PDA

View Full Version : Would You Like to Play Discord's Game? IC

Estralita
2016-08-21, 02:45 AM
Across the six realms, it is a day like any other day in most respects. Rain falling upwards, houses occasionally coming to life and going on rampages, the sort of things that you come to expect in a world run by the spirit of Chaos. And compared to that, a letter flying up to you would normally be nothing.

But for six ponies, the day will soon become fr from normal, and it starts with an invitation floating up to them as they go about what passes for their daily routine. On the front it reads An Invitation to Play

2016-08-21, 12:23 PM
Chase opened the curious letter without hesitation; it's not like anybody around here would mail her a magic letter filled with something nasty, right?

Emmerlaus
2016-08-21, 02:06 PM
Adeola life as noble was fairly simple: help her subject live tehir life peacefully among the chaos. The realm of Magic was touched by chaos as every other realm but fortunatly, druid magic tend to be centred around teh natural world, making it easier for her and her subject to deal with it.

Today, she had to deal with her "fiance" though. Its not that he wasnt a nice zebra, quite the contrary, but Adeola didnt like the idea of getting hitched.

So She was especially glad to be home with her family today. She had often mail to open even there so she took the time after dinner to open it. The " Invitation to play " wasnt even read on the letter, she just opened it like any other letters. Any "dangerous letter" would had being taken care of by her soldier bodyguards anyway.

Rysto
2016-08-21, 04:25 PM
Lieutenant Anthracite and her platoon stood at attention as the other funeral attendees filed out of the cemetery, leaving the platoon alone at the side of a fresh grave. "At ease," Anthracite said quietly. "Mares and stallions, I don't intend to keep you here much longer. I'm not one for fancy speeches, and any words I could offer would pale next to those we already heard today. So let's our final goodbyes to a brave comrade and a fine pony."

The soldiers lowered their heads and stood in silence to honour their fallen squadmate. Anthracite waited for the customary minute to pass, and then barked "Salute to the front!". The soldiers stood straight and saluted Corporal Light one final time. "Thank you all. Sergeant, take them home. I'd like to be alone for a moment."

Anthracite watched her soldiers leave the cemetery, and then turned back to the grave. "Idiot colt!" she whispered. "I told you: don't allow yourself to be isolated. Stick with your wingpony. Don't try to be a hero." She angrily wiped away a tear. "Didn't I always say? The only place this world has for heroes is the grave."

Her rant was interrupted by the letter suddenly floating before her. She took a surprised step back and began looking left to right for its source. "Who's there?" she called. Nopony responded, and she could not see anypony in the graveyard with her. She looked back at letter. "'An Invitation to Play'? What on earth does that mean?" Seeing no other option, she reached out, took the letter in hoof and opened it.

igordragonian
2016-08-21, 04:56 PM
Sweet Echo was in middle of escaping from an angry mob- they weren't happy for her giving them presents from their friends without their permission.
And things went bad, then all of the sudden, the night turned into day, and then the sun turned into fundo.
And Sweet Echo hate fundo!
She took the letter- she hoped it was about her payment- because she surely deserved a payment! It won't be generous at all, if her employer would pay her! she took the letter and opened it

JNAProductions
2016-08-21, 10:47 PM
Aloe looks at the letter. Huh-wasn't expecting a letter from anypony.

Triskavanski
2016-08-24, 04:15 PM
Macabre was off having tea with a few pony like objects. Brooms tied together to form a pony like shape, Perhaps a few pillows sewn together, Yarn wrapped around itself to form a doll. "And so I said, No! Thats /My/ Hoof." Laughing he paused looking around before frowning. "You know normally when you say that something happens. There are certain rules that need to be followed for proper comedy here! Oh look a letter! " He blinks as a note floats over to him. "Oh! I see what happened there. Haha."

Without too much further adu, he began opening it, "Oh wow! Something to go and play?"

Estralita
2016-08-24, 05:30 PM
Six letters were opened with a burst of confettt, and six ponies read the same words:

You are cordially invited to participate in the latest round of Discords Favorite game:

Discord's Game

Make new friends, fight to secure the elements, and be the last one standing when it all fails!

RSVP:Yes

Once the pony had finished, the box for RSVP check itself, and the hapless pony was sucked inside and unceremoniously dropped in a dark area lit up only by a spotlight. The only thing they could see ( other than the other ponies) was a blinking sign above

One minute until the games begin! Try to contain your excitement!

Emmerlaus
2016-08-24, 05:38 PM
" Great... I heard about Discord games but I didnt expect him to choose me of all ponies. "

She nod toward everyone: " I guess i'll be contain on you guys. Let,s try to stay alive and conquer Discord's sick ways of amusement together "

igordragonian
2016-08-24, 05:52 PM
Frowning, Sweet Echoe wrapped her hooves.
"Discord. Hmph. I hope I'll have a chance to strangle this serpent."

2016-08-24, 06:07 PM
"Consider my excitement contained," Chase muttered, as she began wracking her brain for some idea of what she could expect. She glanced around at the assembled group of ponies, sizing them up. Her mouth twisting into a sheepish grin, she spoke up: "Name's Chase. It's nice to meet you all, although I wish the circumstances were different. Guess we'll be travelling together for awhile, may as well introduce ourselves."

Rysto
2016-08-24, 06:38 PM
Anthracite's face flushed with anger as she ground her teeth. Then she spared a look for new companions, and took a deep, calming breath. "My name is Anthracite, of the Coal family. I'd say it's a pleasure to meet you all, but under the circumstances I hope you'll understand if I, too, am containing my enthusiasm."

Emmerlaus
2016-08-24, 07:50 PM
" Forgive me for my lack of introduction. I am Adeola, princesses of the Zebras. "

igordragonian
2016-08-25, 12:17 AM
Sweet Echoe warmed up toward her new comrades.
"I am Sweet Echoe! And don't bother give me stuff- if I'll need anything from you, I'll just take it. Ok? No need for stupid generosity tag pulling' she said sweetly.

2016-08-25, 12:24 AM
Sweet Echoe warmed up toward her new comrades.
"I am Sweet Echoe! And don't bother give me stuff- if I'll need anything from you, I'll just take it. Ok? No need for stupid generosity tag pulling' she said sweetly.

"I'd prefer if you just asked, personally. Not to say I wouldn't give it to you, or that I'm only giving it to you to appear generous myself, but mostly because if my supplies are going to go missing, I'd prefer to know about it ahead of time and perhaps even have some say in the matter."

igordragonian
2016-08-25, 12:56 AM
"But then you'l give me anything you have, and I can't stand it!" Sweet Echoe argued.

2016-08-25, 01:01 AM
"But then you'l give me anything you have, and I can't stand it!" Sweet Echoe argued.

"Not necessarily, you'd just be taking my stuff and informing me of it. I just don't want to need a healing potion or something in the middle of a crisis situation only to find that it got appropriated earlier the same day. It just makes things worse."

Emmerlaus
2016-08-25, 01:12 AM
" How about we keep our stuff to ourself but share what we have if the group need it? We need to face this as a team. So, what are your occupations before being here? What's your special talents? "

igordragonian
2016-08-25, 03:44 AM
"Wait... so you are NOT going to give me everything you have?" Sweet Echoe has asked with shock and smiled.
'Sweet Luna! I thought I am the only one in the world, who has this kind of thinking! That why I became a theif, so I couls avoid ponies giving me ALL of their possesions...

2016-08-25, 03:52 AM
"Wait... so you are NOT going to give me everything you have?" Sweet Echoe has asked with shock and smiled.
'Sweet Luna! I thought I am the only one in the world, who has this kind of thinking! That why I became a theif, so I couls avoid ponies giving me ALL of their possesions...

"That's...not entirely surprising, if you're from the plane of Generosity. I assure you, most ponies are quite adamant on keeping some of their own things for themselves, for reasons such as personal survival or comfort, or just preferring to continue owning things they earned."

"To answer the earlier question, my magic tends towards healing and enhancement, and I've had some measure of success using it to facilitate negotiations between contentious groups."

igordragonian
2016-08-25, 10:43 AM
From her scarf peeped little brown hamster.
"Have you heard that Mister Snuggle? They won't try to force us to take their stuff! And they might even accept our generosity! Finally we can please saint Rarity!" Sweet Echoe talked to her hamster with excitment.

JNAProductions
2016-08-25, 12:46 PM
Aloe, taking a moment to gain her bearings, looks around at the other assembled ponies. Well that was... Unexpected.

Triskavanski
2016-08-26, 04:54 AM
Macabre blinks as he glances around shaking the cobwebs from his head, before looking up to the sign then to the others. "Hey! Can we do that again? I saw a bunch of things on that trip here! I wanna see if I'll see the same things! Oh! I'm Macabre Haze! I really hope this is really as super duper neato as some say it is!" he pauses for a moment thinking. "Actually.. Who says that? Oh well, We're sure to have a super awesome time! Though I do need to get back by four for afternoon tea. "

Emmerlaus
2016-08-26, 11:14 AM
" Macabre, this is no game, lots of ponies died during those Discord's trial! And I can bet you can forget afternoon tea for a couple of days... if you come back to your home at all."

Triskavanski
2016-08-26, 12:14 PM
"Then why is it called Discords game?

Estralita
2016-08-26, 03:55 PM
Well, who do you think is the one playing?

Discord's voice echoed briefly, before the sign began ringing. There was another flash, and the group was suddenly in a different place once again.

The six Ponies were now arranged in a circle around a stone fountain. Behind each pony was a statue of a different pony. At their hooves was a pair of saddlebags with their cutie marks on them, and a note on top.

Looking around, they appeared to be in an enclosed garden of some sort, with stone walls, cheerful looking flowers, and an adorable white cottage to the side.

Every thing looks exceeding normal and harmless.

Rysto
2016-08-26, 04:35 PM
Anthracite, having learned a lesson about picking up letters that suddenly appeared before her, took a hurried step back from the saddlebags and ran into the edge of the fountain. She turned around to look at it and found herself captivated by the exquisite statue before her. In the back of her mind, she felt as though that perhaps she should be able to recognize who it represented.

Does Anthracite know who the statue depicts?

History: [roll0]

igordragonian
2016-08-27, 05:59 PM
Sweet Echoe growled. "Mr. Snuggle doesn't like it at all!" she claimed with a frown. She stared at the statue, and the saddle bags.
The genorsity of Discord was disturbing.
She overlooked the saddle bags, letting out a squeak, trying to learn if the saddlebags or the statue are trapped.

insight
[roll0]+2

Emmerlaus
2016-08-27, 06:27 PM
Adeola use the Detect Magic cantrip on her own bag. If she sense everything is non-magical, she takes it.

