PDA

View Full Version : [IC] You All WORK In An Inn (Maid RPG)

Dudeons
2016-08-20, 07:23 PM
The village of Greenstone. Once a quiet farming community on the edge of the kingdom, the reputation it received as the hometown of the great hero Goldensky caused all manner of visitors. While it continues to hold the title of village (largely out of nostalgia), Greenstone has become large enough to be a veritable town. The boom in population led to shockwaves in the village's business and industry as all manner of people dive headlong into the rural melting pot: merchants, craftsmen, families, and of course, adventurers. The thriving nature of Greenstone puts Goldensky's upstart tavern The Soul's Reprieve in a position that business owners would exchange their souls with any devil or sprite for. Surely, such a prospective business has nothing but mountains of profit and fame on the horizon.

Right? Some god knows, but for the rest of them the jury is out.

One very early morning, five young women of varying walks of life(?) have been called to the Soul's Reprieve. Once a dreary old collection of wood, the renovated three-story building is painted in bold green, the yellow of a high noon's sun coloring the window and door frames. A sign above the entrance confirms the name of the building. The door frame is inscribed with the phrase 'Rest and Respite' in over a dozen different languages, immistakably identifying the sort of place this is to any traveler. It is here that opening day starts. Today, the doors open, the tankards fill, and the adventure begins.

No tasks yet! Just introduce your maid as they arrive at the inn.

whoiam
2016-08-21, 03:26 PM
Well, this all looked different. True, it was technically the same tavern her family had worked at for generations, but Mr. Goldensky hadn't left much of the old building behind...

Hm. Well, nostalgia could come later. Instead Succour turned to the other red-skinned figure beside her, and asked: "How do I look, mom?"

Beside her, the other succubus took a moment to check over Succour's uniform. Everything seemed in place. The cloth was spotless. And the whip was carefully hidden out of casual sight. "The tavern just wouldn't seem right without one of us. Make me proud!"

For tact's sake, neither of them chose to mention the incident that had lead to this place changing ownership. But they both knew this was a second chance for Succour, and that she had no intention of failing this master.

Instead she walks up to the tavern door, pauses to wave back at her mother, and lets herself and her bags inside. Hopefully, she's early. That'll allow her first pick of the spots in the servants' quarters, assuming she can find them...

Phobia
2016-08-21, 04:32 PM
"The dark wind howls... Someone will soon perish.." Vale Shadyglen sat wistfully on her favorite large tombstone. Whomever he was the man must have been important once to get such a fancy grave. "The final fate of all heroes." She thought idly before running her free hand down the fancy etching, her other hand clutching her amazingly huge scythe making her look like a reaper in the graveyard.

Speaking of heroes..

"Oh my gosh!" Vale suddenly squeaked, jumping up and stuffing her scythe into her uniform. "I'm supposed to be at the opening today- and maybe catch a glimpse of.. him~." The realization had crept in slowly but she had obviously just completely forgotten. This was probably a good reason her parents store didn't do so well after it passed into her hands.

"Rest and respite.." Vale read the text above the door idly and was reminded of a graveyard. Would this be someone's grave soon? Hopefully it wouldn't be Hamel..

"Oh crap! I'm not so easily distracted!" She tightened her maid's bow and clenched her fist in a determined pose, "Right! Time to do my best!" And then she rushed inside, adjusting her uniform further and dusting off as much of the graveyard dust as she could..

igordragonian
2016-08-21, 05:11 PM
Xizzereth whined, when she pulled the strings of the corset of her uniforms tighter.
'What is wrong with surface food? And why is that so much tastier than tasteless mushrooms?' she wondered to herself. She sighed. Will her Master let the Yokalolo take her as punishment? she surely will deserve that...
Xizzereth went into the tavern, trying not to breath too much.

Pertenetator
2016-08-21, 06:47 PM
Through the least crowded parts of Greenstone, quite a visage was seen. The town knows of many races, but a woman shaped golem was an oddity. A bigger oddity was that it was made of liquid mercury. An even bigger one was that she wore a very neatly clean - and unfazed by the wearer's nature - maid attire, in the same silvery color as her.

Lorena gave little note to passerbies. She was here with a purpose, and with unflinching purpose she moved closer to her goal. The two black orbs in her head studied momentarily the epigraphy of the Goldensky Inn, before heading inside.

Finally.... she thought excitedly Revenge is finally on my grasp. Once i gain his trust, i shall gut him like a fish ! Like a bloody fish! Gahahahaha ! Father would be so proud ~

Unconsciously, her arms had turned into the wickedly sharp stiletto blades she was used to. She quickly reformed her hands to their human like shape, hoping it was not seen by anyone as she passed through the in'' door.

whoiam
2016-08-21, 06:57 PM
Succour had had time to claim her choice of bed (rather crudely, true - she'd just dumped her things on it) and even look around a little before she heard the door. Worrying that she might not have been early enough to be in place before the first guests, she hurries back... and spots the three new arrivals.

...Well, at least with this staff she would probably come out around average in oddness terms.

