PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Cat

bugmenot
2016-08-22, 06:34 AM
I'm looking for classes in any version (or clone) of D&D that reflects the abilities of Kitty Pride aka Shadowcat. Suggestions?

Pilo
2016-08-22, 07:02 AM
The spirit shaman from 3.5 can become incorporeal a few time a day, it is not much but I think it is a start.

Eldan
2016-08-22, 07:10 AM
For the closest version, you'd probably need the Ghost Form spell. That's quite high level, though, level 7 from what I remember. Otherwise, I suspect a shadow hand swordsage or Telflammar shadowlord build is probably quite fitting.

weckar
2016-08-22, 08:08 AM
Earth Dreamer has at-will earth glide...

LibraryOgre
2016-08-22, 01:22 PM
Might be able to hack it as a Warlock invocation.

Hunter Noventa
2016-08-22, 01:45 PM
Might be able to hack it as a Warlock invocation.

Certainly would be more useful than Dark Discorporation.

Segev
2016-08-22, 03:44 PM
Incorporeality is a powerful ability. Depending on the level you want it at, you could get it by playing a ghost (+4 LA template, IIRC). Or you could go for Psion Uncarnate (not a GOOD PrC, but it does get you incorporeality).

A rogue maxing out stealth and escape artist could fake it pretty well, until you got good enough to use epic escape artist (which eventually lets you do things like slip through walls of force).

Demidos
2016-08-25, 10:58 PM
The above work.....

...ooooor you could just take the first level of the ghost savage species monster class.

And be done.

You could take extra levels of ghost as desired or go into monk or rogue for the rest.

NNescio
2016-08-26, 12:50 AM
The above work.....

...ooooor you could just take the first level of the ghost savage species monster class.

And be done.

You could take extra levels of ghost as desired or go into monk or rogue for the rest.

You can't multiclass out of savage species 'monster class' until you have taken all the levels in the monster class (Savage Species pg. 152).

Inevitability
2016-08-26, 08:27 AM
You can't multiclass out of savage species 'monster class' until you have taken all the levels in the monster class (Savage Species pg. 152).

The ghost 'class', however, is a savage progression, which explicitly allows multiclassing out.

inuyasha
2016-08-26, 03:08 PM
I second the Uncarnate PrC, the Pathfinder version's pretty nice if you're allowed to use it.