PDA

View Full Version : D&D-Overwatch two great tastes that taste great together

BladeWing81
2016-08-26, 12:25 PM
I wanna make some sub-classes based on the Overwatch characters maybe not all will be possible but at least try to make something that is not totally OP.
Genji: Rogue-Ninja
lvl 3:
Bonus proeficiencies: You may now perform Sneak attacks with a Long Sword when used with one hand and finesse weapons that have the thrown property have double range when thrown.
Shuriken: as an action you may take two range attacks as long as you are using a thrown weapon.
lvl 9:
Swift Strike: as an action you may lunge himself towards any direction up to 15 ft. if an enemy is in that path, the rogue may perform a melee attack. this action does not provoke opportunity attacks.
lvl 13:
Enhanced Agility: The rogue may move along vertical surfaces on your turn without falling during the move.
lvl 17:
Death Strike: When you attack and hit a creature that is surprised, it must take a Constitution saving throw (DC 8 + your Dexterity + your proeficiency bonus) on a failed save, double the damage of your attack against the creature

Zenyatta: Support-Monk
lvl 3:
Radiant Orbs: You Gain a ranged Spell attack that you can use with the attack action. The attack has a range of 30 ft. You are proeficient with it, and you can add your Dexterity or Strength modifiers to the attack and damage rolls. It's damage is radiant, and its damage die is a d4. this die changes as you gain Monk levels according to the Martial arts column.
When you use the attack action on your turn to use this special attack, you can spend 1 ki point to make two additional attacks with this as a bonus action.
lvl 6:
Orb of Harmony: as a bonus action you may spend 2 ki point to cast a spell that sends a healing orb of energy to you or a creature you can see up to 30 ft. that creature regains hit points equal to 1d6 + your wisdom ability modifier, this die changes as you gain Monk levels according to the Martial arts column. you may spend additional ki points to add an additional Die to the spell, one per each extra Ki point. The Maximum number of ki points (2 plus any additional points) that you can spend on this spell equals half of your monk level rounded down.
lvl 11:
Orb of Discord: as an action you can spend 2 ki points to create an Orb of Necrotic energy that can cripple a creature to up to 30 ft from you. A creature you can see must make a constitution saving throw (8 + Wisdom ability modifier + proficiency) on a failed save that creature takes 1d8 + your wisdom ability modifier of necrotic damage, and until the end of your next turn, any attack made against that creature has advantage and receives and additional 1d8 necrotic damage.
the die changes as you gain Monk levels according to the Martial arts column. you may spend additional ki points to add an additional Die to the spell, one per each extra Ki point. The Maximum number of ki points (2 plus any additional points) that you can spend on this spell equals half of your monk level rounded down.

lvl 17
Transcendence: as an action you may spend 5 ki points to cast Mass cure wounds you may spend additional ki points to improve the level of the spell for each extra Ki point. The Maximum number of ki points (5 plus any additional points) that you can spend on this spell equals half of your monk level rounded down up to 9 ki points.

I'm trying to think of other sub-classes but please send me any other ideas you have to make the other characters or to balance these two.

Ralanr
2016-08-26, 12:48 PM
Reinhardt is most definitely a paladin. Though I think Roadhog and Winstin would be barbarians (Winstin has the rage, but Roadhog has more of a barbaric feel).

Oramac
2016-08-26, 12:57 PM
Shuriken: as an action you may take two range attacks as long as you are using a thrown weapon.

I might change this to darts only to fit the theme better.

I love the idea too! Reaper is my personal favorite character in Overwatch. I'd say he's a Fighter, or maybe a ranged Monk? I'm not sure.

Ralanr
2016-08-26, 01:17 PM
I might change this to darts only to fit the theme better.

I love the idea too! Reaper is my personal favorite character in Overwatch. I'd say he's a Fighter, or maybe a ranged Monk? I'm not sure.

I think Reaper is a shadowmonk/Hunter Ranger multi class.

He has to have shadow walk, and he's been hunting Overwatch agents. I'm AFB so I can't remember all the Hunter stuff.

