PDA

View Full Version : Player Help To many possibilities

poolio
2016-08-18, 10:09 PM
So I made a thread a little while back about making a ninja like character who would try to use shuriken as a primary attack, and recently got to start building him, but after just one game i find myself whacked square in the face with the idea stick, I'm going to be doing the worlock dip to get devils sight, for shadow shenanigans, but as i was looking at the worlock, deciding on what else to pick for spells and what not, i see that by going tomelock I'd be getting three extra cantrips, and with the great old one for my patron, and using my other invocation to take "Misty visions" i would end up with a spell list consisting of, in no particular order: Minor illusions, Prestidigitation, Mage hand, Thaumaturgy, with silent image at will, plus two other undecided cantrips (taking Hex obviously for improved face punching and another undecided for my other 1st lv spell) and after seeing all the illusionary fun i could have i decided to make my ninja more of the Mystical verity,

So long story short, what would be some examples of how you might use this trickery laden spell list? Or would you have other spells in mind?

If you've made it this far then thanks for taking the time to read this wall of text :smalltongue:

NNescio
2016-08-19, 01:59 AM
So I made a thread a little while back about making a ninja like character who would try to use shuriken as a primary attack, and recently got to start building him, but after just one game i find myself whacked square in the face with the idea stick, I'm going to be doing the worlock dip to get devils sight, for shadow shenanigans, but as i was looking at the worlock, deciding on what else to pick for spells and what not, i see that by going tomelock I'd be getting three extra cantrips, and with the great old one for my patron, and using my other invocation to take "Misty visions" i would end up with a spell list consisting of, in no particular order: Minor illusions, Prestidigitation, Mage hand, Thaumaturgy, with silent image at will, plus two other undecided cantrips (taking Hex obviously for improved face punching and another undecided for my other 1st lv spell) and after seeing all the illusionary fun i could have i decided to make my ninja more of the Mystical verity,

So long story short, what would be some examples of how you might use this trickery laden spell list? Or would you have other spells in mind?

If you've made it this far then thanks for taking the time to read this wall of text :smalltongue:

Tomelock ninja?

Take Thorn Whip (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkxCc2FXdSs).

poolio
2016-08-19, 10:50 AM
Tomelock ninja?

Take Thorn Whip (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkxCc2FXdSs).

I was going to originally, but my charisma is garbage, which is a shame cause i really likthe idea of a shadow orb just walking up to a bandit camp, and then yanking in the first poor fool to get to close:smalltongue: