PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Making my alchemist a God.

camcam9999
2016-08-19, 02:29 PM
So I have recently started a new campaign, wherein we are not only going mythic, but also gestalting. We're level seven and some of my choices are a little suboptimal because I was taking too long to choose, but I want to try and optimize myself from here on out. Before I put what I've taken already let it be known that the dm has declared that we cannot multiclass.
Alchemist/Mobile Fighter 7
STR: 19
DEX: 24
CON: 17
INT: 24
WIS: 17
CHA: CHA
The feats I've taken so far are:
Airy Step(I want to get wings of air), Point-blank shot, rapid shot, precise shot, X2 extra discovery, x2 extra bombs. For my traits I took Armor expert and Enduring Mutagen. For discoveries I've taken tumor familiar, infusion, Dispelling Bomb, Frost Bomb, and Precise Bombs. As for magic items I have A set of Poisoner's gloves, engineer's workgloves, eyes of the eagle, a cloak of reistance, a long with a bountiful bottle that has a potion of flying 7th level in it. For Armor I've got A mithral shirt, and a mithral buckler.
At eighth level I'm going to take two weapon fighting and fast bombs, and then my question is, where do I go from there?

NamelessNPC
2016-08-19, 10:01 PM
Well, what do you want to do? Because it seems that your plan is to throw as many bombs as posible (which is not a bad plan, mind you) but at the same time you have a 19 in str and those fighter lvls, which I'm not sure what purpose they serve.

camcam9999
2016-08-20, 11:51 AM
I took the fighter levels to get the combat feats I needed to get to where I could throw so many bombs, and then I found out I couldn't multiclass. I have such high stats because we rolled 5d6 drop the lowest reroll 1's and twos and i rolled really well. In addition to the feats I also get armor training and heavy proficiency so that eventually I'll be able to wear heavy armor without hindering myself with armor training, armor expert, and then mithral and comfort enchantments. My main role is going to be a bomber with some self-buffing(hence the familiar and gloves) but I'm also going to be a bit of a rogue substitute.