PDA

View Full Version : 11th level undead fighting Druid and Paladin advice

Willie the Duck
2016-08-18, 09:41 PM
I've been asked to build an 11th level druid (or druid + PrC) and Paladin (or paladin + PrC or similar. a dip into another class is reasonable, a sorcadin or RKV is outside the parameters) for NPCs in an undead-themed adventure. They aren't sticking around, so I'm not worried about 1st-20th level outcome, just how effective they are at level 11. As NPCs, they will only have $40k in gear. Anyone have any favorite builds or suggestions? Thanks!

Soranar
2016-08-18, 10:31 PM
even with only 40k , hell he could have vow of poverty and your typical druid will do just fine

just make sure he takes the feat that lets him cast spells while in wildshape (natural spell)

A pally is a bit more complicated to optimize at that high a level

Since you have a large party, I would suggest a ''from smite to song'' pally

Basically you need the following

Alternate class features

-holy warrior (exchange spellcasting for feats, lets you take power attack, travel devotion and law devotion), dump WIS
-divine spirit (exchange paladin mount for a spirit that buffs you and your allies or one that heals)

you are level 11 so you get 5 feats (human) + 3 bonus feats from holy warrior

key feats:
-from smite to song

combat feats:

-power attack, combat reflexes, travel devotion, law devotion, mage slayer, blind fight, pierce magical concealment

if flaws are not allowed, I guess you can drop combat reflexes until level 12

grab a reach weapon to threaten with reach and use armor spikes to threaten your surrounding squares

your character should have great buffs (he'll actually run out of swift actions so think carefully before you activate travel devotion, inspire courage lasts 5 rounds after you activate it so do that first then charge into melee)

This character is very much a team player (divine spirit buff + inspire courage buff)
He can still heal if need be (lay on hands)
He has no use for wisdom yet still has decent saves (divine grace)
In combat his own buffs makes him a respectable warrior (law devotion), his mage slayer ability lets you be a nuisance to any sort of spellcaster

Willie the Duck
2016-08-19, 06:49 AM
That looks like a decent build. I was kinda hoping someone would have advice for building paladins and druids towards an undead-heavy campaign.

I know a paladin would be a fool to use their turning attempts for turning. Any advice on what they should be used for?