Im assuming its our starting gears, correct? Since we cant expect to open that letter and have everything on us from the start in certain case lol

JNAProductions
2016-08-27, 07:23 PM
Adeola, was it? Aloe says to the other mare. Mind checking my bag too? You've the look of someone who knows what they're doing about you.

Emmerlaus
2016-08-27, 07:39 PM
Adeola, was it? Aloe says to the other mare. Mind checking my bag too? You've the look of someone who knows what they're doing about you.

" Of course, if you allow me, I'll be happy to check it for you."

" I sense the bag have being magicly enhance to carry more then their weight. It should be safe to carry around however."

Rysto
2016-08-27, 11:04 PM
Anthracite stared in confusion at the statue for a moment, before deciding it just looked a little bit like her aunt Sunny. That's why I though it was familiar, she thought, nodding. She turned back towards the saddlebag. The Zebra had pronounced the saddlebags to be safe, but Anthracite no idea if her judgment was trustworthy. Until she knew her new companions better, she couldn't depend on anypony, and so she studied the saddlebags intently from a safe distance.

Using my first (of four) use of my Paladin Divine Sense ability, to see if the saddlebags contain anything hallowed or desecrated.

2016-08-27, 11:25 PM
Chase, refusing to look a gift horse in the mouth (and what an odd expression that was!), gave a soft "Thank you," to Discord (if he was indeed listening) and began going through the pack to see what had been provided to her.

igordragonian
2016-08-28, 01:09 AM
If Sweet Echoe doesn't find 'normal' trap, she nodding toward Adeala and looking over her saddlebags.

JNAProductions
2016-08-28, 09:55 PM
Aloe shrugs, with a Thank you, towards the other mare, then opens her bag and begins to rummage through it.

Estralita
2016-08-28, 11:34 PM
The ponies, going through the bags find their things organized neatly. In a special pouch, they each find a colored piece of some sort of crystalline substance

Fear my artistic talents! (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VxRWyCkCA8a59jojc4OJHyibpqzCdez1PBDV1D8d7-s/edit)

As they do this, the notes on the bag hop up in front of their faces, and begin beeping. On the envelopes, the words READ ME-READ ME-READ ME flashes.

It's the only one that you have to read, I promise

Although Anthracite has a suspicion the answer is right in front of her nose, she cannot identify the pegasus mare the statue depicts.

Anthracite detects a spark of pure goodness coming from the inside the bag. In particular, the crystal tucked away carefully

Try as she might, Sweet Echoe can't wrap her head around Discord's reasoning for giving these gifts

Triskavanski
2016-08-29, 04:47 AM
Macabre blinks as he takes the bag and rifles through it to see what is inside, being less cautious than his companions. "Oh is this where we find out one of us has the blade of a knife but no handle and another of us has a book of matches?" he asks cheerfully.

Rysto
2016-08-29, 10:17 AM
Anthracite found herself drawn to the magic emanating from the saddlebags before her. With a trembling hoof, she drew out the crystal from the saddlebags and stared at it with wonder. "What is this? The magic within this is unlike any I have ever seen. It is ... pure. Untouched by chaos. It speaks to something deep within me."

Anthracite broke off as the letter that accompanied the saddlebags began whizing in and out of her vision. Realizing that she had little choice in the matter, she scowled, took the letter in hoof and began to read.

igordragonian
2016-08-29, 04:14 PM
frowning and mambling:'This doesn't make any sense...' she has readen the note, prepared for it to explode or something

Emmerlaus
2016-08-29, 04:47 PM
The zebra princess is a bit wary and wait for everyone to open their letter. If it not explose or do anything nasty, she open her and read it.

Estralita
2016-08-31, 12:48 AM
The opened envelopes unfolded into letters.

My my, Anthracite. I wonder what I've done to make you so hostile. I mean, I give you all a piece of your elements, and I get snarls. Meanwhile, two of your allies are lying to you about who they really are. You might want to reconsider where your loyalties should lie.

In any case, I won't bother you through notes again. Ta-ta!

Dearest Sweet Echo. Please accept this token of my esteem, a shard of the Element of Generosity. No thanks is necessary. Your presence is it's own reward.

Who knows, maybe I should be the Element of Generosity instead of you.:smallwink:

Looking up at the Unicorn Mare above her, she instantly recognized that the statue depicted Twilight Sparkle, Element of Magic who once confronted and defeated Discord, although that hadn't lasted

igordragonian
2016-08-31, 03:56 AM
Sweet Echoe frowned. "I dont want any gifts from HIM!" enraged she threw away the note

Triskavanski
2016-09-01, 06:23 AM
Macabre of course would open up his letter, he honestly had no reason not to trust discord. Such of course was often those from the laughter realm.

Estralita
2016-09-01, 12:29 PM
Thank you for your trust. As a special bonus for that, you will receive not only an exclusive piece of the Element of Laughter, but also a special, very important message from yours truly:

Non-passing particle grizzlies don't own two coloring.

My dearest element of Magic, I wish to offer my condolences. Not only to you have the most difficult element to crack in your hooves, but you have to keep this group under control during my games. They have a lot of issues under the surface, but I'm sure an alicorn like you can handle it, right?

Emmerlaus
2016-09-01, 12:36 PM
Adeola : " Well, Discord is being fairly nice so far, Im surprised. I wish he could be redeemable. And for your information everyone, THIS is twilight Sparkle, original owner of the element of magic. By simple deduction, the statue next to you should be her friends, each representing a element of Harmony. "

" So let's try to get along like them. I believe it might be the key to sucess. "

Rysto
2016-09-01, 12:48 PM
Anthracite balled up the letter Discord had sent her and threw it away in disgust. "Exactly what I'd expect from Discord: lies, lies and more lies." Then she looked back at crystal Discord had given her and hesitated. "Although there is something special about this..."

After Adeola spoke out, Anthracite looked at unicorn statue she indicated, back to the pegasus statue in front of herself, and cocked her head to the side. "Sorry, 'Twilight Sparkle'? Her friends? Who?"

Emmerlaus
2016-09-01, 12:53 PM
Anthracite balled up the letter Discord had sent her and threw it away in disgust. "Exactly what I'd expect from Discord: lies, lies and more lies." Then she looked back at crystal Discord had given her and hesitated. "Although there is something special about this..."

After Adeola spoke out, Anthracite looked at unicorn statue she indicated, back to the pegasus statue in front of herself, and cocked her head to the side. "Sorry, 'Twilight Sparkle'? Her friends? Who?"

" You dont know them? They defeated Discord first attempt to come back from being a statue. Each of them was representing one of the Elements of Harmony, the power that was able to defeat Discord's magic. The crystal given to us might be part of that power. I never seing anything like them. he must be very confident that we will fail."

Rysto
2016-09-01, 01:13 PM
Anthracite shrugged. "Oh. I don't recall hearing the tale before, but if I did then I suppose that the story of some ponies who were eventually defeated by Discord failed to catch my interest."

igordragonian
2016-09-01, 05:40 PM
"Then... I guess he gave me shard of the Element Of Generosity?" Sweet Echo said skeptically. But it's probably just a chocolate or something...' she took a look at the shard

Triskavanski
2016-09-02, 12:10 AM
Macabre giggles softly, tucking his note away "Nah, I know chocolate, and thats no chocolate. Sugar candy sure. But Chocolate not at all."

2016-09-02, 12:12 AM
Chase opened her own letter and began to read at its insistence.

Estralita
2016-09-19, 06:33 PM
I truly feel for you, my dear changeling. While I am not one to judge you, I'm afraid that some of the others will be less than kind to you if they discover your secret. So a bit of friendly advice, you will never succeed on your quest if you are unwilling to fight back.

Just as Aloe cracked her letter open, a sudden burst of smoke and confetti exploded from inside. Once the dust cleared, Aloe was replaced by two different confused and coughing ponies: a male zebra and a different female earth pony. There were even two sets of saddlebags leaning against the statue instead of one.

One minute you were going about your business, the next you were here. Nothing more to say.

Emmerlaus
2016-09-19, 06:53 PM
" Looks like the the honest ponies opened their letter a bit later then us. Welcome to what is called " Discord's Game," but I believe "deadly challenge. would be more suitable. Im sorry you got chosen but let's try to work together to resolve it. Our life depends on it after all! "

Lord Of Mantas
2016-09-19, 11:51 PM
Rashidi

A zebra lay down in the dust, his form
draped by a red-orange cloak, steel scales half-bent
beneath. A greatsword sat strapped to his back,
the blade dark grey and glinting in the light.

Rashidi groaned, rolled to his side, and then
opened his mouth, his eyes half shut in pain.

"So, Discord's Game? That test of stories so foul?
I welcome such a fight, and won't back down."

His eyes had now adjusted, and, deep brown,
surged with a glint of steel, the soul to show.
A frightful mood it was, at first, although
in time, it left. The zebra raised his hoof.

"I am Rashidi, of Siwatu clan.
My blade is Applejack's, and now yours, also."

Meet Rashidi.

Rashidi is a zebra. Unlike most zebras, however, he does not speak in rhyming couplets. Rather, his 'thing' is iambic pentameter.

For hard mode/special occasions, I will occasionally attempt to write whole posts in the form. Don't expect this too often.

igordragonian
2016-09-19, 11:58 PM
"Awww...' Sweet Echoe cooed.
"You look cool! Just don't force me to take this sword of you. Ok? If I need anything from you, I'll just take it. So no need to force your generosity." she said with a worried tone.
"Oh. And my name Sweet Echoe!" The bat pony said warmly

Inspector Valin
2016-09-20, 03:11 AM
"And with that, I am ready to pronounce my verdict." The weathered old Judge raised his gavel in one hoof, before looking across the couthouse with a familiar smile. "Unless the defence has anything to add?"

Over at her table, Double Bluff is tapping her hoof against the ground, trying desperately to think of something. "Well, I... ah mean... we haven't heard all the..." she flips through the court record, searching for anything with an air of desperation. She must have overlooked something, but what? Testimony? Alibi? An alternate murder weapon? If Ms. Shadow Skulker really did kill Ludicrously Rich, surely she'd have...

Her train of thought is rudely interrupted by an envelope popping into existence right in front of her muzzle. Bluff takes a second to look at it. Invitation to Play. It's suddenly apparent to her that the entire court has gone silent.

Finally, the judge chimes in. "Well, Ms. Bluff? Open it, please." A little nervously, Bluff does so, unfolding the sheet of paper inside and skimming through it swiftly. "Yew have ben cordially yadda yadda --- Discord's game?"

And with that, there's a wooshing sound, and in a second, Double Bluff has vanished from the defence table.