The one that drew the Succubus' attention first was Vale. Why? Because she was brushing dust off herself and all over the tavern floor! That would not do.

"Excuse me, miss?" Of course, they didn't know each others' names yet. "If you're going to brush yourself off, could you do it outside, please? We're supposed to be keeping the customer-facing areas clean, and that isn't going to help..."

Before she can disappear back into the back rooms (looking for a broom, this time), she offers a hand to the other three. Best not to get off on too negative a note, after all. "My name's Succour-of-Travellers, and yours?"

igordragonian
2016-08-22, 02:01 AM
Xizzereth felt very self counsionse. Each of those girls were better than her. Especialy this dominante succubus, which somewhat reminded of her mothers.
They were all real girls. And had waists.. and in general they were attractive.. she has fantasied about them punishing her and blushed.
"S..s..sor..sorry! Say what?!" Xizzereth stopped cleaning the tables, and fell to a deep bow, raising her rump prepared for whipping.
M..my name.. is Xizzereth! Sorry.. if I have displeased.. y..you!" she whined with shaking voice.

Neil Crow
2016-08-22, 03:15 AM
Lot had woken that morning with hope of arriving at her new job, the job that she had been dreaming of for over three years, as today was to be her first day as a Maid. Lot had correctly estimated the time need to leave based on the distance to the The Soul's Reprieve Inn and her normal land based walking speed, even calculating in for some loss of time due to other pedestrians on the street. Unfortunately she had not taken multiple interaction with local children into her calculations, as more than once local children had stopped her on the street to ask if she would want to play with them, as they seemed to mistake her as a child herself. Lot had explained that she could not at this time interact with them as she was headed to her job as a maid, unfortunately the children took this to be some kind of make-believe game and had joined her in this 'headed to work' game. As Lot and the growing number of children which was now up to seven had walked down the street the children had broke out into song, which they took the time to teach her and prompted Lot to join in singing which she did to the best of her abilities, but it would see her creators didn't take in factor her need to sign as part of her design, the children where good nature enough to only laugh a little.

Now thirteen minutes and five seconds later than her estimated time of arrival Lot stood in front of the green and yellow build that was the Soul's Reprieve Inn, her new home and place of work. Lot turned to the children saying, "I have to go to work now, thank you all for accompany me on my journey from my previous sleeping establishment and my new sleeping establishment and place of work."

With that Lot head up to the door a young girl calls out from the group, "Are you a real maid?"

Lot knows she is late and logical she should ignore any further interactions from the children but the question stops her in her tracks and she turns back to the group of children saying, "I Lot formally known as Lot-A Number Seventy Four are as of this day a maid of the Soul's Reprieve Inn, it is my pleasure to have meet you young madams and sirs."

With that said Lot turns back and head inside the building and her new life as a maid.

Phobia
2016-08-22, 03:26 AM
Miss Shadyglen continued to brush herself obliviously off before she noticed that someone was speaking to her. Vale smiled and looked up preparing to introduce herself before noticing that disproving look and registering what was being said to her..

"Oh my gosh!" Vale suddenly exclaimed before staring down at the dust with stark horror. "Messing up already?!"

How were you supposed to know not to dust yourself off inside? The maid would get that anyway!

Wait..

She let out a low moan of distress that sounded similar to a cow or horse and rushed for the back before slamming clumsily into the wall. This paused her for a moment as she gave the wall a bewildered look. Then her eyes closed again as she continued to make her noise of distress and try to gather a broom to fix her mistake before the inn opened in earnest.

whoiam
2016-08-22, 04:24 AM
"You see, Xizzreth, " this time Succour actually *was* talking to Xizzreth, although pointing to Vale as she did so, "I was talking about her. You haven't done a thing wrong, best as I know. That said, could you do me a favour, darling? Just take our scatter-brained friend outside and get her cleaned off? Thanks. We wouldn't want this to be the first impression we made on our new employer, would we?"

For the benefit of the group in general, Succour pointed back down the passage she'd emerged from to greet the group. "If the rest of you would care to follow me, I found servants' quarters down the end of the passageway, just past the kitchens and the incinerators. I'll happily show you the way - I've got to head back there to fetch a broom, anyway..."

Now all she has to do is make it back into the back rooms before she loses the fight against the urge to laugh at Vale...

Pertenetator
2016-08-22, 12:17 PM
Lorena stared at all the others curiously as she followed Succour. This was not within mission parameters. Neither of them seemed exceptionally strong, but they seemed unusual. She should better earn their trust. "I welcome you as well. My Name is Lorena, prime artificial sentient construct made of mercury. Pleased to meet you all." a curved slit below her eyes appeared, resembling a smile. They seemed to be quite nice all in all. They would be spared.

igordragonian
2016-08-22, 03:47 PM
Xizzereth meeped. "I didn't do nothing wrong?" doubting, she stared at Lorena, and simply bowed too deeply. Then she blinked.
She blushed deeply, looking at Vale. "We.. should.. clean you.. o..ou..outside.. if that...ok.. Oh Great Matron"

Dudeons
2016-08-22, 03:57 PM
The interior of the inn has been left in its original state, somewhat dusty from disuse. The windows let in beams of light, but the inside is largely in darkness. Several wooden tables are arranged throughout the inn, with a long bar at the opposite wall and a huge fireplace on the left wall. A staircase on the right wall leads to the upper floors, where lodgings are provided. However, the maids quarters can be found at the end of the staircase on the left, which leads down a ways before going into the maids' quarters. Six basic beds are arranged three to a wall, each with a trunk at the foot of the bed and a small nightstand to the side of it.

