PDA

View Full Version : The Mummy's Mask, The Half-Dead City [IC-Interactive]

lostsole31
2016-08-22, 04:08 AM
This is page is the general RP page for our Mummy's Mask (Half-Dead City) campaign.
This is the link to the OOC page. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?498158-The-Mummy-s-Mask-The-Half-Dead-City-OOC)
This is the link to the IC page. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?498153-The-Mummy-s-Mask-The-Half-Dead-City-IC)

So, here is where the RP magic lives. Now, obviously anything which is time-sensitive or needs to be discussed IC lives there because it is absolutely intrinsic to the forward motion of the plot itself. Here is where the characters (not the players) chat to each other about ... whatever. Side comments in the middle of things still are IC. NPCs are also people that might chat to one, many, or all of you; but the last is likely only when doing general discussion, not setting up the plot.

Now, considering Delta's dealing with all manner of terrible creatures, or even good creatures that to a mortal's eyes seem terrifying - rat's a rat, celestial or not - and then a handful of spirits he has bound to him. These are lost souls. Well, I imagine he's pretty used to that ... but this one was particularly terrifying. That said, it might be something to mention IC or he might keep it to himself. Also, if you are feeling story-rific, meemaas, you can even use this space to let the DM in on multi-PC confabs for your many guys.

This thread won't use my Interactive quite as much as normal, simply because among seven main characters, there are only two players, five of whom are controlled by one player, and another not-quite-cohort/servant of gratitude NPC. Now, here is the formula so Wall-of-Text doesn't appear here, and they are always in Spoilers.
Yup, it's really that simple.
So, as an example, Delta wants to say something to Paxre, and this thread is used because it might not have anything to do with the real plot (but still might become important later). It is also to denote retcons (within reason). So, let's say meemaas' character Delta wants to ask Paxre something. In a post, meemaas woud write this.
"Paxre, there is a strange effect that occurs when I am near you, and doubled ... tripled in intensity once the link was established," said Delta. "I will admit that it is dark and discomfiting."
Then, PSinger might respond in a post:
"Is there question in there somewhere?" Paxre asked with no sense of sarcasm at all, which is quite against what one would expect for irony, and likely confused as insult by most, anyway.
Of course, since specific persons are talking to another (in a one-on-one), narration isn't even necessary and you can just "talk in character" with the proper color.

Blackhawk101
2016-08-27, 07:37 PM
I am good to go

Firegod009
2016-08-27, 08:37 PM
If you could so kind as to lay down the rules for this humble noob...Beyond that, I'm pretty much ready myself

lostsole31
2016-08-28, 09:33 PM
Fire-Noob Super-Zero (et. al.), post #1 of this thread is updated with how this page works ...

Firegod009
2016-08-28, 11:11 PM
Thanks bud. Seems simple enough, so I should be able to pick up on it right away.

BuckGodot
2016-09-16, 02:27 AM
Nanai will cross to Soulsinger extending a gloved hand. It is well to see you, my friend. After clasping forearms, he turns and to Alahazra The honor is mine, Prophetess. I hope that we will have time to exchange views on several topics for I believe that knowlege shared is knowlege well used and knowlege kept is knowlege feared. We may come to help each other to understand our differences better. He smiles and turns back to the group. And any who have questions of me are free to ask. I am an open book.
He prepares to make his descent.

lostsole31
2016-09-16, 02:45 AM
As a reminder, please see Post #1 on how to use this thread appropriately (with spoilers and the like).