PDA

View Full Version : Making an Elder Evil.

Someguy231
2016-08-24, 09:57 AM
So, in an Oriental Adventures game I GM with a friend, we are thinking of ending the campaign with an elder evil. Now, I know that the ones from the book are already great and what not, but we had our own idea for an elder evil, and that was the Dai Oni. Pretty much, the being that created all onis and plans to destroy the world and reshape it to his own design. For stats, we were thinking of using the stats of The First Oni from the Creatures of Rokugan book for Legends of the Five rings, but getting rid of its subtypes associated with LO5R, and giving him the Elder Evil traits.

BUT... I want to hear from y'all on how to make this dude so that we can have the perfect ingredients to make this ****er before he is finalized. So, GITP forums, what do you have to offer to the table?

Inevitability
2016-08-24, 11:50 AM
Elder Evils usually aren't something you just end a campaign with, they're something you slowly notice, subtly at first but later directly, until the world basically falls apart except for a few brave PC's. I suggest carefully considering if you want the latter half of the campaign taken up by what's essentially a single quest.

Alternatively, you could just make it a 'regular' big evil monster, not an elder evil.

Someguy231
2016-08-24, 03:01 PM
Elder Evils usually aren't something you just end a campaign with, they're something you slowly notice, subtly at first but later directly, until the world basically falls apart except for a few brave PC's. I suggest carefully considering if you want the latter half of the campaign taken up by what's essentially a single quest.

Alternatively, you could just make it a 'regular' big evil monster, not an elder evil.

Well, in all honesty, the Dai Oni has been a looming evil since the beginning of the game, attacking as a BBEG for each episode of the campaign with loyal followers and aspects that have gotten stronger over time. As of now, we are discussing what the signs of impending doom should be for him. I may have it involve violence and war since a large scale war is taking place during the timeline in which the party is in, and that one of the objectives is to find the missing pieces of the Dai Oni and secure them in a safe location far from each other since the Black Temple (Followers of Dai Oni) want the pieces to bring him back together so he can have a physical body to invade the physical word with.

But yeah, if all else fails, I may have him as a super powerful BBEG instead.