitting casually in the room and reading a book, she stopped for a moment and her pale fingers grip around the simple staff she carried tightened. A short moment she considered attacking, then remembered that this creature was most likely a "guest" of her new master. She had heard of Inquisitors who employed...unorthodox means, so Severus was one of them.

Her initial fear and shock dissappeared and made room for curiosity. She wouldn't go so far as to approach the Deamonette and calling her "family" was going to be stretch. But she watched her curiously. She didn't know enough about the Deamons of the Immaterium to tell which exact ruinous power the Deamonette belonged to. Despite her origin and the strange features Albia noticed that the horned woman possessed an alluring beauty. She also had never heard of a deamon so focused on reading and Albia wondered if it was the act of gathering knowledge or the written words itself that draw the warp creature towards the books.

Despite having her eyes on the deamonette, Albia also payed enough attention to gather the gist of their mission.

"So our task is to infiltrate the Rogue Trader under false pretense and gather information about heresies aboard. We are to act from the shadows, stay out of trouble and only spring into action when absolutely required, while keeping our affiliation to the Holy Ordos a secret."

Albia summarized and formulated it as a statement, not a question.

Icilia
2016-08-23, 07:31 AM
For the most part, Khan switched to ignoring his fellow acolytes. He wasn't foolish enough to ignore the inquisitor, but the Daemon was taking Khan's attention now. He was fascinated, the way a man would be fascinated with a lion or tiger, or something equally dangerous.

Khan approached the woman, cautious of her. He causally glanced at the spines of the books, trying to gain an understanding of what she was reading [#1]. Reaching her, Khan meet the woman's eyes, saying "Greetings Madame. How are you? What are you reading, and if I may be so forward, your name? I must admit to never having meet someone so... Exotic as you. My companions here appear to be blatantly afraid of you, or perhaps open hostility seems to be closer, but not me. I'm curious. I've seen the depths of despair the Imperium can hand out, and so if I'm to serve an inquisitor, knowing those who cause fear to other men is advantage at the moment." He ended his last comment with a smirk, glancing behind him to the other acolytes.

luca0483
2016-08-23, 07:32 AM
"...We are to act from the shadows, stay out of trouble and only spring into action when absolutely required..."

Wylg looks from Albia to the Serverus

"I am relieved to hear that. I have all my things with me, and i stocked up on rations before coming here, so i am ready to set off"

Wylg puts his helmet back on, and checks the straps on his backpack out of habit.

Space Lawyer
2016-08-23, 02:07 PM
Novus stays silent, jaw clenched, with a pounding headache growing in his skull. Sverus had dared to call that damn thing family. His behavior had crossed the line from eccentric and possibly tolerable for one in his position to unforgivable.

"Are we done here then, Inquisitor?" Novus growls.

colossusclub
2016-08-23, 02:31 PM
Severus turns to Zane and Dakka "You will only hand it over to the authorities aboard that ship if you know there is no heresy within their crew... or if not doing so will be detrimental to the mission. However, they may suspect you of heresy just by handing it over, or perhaps think you were sent by someone else... either the Arbites, or perhaps, the Inquisition. I would prefer you bring such devices to me, as I will have the authority to bring it to the proper authorities without suspicion of heresy. So Dakka has the right idea, though not all of the details. Which is understandable, not even I have all the answers... just the connections to get them." he gives an ever so slight smirk to this (#1).

He turns to Albia and nods "Yes, though do try to act like proper citizens on their ship... their enforcers are notorious for suspecting heretics, they have a rather respectable system for such things." #2.

Severus nods to Wylg, "Very good, we as of yet do not know how affordable their food is".

Severus turns to Novus, no malice in his voice... "You were ordered to meet with Hack if you had no more questions, Arbitrator.". If Novus would leave than and there, Severus would also say "I don't like being direct like that, don't make me do it again.". He did not like being direct, but Novus was showing signs that Severus needed to fix... he did not want to use one of the alternatives, despite them being what he was good at.

The Daemonette locks eyes with Khan as he approaches, her blush getting redder. As he talks however, she realizes what his actual interest is and the blush recedes."I'm... fine" she says. "It's called, Quam ad domare Daemon" (#3). She listens to Khans words and begins to smile a bit. "Your very nice, thank you."

Trantia stares at the two of them, which is obvious to the entire party, except Khan of course... unless... he notices. (#4)

#1 If you see it, basic (challenging +0) Perception test based on sight.

#2 Scrutiny test at +20, if you succeed you can tell he actually respects the systems they use.

#3 Speak Language High Gothic test (Challenging +0) for Khan (everyone else roll Perception based on Hearing to hear this first success means continue onwards), success tells you she is reading a book called "How to tame a Deamon"... and that it is smut and HIGHLY Heretical... mostly because it's about Deamons in a non negative light.

#4 Perception based on sight, for Khan... his back is kind of turned to the party.

luca0483
2016-08-23, 03:54 PM
Wylg stands up, and makes a quick salute towards Severus

"High Lord, moercklesse(1), see you on the other side of the galaxy. It certainly was an experience meeting you. Come Novus, we don't want to leave Hack waiting"

With a quick pat on Novus shoulder, Wylg walks away for the doors, opens them and goes out into the hallway

(1): roll Forbidden Lore(demonology)-10 to understand what Wylg said.

With the pronounciation of broken text-to-speech, Wylg called her (the daemon) a female lesser being of darkness

Mekboy
2016-08-23, 05:09 PM
Cell dropped into a short bow before towards the Inquisitor, before following Wylg out. The sooner she was away from that thing the better. "Thank you for your trust, Lord Inquisitor. I will not fail you."

Space Lawyer
2016-08-23, 07:04 PM
Novus makes the sign of the aquila, and departs behind Wylg and Cell.

Icilia
2016-08-23, 11:13 PM
Khan stands patiently listening the Daemon. When she names the book, Khan struggles to interpret the name.

"And you are exquisite to look upon. My apologises. My High Gothic is not as good as it used to be. How my teachers would scold me if they saw me now. 'How to' is about all I caught of it. Although for you to be reading it must infer that your grasp of High Gothic is light-years ahead of mine. Alas, it appears that I will not have the chance to be graced by your presence for much longer, as I must leave now. It was an honour to meet someone as exotic as you. I do hope to have the honour again sometime."

Khan ends this with a short flourish of a bow, laying a kiss on the Daemon's hand as if he were merely at a noble ball talking to a fine lady. Whilst he does not lose eye contact with the Daemon through this motion, he does keep his ears open to see if he can hear any noticeable reaction from anyone else. After this, he turns to the inquisitor, bows deeply with a quick statement of "Ever your servant, my lord," before departing the room.

If any of the other characters make a statement about Khan's actions, he will simply reply with "The inquisitor seemed to be fine to be in her presence. Who are we to question him? If he wanted her gone, he would do so, and I very much doubt there is little we could do to her either." Khan makes a point of referring to "her" instead of Daemon.

LairdMaon
2016-08-23, 11:18 PM
With enthusiasm palpable even to the most inattentive slab of ceramite, Dakka bows low to Inquisitor Severus.

"May all your efforts end in unequalled success, and may we, your loyal tools be instrumental in those successes. The cult of the Machine is at your side through this unit."

With that, Dakka bows to the daemon.

"I give you my thanks, entity-who-should-not-be. You have opened my mind."

Dakka turns and proceeds to meet with Hack.

flame12
2016-08-24, 12:33 AM
Zane raises an eyebrow at Khans actions, before shaking his head as he smiles. He nods to the inquisitor and follows the others out of the room.

Simsimillia
2016-08-24, 07:16 PM
Albia lingered a bit longer to see how the exchange between the deamon and the human would play out and was even slightly amused when she caught the title of the book. Her knowledge of High Gothic was...in need of improvement, but she understood enough that the deamon was reading about deamons. How curious. It was a fascinating creature and not at all how Albia had imagined an inhabitant of the Immaterium.

