PDA

View Full Version : BaB and mithral current

Ecliptic
2016-08-26, 11:15 AM
quick question... what BaB do attacks get from maneuvers like crashing wave. it essentially reads that you move 30 feet as a free action and make a single attack against each opponent adjacent to you at any point during the movement. you get a bonus 4d6 to damage.

do you take all of those attacks at maximum BaB or does each attack decrease BaB? what if your BaB only accounts for 2 attacks, but you pass by 5 different enemies during your movement?

thanks

BowStreetRunner
2016-08-26, 11:25 AM
mithral current...crashing wave...move 3 feet as a free action...I'm not recognizing any of this, although it sounds similar to some of the Tome of Battle maneuvers.

If you are indeed talking about maneuvers from ToB, then you execute the attacks at your highest BAB unless explicitly stated otherwise. Note that for something like Steel Wind, you have to make the attacks against different opponents while Wolf Fang Strike requires you to use two different weapons and attack the same opponent. In each, both attacks are at the highest BAB, but in the second the penalty for fighting with two weapons would still apply.

ComaVision
2016-08-26, 11:27 AM
It's Path of War, though I'm not familiar with that stuff enough to actually answer the questions.

BowStreetRunner
2016-08-26, 11:30 AM
It's Path of War, though I'm not familiar with that stuff enough to actually answer the questions.

Ah, got it. That would be the Mithral Current (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/disciplines-and-maneuvers/mithral-current-maneuvers) maneuver Crashing Wake. "You move up to 30 feet and can attack each opponent adjacent to you at any point in the movement. These attacks deal +4d6 damage."

I'm not as familiar with Path of War as I am with Tome of Battle, but am pretty sure the underlying principles are the same.

Forrestfire
2016-08-26, 11:49 AM
You make each attack at your full base attack bonus. Unless you're making a full attack or using an ability that specifically says to use them, you don't take iterative penalties.