PDA

View Full Version : Choose Your Own Adventure



Cakesnizzles
2016-08-26, 03:11 PM
You wake up in a dense forest, with no idea where you are.
Around you there seems to be nothing but trees.
The land behind slopes upwards, and the land infront of you goes down.
There seems to be no changes to the left and right.

If you wish to play, select from below, your profession will affect your decisions and items you may have.
After selecting, describe your action (preferably in detail), feel free to use some of your personal knowledge.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

*EXAMPLE*
--I am a hunter, I proceed downwards from the slope keeping my eye out for anything of use, and straining my ears for any noise of water.

-- and then I tell you what happens, then you tell me what else you do and the cycle continues.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professions:

- Hunter:
*You have great survival skills.
*Your clothes provide good protection from the enviroment.
*You are carrying a medium pack. In there is a bow +5 arrows, an empty water skin, a compass, and a fire kit.

- Woodsman:
*You have good survival skills.
*Your clothes provide good protection from the enviroment.
*You have a large pack. In there is a hatchet, knife, an empty water skin, a rope, and a fire kit.

- Farmer:
*You have decent survival skills.
*Your clothes provide moderate protection from the enviroment.
*You have a large pack. In there is a pitch fork, knife, 2 days worth of dried food, full water skin, seeds, a blanket, and a fire kit.

- Soldier:
*You have poor survival skills.
*Your armor provides poor protection from the enviroment.
*You have a small pack. In there is a short sword, a shield, an empty water skin, and a blanket.

- Priest:
*You have poor survival skills.
*Your clothes provides poor protection from the enviroment.
*You have a small pack. In there is a holy symbol.
*You can cast basic healing spells.

- Animated Skeleton:
*You have poor survival skills. (eating will repair damage you sustain)
*You are unaffected by the enviroment.
*You have nothing but your bones.

Sodalite
2016-09-11, 11:15 PM
--I am an animate skeleton. It is difficult think straight, as if I were staring into a bright light or a horn was being blown into my ear, but with my thoughts rather than my senses. Still, I stumble down the slope, if only because it is simpler to walk down than to walk up.

Cakesnizzles
2016-09-15, 06:41 PM
--I am an animate skeleton. It is difficult think straight, as if I were staring into a bright light or a horn was being blown into my ear, but with my thoughts rather than my senses. Still, I stumble down the slope, if only because it is simpler to walk down than to walk up.

You walk down the slope, causing a great big raucous. Bushes, weeds, anything that you can push through, you do.

Eventually your stumbling leads you to a stream. It runs down to your left.

To your right seems to be a cave, where the water is coming from.

In front of you is the stream and more forest.

There is only one visible creature near you, a crow, who may or may not look hungry.

Sodalite
2016-09-19, 11:29 AM
You walk down the slope, causing a great big raucous. Bushes, weeds, anything that you can push through, you do.

Eventually your stumbling leads you to a stream. It runs down to your left.

To your right seems to be a cave, where the water is coming from.

In front of you is the stream and more forest.

There is only one visible creature near you, a crow, who may or may not look hungry.

Hoping the darkness will help me reorder my thoughts, I head for the cave.

Cakesnizzles
2016-09-19, 08:49 PM
Hoping the darkness will help me reorder my thoughts, I head for the cave.

The cave is dark, but oddly enough, you can see in the darkness.
The damp cool air feels great on your bones, and you seem to move a lot easier in the darkness.

Your shambling through bushes seems to have damaged you a bit; there is a crack on your femur bone.

The cave goes deeper into the earth.

Beneath your feet are bones, too many to identify as a single thing.

You spot a corpse leaning against a wall, at least you think it is dead, because a part of its face is missing. The dead body's clothing seem to be torn and useless, only the cloak seems usable still. Next to the body you also spot a broken sword.

Sodalite
2016-09-20, 02:19 PM
The cave is dark, but oddly enough, you can see in the darkness.
The damp cool air feels great on your bones, and you seem to move a lot easier in the darkness.

Your shambling through bushes seems to have damaged you a bit; there is a crack on your femur bone.

The cave goes deeper into the earth.

Beneath your feet are bones, too many to identify as a single thing.

You spot a corpse leaning against a wall, at least you think it is dead, because a part of its face is missing. The dead body's clothing seem to be torn and useless, only the cloak seems usable still. Next to the body you also spot a broken sword.

The bones worry me, something dangerous may already live in this cave. But, at the same time, it's dangerous to leave. I'll hurt myself, worse, if the light outside keeps confusing me. After tying a wad of cloth tatters around the crack in my thigh, donning the cloak, and taking the remains of the sword in hand, I decide to venture further down.

Cakesnizzles
2016-09-20, 04:27 PM
The bones worry me, something dangerous may already live in this cave. But, at the same time, it's dangerous to leave. I'll hurt myself, worse, if the light outside keeps confusing me. After tying a wad of cloth tatters around the crack in my thigh, donning the cloak, and taking the remains of the sword in hand, I decide to venture further down.

Your path leads you down into the earth, where eventually you find yourself at the entrance of a large chamber.
Stalagmites and stalactites line the floor and roof of the chamber, creating an illusion of a large monstrous mouth.

In the center of the room there lays a large campfire, three bodies roasting above the flames.
Tending the flame is a large and ugly creature. Green skinned and fat.
Its warty face grins as it takes an arm off one of the roasting body, chewing it, bones and all.

Sodalite
2016-09-20, 05:26 PM
Your path leads you down into the earth, where eventually you find yourself at the entrance of a large chamber.
Stalagmites and stalactites line the floor and roof of the chamber, creating an illusion of a large monstrous mouth.

In the center of the room there lays a large campfire, three bodies roasting above the flames.
Tending the flame is a large and ugly creature. Green skinned and fat.
Its warty face grins as it takes an arm off one of the roasting body, chewing it, bones and all.

An uncomfortable mixture of shame and fear wells up within me. This place is frightening, a home to monsters. My mind is clear enough now to feel conflicted.

When I come upon the green ogre, my fear is redoubled, but surprisingly my disgust is not. Perhaps it is my lack of stomach. Regardless, I certainly don't think I can kill it on my own. Could I sneak around it? I doubt it. I can feel my feet clack on the ground.

Doing my best to look like I know where I'm going, I enter the chamber.

Cakesnizzles
2016-09-20, 08:11 PM
An uncomfortable mixture of shame and fear wells up within me. This place is frightening, a home to monsters. My mind is clear enough now to feel conflicted.

When I come upon the green ogre, my fear is redoubled, but surprisingly my disgust is not. Perhaps it is my lack of stomach. Regardless, I certainly don't think I can kill it on my own. Could I sneak around it? I doubt it. I can feel my feet clack on the ground.

Doing my best to look like I know where I'm going, I enter the chamber.

As you slowly step into the chamber, hiding behind anything you can, you notice more piles of skeletons laying about.

Enamored in its feast, the beast does not notice you.

Nearby are pots filled with oily substances laying here and there, perhaps the fat gathered from the poor things that were eaten by this beast.

A large hut sits in the shadows, as rats run across it's surface.

Sodalite
2016-09-20, 09:20 PM
As you slowly step into the chamber, hiding behind anything you can, you notice more piles of skeletons laying about.

Enamored in its feast, the beast does not notice you.

Nearby are pots filled with oily substances laying here and there, perhaps the fat gathered from the poor things that were eaten by this beast.

A large hut sits in the shadows, as rats run across it's surface.

I feel an iota of relief as I see my intrusion goes unnoticed. I enter the hut looking for anything useful, anything I can turn into a weapon, still trying to be as stealthy as I can manage.

Cakesnizzles
2016-09-21, 11:56 AM
I feel an iota of relief as I see my intrusion goes unnoticed. I enter the hut looking for anything useful, anything I can turn into a weapon, still trying to be as stealthy as I can manage.

Slowly you creep into the large hut.
To the far left of the room you see a large pile of grass and cloth, perhaps where the beast sleeps.
There are tables and chairs piled up in a nearby corner, furniture too small for the beast to use.
Scattered around are tools you can spot; a hammer, saw, rake, and shovel.
To your immediate right, there is a broken cupboard and a table. There you see the remains of what looks to be a mortar and pestel.
Shattered glass lay here and there, but you can spot 3 bottles that have not been broken.

Sodalite
2016-09-21, 02:43 PM
Slowly you creep into the large hut.
To the far left of the room you see a large pile of grass and cloth, perhaps where the beast sleeps.
There are tables and chairs piled up in a nearby corner, furniture too small for the beast to use.
Scattered around are tools you can spot; a hammer, saw, rake, and shovel.
To your immediate right, there is a broken cupboard and a table. There you see the remains of what looks to be a mortar and pestel.
Shattered glass lay here and there, but you can spot 3 bottles that have not been broken.

Nothing too sharp, unfortunately. Still, the shovel and perhaps bottle could be useful for more practical purposes. I try to nestle a bottle on the inside of my hip or in my ribcage, grab the shovel with my remaining free hand, before leaving the hut.

Cakesnizzles
2016-09-21, 06:29 PM
Nothing too sharp, unfortunately. Still, the shovel and perhaps bottle could be useful for more practical purposes. I try to nestle a bottle on the inside of my hip or in my ribcage, grab the shovel with my remaining free hand, before leaving the hut.

The shovel feels nice and heavy in your hands as you pick it up, hitting someone with this will definitely hurt more than the broken sword, the only disadvantage may be just how unbalance it is.

The bottle fits nicely into the opening of your hips, too much movement does produce quite a noise.

As you peek out the door, you notice that the creature is still eating its food.

Sodalite
2016-09-21, 06:34 PM
The shovel feels nice and heavy in your hands as you pick it up, hitting someone with this will definitely hurt more than the broken sword, the only disadvantage may be just how unbalance it is.

The bottle fits nicely into the opening of your hips, too much movement does produce quite a noise.

As you peek out the door, you notice that the creature is still eating its food.

I wind of courage blows through, along with possibly a literal breeze. I move slowly and deliberately, angling for a decapitating strike on the beast with shovel, holding the broken blade ready to stab in case my first strike fails to kill.

Cakesnizzles
2016-09-22, 01:49 PM
I wind of courage blows through, along with possibly a literal breeze. I move slowly and deliberately, angling for a decapitating strike on the beast with shovel, holding the broken blade ready to stab in case my first strike fails to kill.

You sneak up behind the beast and hit it squarely in the back of the head, causing it to stumble forward.

Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, you charge forward with the broken blade, stabbing it into it's gut.

You stab true, beast roars in pain and anger, flailing about wildly, managing to knock you away.

One of your ribs have fallen off, but the beast is still slightly dazed, and flailing about, as blood oozes from it's stomach wound.

(Your broken blade is stabbed into the beast still)

Sodalite
2016-09-22, 04:30 PM
You sneak up behind the beast and hit it squarely in the back of the head, causing it to stumble forward.

Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, you charge forward with the broken blade, stabbing it into it's gut.

You stab true, beast roars in pain and anger, flailing about wildly, managing to knock you away.

One of your ribs have fallen off, but the beast is still slightly dazed, and flailing about, as blood oozes from it's stomach wound.

(Your broken blade is stabbed into the beast still)

Rising from the floor as quickly as I can, I settle the shovel in both hands and swing for the beasts knees, hoping to disable it, or better yet, knocking it over into the fire.

Cakesnizzles
2016-09-22, 04:38 PM
Rising from the floor as quickly as I can, I settle the shovel in both hands and swing for the beasts knees, hoping to disable it, or better yet, knocking it over into the fire.

Your shovel hits the knee of the beast, digging deep into it's bones.
In pain and weaken, the beast falls onto the flames, it's hairy body quickly catching on fire.

No longer able to stand, and now afraid, the beast tries to crawl away, all the while howling in pain. (and on fire! :smallsmile:)

Sodalite
2016-09-22, 05:22 PM
Your shovel hits the knee of the beast, digging deep into it's bones.
In pain and weaken, the beast falls onto the flames, it's hairy body quickly catching on fire.

No longer able to stand, and now afraid, the beast tries to crawl away, all the while howling in pain. (and on fire! :smallsmile:)

Emboldened by my success, and filled with an unfamiliar urge, I move to stand over the beast, and then strike at its neck.

Cakesnizzles
2016-09-22, 05:38 PM
Emboldened by my success, and filled with an unfamiliar urge, I move to stand over the beast, and then strike at its neck.

Your shovel goes through the beast's neck with ease, causing an end to the loud howling of the beast.

The beast's howls echo through the cave until they fade away.
All that's left now is the crackling of flames.

Bathed in the blood of the beast, your missing rib regrows.

The flames on the body of the beast swirls and flies into your chest and rest there, an ethereal blue flame.

Sodalite
2016-09-22, 05:55 PM
Your shovel goes through the beast's neck with ease, causing an end to the loud howling of the beast.

The beast's howls echo through the cave until they fade away.
All that's left now is the crackling of flames.

Bathed in the blood of the beast, your missing rib regrows.