Finally, she nodded towards the Inquisitor and the deamon as well and then pulled back on her hood and followed the others out of the room.

colossusclub
2016-08-25, 01:49 PM
Trantia makes a bow to the Inquisitor, her entire torso coming down to her waste and leaves the room before Khan.

The Daemonette turns to Wylg, is taken aback for a second but than nods as they leave. She turns back to Khan and blushs as he kisses her hand, giving him a slight smile as he walks out of the room with almost everyone else.

Severus makes a nod to everyone as they depart, except for Alaric who is still within Severus' chambers. Severus turns to Alaric and speaks, out of the ear shot of the rest of the group "Any questions, Alaric?"

When Khan makes his way out of the room, and the door is closed, Trantia looks to Khan and whispers "She devours the souls of those she sleeps with, fair warning" walking away from him almost immediately, secluding herself from the group... she seemed to be an introvert, for those who know what that is.

luca0483
2016-08-25, 04:14 PM
After the doors are closed, as Trantia walks away, Wylg smirks

"She has devoured a lot more souls than that"

He gets a thoughtful look on his face, with a hint of a smile lingering from the quick smirk

"Still, she seemed behaved, and was extremely humanoid for a daemon, which must speak volumes about how well she is being conjured or bound. Our new father in law might just have the best mental strength and finesse we will ever see. Of all the dark-beasts and -beings i have ever encountered, i have never seen anything like it. Weird for a black sheep to stand out in a family of shadows and darkness"

He then reaches with his hand to lift up the edge of the helmet, looking around to see if he could spot Hack in the hallway, waving and walking up to him as he does.

Icilia
2016-08-26, 04:45 AM
Khan stops briefly as Trantia speaks to him, and shrugs at her statement. As far as he was concerned, he was dead already, at this life is simply extra. To Wylg he responds with "I know very little of Daemons. And I'm fairly sure that she is going to be the most charming and friendly one we shall ever meet." With that, he follows after Wylg.

LairdMaon
2016-08-27, 09:29 AM
Dakka looks up as Wylg joins the rest of the cell.

"Brother Wylg, may I examine your firearm? I'd like to see how I might improve it for you."

luca0483
2016-08-27, 10:00 AM
"Certainly. Which one?"

Only Wylg's trusty combat-shotgun is visible on his person until he reaches into his vest and pulls out an Auto-pistol.

"Both mechanisms are quite simple, they don't even have any electrics for the spirits to rest in"

He checks the safety, pulls the magazine out of the Auto-pistol and makes sure there isn't a round in the chamber. There is not.

"Not that this has made any difference. This little slug-slinger has never failed on me"

Wylg hands over whichever weapon Dakka asks for.

LairdMaon
2016-08-27, 10:20 AM
The Autopistol blatantly grabs Dakka's attention. Taking it from the hands of Wylg, he says: "Have you put any thought into installing this weapon in a cybernetic arm replacement? I might be able to configure it so that you can load ammunition into it through that palm of your hand. Additional upgrades would be that much easier to apply to it as well."

The weapon easily comes apart in the experienced hands of Dakka. It recieves a full field strip and cleaning before reassembly.

Dakka hands it back to Wylg.

luca0483
2016-08-27, 10:29 AM
Wylg stares a bit at Dakka before taking back the firearm
"No"

colossusclub
2016-08-27, 04:26 PM
Hack notices Wylg wave and reciprocates the hand gesture. Once Alaric joined the group a few minutes later, Hack motioned for everyone to follow as they talked. Walking back the same route they took, the party noticed something. A large assortment of gunshot fire far into the crypt, it ended shortly afterwards. With every path the group did not take in the crossing hallways, a large assortment of men and women would begin walking ahead of them, their size growing as more and more groups sprang form the hallways that the group did not take. Heavily armoured, heavily armed, all with helmets that hid their faces.

"Each hallway is a dead end, with only one true path. At each end, a regiment of enforcers. They wait, in bunkers with supplies... if we had gone the wrong way at any moment, they would have shot us on sight... only the true Inquisitor would make the right choices, and his companions. This makes intrusion almost impossible, even for one pretending to the the Inquisitor. Once gun shots are fired, all groups move to where their hallway connects to the path and perform lock down, killing all non enforcers on sight. The group closest to the Inquistor than moves down the correct path, collecting each group as they make their way to the entrance. In this way, even if the Intruders make it past a few guard posts, they will eventually run into a ball. Once the enforcers come to a post with no guards, or dead guards, that is when they split forces to check each hallways dead end. They do this, killing all they see, until the entrance is cleared. The Inquisitor follows after them shortly after, though he will not as he are here." Hack says monotone.

Once the group makes it to the entrance, they see a few dead intruders. Their equipment taken by the enforcers, who sign the Aquila to Hack and the group. "Their life is bound to this tomb, them seeing your faces will be alright, even if they were spies they cannot leave this tomb.". The enforcers drag the bodies down the closest dead end, the rest disperse back towards the Inquisitors way.

Once all the Enforcers are gone, Hack continues "This crypt will be sealed once we, and the Inquisitor, leave. It will be sealed for one hundred years, to ensure that no one can learn of the layout of this place. In one hundred years, it will be reopened and a new Inquisitor will use it for a single meeting. This will continue, until the day this crypt is destroyed. That is why Severus had difficulty in acquiring it's use, many other Inquisitors wanted this place but Severus got it in the end."

Mekboy
2016-08-27, 07:09 PM
Feeling a little giddy with the relief of being away from the daemon girl, Cell raised an eyebrow and grinned.

"Seems a little over the top, y'know. What's wrong with the good old abandoned warehouse? Still though, quite the treat for a bunch of juve misfits such as ourselves. Real special. Must have high expectations for us."

Space Lawyer
2016-08-27, 08:00 PM
Novus follows along quietly, deep in thought. He looks up at the gunfire though. "I agree with Cell. Seems purely wasteful. If this place is to be sealed though, lets not waste time here. We have a ship to get to."

luca0483
2016-08-28, 12:21 AM
Wylg makes a backwards gesture to where the corpses were being dragged away

"Consider that there already was intruders, in this very limited time we were here. Consider the implications of just a single person seeing 'her' and escaping with their life. This arrangement might be properly paranoid, but that does not mean that it isn't necessary. Using such a valuable resource just to meet us in person, the man clearly sees something in us that we do not"

colossusclub
2016-08-28, 09:17 PM
The Entire Party

You leave the crypt, though still underground. Hack speaks "Your mission will last for 3 months, there is no quota for how much heresy you find. We don't know if there will even be any. Simply deal with it if you can, unless it involves the Rogue Trader and his closest allies... in that case, you will Severus. At the end I will find you all and we will depart the ship on a planet.". You walk in the underground for what seems to be hours, eventually reaching a slope going upwards. "The Imperium has retaken a new sector of space and will be working to bring the sector back into the Imperial control. Many planets will probably be retaken with force but that isn't our concern. We will simply find heresy on any planets we investigate. Many planets will probably be committing heresy without knowing it... it has been a millennia since we lost the sector, much will be distorted with time. This means that our enemies may not even be enemies by choice, they may be committing their acts thinking it is alright, or belief that this is the way the Imperium wants it. No matter the cause, we will eliminate it. Other Inquisitors are being sent, all finding their own ways... but we don't know more than that. Although there is one, who is a direct enemy of Severus, hopefully you won't be meeting him any time soon.". At the top, you see the outside of a hive city. The same as any, though the highest point is the space port where your ship awaits.

This city, ripe with all manners of legitimate business, has everything you could need. You are handed 200 thrones by Hack, and Hack instructs you "If you have any last minute purchases, now is the time to make them."

The group makes there way to the ship, stopping at stores along the way that could have supplies they require. This journey will take 3 hours, please refer to the OOC thread.

Mekboy
2016-08-28, 11:08 PM
Cell's eye lit up at the mention of money.

"Oh, so we get a little clink to start with. Ex-qui-site! There are certainly a few items that I would like to acquire, if we have a little jingle spare."

Being the city animal that she was, Cell quite cheerfully flitted among the shops for the items she needed.

luca0483
2016-08-29, 08:41 AM
Wylg takes the geld, but raises an eyebrow at it.

"And here i was thinking we were going to do this out of the goodness of our hearts"

Pleasantly surprised, he starts walking off towards the city.

"Now where did i see that back-alley surplus store? If i am going on a void-ship, i will need a new rebreather that fits my helmet"

flame12
2016-08-30, 09:50 AM
Uncertain of what he needs for such a trip, Zane silently takes the money and looks around at the others. For a moment he is lost, but then he decides to just pick a direction and walk until he sees something that looks useful. After a few moments, he comes to a shop with a curios sign, and enters.

LairdMaon
2016-08-30, 11:39 AM
Dakka accepts the thrones and makes his way to the departure threshold. Once there he locates a power receptacle and plugs in. There he waits, entertained by the prospect of things to come.

Icilia
2016-08-30, 11:19 PM
Khan accepts the Thrones and pockets them. He wanders off towards the spaceport, waiting for departure.

luca0483
2016-08-31, 03:41 PM
Wylg comes up the ramp to the place where Khan and Dakka is waiting. Wylg takes notice of the cord connecting Dakka to the wall, but doesn't say anything about it. With a a faint smile, he simply looks at the two with his big white eyes, and greets them as he reaches them.

"By the tower's rumble, you two came early. Good to see i was not alone to meet well"

Space Lawyer
2016-08-31, 09:12 PM
Novus approaches the assembled group waiting for departure, the bag of gelt a pleasant weight in his pocket. "There isn't that much that needs buying around here. Myself, I've got everything I need already - some armor to keep me whole, a good gun to put wholes in others, and some cuffs to drag them in if they survive."

Simsimillia
2016-09-01, 03:16 AM
Albia had to agree with the blue haired girl. If just considering their little group, this level of security seemed excessive. Taking into consideration the Inquisitors companion however it seemed perfectly reasonable. She wondered however if a place like this was truly that useful. When so many powerful figures had been trying to use it as Hack said, then it had to draw attention. Cell was right in that an abandoned warehouse maybe wasn't more secure, but certainly less suspicious.

The idea of getting soon back aboard a space vessel, lifted Albia's mood a bit. She didn't like being planetside all that much, although at least this was a hive and not some wilderness. She didn't need the money they were handed, but appreciated it. Perhaps she could get a lighter armour, not that she'd know where to get it and she wasn't the best with people. Perhaps one of her fellow Acolytes could help. She followed Cell who seemed like she knew her way around this place.

"Cell, I may require your assistance in aquiring a lighter set of armour. Would you help me?"

It was worth a try and they were supposed to be family now, so why not take advantage of that.

Icilia
2016-09-01, 05:27 AM
To those at the spaceport, Khan shrugs and says "I'm usually prepared before hand. Helps when you're a paid killer. Or at least one for your family. But that doesn't really matter now. I work with you all now. Glad to see you have made it here in time. So, since we have sometime to get to know one another, what are all of your talents? Me, I'm a decent marksman."

luca0483
2016-09-01, 08:14 AM
"Family's killer, eh? I'm from the same type of boat, just in a different kind of navy. I was in my village's perimiter guard, hunter squad. Whenever the fog or bog spit out some kind of horrifying beast, we would be the ones to go out and kill it, or chase it back where it came from"
"Have you ever seen a pack of Khymerae flee? I don't know what shook me more the first time i saw it, the unnatural horror of the beasts, or the horrible nature of the shaman who could bind them to our realm"

Wylg stares down at the ground, and chews on some imaginary thing for a moment.

"Short answer: I am a marksman too"

He takes his backpack off and rummages around until he finds a bag full of dried larvae.

"I havent had anything to eat since breakfast, and though it doesn't taste great, ration grubs will fill you right up. Do you want one, or would you rather get some proper lunch when we get inside?"

Wylg starts nibbling on half of a larva himself. It doesn't look appetizing.

Mekboy
2016-09-01, 10:13 AM
Throne! The freakshow made Cell nervous enough, but then again if they were working together she'd have to get used to it.

"'course. Can't promise much, but we'll see what we can find, hmm?"

Starting towards a promising looking stall, she tried to think of a conversation topic.

"So yer a spacer, right? Must be odd staying dirtside for this long. Been on a fair few transports back with the Tunnelrats, always takes a while to get used to the feeling of mud beneath yer boots again."

Simsimillia
2016-09-01, 04:34 PM
Albia nodded and followed the hiver, nodding in answer to the young woman's question and taking a while to realize that she was supposed to elaborate a bit more.

"Yes...I call the Void between the stars my home. Being on a planet...just lacks something, like the constant background humming of the engines. You hail from a hive I assume?"

Mekboy
2016-09-01, 04:54 PM
"Yep. Pretty little place called Valenhive - all the smog you can breathe and all the scum you'd ever want to meet, hah. Still, home's home. Can't say I'm too comfortable with the open sky above my head."

Simsimillia
2016-09-01, 05:16 PM
"Yes, it is...an uneasy feeling. I don't know of your hive, but I assume it is like many others in the Imperium. Hives aren't so bad, when you're deep enough inside them, they are like planet bound void vessels. Only dirtier and smellier and more crowded."

Albia was surprised, that she had at least a little bit in common with the other woman.

Mekboy
2016-09-01, 05:40 PM
Cell grinned. "Yeah, the crowds are certainly difficult to forget. This place feels half empty - makes yer think somethings gonna go down."

She paused and took a nervous breath. Might as well get this out of the way.

"We're meant to be a family now, right? So... let's be blunt here. You a brainjob? Knew one in the guard. Twitchy bastard. Always muttering to himself. You seem a little more collected, but you sure as hell don't look like the fighting type. And you don't look like any kinda scholar I've ever seen."

Simsimillia
2016-09-01, 07:32 PM
"I prefer the term Psyker", Albia countered cold.

"And I don't feel the need to vocalize any random thought that crosses my mind, but I know of what kind of individuals you speak. All Psykers you'll hopefully ever meet have been Sanctioned on Holy Terra itself. It changes you, physically and mentally and it affects everyone differently. To answer your question, I can hold my own in a fire fight and shall the situation call upon it aid you with my...special abilities."

Mekboy
2016-09-01, 08:06 PM
Frak. Frak frak frak! Working alongside brainjobs. At least in guard there was a Commissar standing by ready to put a bullet in their brain should something go wrong. But here they had no protection should the stories she'd heard come true.

And by the looks of things, she'd pissed this one off. Cell raised her hands in surrender.

"Sorry, sorry! My apologies. Not really used to working with you types."

Space Lawyer
2016-09-01, 08:54 PM
"Not a bad shot myself. Of course, I don't have to be dead on with this." Novus says, patting the large, ornate shotgun slung on his side. He then gestures to shield across his back. "General idea is that I get set up behind my shield, a dozen others do the same, then we take down whatever scum are getting out of hand."

LairdMaon
2016-09-02, 12:48 AM
Dakka brightens up ever so slightly.

"I'll handle any tech we come upon. And feel free to duck behind the glory of my blessed steel should we find ourselves in a combat. By the grace of the Omnessiah I am equipped to withstand a beating."

luca0483
2016-09-02, 02:33 AM
Wylg looks at the shotgun Novus presents

"Yeah, you can't go wrong with a rrocie. Have you got burst-fire on that thing? It has saved my skin on more than one occasion"

He gestures towards his own shotgun, attached to his backpack

colossusclub
2016-09-03, 04:15 PM
The Party who left for the Space Port immediately: You have noticed in your time at the port that a massive ship was docted, it's size taking up all available space stopping all other ships from landing. No enforcers wen't near it, so to your best guess this ship was allowed to be here.

