PDA

View Full Version : Knights of Neraka Code of Honor

Gaelbert
2007-07-06, 05:36 PM
I'm thinking of homebrewing a Anti-Paladin class that is based off of the Dark Knights from Dragonlance. I know the knights are LE, but they seem not to behave in a typical evil way. They value trust and honesty highly, I believe. So the question is, for you Dragonlance fans out there, how could I make a code of honor like a paladin's, but for an evil knight?

ZeroNumerous
2007-07-06, 05:55 PM
Trust and honesty aren't "Good". They're "Lawful" within D&D's intepretation of the alignment.

It's entirely possible to be Evil and trust your companions. It's entirely possible to be evil and very honest. "Yes, I do intend to kill you once I know everything I need to know."

Gaelbert
2007-07-06, 08:04 PM
What I meant to say is that they are honorable in every way a paladin is, except that they follow the forces of evil. Its probably confusing if you haven't read Dragonlance.

MandibleBones
2007-07-06, 08:13 PM
The, uh, Dragonlance campaign setting has a pretty good example or two.

That being said, the Knights of Takhesis' Code was the same as the Knights of Solomnia: Est Sularus Oth Mithas - My Honor is my Life.

Things to remember in the code:

- Honor your word, even if it means your death
- Treat all with the respect due their station, even if they are an enemy
- Never surrender
- Be harsh, but fair in all things
- Honor the Queen by fulfilling Her Vision

Edit: The reason they didn't act like "evil" people in Dragonlance is that most of the other Dragonlance evil people were either NE (Araikas, Verminaard), CE (Teode, most of the Red Dragonarmy) or a very loose LE (Kit, Skie) - even the LE sought only to dominate, never willing to submit to another as the knights do.

If you're not interested in the Dragonlance campaign setting, check out the Paladin of Tyranny variant from Unearthed Arcana / SRD.