The ponies up in the gallery murmur to themselves. The judge blinks at the spot where a lawyer had been just a second ago, trying to compute this summons from a higher authority. Finally, he bangs his gavel. "Ahem. Well, we will need Ms. Bluff back here for the verdict. Or a new defence attorney. Either way, for the moment, Court is adjourned."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Earth Pony picks herself up, a little hesitantly, dusting off the sleeves of her rather nice looking jacket. She was well dressed, white shirt and crevat standing out in the stark light of this waiting room, especially against her golden mane and tannish coat. Discord had seemingly taken this one from a high society party rather than some more traditional home of adventurers.

The stranger hums to herself as she blinks, violet eyes adjusting to her surroundings. Soon enough though, she's with the group, nodding towards the zebracorn. "Well, ahm Double Bluff, lawyer of Honesty. Dunno wha Discord felt ahd fit in wit' this crowda world savin' heroes 'n such, but hey. 'taint mah call, is it?" The newly named Double Bluff glances around the group, before whistling. "We've seriously got two alicorns here? Heh. Guess the big ol' wyrm's goin easy on us."

Or somethin' ain't quite right

Bluff doesn't try to hide her suspicion as she looks over Chase and Adeola. Still, if somepony was a fake, there wasn't going to be an easy way to tell right off the bat. Instead Bluff trots over to the saddlebag with a shield and star design that matches the mark on her flank. Humming to herself, she immediately reads the note.

Lord Of Mantas
2016-09-20, 08:26 PM
Rashidi

At the mention of two alicorns, Rashidid did a double-take, his eyes finally absorbing the party in its entirety for the first time. A sky pegasus, a unicorn, a bat-pony, the earth pony who had just stood up beside him and - not one, but two alicorns? And one of them a zebra, no less! His gaze lingered a fair while on Adeola, and he shook himself after a few seconds.

"It seems I must have hit my head far harder
than I thought. How else could I have missed a sight
like this? And, prithee, madam, do abstain from
my sword. I need it, and all else, to fight here."

The last sentence had been addressed to Sweet Echoe, of course, but, the gentleman he was, Rashidi graciously inclined his head in greeting even as he made his request. Then, turning to where Double Bluff had procured her bag, Rashidi grabbed his own equipment, as well as the note that promptly leapt up in front of his face.

"But pray tell, friends. Before I open up
this note, might I have your names as well, please?"

Rysto
2016-09-20, 08:31 PM
"I am Anthracite, of the Coal family, from the Elemental Plane of Loyalty."

2016-09-20, 08:39 PM
Chase's expression as she reads the letter is unchanging, although, she is careful to fold it up and reseal the envelope, before packing it away. Chase gave the two new arrivals a (slightly awkward) smile at the attention. "I'm Chase, from Kindness. We probably don't have much time before things really get going, though, so let's hurry just in case."

Emmerlaus
2016-09-20, 08:56 PM
" I am Adeola, princess of the Zebras on the realm of Magic. And as I was saying, those statues represent the original elements of Harmony. If we were chose, I think its because we all have that potential within us. "

She look brieftly at the other Alicorn, smile to her and nod her head, then make sure everyone is ready...

Triskavanski
2016-09-21, 12:29 AM
Macabre blinks looking at the two equines who replaced the single pony. "Wow! There was two ponies in the one pony! I'm Maccy! From super fun land. Are you all ready to have the best time of your lives? Discords game is super neato fun to die for!" he remarks happily.

igordragonian
2016-09-21, 01:06 AM
"To die for...." Sweet Echoe snored with laughter.
"Ahem. But seriously- I'm going to tear this beast apart, one day..." she said grimmly.
her expriessions changed so fast- she smiled again.
"Please be patient with me, I lived among ponies who are giving everything they have, even if you just ask for cup of tea... so ro avoid bankrupting ponies, I have trained myself to steal what I need." she has explained in short the chaotic twisted logic of her realm.
"It's still so hard for me to believe, I am not the only one who against forced generosity, even harder than believing I'm meeting not les than two alicorns!"

Estralita
2016-09-21, 06:14 PM
As Double Bluff ripped open her envelope, Rashidi's ripped as well. There was no paper inside this time;instead, Discord's voice boomed from within. "And now that we have our Element of Honesty, we can get this party started! But which one is the true Element, and which one the fake?

Good luck, everypony. Best be on your way now."

Once the message finished, the envelopes crumbled into dust.

Lord Of Mantas
2016-09-21, 08:29 PM
Rashidi

Rashidi furrowed his brow, Discord's message clearly having put him on edge.

"What irony, my friends, what irony!
False Honesty? What next? False gravity?"

He then looked back at the others.

"But still, 'tis best to make the most of it.
A joy to meet you all, and Echoe, fear not.
Largesse is not a thing I'd force on you,
nor any other, lest they ask for it."

"But still, the game's begun, compatriots.
So let us heed the words of Chase, and leave."

Rashidi then took stock of the immediate area one last time, looking around for anything of importance - and, more importantly, how to begin the game.

Rashidi will look around the immediate area to see what items of note there are, particularly places that look like they might lead to the rest of the game.

Perception (if applicable): [roll0]

Huh. Apparently I pass all easy perception tests by default.

Inspector Valin
2016-09-22, 05:01 AM
Rashidi

Rashidi furrowed his brow, Discord's message clearly having put him on edge.

"What irony, my friends, what irony!
False Honesty? What next? False gravity?"

"Ahm right there wit' ya, stripey. Trust Discord ta try and make Honesty hard ta trust."

Bluff scowls at Discord's words, but looks sympathetically towards Rashidi once he speaks up. They're both in the same boat after all. As the zebra surveys the room, the Earth Pony walks over to the coal mare from earlier. "Say, Ms. Anthracite. Yew look like some kinda soldier pony, right?" With a confident grin, the lawyer produces a money pouch from her jacket pocket. "Ten fine Honest gold bits say ah can kick more flank than yew in the game. Whadaya say?"

Emmerlaus
2016-09-22, 12:01 PM
" I dont think its the right time to gamble... but Im not gonna stop you guys. Since Discord could be anywhere, dont tell any secrets that you dont want him to here now that the game have started. But that doesnt mean we cant get to know each other better. Princess Chase, can you tell me more about the royalty of your realm? I must admit, Im fairly curious..."

Rysto
2016-09-22, 12:34 PM
"Ten fine Honest gold bits say ah can kick more flank than yew in the game. Whadaya say?"

Anthracite drew herself up to her full height, snorting angrily. "Excuse me? I'll have you know that I've spent the past three years protecting my home from some of the worth threats Discord could manage: teenaged dragons who'd acquired a taste for meat, Diamond Dogs looking to take our wealth for their own, Discordians looking to conquer us... Tell me, civilian, what makes you so sure that you will fight better than I?"

" I dont think its the right time to gamble... but Im not gonna stop you guys.

When Adeola spoke up, Anthracite took a deep breath and closed her eyes for a moment. When she reopened them, they were no longer flashing with anger. "She is right, of course. My only goal here is to defeat Discord by whatever means, be it these Elements of Harmony or some other way. I am afraid that I must decline your wager. Not because I have any doubts as to my prowess in battle, but because I do not want anything to distract me from achieving my objective.

Looking around, they appeared to be in an enclosed garden of some sort, with stone walls, cheerful looking flowers, and an adorable white cottage to the side.

Having responded to the offer, Anthracite took off and began to fly carefully towards the cottage, being sure to keep at least a head above the ground, to avoid triggering any traps. Once she's reached the cottage's exterior, she inspects its outside and peers in any open windows.

Investigation: [roll0]

Inspector Valin
2016-09-22, 01:52 PM
Anthracite drew herself up to her full height, snorting angrily. "Excuse me? I'll have you know that I've spent the past three years protecting my home from some of the worth threats Discord could manage: teenaged dragons who'd acquired a taste for meat, Diamond Dogs looking to take our wealth for their own, Discordians looking to conquer us... Tell me, civilian, what makes you so sure that you will fight better than I?"

"What makes yew so sure ah can't?!" Now it's Bluff's turn to look outraged and angry. She draws herself up, looking fairly imposing in her turn considering she lacked the Pegasus' muscle. And pointy swords. "Yew literally jus' met me an know nutin' about me. 'sit really so far out there ta think somepony who don't clank all day..."

When Adeola spoke up, Anthracite took a deep breath and closed her eyes for a moment. When she reopened them, they were no longer flashing with anger. "She is right, of course. My only goal here is to defeat Discord by whatever means, be it these Elements of Harmony or some other way. I am afraid that I must decline your wager. Not because I have any doubts as to my prowess in battle, but because I do not want anything to distract me from achieving my objective.

Bluff had also gone quiet at Adeola's interruption. Once Anthracite was done, the Earth Pony nods, bowing her head. She frowns, apologetically. "Yer right. Sorry, sorry, Citey. Ah was... trying ta be friendly. We used ta do it in the Abby alla time. Challenge each other ta this an' that, everypony tryin' ta make 'emselves better through competition. It was fun. Guess ya don' always know whats gonna set somepony else off though, huh?"

She's silent for a second, before putting the pouch back in her saddlebag. Turning back to the Pegasus, Bluff grins, "Hows about ah just agree ta buy you a mug of cider once we kick Discord's tail?" The lawyer smiles a little desperately, hoping that the other mare wouldn't take this as badly as her first suggestion. "Call it sommit for me ta look forward to? A drink in good company?"

Rysto
2016-09-22, 02:38 PM
"Yer right. Sorry, sorry, Citey. Ah was... trying ta be friendly. We used ta do it in the Abby alla time. Challenge each other ta this an' that, everypony tryin' ta make 'emselves better through competition. It was fun. Guess ya don' always know whats gonna set somepony else off though, huh?"
"Ah, I understand your intentions better now. Yes, in the right time and place, a bit of friendly competition can be welcome. However, we are now very far from the comfort and safety of home. We are in hostile territory here, and on the battlefield it is best if you keep only your mission in mind. Once we're off the battlefield, though ... I'll look forward to that drink.

Anthracite turns to fly off to the cottage, but pauses. "I suppose I owe you an apology for my temper. My special talent, you see, is fighting Discord's followers and protecting the innocent. It has been my dream to take the fight directly to him ever since I was twelve, when my brother was murdered by the foul spawn of Chaos. I feel as though I have been training and working most of my life for this moment, and I took your wager to mean that you felt you could out-do me at my own talent quite easily. I am sorry that I jumped to a conclusion and reacted so poorly."

Triskavanski
2016-09-22, 02:42 PM
"Oh yay!" the stallion says clapping his hooves glancing between the two elements of honesty "One is fake the other real, Only through time shall it reveal! Flip a coin tail or head, to see who will murder us in our bed!" Macabre giggled, pulling out a bit and flipping it in the air, catching it and looking to see what side it lands on. "Wait.. which side is who though? Oh well no matter, the coin would only spoil the surprise!"