The massive entry doors allowed for dozens upon dozens of workers, walking out with equipment and walking back in with nothing, only to once again walk out with more equipment. After careful study from the length of time they continued, it looks as if they were setting up lines for entry into the ship using rope and stands (like real life movie theatres). At this moment however it is hard to say what the final purpose of this is. Any ideas you may have are purely theories given the information you have.

"That is the rogue traders ship, the one we will be boarding for three months." Hack said to those present, and will repeat to those who show up later. He looked puzzled as to what the lines were for though, and a look of worry soon crossed his face.

Though many were gathering in the port at this time, some looking puzzled and others furious. You hear many complaining to dock workers regarding why only this ship is permitted to dock, many argued that they expected a delivery and that this will cost them more thrones, others welling ethics... all met silence or confusion from the dock workers, and all eventually silenced by hive Enforcers who came after some fights broke out.

In the gathering you all notice a few individuals as well. A man with a Mining Helot Augment followed closely by a Tech Priest. A nobleman looking very smug and sure of himself. A Sister of Battle trying to talk to others who all simply run from her... she doesn't pursue however, just looking confused. A man with a trench coat, two swords, and a smile... a never ending smile. Four cloaked figures staying together, usually just in a corner somewhere, you haven't had the chance to get a good look at them however. You notice that a group of Enforcers went over to them, one points at them. The second tallest of the cloaked figures make a motion, than the Enforcers simply walk away annoyed.

And finally, a man wearing simple clothes, no weapons or Armour and looks like a poor man. He simply smiles, talking to others of their journey, usually being rebuked. At a single moment an Enforcer looked at him in shock, the man made a motion and the enforcer than walked away quickly.

flame12
2016-09-03, 04:43 PM
Zane spends much of the time browsing, however after much searching doesn't find anything he particularly feels the need to buy. After much searching, he notices he time and heads for the space port, arriving a mere 15 minutes before the agreed upon time.

LairdMaon
2016-09-03, 05:37 PM
A tech-priest and it's... pet? bodyguard? No...

Dakka unplugs from the power source he was linked to. Time to go meet his kind.

Approaching the tech-priest, Dakka greets it as an equal. Hello, I am called No. 5, supplicant to the Omnissiah, specializing in all sacred Small Arms. By what designation shall I refer to you, brother?"

colossusclub
2016-09-03, 06:09 PM
Dakka: The tech priest looks at Dakka and takes note of his metal snake tail. "I am designation 5259-11-2439, Demesne of Forge World Gallus-7" in a highly robotic sounding voice. It points to the other man it follows. "This is scum #2845423459, designation Helot Miner #121116. He is under my direct supervision, granted to me by Magos Frag, Fragington Shanks Mongrel. Weird name I know."

The scum known as 2 billion something rolls his eyes as '5259' makes it's, sounding rehearsed, speech. From the amount of information it gave from a simply question, this Tech Priest is perhaps showing... pride?

LairdMaon
2016-09-03, 11:05 PM
"It is an honor to make you acquaintance, 5259-11-2439. Logic seems to dictate that you have some rank aboard this vessel."

Dakka, er... No. 5 circles around the scum, giving him a solid once-over. "Interesting work on this subject. Did you install these upgrades yourself?"

luca0483
2016-09-04, 06:40 AM
Wylg doesn't like the look of some of these people, quietly voicing his displeasure.

"Throne and throned, the last thing we needed; The keeper's entourage, AND the ship's choir here at the same time. Just as misfortune would have it"

Icilia
2016-09-04, 06:47 AM
Khan nods at Wylg's assessment. "I couldn't agree more Wylg. However, this may be a useful time to get a little more information on our... Fair leaders. I'll take the sister. She seems confused, and frankly, the noble ass looks more like the type I'm used to killing, not chatting with."

Khan strides off towards the sister of battle.

"Excuse me Ma'am, you seem a little lost. What happens to be the problem?"

luca0483
2016-09-05, 10:10 AM
Wylg watches as Khan walks over. A techie talking with another techie hopefully wouldn't raise any awareness, but a randomner walking over to talk with the Adepta everybody else have run away from, that could make a scene.

He quietly mutters a quick prayer under his breath.

"Ave, Imperator, we who are dead salute you"

Wylg keeps an eye out for trouble, both from the woman Khan is talking to, and from anybody who are heading in their direction.

colossusclub
2016-09-06, 02:19 PM
"It is an honor to make you acquaintance, 5259-11-2439. Logic seems to dictate that you have some rank aboard this vessel."

Dakka, er... No. 5 circles around the scum, giving him a solid once-over. "Interesting work on this subject. Did you install these upgrades yourself?"

The Demense Tech Priest's green mechanical eyes glow bright for a moment, processing information perhaps? "Negative, this one and the scum are boarding to make landing elsewhere. To spread the word of the Omnisiah... the scum will be mining for resources I require." The tech priest looks down for a moment at Dakka's second question. Looking back up he says "Negative, I have not been granted the rights to such knowledge yet."

Khan nods at Wylg's assessment. "I couldn't agree more Wylg. However, this may be a useful time to get a little more information on our... Fair leaders. I'll take the sister. She seems confused, and frankly, the noble ass looks more like the type I'm used to killing, not chatting with."

Khan strides off towards the sister of battle.

"Excuse me Ma'am, you seem a little lost. What happens to be the problem?"

The Sister looks to Khan with a smile. "Oh Hello! Yes I've run into a bit of a problem I'm afraid. I was to meet my unit here at 16:00 hours and board our ship to leave but... our ship is nowhere in sight... and neither is my unit." she says, looking at the rogue traders ship with confusion. She seems like a bit of an air head, which would be weird for Sororitas... if Khan knew anything about Sororitas.

Space Lawyer
2016-09-06, 04:24 PM
Novus sticks close to the group of enforcers. They were fellow lawkeepers, of a sort. Ingratiating himself with them would likely make his time on the ship much easier, both in discovering any traitorous activity and simply enjoying his time there. He had heard tales of the sorts of things that happened on the underdecks of a Rogue Trader's ship, and had no desire to spend more time below than he had to.

Simsimillia
2016-09-06, 08:02 PM
The poor looking man was not a Psyker, that much Albia could gather using her senses. She got nothing from the hooded group. Which either meant they were Untouchables, a rather frightening thought or stronger Psykers than her, capable of masking their presence from her or blocking it out. Most likely the ships Astropath Choir. What where they doing outside of their chamber and on the grounds was beyond the pale woman.

She considered walking over to them and trying to talk to them. Maybe they would be more receptive to one of their own kind. But instead she caught attention to how one of her fellow Acolytes approached a Sister of Battle.

Albia's relationship to the Adepta Sororitas was a difficult one. On the one hand, she had grown up on the Widow a troop transport for the Adepta, but she was also a Psyker, a being the more zealous (so pretty much all) Battlesisters would burn on sight. Still she couldn't help but feel a certain connection to the appearently lost sister. So Albia approached the other woman carefully, catching the end of her reply and from what she could gather, the woman seemed strange for Battlesister.

"Greetings, Sister. May I know your name and Order? I'm Albia, I grew up on a vessel in service as a transport for the Sisters of the Thorned Hearts."

