PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Kingmaker: Fun with Grigori

Asteron
2016-08-19, 11:57 PM
I'm in the middle of Rivers Run Red and I'm looking for some suggestions on things I could have Grigori do.

He's already verbally duelled the part, but lost as they've made some very good decisions when setting up their Kingdom. Instead of leaving, however, he stuck around in disguise as he had been hired by Pitax and didn't want his reputation ruined by reporting his failure. He has a headband of disguise that he uses to stay hidden. He also has a custom item that allows him to cast Dominate Person 1/day that he had used on Corax. Through Corax, he gained access to the Half-Orc Ranger in the party and cast malicious spite on her and set her against another party member (Vizier) that she had tension with. The tension ratcheted higher for a while until the other party member arranged to have the ranger try to break into his house after he had hired a guard with instructions to kill anyone who entered. The ranger got dropped pretty hard by the guard (new player joining with a dwarven Warder) but was saved by the rest of the party. The vizier admitted what had happened and was sentenced to a year in prison for attempting to incite murder, after which he would be exiled (the vizier is now retired.)

Grigori has been quiet since then as the war with Hargulka's trolls has been ramping up; I'm running a modified version of Hargulka's Monster Kingdom (http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2ljy6?My-Changes-to-RRR-Hargulkas-Monster-Kingdom). He's been giving some information to the troll king, but it's pretty inconvenient and could expose him so he does it intermittently. He's also been preparing his escape should the trolls gain the upper hand. The PC's have won 2 victories, so I think I want to have him cause some more shenanigans. I'm just drawing a blank on what those could be.

Anyone have any ideas?

The PCs have set up an egalitarian society where all races are welcome. Grigori initially attacked this point and caused some racial tension, but failed due to the PCs efforts.
They have a council that rules the nation and is mostly NPCs at this point. Perhaps I could have Grigori push people to demand that they elect someone to the council?
They have an alliance with the good fey in the area, including a Nymph that they've rescued twice: once from beneath Candlemere Tower and once from the Dancing Lady.
The PCs have hired some mercenaries to compete with the larger numbers of monsters.