Slipping it away and carrying his bag with him, he happily follows the rest.

Inspector Valin
2016-09-22, 03:12 PM
"Ah, I understand your intentions better now. Yes, in the right time and place, a bit of friendly competition can be welcome. However, we are now very far from the comfort and safety of home. We are in hostile territory here, and on the battlefield it is best if you keep only your mission in mind. Once we're off the battlefield, though ... I'll look forward to that drink.

Anthracite turns to fly off to the cottage, but pauses. "I suppose I owe you an apology for my temper. My special talent, you see, is fighting Discord's followers and protecting the innocent. It has been my dream to take the fight directly to him ever since I was twelve, when my brother was murdered by the foul spawn of Chaos. I feel as though I have been training and working most of my life for this moment, and I took your wager to mean that you felt you could out-do me at my own talent quite easily. I am sorry that I jumped to a conclusion and reacted so poorly."

The lawyer nods at the story, smile fading to a respectful frown. She's heard stories of the kind before. More than a few young bucks and mares back home would've wantedthis chance, just like Anthracite did. "With ya. And don' worry about it. Everypony's tense... 'cept possibly Maccy. If anything, fault's with me fer runnin mah mouth."

Bluff gestures to her own flank, and her shield mark with the strange misshapen star. "Mah talent ain't faightin, at least, not exactly. 's a bit more abstract. Defending ponies and thinkin' about stuff. But ah've had combat trainin'. Grew up inna wilderness, we all did. Maight be a leetle rusty at firs', but ah'll do mah best to keep up with ya. Ah wanna win this too." From somewhere the lawyer pony manages to produce a fairly sizeable looking quarterstaff. She twirls it through the air once before resting it upon her back and beginning to trot towards the cottage with the rest.

"Oh yay!" the stallion says clapping his hooves glancing between the two elements of honesty "One is fake the other real, Only through time shall it reveal! Flip a coin tail or head, to see who will murder us in our bed!" Macabre giggled, pulling out a bit and flipping it in the air, catching it and looking to see what side it lands on. "Wait.. which side is who though? Oh well no matter, the coin would only spoil the surprise!"

Slipping it away and carrying his bag with him, he happily follows the rest.

Bluff, trotting slowly, falls swiftly into step with the stallion. She meets the pony's gaze with a grin worthy of back home. "Say, Maccy, you ever hear of the shell game? Take a bit, put it under a shell, somepony shuffles it then you have to guess where the shell is?"

igordragonian
2016-09-24, 06:21 PM
Sweet Echoe, just smiled with happiness, to be ponies who weren't generosity sick.
She perked her ears, and squeaked, trying to look for.. something.

[roll0]+4

2016-09-24, 06:53 PM
" I dont think its the right time to gamble... but Im not gonna stop you guys. Since Discord could be anywhere, dont tell any secrets that you dont want him to here now that the game have started. But that doesnt mean we cant get to know each other better. Princess Chase, can you tell me more about the royalty of your realm? I must admit, Im fairly curious..."

"There isn't exactly...royalty, in the traditional sense. Officially, the realm of Kindness has long since shifted towards a sort of leaderless society, where everypony is equal; everypony does their best to contribute to society, trade is mostly barter-based, and disagreements are rare and relatively contained. My understanding is that the concept of alicorn royalty kind of went up in the air when Discord started messing around with things, gifting wings and horns to various ponies for his own amusement. There's not a ton of alicorns wandering around, but there's at least one alicorn lookalike in every town, and there's rumors that more than a few real alicorns are roaming the Realm transfigured into some other kind of pony form by Discord's magic."

"Now, while there isn't really an official government, there is a sort-of upper class, in that some ponies words carry more weight in their town, and often these community figures will gather to settle disagreements, or discuss if certain things should be allowed in the society. They actually made a recent decision that candy should be 'banned' due to its rather addictive qualities. The flip side of that is that while their word is respected, it's still not exactly law; while a lot of ponies will heed the council's decision in matters like this, there isn't really any kind of enforcement of the decree. If a pony really wanted to eat candy, in the case of this particular decision, they could do so and nobody would really complain, not even one of the council members. Their decisions are more like community guidelines that nopony will really complain about if ignored; they just want to make sure ponies are aware of the risk or harm of such things."

Emmerlaus
2016-09-24, 07:04 PM
Adeola is surprised: " Then... What's the role of Alicorns in such kingdom?! Alicorns role are to lead their people, what are you doing of your days then, if you are not leading?"

Her tone is much more curious now... eager even to learn the answer. No suspicion, only slight excitement and a lot of curiosity.

2016-09-24, 07:10 PM
Adeola is surprised: " Then... What's the role of Alicorns in such kingdom?! Alicorns role are to lead their people, what are you doing of your days then, if you are not leading?"

Her tone is much more curious now... eager even to learn the answer. No suspicion, only slight excitement and a lot of curiosity.

"Nopony really has set roles, alicorns especially since it's difficult to tell who's really an alicorn and who's the result of a Discord body-mod prank. I'm more of a travelling merchant; I bring supplies to towns that are in need of something that's difficult for them to produce; occasionally, I help facilitate trade between communities that are each in need of something the other produces in abundance. I also make occasional trips out into the Wastes to assist individuals that separated away from the rest of society to try and improve it. Mostly, I help bring them food or supplies for repairing shelters from storm damage. They tend to be rather self-sufficient and proud of it, but they won't refuse help if they really need it."

Emmerlaus
2016-09-24, 07:22 PM
Adeola ponder all that she said...

" But then, in the realm of Honesty, it mean it makes no sense to be a alicorn... But on the good side, you can be whatever you want. I guess in a way, you are lucky."

She then realize what shes saying, cough, and say: " As long as you are loving your job and your place in the realm of Kindness, the rest doesnt matter I suppose. I hope we all see back our family, that include you."

2016-09-24, 07:28 PM
Adeola ponder all that she said...

" But then, in the realm of Honesty, it mean it makes no sense to be a alicorn... But on the good side, you can be whatever you want. I guess in a way, you are lucky."

She then realize what shes saying, cough, and say: " As long as you are loving your job and your place in the realm of Kindness, the rest doesnt matter I suppose. I hope we all see back our family, that include you."

Chase smiled and nodded. "I like helping people, and I hope I'll be able to get home after all of this." She doesn't bother to mention that she's never met a blood relative, nor how her 'family' doesn't want much to do with her anymore, due to a naive reveal in her teen years.

Triskavanski
2016-09-25, 05:04 AM
Bluff, trotting slowly, falls swiftly into step with the stallion. She meets the pony's gaze with a grin worthy of back home. "Say, Maccy, you ever hear of the shell game? Take a bit, put it under a shell, somepony shuffles it then you have to guess where the shell is?"

"Oh no! I haven't ever heard of a game played like that before. What about the bit though?" the stallion asks.

Inspector Valin
2016-09-25, 03:45 PM
"Yeh guess the right shell, vendor gives it back, and hands you a second bit. Guess wrong, he keeps it."

There's a bit of a gleam in Bluff's eye at that, though she isn't smiling. "Funny thing though, nopony seems to beat the vendor most of the time. No matter which shell they pick, it's never there." The pony chuckles, briefly remembering her home. "'s the easiest game to cheat at for the vendor. All he has ta do is move the shells fast enough you don't notice him push the bit inta his pocket. So many young foals fall for that trick, it's kinda silly."

Triskavanski
2016-09-25, 04:13 PM
"Oh I thought you said guess where the shell is! And I was like no, I never heard of it that way. Sometimes ponies put exploding bits in for that way. That way you'll know where it was!"

Lord Of Mantas
2016-09-25, 04:20 PM
Rashidi

Rashidi, who had heretofore been largely ignoring the conversation at hand in favor of examining his surroundings, looked over at Macabre and raised an eyebrow in concern.

"That sounds quite reckless, or worse, lethal."

igordragonian
2016-09-25, 06:02 PM
"Hmm.. and, yet- it sound exciting!"

Emmerlaus
2016-09-25, 06:15 PM
"Hmm.. and, yet- it sound exciting!"

" Miss Echo, Mister Rashidi, did you found something? You both being looking around a bit. And that makes me think... how do you guys wanna organize this party of us? Should one of us take the lead? "

Estralita
2016-09-25, 06:56 PM
Rashidi sees that the seen to be in an enclosed garden with high stone walls. Above the Ponies were misty grey clouds blocking and sort of sunlught. The Ponies had been arranged in a circle around a plain stone fountain that didn'the seem to be working. Right behind them were statues of ponies, all young adult mares. Rashidi counted 2 Earth Ponies, 2 unicorn, two pegasi, and no zebras.

Surrounding the group was a ridgidly manicured garden with daisies, roses, marigolds and other such flowers arranged in rows. The only signs of mess were the blue moss creeping over the walls, and the Discord topiarit's that dotted the grounds.

On one side of the enclosure stood a freshly painted white cottage, with adorable brown shutters. There was nothing threatening obvious about it.

Rashidi saw no movement in the area, except the chosen ponies.

Upon approaching the windows, Anthracite sees that all of them have their shutters tightly closed. On closers examination, one shutter had "Nice Try" scratched into the frame.

It sure was an enclosed garden. No one seemed inclined to attack, at least.

Rysto
2016-09-25, 07:28 PM
"I may have found something here," Anthracite called. "Discord left us a little message here on this shutter: 'Nice try.' He seemed to think that we'd be interested in what's in this cottage, and he didn't want us to just look inside and see it. Somebody want to come over and watch my back and help me search inside?" While she wanted for one of her companions to back her up, she flew to the front door and examined it for booby traps.

Can Anthracite see signs on a trap on the front door?

Investigate: [roll0]

Estralita
2016-09-25, 07:57 PM
There is a sight on the porch that reads "Caution! Wet Paint!"

Triskavanski
2016-09-25, 08:28 PM
"Sure! There is probally a witch that will turn us into gingerbread ponies and devour us in there. But We'll be delicous!" Macabre says, happily bouncing towards the cottage and Anthracite

Rysto
2016-09-25, 08:38 PM
Anthracite waits for Macabre to catch up. Once he's made it to the front door of the cottage, she'll attempt to open the door to the cottage. If it can't be opened, she'll attempt to buck it open.

Athletics (to buck the door, if necessary): [roll0]

Lord Of Mantas
2016-09-25, 09:13 PM
Rashidi

" Miss Echo, Mister Rashidi, did you found something? You both being looking around a bit. And that makes me think... how do you guys wanna organize this party of us? Should one of us take the lead? "

Rashidi turned to Adeola, and replied,

"Four walls I see, to heaven stretched above,
and clouds of grey to block the sun thereof.
The garden's well-maintained, save for the moss,
the color of which I would feel no loss.
And lastly do I see that lovely house,
which hath no movement - save for you and me."