LairdMaon
2016-09-06, 09:46 PM
Dakka allows his glow-globes to brighten. "So we shall be travelling together for a period! Praise be unto His most high designs! Perhaps we might commune later to discuss the glory found in the workings of a macrobattery? You are welcome to bring along Mining Helot #121116 should it please you. He might see beauties we may miss. We can read from the local holy scriptures while we are there!"

colossusclub
2016-09-07, 02:11 AM
Novus sticks close to the group of enforcers. They were fellow lawkeepers, of a sort. Ingratiating himself with them would likely make his time on the ship much easier, both in discovering any traitorous activity and simply enjoying his time there. He had heard tales of the sorts of things that happened on the underdecks of a Rogue Trader's ship, and had no desire to spend more time below than he had to.

When Novus made his presence known to the Enforcers they are quick to make the sign of the Acquilla. After a while with the Enforcers, Novus learns that they are planetary enforcers only, sent to keep the peace due to a "scheduling conflict"... one of the enforcers actually air quotes that, indicating to Novus that something was up with the Rogue Traders ship. These Enforcers have no affiliation with the Rogue Traders ship, Novus learns however that the ship itself has Enforcers and they will be working with the planetary enforcers when they begin accepting crew mates, they also give Novus what little information they know about the rogue traders ship. One including it's name, "The Harmondus"

-The Rogue Trader's ship is named "The Harmondus"
-The Rogue Trader's ship has their own Enforcers.
-The line system will be used to assign new crew to their jobs and that everyone boarding will be made crew. How it will work however is still unknown.

The poor looking man was not a Psyker, that much Albia could gather using her senses. She got nothing from the hooded group. Which either meant they were Untouchables, a rather frightening thought or stronger Psykers than her, capable of masking their presence from her or blocking it out. Most likely the ships Astropath Choir. What where they doing outside of their chamber and on the grounds was beyond the pale woman.

She considered walking over to them and trying to talk to them. Maybe they would be more receptive to one of their own kind. But instead she caught attention to how one of her fellow Acolytes approached a Sister of Battle.

Albia's relationship to the Adepta Sororitas was a difficult one. On the one hand, she had grown up on the Widow a troop transport for the Adepta, but she was also a Psyker, a being the more zealous (so pretty much all) Battlesisters would burn on sight. Still she couldn't help but feel a certain connection to the appearently lost sister. So Albia approached the other woman carefully, catching the end of her reply and from what she could gather, the woman seemed strange for Battlesister.

"Greetings, Sister. May I know your name and Order? I'm Albia, I grew up on a vessel in service as a transport for the Sisters of the Thorned Hearts."

The Battle Sister looked over at Albia, a little taken aback that now two people were coming up to talk to her. "Oh, I'm sorry but I don't think I'm allowed to say the name of my Order, or my name. Oh, my nick name should be fine, the sisters call me Dice." Dice shifts her head a bit. "That order sounds painful... I haven't heard of it though, thousands of orders out there right?"

Dakka allows his glow-globes to brighten. "So we shall be travelling together for a period! Praise be unto His most high designs! Perhaps we might commune later to discuss the glory found in the workings of a macrobattery? You are welcome to bring along Mining Helot #121116 should it please you. He might see beauties we may miss. We can read from the local holy scriptures while we are there!"

The tech priest's eyes glowed a dark blue for a moment, then back to green as he spoke. "That would be marvelous, though allow me to correct you. I would be bringing the scum because it doesn't leave my sight. Also I refuse to call it by it's official title, the fact this criminal even gets technology infuriates me." The priests eyes glow red for a second, than fades to a lavender after awhile.

The scum smiles and leans over to Dakka whispering "He's jealous of what I know."

The priest screeches with bright glowing red eyes "Silence scum!". The scum complies, winking at Dakka.

flame12
2016-09-07, 02:36 PM
As Zane approaches he looks for the others, and sees them scattered into other groups. Deciding to go with someone he feels he understands, he heads over to Dakka just in time to catch the last statement. He raises an eyebrow at the other tech priest but lowers it a moment later.

Not sure if he should speak up and draw attention to himself, Zane can't help but try to gleam some information about those who handle technology when given the chance.
"It seems I may be interrupting something important, but what's this I here about holy scriptures? "

LairdMaon
2016-09-07, 06:26 PM
Dakka turns to regard Zane.

"Are you seeking the divine guidance of the machine god? Converts are always welcome! The holy scriptures I reference are the Manuals of Instruction for these mighty machines!"

Grandiose and exuberant are the gestures of Dakka as he goes on to begin humming a song of joy and happiness!

flame12
2016-09-08, 02:44 AM
Zane smiles ever so slightly at the enthusiasm shown by Dakka.

Perhaps. While I might never reach the devotion displayed by yourselves- Zane gestures to the mechanical appendages of the three present I think I might enjoy hearing more about the Omnissaih and his teachings.

LairdMaon
2016-09-08, 09:10 AM
"Your interest is well received! On this voyage I promise to teach you much of our religion. Your thirst for knowledge is a blessing we cannot afford to deny in this age."

Dakka looks Zane over.

"You are a man of the military, yes? You have been molded into a soldier. Perhaps in time you may fight for Knowledge. This would be a great thing."

colossusclub
2016-09-10, 06:50 PM
Entire Party

In only a few short hours the space port is packed. Thousands crammed into the small port, planetary enforcers now surrounding the horde and ensuring order remains outside of the mass. Your brothers and sisters stand next to you, all ready for the trials you will face together. Those you have met and seen now out of sight, lost in the swath of people. You remember their final words before their departure.

"Perhaps this lander will take me to my order, perhaps we will see each other on the ship. Take care!" said the Sister 'Dice' before leaving to gather more information.

"I am required elsewhere for now, if it is necessary the omnisiah will have us meet again." buzzed the tech priest '5259'. His Helot Minor scum followed closely, a little saddened that no one seemed to care about him.

You haven't seen them since, and you doubt you will anytime soon.

A podium has been set up between the crowd and the lander. This podium has speakers and microphones set up for all to hear and hundreds of heavily armed enforcers. Many bearing the uniforms of the planet, you've seen them as you walked the hive city. Others however had a new uniform.

Heavily armored black coats, helmet visors that hid their faces and equipped with a differing variety of shields, pistols and automatic rifles. And an extremely small few... no weapons or armor, just an unarmoured black coat with bright orange porcelain masks, the eye holes are too dark to see through. You have only seen [roll0], each one in a seperate group of non planetary enforcers ranging from 6 to 10, who walked the crowds.

The podium has a group of people, officials for the Rogue Traders ship... but not him or his retinue.

They seem to be getting ready to make speeches.

I will make more later, I need to read Rogue Trader so I know what a rogue traders crew is made up of.

Icilia
2016-09-12, 12:38 AM
Parting ways with the sister, Khan wanders off to the podium.

luca0483
2016-09-12, 02:05 AM
Wylg joins up with Khan.

"Did you get anything usefull out of talking with the woman? Looked a bit cloudheaded to me"

Icilia
2016-09-12, 10:46 AM
"She was waiting for a shuttle at 1600 hours. She's also missing her unit, and her name is Dice. That's all we got in the few seconds of conversation before she had to leave. Chuck that in with the fact she seems surprised that people are willing to talk to her, and that amounts to a whole heap of... Not much." Khan chuckles briefly to himself, before turning to Wylg, "See anything of interest yourself?"

colossusclub
2016-09-12, 06:20 PM
As Wylg and Khan begin their discussion Trantia silently walks up behind them quickly making her presence known by first checking her Chrono and than saying with a slight eye brow raise "16:00 you said? It's 19:00 now... do Adeptus Sororitas usually leave those of their order behind?".

colossusclub
2016-09-12, 06:45 PM
The Entire Party

With order secured in the port, 3 stand at the podium. The first is a rather serious and intense looking man with a clip board, black hair and glasses wearing an uniform. The second is obviously a Priest of Mars, full with special machinery and sporting a drill poking out of his side. The third and final is a women eith long blond hair, wearing prestine blue robes and sporting quite a bit of make-up, quite a beautiful woman indeed.

The first walks up to the podium and clears his throat, the microphone rather loud and drowning out the sounds of the space port. "I am the First Officer of the Rogue Trader, I will be in charge of much of your lifes for the remainder of your stay in our... city". He does not look pleased as he says this, and continues "If you follow our rules, you will be fine. If you do not, you go out the air lock... do not endager the ship or your superiors and follow your orders... citizens" he finishes, looking unpleased and quite a bit angry as he steps off the podium and walks back to the lander.

The second walks up to the podium. "Enginseer Prime... respect the machinery or die." he walks away after this. The third walks up and smiles sweetly as she speaks "Please do pardon the Enginseer Prime, he's not a people person. I am the High Factotum and I am responsible for supplies, ship morale and ensuring that our cities economy is profitable and working. If you ever have any problems, do please inform your lovely officers, clerics, sisters, priests, arbiters, enforcers..." and she continues, listing every single rank and file on the ship. When she finishes she says "... and I do hope you enjoy yourselfs in our loving city!" she finishes, clasping her hands together and laying her head on them as she tilts her head, smiling and closing her eyes. She than steps down and walks to the lander with the Enginseer Prime.

colossusclub
2016-09-12, 07:38 PM
Once the speeches were over, multiple crew members quickly tore down the podium and returned to the lander. The swarm of people were now allowed to come a little closer to the lander, only to be stopped by another large host of enforcers (both planetary and non) and velvet rope with stanchions, enough to form 12 lines. In each line is 12 'stops'; were one can see a seated person, and 2 enforcers (one on either side of the seated person). At each stop there is also an opening in the velvet rope stanchions to allow for moving into nearby lines. These will make for massive lines, easily holding 100 people per line as they make their journey to the ship.

By the time you all get to here, many have already begun lining up in the lines and all are already full save for a few spots. At the front of each line is a sign that shows a list of vocations with the words "If you can fulfill one of these duties, line up here."

From left to right, the vocations list as follows:

Jack of no Trades Stand here if you do not qualify for any other lines.
Crew Maintenance Stock rooms, Water treatment, Reclamation services, Food services.
Navigations and Sensors Astrographers, Stellar navigatons, Void navigations, Navigator scholars, Deep void auger operations.
Keepers of Economy Accounting, Financial services, Pension services.
Communications Internal ship communications, External ship communications, The department of Cryptography, Vox-Caster maintenance.
Damage Control Shipboard troops, Aqueduct technicians, Damage-control crew.
Underwatch Foreman, Informants, Workers, Reclaimators, Enforcers, Criminals, Mutants.
Omnissiah's Holy Cogitator Laymen shipwrights, Vault of central cogitation, Altar omnissiah, Technomats.
Department of Technology Drive Temple, death sentence criminals, Primary plasma conduit's crew, Explorator personnel.
Holy Emperors Court Confessors, Clergymen, Shrine management, Cult management, Sanctuary management
Arms Militant Law Enforcement, Disciplinary committee, Bonded shipwrights, Armsmen, Boarding personnel, Underwatch.
Lords Table Nobles line up here with your donations.

flame12
2016-09-12, 08:16 PM
Zane stands at attention during the speeches before looking around at the lines. As he spots the one he will go for, he turns to Dakka and slightly smiles.
"I guess that means we must part ways for now. I look forward to studying the scripture with you later, brother."

Checking on his equipment as he walks over to the line labeled Arms Militant , Zane calmly gets into the line, sparing a few glances around him to see where the others got to.

LairdMaon
2016-09-12, 10:13 PM
"I look forward to sharing the glory of gears with you, Zane. Until then!"

The glow-globes flash dimly as Dakka looks over the lines.

Such good options...

Department of Technology looks about perfect! Dakka settles into line quite comfortably.

Icilia
2016-09-12, 11:21 PM
Khan turns to Wylg and offers his hand to shake.

"How about in two days time, we meet at the closest dining hall to the bridge? It'll make it easier to join up and discuss the going ons of the ship." Khan waits for any response from Wylg before moving over to the lines. He stands by, watching the lines and seeing what the participants do. Specifically, he keeps an eye on the Lords Table line, observing the number joining and the donation to be made.

luca0483
2016-09-13, 02:21 AM
Regarding what Khan and Trantia said about the Adepta, Wylg apparently hasn't encountered one before.
"Ada Soridas? What by the fort is 'Ada Soridas'? I just know she didn't look bright. And for the lander, i can't find any backways into it"

In response to Khan, after the three officials has had their speeches, Wylg nods
"Just don't find your way into the dining hall closest to the bridge regardless of who can enter. We need to all be able to meet up there. The commoner's dining hall closest to the bridge, maybe at the end of the second day? Seems like a plan. I will get roger on that from the rest. See you void-side"

Assuming the rest of the group behind him heard that, Wylg goes over to tell Zane and Dakka the meetup place and time, then get into the row for Damage Control.

Wylg is on the edge, even though he has done this before (or at least, something close).
He is holding an action to use Déjà Vu at a moments notice, should the need arise.
Also, as i read it, Wyrds aren't awakened as psykers, so Wylg shouldn't show up on the warp-o-meter of other psykers unless they specifically are directing it at him as he is using the power

colossusclub
2016-09-13, 04:31 PM
Zane so far notices, without rolls (#1), Hack entering Holy Emperors Court, Dakka entering Department of Technology, Khan not entering but watching the Lords Table line. Zane will need to roll for Wylg (Damage Control) and Trantia (Keepers of Economy). Zane also notices two of the earlier black cloaked figures in his line [roll0] people away from him, their backs are turned however. He can notice though that one seems more slim and the other is very bulky... well, more bulky than originally thought.

Dakka enters the line and many in the line seem to notice him... except for two. The tech priest 52 and his scum follower [roll1] people down.

Khan notices that many people entering the Lords Table line aren't looking like Lords and some are very clearly peasants and beggers. Khan notices however the loud mouth and very prideful Noble from before has entered this line and is also talking to the poor but happy man from before. [roll2] ship enforcer(s) and [roll3] planetary enforcers than walk up to Khan and order him to enter a line (#2). Khan could enter the Lords Table line and be directly behind the noble and poor man if he wanted, though he won't notice more nobles entering the line (many peasants will line up behind him first).

Trantia shakes her head at Wylg "Adeptus Sororitas, the Brides of the Emporer... if you don't know of them, know that you don't want to anger them, or commit heresy in their presence. Honestly I don't think her order will be on this ship... although perhaps they were permitted on before we got here, they would have had a 3 hour head start. I have synced my microbead up with those in our group who have one... so Dakka and Zane, I can communicate with them if you need me."

Wylg enters the line but doesn't notice anything of interest yet, readying himself to use Deja Vu (he may decide when he uses it, not sure what you mean by "he's on the edge")... Wylg isn't getting a black out yet.

#1 Zane will notice (without Perception tests) anyone entering lines within 2 lines of him, and who are entering their lines within 3 rounds of him entering his (this round and the next). Anyone outside of this area will require a Perception test. It is not automatic because there are hundreds of other people lining up. It is at +10 at base and for every two lines from his it decreases by 10. For every 3 rounds behind Zane (for those who enter the lines late, for whatever reason) it decreases further by another 10.

In the case of Dakka, anyone looking for him gets a +20... because EVERYONE is noticing a giant metal man with a snake tail (who is basically 5 feet and 9 inches tall). He is an oddity, even for other Priests :D

These rules apply for anyone else, based on where they are in the line.

#2 I rolled on SRD to see if enforcers would notice him watching the lord line... they had a roll check of 40 (base of 40, +10 from suspicious activity and -10 from how many other people are in the space port), the roll they got as a group was 18, sorry man. You could still try to talk to them if you wanted, or comply... or make a scene, or anything else you would want to do.

Simsimillia
2016-09-14, 06:00 AM
Aside of some more small talk Albia didn't get much out of the Sister called Dice and soon joined up with the others.

