PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Spycraft 2.0 Opinions

TheGreatJabu
2007-07-06, 12:52 PM
Hey everybody! I have recently bought the Spycraft 2.0 rulebook, and I've been reading through it over the past day or so. Seems really fun (the Dramatic Conflicts had me confused for a bit until I bothered reading the START OF THE CHAPTER, where they're clearly explained). I guess I was just looking for anyone who has had some experience in GC/GMing or playing the game to give me their personal opinions on some of the strengths and weaknesses of the system that I should look out for when/if I get into a game.

And before anyone says it, I've got two things to say!

1. I like the Vitality and Wound Points system (liked it in Star Wars as well), so you don't have to bother explaining anything about it.

2. Question: is there ANY way that you can accomplish a Triumph without being like level 15+ and having the good fortune of getting your Action dice to explode OVER AND OVER? I mean, I realize that it's supposed to be a super-special event, but even 75 is pretty much saying "This will never happen". Besides, it's also well-above the Result Cap of 60.

Edit: Ooh, scoring a threat eliminates the result cap. And also you can use more than 1 action di on a skill roll (just can't use multiples on damage rolls). Triumphs are becoming somewhat more credible now.