PDA

View Full Version : Ranger / Fighter / Rogue Multiclass Questions

Mordrigar
2016-08-22, 06:54 AM
Hello Playgrounders. I am about to start a campaign as level 5 character and I started to plan my build.

I think about Variant Human Deep Stalker 5 / Battlemaster 3 / Assassin 3

V.Human Feat: Crossbow Expert
Ranger level 4 Feat: Sharpshooter

First question: I missed 2 feats/ASI for this. I could get Ranger 5 /Fighter 4/ Rogue 4 for two ASI. Is it too late?

Also If I understand correctly, I can use double hand crossbows on each hand and I won't need free hand to releod them. Because feat removes their ammo property. So asl long as I have bolts I can fire my crossbows.

I have a questtion about this. on PHB Chp 9, it says "light melee weapon" for two weapon fighting. Hand Crossbows are not melee weapons. But crossbow expert says you can attack with loaded handcrossbow that I hold. Is it same thing as two weapon fighting?

I have Extra Attack from Ranger 5 and Deep Stalker gives another extra attack. But I'm not sure it stacks. I need clarification on this.

Lastly, is it possible to act like this:

On round 1, before anybody else I act first, thus all my attacks have advantage.
I use Attack Action and have one extra attack (or 2, if Deep Stalker ability stacks with extra attack) it also have sneak attack damage
Then as a bonus action I attack again with my off-hand crossbow (if it is possible)
Then I use action surge and attack twice or (3 times) again. (I assume I don't get sneak attack damage again)
I move with my action and use bonus action to hide.

Now I'm hidden and unless I'm spotted by enemy, all my next attacks will be critical hits.

R.Shackleford
2016-08-22, 07:30 AM
When going BM you either go the full levels of Ranger with minimal deviation or you don't go at all... the beast won't be useful except to take one hit and you will need to get a new one.

The dual Crossbows is not TWF but it is better than TWF as the off attack adds your mod without no needing a style.

Edit

Also if your DM plays by anti-fantasy rules, you need a free hand to load your handcrossbows. Keep a lot of them preloaded.