She listened to the speakers on the podium and observed the lines that were errected later. It seemed like a strange process, but then again she didn't know much about the Space Hulk they'd be boarding. The widow had been a much smaller ship and with a relatively close nit crew, stemming from the fact that many were suspicious of the rumors about it.

She followed the woman called Trantia to the line of Keepers of Economy. After all before her psychic potential had been discovered she was supposed to become a merchant, so it was the logical choice.

Picking up on the topic of conversation earlier she spoke to the woman.

"You're right it is indeed strange. Sororitas also call themselves Sisters in Battle, it doesn't seem right to leave your sister behind. She also seemed weird, very different from the Adepta I grew up around on the Widow."

LairdMaon
2016-09-15, 07:51 AM
Dakka mutters quietly into his microbead, "Communication check. Please confirm that my microbead is functioning, brothers."

flame12
2016-09-15, 11:42 AM
Zane suppresses a jump at the sudden intrusion into his ear. He looks over to the line Dakka is in before setting his gaze forward.

"I can hear you fine, brother."

colossusclub
2016-09-15, 05:17 PM
Aside of some more small talk Albia didn't get much out of the Sister called Dice and soon joined up with the others.

She listened to the speakers on the podium and observed the lines that were errected later. It seemed like a strange process, but then again she didn't know much about the Space Hulk they'd be boarding. The widow had been a much smaller ship and with a relatively close nit crew, stemming from the fact that many were suspicious of the rumors about it.

She followed the woman called Trantia to the line of Keepers of Economy. After all before her psychic potential had been discovered she was supposed to become a merchant, so it was the logical choice.

Picking up on the topic of conversation earlier she spoke to the woman.

"You're right it is indeed strange. Sororitas also call themselves Sisters in Battle, it doesn't seem right to leave your sister behind. She also seemed weird, very different from the Adepta I grew up around on the Widow."

Trantia looked over to Albia curiously "Indeed, it is weird. Perhaps something happened to them before they arrived... or perhaps they had an idiot Adept do the head count before they left". Trantia than looked away for a moment from hearing Dakka and Zane on her microbead, she touches her ear to adjust it to a lower volume replying to Dakka and Zane "I can hear both of you, it appears we're the only ones with a micro bead... we may want to correct that if the ship sells any."

Albia and Trantia notice a man entering the Crew Maintenance line, a very regal looking and older man. His attire was black, with blue folds on his upper torso and looked like butler attire with a ceremonial sword on his belt. His back straight and posture proper, he has well groomed white hair and white facial hair (#1).

#1 This will be a -10 perception test based on sight, success will show that he looked directly over to Albia and Trantia for but a moment, before looking forward. His expression was a lighter one that one doesn't see very much in this grim universe. Bonus points if you can guess the anime I blatantly stole based him off of.

Everyone

As you approach the lander, at the end of your lines, many of you find yourselves in different lines... your answers not good enough it would seem at first. Curiously though, those in your line seem like you; in similar attire and ranging from similar backgrounds. Techpriests in the Crew Maintenance line, very weird given their general lack of true emotion for those of the flesh, while those of the Arms Militant found themselves in the Navigations and Sensors line, many of them feral worlders and not suited to using high end technology.

You began to question the insanity of this... until you entered the lander. The lander had a door for each line, and your door didn't connect to others. Yours had a long hallway you were all asked to walk down, your official papers of boarding stashed away on your person. Filled with the questions you had to answer, many not applying to you. Finally you enter a large room, some of your companions next to you... others are no longer in sight. Truthfully, each line had it's own doorway, it's own hallway and it's own final large room. These large rooms however did connect to the other rooms but numerous enforcers blocked passage between them, all of them wearing the uniforms of the ship... the planetary enforcers are now nowhere in sight, all left on the planet.

In each room stood a different speaker, standing on another podium. Each of them explained where you were and how this would work. Each room having their own departments and you will be joining one... while they all said different things, all had one thing to say in common.

"If you break our laws, you go out the air lock..." some of the speakers had issue with saying this, it was easy to hear in their voice... others were indifferent and two said it with such zeal and ferocity that you felt like they regarded all on board as criminals waiting to be proven guilty.

Once the speeches concluded, tables were set up and your assignment awaited.

Icilia
2016-09-15, 11:48 PM
Khan grumbles about being forced to pick so quickly, and advances to the Lords Table

colossusclub
2016-09-19, 08:59 PM
Arms Militant Zane finds himself in a large room standing next to many rough looking individuals. Armed to the teeth, well armored... many feral worlders looking for a fight. The speech giver wore a white navy uniform, his hands behind his back but his revolver at his belt. "I am Chief Bosun Bernard, Arch Militant. It is our duty to ensure order remains on this ship. Crew drills, disciplinary actions, and capital punishment is our weapons. Each of you will be directed to your given designation based on the skills you exemplified in your test results. Dismissed!" and with that he walks out of the room, while enforcers begin to direct those in the room to even more tables. After a short while, Zane receives back his papers and sees his new designation, "Rank 1 Enforcer".

Department of Technology Dakka finds himself in a large room filled with many technological devices and almost everyone was a tech priest. A few weren't however, many found themselves being dragged onto operating tables as they began to go through the wondrous transition from flesh to servitor... Dakka can ascertain why "death sentence criminals" were asked to enter this line. The one giving the speech here was an Explorator Techpriest who called himself "Damph", he however did not make a speech but instead spoke in prayer allowed to the Omnisiah. Dakka was asked to go to a table and the tech priest who oversaw the different departments looked at him and gave him a quizzical glance as he handed him a paper. It had a single question on it, "Primary Positioned Desired: Underwatch or Explorator", the tech priest was willing to answer questions... it seemed like Dakka is being held in high regard compared to others but for what is uncertain.

The Lords Table Khan entered a much, much, smaller room to everyone else. Elaborate clothing styles, a massive quantity of supplies and everyone communicating the way nobles do. Laughter, merriment, and an assortment of treats on a dining room table. The speech given was by a man calling himself Drago Burnabus, "It is a most elegant day to see so many of the Emporers finest here today, together may we forge numerous alliances throught out this new sector. I am in fact only another noble, such as yourselfs, I was simply the first through the door." his wine glass almost spilled liquid onto the floor as he waves his hand. "We will be given numerous accommodations during our stay, we simply must behave ourselves... otherwise they will send us to Underwatch" he begins to babble on about other things. Many give Khan curious looks, and one in particular walks up to him. "I remember you, the one standing in the line watching the Master Helmsmen and I chatter." Khan hears behind him, it was the loud mouth noble from before. He wore Adept clothes surprisingly and had a few augments, such as a technological right eye.

Damage Control Wylg entered a large room filled with guardsmen, tech priests and an assortment of other people. The one giving the speech here was a man who was slightly augmented and wore a red robe. "This is damage control! We are the life blood if war ever shows itself, we fight back the boarders, we fight the many fires and we keep the water maintenance equipment from malfunctioning. Welcome brothers, let us keep the fires of destruction at bay! I am Malfias, praise the Emporer!". Wylg would be asked to go to a table, the Adept at the table would hand him his papers. His degination, "Damage Control Crew, Rank 1".

Keepers of Economy Albia and Trantia entered the room. All present looking very clean and groomed. A few men see Albia and give her a wink, than staring when seeing Trantia. One glare from Trantia and they moved along. "*******s..." she muttered. The one giving the speech was a women wearing a fine and elegant white robe, with blond hair... she looked very similar to the High Factotum. In fact, too similar... exactly the same. "I am Abina, the ships Purser. It is our duty to ensure the continued trade of goods on this ship, that the manifests are kept in proper order and ensuring there is no counterfiting or immoral trade actions being conducted on this vessel. We also ensure the proper payment is made to each crew member on this ship. Without us, our entire civilization would fall to ruin... I have zero tolerance for failure, I have perfected the art of our job and made it simple for you all to fulfill your obligations. I am not as nice as my sister, the High Factotum." she departs.