At 'you', he swept his hoof out to indicate the group in general. At her query of party order, he scratched his chin in thought.

"At front and back those with sharp eyes should go,
so that we may look out for any traps.
I nominate myself for one of those,
as I have sharp eyes, and am quite well armored.
I have no other thoughts upon our order,
save for a combat leader to elect,
whether by choice or lot. We cannot think
to simply do our own thing and prevail."

His piece said, Rashidi ambled on over to the cottage alongside Macabre and Anthracite, and attempted to help investigate as best he could.

Which isn't much.

2016-09-25, 09:17 PM
Chase takes a quick glance over the house, looking for any obvious traps or dangers.

Perception: [roll0]
Investigation: [roll1]

Inspector Valin
2016-09-26, 12:59 AM
Bluff nods at Rashidi's proposal. "Ah'll go at th' front. Mah eyes're pretty sharp. As fer leader..."

The legal pony trots to the forefront, taking a closer look at the door herself while still talking to her new zebra friend. "Ah ain't got a firm view. Mah gut says either you Rish, or Citey. Yeh seem like the two of us with the most time in the ring as it were."

Go go Feats! Bluff essentially takes 15 on passive Perception and Investigation checks thanks to hers.
So, Perception 18 and Investigation 19 for signs of traps on that door before Citey bucks it down. :smallbiggrin:

Estralita
2016-09-26, 01:03 AM
Anthracite tried the doorknob, but it refused to turn. Giving it a sharp buck similarly had no effect, but as Anthracite attempted to pull back her hooves,she found a surprising amount of resistance, like she was glued to the door.

Make an Athletics Check to break free.

Well, there were no spikes coming out of the steps, or acid dripping down. But there was the wet white paint that covered about everything except the door knob and doorbell, which almost shined in the gloom.

Rysto
2016-09-26, 07:44 AM
Anthracite stared in disbelief at her stuck hooves. "Wet paint, she muttered. "I suppose Discord thinks this is funny?" Surveying her situation, she quickly realized that her front hooves weren't in a very good position to pull her free, but thankfully she had a strong pair of wings that were unencumbered. With several powerful flaps she did her best to wrestle herself free.

Athletics: [roll0]

2016-09-26, 07:53 AM
"Anthracite, I think you should avoid touching the paint. I'm probably just a bit paranoid, but I think it might be prudent to take the warning seriously. I can't think of a way to make paint a deadly booby trap, but I'm sure Discord could think of a couple. Who knows, maybe the warning sign is just attempting to make us overly cautious about regular paint."

"...or just kick the door down, that works too."

Inspector Valin
2016-09-26, 08:04 AM
Bluff can't quite resist a grin at Anthracite's predicament. She glances back to Macabre with an upraised eyebrow, as though she was pondering something. With a careful flick of her tail, the golden maned lawyer rings the doorbell, before offering her over enthusiastic friend a hoof. "C'mere, Citey. We'll get ya free soon enuff."

DM, can Bluff Help Anthracite to give her advantage on that Athletics check?

Emmerlaus
2016-09-26, 01:15 PM
The alicorn zebra pondered what to do.. she finally turned to Sweet Echo next to her:

" Miss Echo, could you fly above and see if their is a living soul outside of this enclosed garden? I believe maybe a outsider point of view could maybe help us in our predicament. "

igordragonian
2016-09-26, 06:21 PM
Sweet Echoe was caught off, day dreaming.
Feeling at ease, without fear of others forcing her to take their stuff.

"Huh? What? Ehh.. sure."

She took a flight up, using her eyes and listening

Investigation (if fit)

[roll0]+4

or perception
[roll1]+2

Emmerlaus
2016-09-26, 07:37 PM
Sweet Echoe was caught off, day dreaming.
Feeling at ease, without fear of others forcing her to take their stuff.

"Huh? What? Ehh.. sure."

She took a flight up, using her eyes and listening

Investigation (if fit)

[roll0]+4

or perception
[roll1]+2

As Echo flies off, she Wonder what she should do herself... Turning back to the statues, she take off her own ... trinket Discord gave her and try to make it connect with the statue of Twilight Sparkle and see if it create a reaction.

Estralita
2016-09-27, 09:47 PM
Double Bluff, seeing Anthracite was just out of reach of her hooves, tried a different tactic. Stretching herself as much as she could without falling onto the sticky paint, Double Bluff used her tail to ring the doorbell.

Instead of a chime, Discord's laugh echoed for a few seconds. Then, suddenly, the tumblers clicked behind the door, and it flung open. Good for the group as a whole, bad for Anthracite, who found her self hurling towards another sticky wall...

One more Athletics check to avoid getting smashed into a wall.

Sweet Echoe, flying straight up, strained her ears and eyes for signs of life. But all she heard was the sound of air rushing by, and all she saw was more mist. As she flew, Sweet Echoe became aware of a strange sensation of dizziness that she couldn't place until she broke though the mist and found herself flying straight towards the ground...

Acrobatics check to avoid crashing

Holding the element up to the statue causes a point above the pony's head to glow briefly, before coughing out.

Triskavanski
2016-09-28, 10:02 AM
Macabre watches with amusement as the two mess with the sticky door. "Maybe if we covered her with mud, it could help to work off the sticky.. Or vinegar!"

igordragonian
2016-09-29, 09:43 AM
Sweet Echoe looked around when she was about to go tell the others that she has found nothing, when she found herself flying toward the ground

"Dear Luna!" she yelled, trying to manuver, and avoid the ground flying again up(?)

Emmerlaus
2016-09-30, 04:36 AM
" I think I discovered something everyone! The statues, they... WO! "

She then realize Sweet Echo situation. She pray for her to recover as she watch her manoeover safely to the ground...

Estralita
2016-09-30, 06:33 PM
Sweet Echoe was surprised, but was able to pull up in time to avoid plowing into the ground.

Anthracite's face brushed against the paint of the wall, but she was able to jerk away before becoming stuck again.

Inside the house, the ponies could see a foyer with at least one door, but no other ponies, and no Discord.

Rysto
2016-09-30, 07:00 PM
Anthracite stayed airborne and gingerly touched a back hoof to the ground, testing if enough glue remained on her hooves to stick her to the ground. "Best not to take the chance, " she decided, and flew back to the fountain to wash off.

As she did her best to rid her hooves of the last of the glue, she said to Adeola, "What was that you were saying about the statues?"

Estralita
2016-09-30, 07:21 PM
Unfortunately, the fountain appears to be broken, as no water flows, and the inside is dry.

Emmerlaus
2016-09-30, 08:05 PM
Anthracite stayed airborne and gingerly touched a back hoof to the ground, testing if enough glue remained on her hooves to stick her to the ground. "Best not to take the chance, " she decided, and flew back to the fountain to wash off.

As she did her best to rid her hooves of the last of the glue, she said to Adeola, "What was that you were saying about the statues?"

After Adeola make sure Sweet Echo is ok, she say: " The stone fragments Discord game use is resonnating with each statues. Remember the status you appeared close to? That should be the statue related to your element of harmony. Well I believe something might happen if we make them all resonate at the same time. Its only a theory but it might be worth trying. "

Rysto
2016-09-30, 08:22 PM
"Interesting. Let me see to my hooves, and then I think that we should try that."

Anthracite flew up into lowest level of the mist and attempted to coalesce it into a cloud, so she could generate some rain.

Using my Pegasus "Weathercraft" trait to try to form a cloud and make rain from it.

Also, are my hooves even sticky? Feel free to tell me if I'm wasting my time here. :)

Lord Of Mantas
2016-10-01, 07:12 PM
Rashidi

Rashidi scratched his chin as he considered Adeola's words, then nodded his assent.

"I see no harm in trying such a thing.
Double Bluff, come, and join me at Her side."

Walking over to Applejack's statue, Rashidi fished out his fragment, and waited for the signal.

Triskavanski
2016-10-02, 03:00 AM
Okie Dokie! Macabre says, hopping along to his statue.

2016-10-02, 05:38 AM
"Wouldn't hurt to try, I suppose," Chase says, flapping her way over.

igordragonian
2016-10-04, 05:05 PM
Sweet Echoe gasped for air.
""Don't fly too high, you might end up on the ground...' she has warned the others.
I hate Discord so much...' she grumbled, and followed the others

Emmerlaus
2016-10-05, 12:12 AM
" Alright, all in the same time... Let's see if it work! "

Estralita
2016-10-05, 02:12 AM
As the ponies held up the shards, the statues seemed to respond. On all of the statues except Twilight, a small light blinked into existence right at the neck. And above Twilight, the same light from before hovered above them all, shining with the raw power of friendship, and Harmony...

But only for a moment. You all see the lights blinking and struggling to stay lit, before they wink out. But right when they do so, the ponies get a brief glimpse of... something

Sweet Echoe sees a mountain, made entirely of platinum, and studded with jewels.

Rashidi sees a temple, with ponies coming in and out and a clear pool of water behind

Double Bluff sees a festival of some sort, featuring ponies milling around enjoying the activities

Chase sees a harsh and barren volcanic landscape.

Anthracite sees a jungle, with wild tangled vines covering everything

Macabre sees thousands of balls of all colors and shapes bouncing

Adeola experiences a bit of disorientation, as she sees the current scene from outside her body.

Perception checks to see if you notice any more details.

Triskavanski
2016-10-05, 02:33 AM
Balls! Thousands and thousands of Balls, Everywhere!

[roll0]

igordragonian
2016-10-05, 02:55 AM
Sweet Echoe gasped, and drolled

"There is enough for everypony! I could make everypony rich, and stop needing generosity from each other!"

2016-10-05, 06:04 AM
"Hmm..."

Lord Of Mantas
2016-10-06, 01:03 AM
Rashidi

Rashidi said nothing, but kept his eyes peeled.

Estralita
2016-10-09, 04:50 PM
Nothing new.

After a moment, Adeola notices that in addition to seeing the whole group, she was positioned so the house was directly in her line of sight

Through the millions of boucing balls, which,never seemed to slow down or stop, Macabre glimpsed a tan pony, running and tumbling through

Among the hundreds of ponies and non-ponies, Double Bluff glimpses Discord himself (with a fake looking mustache) cheerfully running a shell game, with a large line waiting to try their luck. He cheerfully hands the current player their winnings, and almost seems to wink at Double Bluff, even though she wasn't there in person.

igordragonian
2016-10-09, 05:04 PM
"Hey everypony, help me carry all those valuables!" Sweet Echoe squeaked with an excitment.

Lord Of Mantas
2016-10-09, 08:45 PM
Rashidi

Rashidi looked to Sweet Echoe.

"What valuables? For there are none where I stand.
A temple's in my sights... A crowd in front of it.