As the maids are getting settled in, the doors to the inn swing open and in steps a figure in a hooded brown cloak. He enters in silence as he pulls back his hood, revealing the unmistakable face of Hamel Goldensky, the owner of this establishment. Long golden hair cascades from his scalp, leaving a triangular gap for a piercing green eye, the right side of his nose, and his mouth. Contrasting the effeminate hair is weathered skin, an unsmiling expression, and horrific gashes barely visible from behind his bangs. Beneath the cloak, he wears a simple lilac tunic and violet pants. Leather boots, a leather belt, and one leather glove at the end of his only arm complete the attire. He casts a one-eyed gaze about the tavern, taking tally of everyone present and the status of the inn.

"Good day," he says curtly, facing the maids who were out in the main area, "Where are the others?"

whoiam
2016-08-22, 09:22 PM
Once out of the tavern tap-room, Succour had to bite down on one of her claws to help muffle her laughter. She knew it was wrong, but couldn't really help herself.

Still not trusting herself to attempt to speak, she lead Lorena down the staircase into the back rooms, pointing her to the maids' quarters before heading for the broom cupboard.

Fully equipped (Holding several brooms in one hand, a couple of dusters and a brush in the other, and with a dust-pan held with its handle between her teeth, Succour headed back to the front room. And heard the Master's voice as she was doing so. She hurried the rest of the way, not wanting to appear tardy.

"Morning, Sir!" Succour had a bright and cheery tone to her greeting that was only slightly muffled by the dustpan. She picked a table and unloaded her collection of tools, before turning back to the adventurer to offer him a curtsy. "Apologies for the mess, we've only just found the broom cupboard..."

Dudeons
2016-08-25, 12:03 PM
Master Goldensky looks up at at Succour's words. Although the Greenstone Succubus was a sight he had seen many times as a child, being away from home for so long dulled the memories. He pauses for a minute as he looks Succour over, momentarily distracted. He quickly snaps back to attention as his face returns to its hard scowl.

"I assume you need no further permission," Goldensky says, walking over to a window, "This tavern must be ready for business when the sun is above the furthest building in the town. Cleaning, inventory, lighting the fire. You know how it goes."

Looking out the same window Goldensky is, you can see that the distant sun is starting to be visible. You have about ten minutes before it's truly begun to rise above the village.

"And where's Miss Shadyglen? Whatever she's doing, get her to assist you."

With that, Goldensky takes a seat and looks out the window, his stern expression carefully focused as he keeps track of time.

Make a Skill check for preparations.

igordragonian
2016-08-27, 06:04 PM
After Xizzereth has cleaned the other maid, she has aproached the Master. She bent down.
"Y..y...ou seem up..upset master!" she squeaked.
"please.. forgive me, and punish me.. until your rage is calmed!' She still bent, prepared for him to get violent...

Dudeons
2016-08-29, 05:52 PM
Master Goldensky looks at the groveling drow, his scowl distorted in confusion. After realizing her request, he sighs and stands up. He walks over to the table that Succour dumped supplies on. He picks up a broom, weighing it in his hand as he walks behind Xizzereth. He raises the broom, looking down at his target and taking aim at it. There's a sudden glint in his only eye as he swings the broomstick. Xizzereth instinctively closes her eyes, awaiting the pain. However, it does not come. After a few moments of hesitation, she opens her eyes.

The broom is a few inches away from her nose. The broom's bristles are lodged between the floorboards, causing it to stand straight up.

"If you want me calm, I suggest you get to work," Goldensky says coldly as he returns to his seat.

whoiam
2016-08-30, 10:09 AM
This time around, Succour doesn't manage to entirely suppress her giggles. Still, it doesn't stop her grabbing one of the dusters, and starting with the tables.

As she works, she explains to the others, "Pasha and Ascy got to work with a Drow maid once. Acted a lot like Xizzreth did when the owners were annoyed, all grovelling about punishment. Guess in Drow-land, that's basically a survival trait - better to beg forgiveness first and work out if you were actually guilty or not once the danger's past and the boss won't kill you."

For those who'd been in the area before the Master Goldensky took over the inn, the names could be recognised as the nicknames of the previous two Succubi to work in the inn - Pasha being Succour's mother and Ascy her aunt.

igordragonian
2016-08-30, 04:04 PM
Xizzereth squeaked, and hurried to get back to work. Zixxereth blushed when she has heard Succor explaining about her