Albia and Trantia recieve their papers... Albia's designation is: "Pension services, rank 1" and Albia... looks at her papers curiously. "Their must be some mistake, my papers say Underwatch, rank 2 but that was a different line all together. Is this not keepers of economy?".

The adept women at the counter looks at her curiously. She says "Yes this is keepers of economy, it just means there was a mistake in the lines."

"Oh, that's alright then" Trantia said, than noticed the women waving over some enforcers. The women responded afterwards "Yes, please follow these men and they will take you to Underwatch".

Trantia's face went sullon for a second, and became a little worried looking over at Albia.

LairdMaon
2016-09-20, 01:31 AM
Dakka absorbed the question on the paper he was given and turned his optics to focus on the tech-priest in front of him. "Requesting descriptions of duties and responsibilities pertaining to each offered choice, brother."

luca0483
2016-09-20, 07:45 AM
Damage Control

"Damage Control Crew, Rank 1. How simple for a voidship" Wylg thinks to himself as he moves to the table where they hand out papers.

In Low Gothic, Wylg asks the person at the table: "The man mentioned several roles. Are we getting designated roles, or are all personnel expected to do all tasks?"

He turns his head to to look around for where the guard-types are gathering, much more intent on getting in the boarding, anti-boarding or firefighting squads, than becoming a repairman for the water-systems. He is bad with technology.

colossusclub
2016-09-20, 06:19 PM
Dakka absorbed the question on the paper he was given and turned his optics to focus on the tech-priest in front of him. "Requesting descriptions of duties and responsibilities pertaining to each offered choice, brother."

The tech priest took a moment to load a recording device built into it's head. It opened it's mechanical mouth, which locked in place as a different voice spoke. "Welcome to the rest of your life...zzzz.... error, rest of your stay... in the rare chance that someone can fulfill a serious role but could also fulfill another serious roll, they may be given another choice. Options selected for clarification... Underwatch and Explorator... Explorator is personnel designed to inspect any derelict or newly captured ship found in the void or warp for potential resources and technology. This is a rare occurence, and so the priest is permitted to conduct any work for the Omnisiah as they choose for minimal reimbursement, but still more than those from Jack of No Trades. Underwatch is a group dedicated to keeping the peace in the lowest deck of the ship, it is highly dangerous and so only those who look exceptional are ever asked to join it. If you join willingly you are permitted to leave and receive an extreme amount of reimbursement. Criminals are potentially thrown in here, to work for free, for life... as their death sentence, turned over to The Department of Technology if critically injured to begin the process of the servitor." it said in the voice of a young man. The priest than closed it's mouth, only a select few know about Underwatch... the exact floor is a well guarded secret that you will be sworn to keep silent about.

Damage Control

"Damage Control Crew, Rank 1. How simple for a voidship" Wylg thinks to himself as he moves to the table where they hand out papers.

In Low Gothic, Wylg asks the person at the table: "The man mentioned several roles. Are we getting designated roles, or are all personnel expected to do all tasks?"

He turns his head to to look around for where the guard-types are gathering, much more intent on getting in the boarding, anti-boarding or firefighting squads, than becoming a repairman for the water-systems. He is bad with technology.

It is your designation for life. You will be responsible for protecting the ship with boarding personnel against enemy boarding attempts. You will also be in charge of assisting in bucket line ups to get rid of fires. Would you prefer the boarding personnel designation? I sadly cannot offer you Aqueduct technician as an option, your test scores in technology were too low.

colossusclub
2016-09-20, 06:22 PM
SORRY, SORRY. I posted this in OOC for some reason just before my two last posts. I will edit the earlier post but I will put it here too so you all know.

Everyone

As you approach the lander, at the end of your lines, many of you find yourselves in different lines... your answers not good enough it would seem at first. Curiously though, those in your line seem like you; in similar attire and ranging from similar backgrounds. Techpriests in the Crew Maintenance line, very weird given their general lack of true emotion for those of the flesh, while those of the Arms Militant found themselves in the Navigations and Sensors line, many of them feral worlders and not suited to using high end technology.

You began to question the insanity of this... until you entered the lander. The lander had a door for each line, and your door didn't connect to others. Yours had a long hallway you were all asked to walk down, your official papers of boarding stashed away on your person. Filled with the questions you had to answer, many not applying to you. Finally you enter a large room, some of your companions next to you... others are no longer in sight. Truthfully, each line had it's own doorway, it's own hallway and it's own final large room. These large rooms however did connect to the other rooms but numerous enforcers blocked passage between them, all of them wearing the uniforms of the ship... the planetary enforcers are now nowhere in sight, all left on the planet.

In each room stood a different speaker, standing on another podium. Each of them explained where you were and how this would work. Each room having their own departments and you will be joining one... while they all said different things, all had one thing to say in common.

"If you break our laws, you go out the air lock..." some of the speakers had issue with saying this, it was easy to hear in their voice... others were indifferent and two said it with such zeal and ferocity that you felt like they regarded all on board as criminals waiting to be proven guilty.

Once the speeches concluded, tables were set up and your assignment awaited.

LairdMaon
2016-09-20, 06:46 PM
"Interesting, may I propose a third option for your consideration? I will work in the Underwatch normally and, in the rare instance that such a need arises, I will move over to join the Explorators. With this option I can be far more helpful to this craft as a whole."

luca0483
2016-09-21, 01:51 AM
Damage Control

"Would you prefer the boarding personnel designation?"
Wylg didn't need much time to think

"No, staying on the ship as a lineman is fine. Sign me up as boarding-repeller and bucket-liner. Where do i go to be assigned a station?"

colossusclub
2016-09-21, 03:02 PM
"Interesting, may I propose a third option for your consideration? I will work in the Underwatch normally and, in the rare instance that such a need arises, I will move over to join the Explorators. With this option I can be far more helpful to this craft as a whole."

The tech priest responds "By being permitted to leave, it means that you are not stuck in the under decks with Underwatch. Choosing Underwatch can get you precisely what you seek in the third option... we just give you the option to say no. I cannot say more than that, once you pick this option you will be expected to assist in Underwatch as they require you. You may leave but it ultimately comes down to asking permission from the Twistcatcher first. I hear he isn't a nice one".

Damage Control

"Would you prefer the boarding personnel designation?"
Wylg didn't need much time to think

"No, staying on the ship as a lineman is fine. Sign me up as boarding-repeller and bucket-liner. Where do i go to be assigned a station?"

He nods to Wylg saying "Understood. Just wait here for a moment, once everyone is assigned their designation we will be going up to the ship".

LairdMaon
2016-09-21, 04:17 PM
"Underwatch it is, then. I will await directions at your convenience." Dakka offers a brief nod and finds a place to park himself.

Icilia
2016-09-24, 11:04 PM
Khan nods at the man, before moving forward and taking a comfortable seat and some food. He may as well enjoy his time here for a bit

Simsimillia
2016-09-25, 05:28 AM
Albia was slightly estranged by the whole process, even more so when she found herself with the other Keepers of Economy where people gave her winks. She wasn't really used to that.

She recieved her papers and was appearently signed up with the Pension services. She peeked onto Trantia's papers to see where she was, but the other woman already spoke up about a mistake. Shortly after enforcers where waved over to get her "reassigned".

Albia watched helplessly as the other woman was dragged away. There wasn't much she could do, well unless she wanted to start a mass panic and most likely get herself shot, but then she got an idea.

"Wait!", Albia called out and then turned her attention to the adept woman, "what is the meaning of this? I need this woman, she is my...aide."

luca0483
2016-09-25, 03:51 PM
"Roger that"

Wylg steps aside, to allow the next person in the line to get their papers.