The flames on the body of the beast swirls and flies into your chest and rest there, an ethereal blue flame.

I feel strange. There's a sort of warm feeling, which I suppose would be natural, but it's a deep warmth. Its almost like, a fraction of what it'd be like to be fully fleshed again. But still different.

I also feel a bit shocked. The beast was certainly no man, but even then I don't think I would have formerly thought myself a killer.

Too late now I suppose. It seems like I've got this cave to myself. The day is trouble for me now, but I still don't know whether being outside at night will be as bad.

I set about cleaning up this hovel, removing the charred bodies from the fire and placing by the cave mouth, reminding myself to give them a proper burial as soon as night falls.

Cakesnizzles
2016-09-22, 06:39 PM
I feel strange. There's a sort of warm feeling, which I suppose would be natural, but it's a deep warmth. Its almost like, a fraction of what it'd be like to be fully fleshed again. But still different.

I also feel a bit shocked. The beast was certainly no man, but even then I don't think I would have formerly thought myself a killer.

Too late now I suppose. It seems like I've got this cave to myself. The day is trouble for me now, but I still don't know whether being outside at night will be as bad.

I set about cleaning up this hovel, removing the charred bodies from the fire and placing by the cave mouth, reminding myself to give them a proper burial as soon as night falls.

You begin to clean the hovel, apparently it was dirtier than you expected, making it take more time than expected.

By the time you finish cleaning the hovel, night has fallen. With your trusty shovel you dig graves for the remaining charred bodies (2) and the one at the mouth of the cave.

With the moonlight shining on you, you feel stronger than when the sun was bearing down on you. In its light you feel peace and warmth.

Sodalite
2016-09-22, 07:19 PM
You begin to clean the hovel, apparently it was dirtier than you expected, making it take more time than expected.

By the time you finish cleaning the hovel, night has fallen. With your trusty shovel you dig graves for the remaining charred bodies (2) and the one at the mouth of the cave.

With the moonlight shining on you, you feel stronger than when the sun was bearing down on you. In its light you feel peace and warmth.

Feeling refreshed, I decide to give hunting (or rather, trapping) a go. I don't exactly feel hungry, but I noticed how my rib healed earlier. I can only hope something as mundane as, say, a rabbit, will do.

I go out, looking for any wild vegetables or berries, as well as any strong, but flexible saplings or sticks to make a trap with.

Cakesnizzles
2016-09-22, 07:34 PM
Feeling refreshed, I decide to give hunting (or rather, trapping) a go. I don't exactly feel hungry, but I noticed how my rib healed earlier. I can only hope something as mundane as, say, a rabbit, will do.

I go out, looking for any wild vegetables or berries, as well as any strong, but flexible saplings or sticks to make a trap with.

Nearby the cave you find 3 bushes of berries.
Many little saplings are growing near the stream.

You wrack your mind for the knowledge to make a trap, and find a way to. This memory though, does not feel like yours, but something from the small flame in your chest. The knowledge from the flame also lets you know that rabbits come out during dusk, and not night time; however, your trap could effectively catch other night time critters.

Sodalite
2016-09-23, 02:53 PM
Nearby the cave you find 3 bushes of berries.
Many little saplings are growing near the stream.

You wrack your mind for the knowledge to make a trap, and find a way to. This memory though, does not feel like yours, but something from the small flame in your chest. The knowledge from the flame also lets you know that rabbits come out during dusk, and not night time; however, your trap could effectively catch other night time critters.

Well, it's too late for I had in mind, but I still set up the trap. I don't know exactly creeps around here at night, but if I'm lucky, something that does will like the bait I'm setting out. Once the trap's set, I head back to the cave entrance, and if it looks like the night is young enough, I get started on patting down a path from the cave to that stream I remember from earlier.

Cakesnizzles
2016-09-26, 11:46 AM
Well, it's too late for I had in mind, but I still set up the trap. I don't know exactly creeps around here at night, but if I'm lucky, something that does will like the bait I'm setting out. Once the trap's set, I head back to the cave entrance, and if it looks like the night is young enough, I get started on patting down a path from the cave to that stream I remember from earlier.

You proceed down stream, crickets are chirping and fireflies are dancing in the air. Although you had just fought a intense battle, the world continues on as normal, undisturbed.

Your walk eventually leads you to a small bridge and a dirt path that leads to you left and right.

You have walked about 3 miles from the cave.