...is this an illusion, or something more? Hrm."

Emmerlaus
2016-10-09, 08:53 PM
" Are you all out of it? Are you back here with us? "

Saying so, she look around and locate where she was in her vision. She fly there then say: " I was seeing all of us from right there."

She look at the house, trying to get enlightement as to why she had that vision.

Triskavanski
2016-10-09, 09:56 PM
There was a tan pony in the balls!" Macabre says giggling looking toward where he saw it running towards, trying to 'follow' it happily bouncing along.

2016-10-09, 10:10 PM
"Weird." Chase says nothing more about the illusion (vision?) before her, for there is nothing to say or comment on.

igordragonian
2016-10-10, 12:23 AM
Sweet Echoe frowned, and stomped.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

she stomped enraged

"Curse you Discord the Draconequus!!! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXwPrN5xnTc)"

Estralita
2016-10-11, 01:48 PM
The visions definitively winked out, and the ponies were left standing in the same place they were before. In response to Sweet Echoe's outburst, Discord's laugh rang out.

Rysto
2016-10-11, 02:17 PM
"I do not understand. I saw a jungle, but I cannot think of what that might mean. Did anypony seen anything that might shed light on what we should do next? If not, I think we should search the inside of that cottage. Discord put up that trap for a reason."

2016-10-11, 02:40 PM
"I do not understand. I saw a jungle, but I cannot think of what that might mean. Did anypony seen anything that might shed light on what we should do next? If not, I think we should search the inside of that cottage. Discord put up that trap for a reason."

"I saw a barren wasteland, devoid of life. I am unsure as to the meaning of these visions, but I doubt they are being shown for our benefit. I think continuing our investigation of the cottage would be a good idea."

Lord Of Mantas
2016-10-11, 08:41 PM
Rashidi

Rashidi nodded.

"I see no other way forward right now.
I shall take point, and watch for traps inside."

Walking over to the cottage, Rashidi then walked inside, scanning the area as carefully as he could.

Triskavanski
2016-10-12, 12:07 AM
Macabre blinks. "I saw balls! Big Balls, little balls, bouncing to the left and to the right!" Macabre says giggling as he bounces after Rashidi. "Oh! What point are you gonna take? Needle point? Pen Point? "

Emmerlaus
2016-10-12, 02:44 AM
" Im sorry that it turned out to be nothing important. Well, time to advance I suppose. Dont worry Miss Echo, we will persevere! "

The alicorn Zebra advance in the opened cottage and try to find clues or any nasty traps laid by Discord.

Rysto
2016-10-12, 02:06 PM
Anthracite stayed close to Rashidi, ready to step in at the first sign of trouble.

igordragonian
2016-10-12, 04:53 PM
Sweet Echoe frowned and grumbled, perking her ears.

[roll0]+3

Estralita
2016-10-13, 11:36 PM
Once the group entered, the were surrounded by doors. Doors of all shapes and sizes. From the glitzy mahogany and frosted glass double doors to the left, to the door covered in gems (and a wrench, for some reason) sticking out of the floor to the mass of screen doors that covered the opposite wall like a bizarre mosaic. But doors weren't the only thing present. A clear crystal with many facets floated in the direct center of the room.

Lord Of Mantas
2016-10-13, 11:49 PM
Rashidi

Rashidi took in the sights, a frown creasing his brow.

"If I know Discord's work, caution must reign.
All of these doors are suspect; latent traps.
We all must ask: What is the pattern here?
Also, this crystal: Does it have a clue?"

And so Rashidi opted to approach the crystal first - not touching it, but sweeping it over with his eyes, and scouring his mind for his (admittedly limited) knowledge on such things.

Perception: [roll1]

2016-10-14, 12:26 AM
Chase eyed the doors, careful not to get too close to them as she made her way closer to the crystal, to assist in investigating it.

Estralita
2016-10-14, 12:47 AM
Chase sees that there are five indentations in various sizes, but all with the same basic shape, like a keyhole. On top of the crystal is an image of a large snowflake with five other tiny snowflakes being blown around. It spins gently as you examine it.

Triskavanski
2016-10-14, 10:36 AM
Macabre shakes his head as he enters in, glancing around this way and that. "No no no.. Thats not how you're suppose to do it like this.." he clears his throat,

"As with all Discord's work, caution must reign.
Which doors are trapped and which does benign
We all must ask: What is the pattern here?
Seek now the task: Let Truth become clear"
Also, this crystal: Does it have a clue?
To the mystery of whats false and whats true?
"

Rolling a hoof "See something like that."

Emmerlaus
2016-10-14, 02:16 PM
" Not all zebras speak in rhymes. Hummm... Im not sure what door should we open first or if its safe to open one at all. What do you guys think? "

Triskavanski
2016-10-14, 05:05 PM
Macabre blinks, looking confused at them. "Who said zebras speak in rhyme? That would be ridiculous. But no, death trap clues should be in rhyme, or some other confusing manner of speaking Like.."

"Three roses layed upon a bowyer
A scythe for he who cuts the flower,
A crown, a dove, a most noble race,
Thy bones lay scared on this dread place."

"The clues would be part of a tile puzzle where you have to step on the right tiles in order or you get stabbed with large metal bolts shooting from the walls" Glancing about a bit, he hums "Well, there is no rhyme nor reason, And why should it? Thus there is only one logical solution.. We pick a door at random. Like this dog bone one." Macabre says pointing at it. Then points to the crystal. "we could see if there is a dog bone in that."

Lord Of Mantas
2016-10-15, 12:11 AM
Rashidi

Rashidi blinked as Macabre laid out his rhymes, then, as he drew to a close, took the opportunity to stomp his hooves in applause, a mixture of suprise and approval on his.

"Well now, it seems that rhymes come quick to you.
'tis not a simple thing, to speak that way;
much less to improvise them on the spot.

As for the doors, I doubt that they are safe;
nor can I discern any pattern here.
And so I say: At random's fine with me."

Emmerlaus
2016-10-15, 01:04 AM
" I guess we will only have a clue once one of them is opened. Who wants the honor opening one of them? "

Lord Of Mantas
2016-10-15, 02:35 PM
Rashidi

"On point I am, and so first I shall go.
Unless another one of you'd prefer?"

Unless someone else wants to have the honor, Rashidi will pick a door at random, to be rolled for in the OOC thread.

EDIT: The dice have spoken, and Rashidi will take the door with the washing machine, inspecting it for traps before he goes through.

igordragonian
2016-10-15, 05:31 PM
"Well, no point to find any sense... so yeah. Let's just go randomly." Sweet Echoe said cheerfully

Inspector Valin
2016-10-17, 06:08 AM
Bluff has been silent for a while, hanging back. The formerly talkative lawyer pony certianly seems to have something on her mind, and just as certianly seems reluctant to share it. She glances between the doors a little absently, casting her mind back to old books in the monastery. Hard ta tell if this is a puzzle or just Discord tryin' ta keep us on edge.

[roll0] History to see if there's a pattern to the doors.

Since it's retroactive, can I use Bluff's passive perception for the vision? It's 18, which is higher than she's likely to roll. I'd also like to use her Passive Investigation of 19 on the doors if possible.

Also, YAY! Posted! At. Frecking Last! :smallbiggrin: Good to be back

Estralita
2016-10-17, 01:39 PM
The group opened the door to a face of wet laundry. As they enter, they see the room is filled with clotheslines crammed with garish clothes apparently made to fit creatures from other dimensions, withe some having ten sleeves, others had none, and a few giant sequin-covered misshapen garments that might have fit the house itself. Assuming they choose to push though, the ponies come across a very sleek and modern looking Washing machine and dryer set, although he effect was somewhat ruined by the fact that the tops of both were crammed with detergent bottles, loose dryer sheets, and mysterious vials.

Triskavanski
2016-10-17, 02:11 PM
"So.. uh.. we do discords dirty laundry?" Macabre says staring up at the thing. "I think it broke.. Maybe we should explain separating darks and lights?"

igordragonian
2016-10-17, 03:40 PM
Echoe, with disgust starting to snoop around the clothes.
"Maybe inside of a dirty sock or something, we'l find something important" she said.

[roll0]+3

Inspector Valin
2016-10-17, 04:38 PM
"This feels likea joke. Which probly means its deadly."

Bluff stares at a rather nice looking dress with a clear air of distrust. Trying to stay a step away, the Earth Pony glances over the washing machine, trying to read the settings. Was this a test? A game? A trap? Anything seems possible as the game stands.

Lord Of Mantas
2016-10-18, 12:37 AM
Rashidi

Rashidi stared at the machine and clothes in befuddlement, the gears inside his mind grinding together. Lacking anything of use to say, he instead looked around, trying to find some sort of clue or pattern.

2016-10-18, 12:57 AM
Chase took a look around, trying to see if all the hanging clothes were in need of drying...and examining the mysterious vials.

Emmerlaus
2016-10-18, 01:47 AM
Adeola enter, surprised about such a place.

" Ok, exactly what the door promised I suppose. Just wonder why this is here though. Is their a way out of this room except the one we came? "

As she say so, she look around to see anything unusual...

Rysto
2016-10-18, 11:45 AM
"Remember that crystal in the last room? The one with the five keyholes? Maybe there's a key around here somewhere". Anthracite began rummaging around in the pockets of the laundry, looking for something long and flat that might fit one of the keyholes.

Estralita
2016-10-21, 12:35 PM
Emmerlaus kind of already rolled in abstentia for Bluff. Fortunately, Em rolled really high, so Bluff caught what was hidden.

In terms of the doors, they seem designed with only randomness in mind. The only one that stands out is the Shooting Star, which sparks a bit of of Deja-Vu in Double Bluff. Something about the shape reminds her of something else she's seen recently.

Their initial search yields no results

Although the top of the machine was cluttered, Rashidi can see that the dryer only seems to have one dial:An On-Off switch. Currently, the dial is pointed at On.

He also sees an electrical cord pointing out of the back streching out into the maze of clothes...

Chase didn't know that much about these types of things, but they looked a bit like magic potions some ponies would sell at the market.

The more she peered through the layers of clothes, the more Adeola seemed to only find more clothes. In fact, as she pushed back, the size and number of clothes seemed to increase until she came across sections that were so crammed with clothes there wasn't any space between them. Almost like a wall of clothes.As she approached this wall, Adeola heard some panting, and a soft growl.

igordragonian
2016-10-22, 05:07 PM
|Bah. Tffoo..." Sweet Echoe spitted, while she shaked off a dirty sock, pulling herself out.

"I really hate Discord." she has muttered.

Emmerlaus
2016-10-22, 06:39 PM
" Their is something behind that wall of laundry! Its panting and growling! "

Lord Of Mantas
2016-10-22, 10:29 PM
Rashidi

At Adeola's words, Rashidi groaned slightly.

