PDA

View Full Version : Magical Claw Enhancement Weapon Homebrew Help [3.pf]

evnaz
2016-08-24, 04:22 PM
In essence I want to make magical gauntlets or gloves that a Clawed character can use to enhance their claws to get around things like DR I was thinking about a fusion of the monk handwraps and the claws of asmodeus
My particular character is a lycanthrope so I would like something along the line of cursed handwraps that powers only works when I have my claws. 1d6 from the claws and maybe 1d6 darkness damage would work but, I've never really homebrewed before so I'd like some feedback and suggestions

mabriss lethe
2016-08-24, 04:33 PM
Try the necklace of natural weapons for starters: You can add properties to it like shadow striking (tome of magic) or metalline to allow a set of natural weapons (in this case, claws) to bypass DR.

evnaz
2016-08-24, 04:53 PM
Try the necklace of natural weapons for starters: You can add properties to it like shadow striking (tome of magic) or metalline to allow a set of natural weapons (in this case, claws) to bypass DR.

Is it selfish to want to keep my necklace slot open
I'd rather use something like claws because I figured it'd make sense for claws coated or wrapped in X would be a fair way to upgrade them without filling up an extra slot

Gruftzwerg
2016-08-24, 08:09 PM
Is it selfish to want to keep my necklace slot open
I'd rather use something like claws because I figured it'd make sense for claws coated or wrapped in X would be a fair way to upgrade them without filling up an extra slot

- "Bracers of Striking" would be another option.
or
- you could go for some Kensai (prc) lvls and imbue your fists/claws directly with the desired effects.

other optional stuff:
Beast Claws (Savage Species)
This pair of magical claw wear/glows gives your claws +2 and +1W6dmg. not the best option, but if would be that what you asked for fluff wise .