PDA

View Full Version : Shield Guardian DOs and DON'Ts

Dalebert
2016-08-24, 12:32 PM
Can you polymorph a shield guardian? It's a contstruct but I think it's still a "creature" and I don't recall specific things to say otherwise under its stats or under the spell.

If yes, then does it remain under your control? It retains its personality which is to obey the talisman-wearer which implies "yes", but then again, it kind of has no personality and some would say the strict obedience to the owner is an aspect of its form.

I'm also assuming that the sharing of any damage you take to the guardian would stop because that's a feature of it being a shield guardian and not a giant elk or whatever. Yes?

hymer
2016-08-24, 12:52 PM
Can you polymorph a shield guardian? It's a contstruct but I think it's still a "creature" and I don't recall specific things to say otherwise under its stats or under the spell.

If yes, then does it remain under your control? It retains its personality which is to obey the talisman-wearer which implies "yes", but then again, it kind of has no personality and some would say the strict obedience to the owner is an aspect of its form.

I'm also assuming that the sharing of any damage you take to the guardian would stop because that's a feature of it being a shield guardian and not a giant elk or whatever. Yes?

Well, the Bond thing is also part of the SG's stats, so technically that goes away too, I should say. You'd get a completely blank-slated thingie.
I do find it a little sad that constructs can be polymorphed with Polymorph, now that you brought it up. But I can't think of a mechanical reason why it shouldn't work.

Maxilian
2016-08-24, 02:37 PM
I personally think that it means... yes, but that also means that Wizards could "in some way or form" create life!