"Ah, fie! What luck so foul, that it is so!
The cord from which the power comes goes there.
Without it, this will not turn on." He slammed his head against the machine. "Damn it."

After a second, however, his eyes narrowed, and he drew his greatsword.

"But then again, a fight was bound to happen,
sooner or later. Best that it happens now.
By your approval, I shall slash that clothes-wall."

Pending no objections, Rashidi will start trying to slice through the thickest part of the clothes.

igordragonian
2016-10-22, 11:41 PM
"Stop!" Sweet Echoe squeaked and jumped to block Rashidi.
"You might hurt this creature! He might Discord's prisoner as much as we!"

Triskavanski
2016-10-23, 06:56 AM
Macabre blinks. "We could poke them with a stick perhaps? Oooh! Lets throw a cake for them. Andyone have a cake?"

Lord Of Mantas
2016-10-24, 08:49 AM
Rashidi

Rashidi stopped his approach at Sweet Echoe's protestations, and looked to Macabre.

"I am afraid that I do not, Macabre.
I do, however, have some trail mix."

Triskavanski
2016-10-25, 10:18 AM
Macabre shakes his head "Trail mix won't do. They just pick out the chocolate pieces and leave the raisins and peanuts."

Emmerlaus
2016-10-25, 10:34 AM
" How do we even know its sentinent or a wild beast? Someone wanna try to talk to it first? "

Somehow, she felt she needed to be the voice of reason

igordragonian
2016-10-26, 06:23 PM
"Hey! Can you hear us?" Echoe shouted toward the supposed creature.

Estralita
2016-10-26, 09:53 PM
An odd mix of a snarl and a squeak came from behind the wall of clothes.

If you wish, make a Perception check.

Lord Of Mantas
2016-10-26, 11:12 PM
Rashidi

Rashidi listened to the noise...

Estralita
2016-10-29, 12:38 PM
The squeak snarls continued to come from behind the wall, even louder.

The cacophany of squeaks sound like it is coming form multiple creatures. More than three, at least.

In addition to the squeaks, you can hear a slight crackling sound, and catch a slight whiff of smoke...

igordragonian
2016-10-29, 05:36 PM
"It doesn't sound good..." Echoe said with hesitation

Lord Of Mantas
2016-10-29, 09:53 PM
Rashidi

Rashidi frowned.

"There are at least three creatures that I hear,
and smoke's aroma permeates my nose.
We must investigate this, lest we're ambushed.
Push forward, and be on your guard, my friends."

Rashidi then grasped his greatsword once more and began carefully slicing through the clothes, attempting to make his way to the 'wall'.

igordragonian
2016-10-30, 06:14 PM
Sweet Echoe has used her Mage Hoof Cantrip to move clothes carefully

Triskavanski
2016-10-31, 04:20 AM
"Tear down the wall! Tear it down!" Macabre says happily flinging the cloth around with his mage hand spell as well, cause other ponies where a swell.

Emmerlaus
2016-10-31, 09:43 AM
Adeola wish she had that spell as well... She watch the others tearing the wall down but get herself ready. Nothing prove that thing trapped on the other side will not be hostile.

Estralita
2016-10-31, 04:25 PM
The wet clothes strength was no match for the cutting power of a greatsword. The group's teamwork quickly tore a hole through the wall.

Then, things began jumping through. Six grey balls of lint, moving like rabbits or rats. Every one of them aflame, and squealing in pain and fury. Once they were through, they started lashing out at the nearest pony...

You see, that's what happens when you don't clean out the lint trap!

Oh, and Roll Initiative!

igordragonian
2016-11-02, 06:25 PM
Sweet Echo nodded. "good idea Mr. Snuggle!" she squeaked to her hamster, she pulled her bow, and sneaked, to cover herself with laundry, preparing a sneak attack with her bow

Mask Of Wild
Cunning action
Stealth(?)
[roll0]

Rysto
2016-11-02, 07:29 PM
Anthracite's head whipped around as the squealing lint monsters flooded through the opening. She gaped for a second, but quickly recovered and drew a scimitar. "May those born of chaos feel the divine bite of my blade!"" she intoned, then flew to the nearest lint monster and attempted to slice it open with a long, sweeping blow.

Object Interaction: Draw scimitar
Bonus Action: Cast Divine Favor (+1d4 damage to every weapon attack)
Movement: Move adjacent to the nearest lint monster
Action: Attack with Scimitar
Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1] + [roll2]

Lord Of Mantas
2016-11-02, 10:49 PM
Rashidi

Applejack, guide me today in battle.

His greatsword firmly held in his teeth, Rashidi sliced at the nearest ball of lint.

Rashidi will move next to the nearest lint ball and attack, expending a use of War Priest to use an extra attack.

Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Attack 1: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Triskavanski
2016-11-03, 12:29 PM
"Fire Rodents! Fire Rodents! Blazing bright Fire Rodents.. Frodents? Fidents? Inferno Vermin? Macabre shouts prancing around the battle as he tries to figure out the name to call them, though seemingly lost in thought, some how he seems to avoid most damages.

Casting Blade Ward currently.

2016-11-05, 10:08 PM
Chase puts out a calming energy into the air, hopefully causing the lintball things...whatever they were. Hopefully cooler heads would prevail and the poor things could be extinguished. She bemoaned that her own magic was incapable of doing so, but it was what it was.

Sleep. [roll0] HP worth of creatures fall asleep, starting with the lowest HP and going up from there 'til there's no more points.

Estralita
2016-11-05, 10:31 PM
The attacks of Anthracite and Rashidi cut through the balls, but the cuts appeared oddly shallow. Anthracite's bunny squealed even more loudly at the hit of shock of divine energy, before it and the one Rashidi attacked slumped over, still burning dimly. The remaining ones spread out, flailing ineffectively at the attacking ponies.

At the continuing squeals and shouts, a slight shifting and growl can be heard behind the curtain of clothes.

Wow, the lint bunnies really have terrible dice luck. Not a one came close to hitting. And Chase's sleep hit two.

For completeness sake, I'm going to say they attacked Anthracite, Rashidi, Chase and Macabre.

You're move, guys.

Emmerlaus
2016-11-06, 06:09 PM
The Zebra princess cast Create Water to rain in the laundry on a large surface, to that the remaining fire rats who are attacking are extingued of their fire.

Triskavanski
2016-11-07, 04:07 PM
"Isn't it better now?" he asks the nearest rat "Isn't it better to be a rambunctious ravenous rageless rained rat? You just wanted to get away from the fire and stop the burn right?"

Lord Of Mantas
2016-11-07, 10:13 PM
Rashidi

Rashidi ceased his own attacks, waiting to see the outcome of dousing the lint balls.

If this attempt to stop the fire works,
then all the better that we found a way
that did not need a violent catalyst.

Estralita
2016-11-08, 01:28 AM
The squealing of the lint bunnies slowly stopped, as the fires were all put out from the rain. But once the water stopped raining down, the bunnies started whimpering again, as their lint bodies began to melt in the puddles left over...

Meanwhile, the growling on the other side ceased as the noise ceased on this side of the curtain.

Ever seen lint get wet? It kinda turns into mush. Although maybe that's just my experience.

Emmerlaus
2016-11-08, 05:30 AM
" That's Discord cruelty for you. Creating a pseudo-form of life that only can live when burning alive. "

Triskavanski
2016-11-08, 09:14 AM
Macabre frowns, shaking his head with a soft sigh. "Floods kill ponies that are on fire too." he remarks in a more serious voice "Well, they're in the forever party now"

Rysto
2016-11-08, 02:19 PM
Anthracite snorted. "Don't give them a second thought. Creatures born of Chaos are vile monsters, one and all. They exist only to disrupt Harmony and destroy those who would bring Order back to our lives. Don't mourn for them; had they killed us, they certainly would not mourn us."

Triskavanski
2016-11-08, 02:32 PM
Macabre shook his head, Perfect order was stagnate. But Perfect chaos is incapable of sustaining itself. He wasn't just going to let the critters go just because they born of chaos. There really wasn't an proof besides them being in discords game that they where chaos born.

2016-11-08, 03:33 PM
Anthracite snorted. "Don't give them a second thought. Creatures born of Chaos are vile monsters, one and all. They exist only to disrupt Harmony and destroy those who would bring Order back to our lives. Don't mourn for them; had they killed us, they certainly would not mourn us."

"A life lost is a tragedy regardless of their origin," Chase disagreed. "Besides, shouldn't we strive for the moral high ground? To be better than those arrayed against us?"

Rysto
2016-11-08, 03:50 PM
"The issue is less one of morality than it is of practicality. The soldier who mourns their fallen enemies is a soldier who will soon be overwhelmed by grief, and can no longer be effective. It is a cruel thing, but we must harden our hearts if we are to withstand hordes of Chaotic abominations that Discord is sure to throw at us, be they simple constructs like these rats or to creatures of pony-like intelligence like Changelings."

Triskavanski
2016-11-08, 04:15 PM
Macabre rolled his eyes, a solider. Always with these kinds of ponies, everything is black and white, when in reality everything was more grey. He shakes his head again, and hums. have a good time with this was going to be difficult with muddy hooves there.

igordragonian
2016-11-08, 06:07 PM
"No!" Sweet Echoe frowned. "Discord want us to be cruel and evil like him! We will do, what we must, but we can't let our hearts grow cold- that would be the real victory of discord!" she paused.
"He could turn us into marshmallow, any moment- but he choosing not to. You know why? He want us, to see betraying ourselves-turning corrupted. We HAVE to stay merciful!"

Rysto
2016-11-09, 01:49 PM
Anthracite rolled her eyes. "Civilians," she muttered. "Always so sure there's an easy answer."

Curious as to the source of the growling noise from behind the wall of wet clothes, she crept up to the hole that had been cut in it, and used her scimitar to slowly and quietly pull open a hole she could peer through.

Stealth, if necessary: [roll0]

BTW, I'm maintaining concentration on Divine Favor just in case, but the duration is only 1 minute so it won't last long.

2016-11-09, 01:52 PM
Anthracite rolled her eyes. "Civilians," she muttered. "Always so sure there's an easy answer."

Curious as to the source of the growling noise from behind the wall of wet clothes, she crept up to the hole that had been cut in it, and used her scimitar to slowly and quietly pull open a hole she could peer through.

Stealth, if necessary: [roll0]

BTW, I'm maintaining concentration on Divine Favor just in case, but the duration is only 1 minute so it won't last long.

"Funny, where I come from, violence is considered the easy, coward's way out, and rising above it and accomplishing things without force is considered the right way to do things. Sacrifice your own morals if you desire, but don't mock those of us that still believe in being at harmony with the world around us."

igordragonian
2016-11-09, 06:20 PM
"You think, trying to be a sane AND generous is easy?! Let me give you some news mister- it's not!" Sweet Echo hissed, and she hopped away trying to hide.