Favored enemies: Humans, Apes, and Omnics.

Edit: give him two hand crossbows and the crossbow master feat.

BladeWing81
2016-08-26, 02:41 PM
Reinhardt is most definitely a paladin. Though I think Roadhog and Winstin would be barbarians (Winstin has the rage, but Roadhog has more of a barbaric feel).

I would really love to see a shield-specialized Paladin. Any Ideas of the subclass design?

Ralanr
2016-08-26, 02:53 PM
I would really love to see a shield-specialized Paladin. Any Ideas of the subclass design?

Well...we already have protection paladin. So I can't say much there.

Though a paladin ranged attack spell that mirrors his rocket hammer blast could work.

Oramac
2016-08-26, 03:11 PM
Though a paladin ranged attack spell that mirrors his rocket hammer blast could work.

You mean Fire Strike (http://overwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Reinhardt)? If so, it would actually be pretty simple to just reflavor Firebolt.

NecroDancer
2016-08-26, 03:12 PM
Bastion is a fey warlock, he's surrounded by nature and can deal constant ranged damage

CantigThimble
2016-08-26, 03:46 PM
You mean Fire Strike (http://overwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Reinhardt)? If so, it would actually be pretty simple to just reflavor Firebolt.

Eh, fire bolt really doesn't match the raw power of fire strike. It does massive chunks of damage and penetrates multiple targets. I'd say a lightning bolt that does fire damage is closer to how it should work.

Edit, something like the abjurer ward would probably the best representation of reinhardt's shield.

Ralanr
2016-08-26, 04:01 PM
Eh, fire bolt really doesn't match the raw power of fire strike. It does massive chunks of damage and penetrates multiple targets. I'd say a lightning bolt that does fire damage is closer to how it should work.

Edit, something like the abjurer ward would probably the best representation of reinhardt's shield.

Actually I think there's a magic item that does it well. Animated shield I think is the name.

ES Curse
2016-08-26, 04:42 PM
Genji = Monk/Rouge
McCree = Ranger/Rouge with Hand Crossbows
Pharah = Storm Sorceror (for the flight)
Reaper = Shadow Monk/Ranger
Soldier: 76 = Fighter (can Purple Dragons heal and use ranged weapons?)
Tracer = Monk or Rouge (is there actually a way to get real teleports or are we stuck w/ disengage?)
Bastion = Druid that turns into a turret
Hanzo = Shortbow Rouge/Ranger
Junkrat = Evocation Wizard or Sorcerer
Mei = Cold Dragon Sorcerer
Torbjörn = Beastmaster ranger with a warhammer, hand crossbow, and turret companion he can place at will
Widowmaker = Assassin Rouge
D.Va = Mech as a Wild Shape?
Reinhardt = Fighter or Paladin with the protection style
Roadhog = Battlemaster Fighter (hooks are thrown weapons)
Winston = Storm Sorcerer (heavy gish build)
Zarya = Abjurer Wizard
Ana = Life Cleric (with a shortbow)
Lúcio = Cleric (focus on multitarget buffs)
Mercy = Life Cleric (too obvious)
Symmetra = Abjurer/Conjurer Wizard
Zenyatta = Monk (Multiclass to get Bestow Curse/Hex and healing)

Ralanr
2016-08-26, 06:50 PM
Genji = Monk/Rouge
Tracer = Monk or Rouge (is there actually a way to get real teleports or are we stuck w/ disengage?)
Torbjörn = Beastmaster ranger with a warhammer, hand crossbow, and turret companion he can place at will
Zarya = Abjurer Wizard

Overwatch has too many clerics.

I think Ana is a war cleric actually.

Axorfett12
2016-08-26, 07:27 PM
The Middle Finger of Vecna, a fantastic 5e homebrew blog, has got you covered. These guys have awesome stuff and just happened to post an Overwatch list a while ago.

http://www.middlefingerofvecna.com/2016/07/overwatch-d.html?m=1

BladeWing81
2016-08-26, 07:27 PM
Genji = Monk/Rouge
Zarya = Abjurer Wizard

Think more subclass rather than multiclassing