PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Differing (obscure) statblocks for famous creatures

Jowgen
2016-08-26, 06:07 PM
It occured to me that its interesting how Orcus has (to my knowledge) 3 different statblocks published for in 3rd edition: the BoVD version (which has casting), the Fiendish Codex I version (no casting), and lastly the Savage Tide version from dungeon mag (casting & the Last Word).

Then I mused at how pitiful the MotP version of Tiamat and Bahamut are compared to their Deities and Demigods version (mainly due to the absence of divine ranks).

Now I'm just curious: what other big name critters have had differing statblocks published for them?

Afgncaap5
2016-08-27, 12:46 AM
I might be remembering this incorrectly, but didn't Strahd have a few different stat blocks he switched between in the 3.5 Ravenloft adventure? Basically things to represent the different forms he would take and ways he would be interacting with players at any given time?

Big Fau
2016-08-27, 02:48 AM
A couple NPCs from the FRCS have different stats listed in the ELH. Elminster for certain, but I think at least two others are out there.

The really early 3.0/3.5 modules had premade stats for the "Core iconics" (Ember, Redgar, etc), and there were some differences for each (partially due to being different levels).

ShurikVch
2016-08-29, 08:10 AM
Two of Elder Evils from the book of the same name appeared before:
Worm that Walks is Kyuss from the Age of Worms;
and Zargon - in the "Return to the Lost City" (Dragon #315)