Mask Of Wild
Cunning action
Stealth(?)
[roll0]

Emmerlaus
2016-11-09, 07:20 PM
" Everypony, let,s not fight among ourself! I can see all sides having points but right now, we need to focus on the challenge ahead if we wanna defeat Discord. If anything, how about you tell us something you like to do? I believe if we find out things we have in common, we might be able to bond better this way! "

She is standing outside, just making sure everyone doesnt fight with each other, trying to keep the moral high for everyone and the fighting to a minimum among ourself.

Estralita
2016-11-10, 12:56 AM
Anthracite sees, amongst the barriers of wet clothes...

A huge pile of clothes! As she watches, the clothes pile rolls over, and settles into a new position. Right on top of the worn-out extension cord.

Rysto
2016-11-10, 09:49 AM
Anthracite looked through the gap and went stiff when she realized what she'd seen. Turning back to her companions, she said urgently, "We may a serious problem here. That pile of clothes there -- it just rolled over, like it were asleep or something." She shook her head. "Not important right now. The important thing is that it's now laying on a frayed extension cord. Logically, there's a serious risk of fire so we should probably watch out for the clothes being turned into ice-monsters or something. We should try to move the clothes without, uh, startling them. From a distance, if possible. Because I don't want this to turn violent if it doesn't have to any more than any of you do."

igordragonian
2016-11-10, 06:43 PM
'I could try moving them.. slowly...' Sweet Echo said. She floated and closed her eyes concertinaing. A ghastly hoof has appeared infront of her.
She tried to grab one cloth, and drag it genteelly.

Using the cantrip Mage Hoof

Lord Of Mantas
2016-11-11, 01:14 AM
Rashidi

"Everypony, let's not fight amongst ourselves! I can see all sides having points but right now, we need to focus on the challenge ahead if we wanna defeat Discord. If anything, how about you tell us something you like to do? I believe if we find out things we have in common, we might be able to bond better this way! "

Rashidi, who had largely been taken aback by the sudden arguing of the rest of the group, nodded and spoke again at Adeola's speech.

"If it will stop us fighting one another,
I am all for talk amongst ourselves."

His gaze was then caught by Anthracite and Sweet Echo's actions as they attempted to deal with the snoring clothes.

"Of course, it seems we've bigger issues now,
but here's one thing about me that I"ll share.

Despite my loyalty to Applejack,
I have never felt a love for apples.
Where fruit's concerned, I prefer strawberries,
melon, and pineapple. It's odd, I know."

Estralita
2016-11-13, 08:27 PM
The cloth moved as the invisible hoof tugged at it, but the thing as a whole stayed put. It didnt; even seem to notice that anything was happening.

Rysto
2016-11-13, 08:37 PM
"Too heavy?" Anthracite asked. "What about the extension cord? Can you move it?"

From a safe distance, Anthracite looked at the code to see if there looked to be a safe place to grip it from.

Is there a large enough section for somebody to grab it and move it? Or can we see where it plugs into the wall? Unplugging it might work. Perception: [roll0]

Estralita
2016-11-13, 08:56 PM
There is a fairly large stretch (a few feet) of cord between the hole the group had cut and the clothes thing. Unfortunately, the clothes thing completely blocks Anthracite's view of the cord after that.

Lord Of Mantas
2016-11-14, 02:13 AM
Rashidi

"There has to be something we're missing here.
The lint we passed not by force but by brains.
The same thing will likely apply here as well."

Rashidi will investigate the area to see if there are any missing pieces to this puzzle.

Triskavanski
2016-11-14, 09:47 AM
Macabre hums.. "What if we played it some music? Like a rousing maching song?"

igordragonian
2016-11-14, 04:58 PM
Sweet Echo stopped her attempts with a sigh. "What do you think Mr. Snuggle?" she has asked her hamster.
She perked her ears and looked around.

[roll0]

"If Discord involved it might even make sense to use music."

Estralita
2016-11-15, 01:55 AM
Poking through the hole, the investigating ponies saw the limp cord trailing off behind the thing. Scattered around, they saw a few random objects: a bucket, a broken mop, a laundry basket, and a stepladder.

Lord Of Mantas
2016-11-16, 02:17 AM
Rashidi

Scratching his head, Rashidi tried to puzzle out a possible avenue of (metaphorical) attack.

"We have a laundry basket here with us,
a large pile of laundry to put in it,
and lastly, a bucket and stepladder.

Take basket in hoof, place it over pile,
then place the ladder on the bucket there.
With that as a makeshift lever, we can flip it."

As far as solutions go, pretty off the wall, but at the very least I thought I could get the ball rolling. Essentially, what Rashidi's proposing is that we put the laundry basket on top of the clothes beast, then use the stepladder as a lever to try and flip it over, with the bucket acting as a fulcrum.

Rysto
2016-11-18, 02:44 PM
Anthracite, seeing that her companions were fraught with indecision, decided to take charge. "Stand back, everypony, she ordered. "I can fly and stay out of its reach, but you all should stay safely back. She then took to the air, picked up the mop handle, and prodded the clothes monster with the blunt end.

igordragonian
2016-11-19, 06:44 PM
Sweet Echo. was prepared to attack again, if and when it will go wrong.
Again.

Lord Of Mantas
2016-11-20, 12:19 AM
Rashidi

Rashidi did likewise, ready to see if Anthracite poking the pile would have any effect.

Emmerlaus
2016-11-20, 12:29 AM
The Zebra princess also prepared herself, in case a fight was unavoidable.

Estralita
2016-11-20, 11:57 AM
As Anthracite picked up the broken mop handle, it flashed briefly. The longer Anthracite held it, the more it heated up.

Anyone who wants to make a Perception check may.

Estralita
2016-11-27, 06:54 PM
Those who were paying attention saw the flash coming from the end of the handle. From where she was, Anthracite could just make out a symbol imprinted on it. A mask, maybe...

Lord Of Mantas
2016-11-28, 11:09 PM
Rashidi

Rashidi turned his attention to Anthracite.

"Your eyes look more focused than usual.
Did you see what that flash was, then?"

Rysto
2016-11-28, 11:15 PM
Anthracite yelped and dropped the mop handle. "Ouch! That's hot!"

"Your eyes look more focused than usual.
Did you see what that flash was, then?"

"I see ... a picture of a mask? But what..." She looked back at her companions in confusion, but then her eyes focused on Chase's cutie mark. "Chase, maybe you should come and look at this?"

igordragonian
2016-11-29, 06:45 PM
"Look at what?!" Echo asked, with a nosey tone.
"What did I missed?!"

2016-11-29, 09:52 PM
Chase obliges, coming over to inspect...whatever it was.

Rysto
2016-11-30, 11:17 AM
"It looks like your cutie mark is on the end of this broom handle. It became painfully hot when I touched it, but maybe it's meant for you? I'll admit, I don't entirely understand what is happening."

Lord Of Mantas
2016-12-02, 09:05 PM
Rashidi

"That seems as likely a thing as any.
Try taking the handle, Echo, and see."

Estralita
2016-12-03, 08:21 PM
Holding the stick, Chase felt it warm up pleasantly. At the top, Chase saw an image that matched her fake cutie mark, and underneath it an indentation. One that looked to be the same shape as her element shard.

Insert Element to attune.

2016-12-07, 09:29 PM
Hesitantly, Chase inserts her shard, curious to see what will happen.

Triskavanski
2016-12-07, 10:47 PM
Macabre slides up closer ot the mop head, taking the knots of cotten and humming softly as he places the entire thing on his head like an impromptu wig.

Estralita
2016-12-08, 12:37 AM
As the bit of crystal slotted neatly into the hole, the stick began humming. It shifted under hooves, but not like a transformation. More like shedding a disguise to reveal the true form underneath. The broken stick was now a scepter shining brightly with light and raw magical power. The top was a multicolored geode, with spikes of every color, while six buttons popped up along the handle. But more than any flashy transformation sequence, Chase knew deep in her bones that this item was filled with power.

Deadly Power.

Attunement is complete. I thought of this a while back, and I have to say, I'm a bit nervous now that it's happening. Best wishes, everypony.

2016-12-08, 11:07 PM
Chase frowned, and put the stick away in her pack, turning her attention back towards the problem at hand.

Lord Of Mantas
2016-12-09, 12:38 AM
Rashidi

Rashidi, normally quite composed, blinked as the mop handle transformed under the influence of Chase's element, his jaw slackening slightly...

"Well. That happened."

...and the meter completely vanishing from his speech.

"That mop handle - do you have any idea what it can do? If we can use it to make this cloth-pile move?"

2016-12-09, 12:59 PM
Rashidi

Rashidi, normally quite composed, blinked as the mop handle transformed under the influence of Chase's element, his jaw slackening slightly...

"Well. That happened."

...and the meter completely vanishing from his speech.

"That mop handle - do you have any idea what it can do? If we can use it to make this cloth-pile move?"

"I have a...a feeling of what it can do. I'm not sure how to describe it except...forceful? I think we've got a number of nonviolent solutions we can attempt before resorting to such things."

igordragonian
2016-12-10, 08:41 PM
"Looks fancy. Shouldn't we try and study it?"

Rysto
2016-12-10, 09:01 PM
"Hm, so I guess that won't be useful for the moment." Anthracite looked back at the snoring mass of clothes and the exposed wire it was laying on. "So, does any pony have any other ideas on how we can make this monster move, or should I see if I've got enough strength to push it to safety?"

2016-12-10, 09:16 PM
"Hm, so I guess that won't be useful for the moment." Anthracite looked back at the snoring mass of clothes and the exposed wire it was laying on. "So, does any pony have any other ideas on how we can make this monster move, or should I see if I've got enough strength to push it to safety?"

"If it wakes, I could try and keep it calm enough that its motions don't cause an issue with the cord, but that's about it. Give it your best shot."

Giving Anthracite a Bardic Inspiration die (d6), which they can use on a d20 roll in the next minute. Hopefully that helps.

Also, Readying an action to cast "Calm Emotions" if the pile of cloth wakes up before it's clear of the cord.

Lord Of Mantas
2016-12-10, 10:34 PM
Rashidi

Recomposing himself, Rashidi began speaking once again in his usual meter.

"I have no other ideas at this time and place.
My hooves are strong, and as such I will help."

Not sure if Taking 20 is still a thing in 5e, but if it is, Rashidi will do so on the pile of clothing for a total of 22. If Anthracite has a higher score, he'll help out instead.

Emmerlaus
2016-12-10, 10:51 PM
" Should we just ignore it and go pick a other door? Cause this one obviously dont lead anywhere..."