PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Lore for the Dark Tapestry?

Palanan
2016-08-26, 08:09 PM
I'll be weaving some Dark Tapestry into my campaign, but all I know about it comes from my experience as a player in Runelords.

So, is there one specific sourcebook for all things Dark Tapestry? Or is the lore scattered through various supplements and APs?

Extra Anchovies
2016-08-26, 08:25 PM
This wiki page (http://pathfinder.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Tapestry) has a number of good sources listed in the References section; it seems like Children of the Void (book 2 of the Second Darkness AP) is a solid place to start, with more information scattered across a few other APs.

Palanan
2016-08-26, 10:56 PM
Excellent, thanks. "Into the Black" does seem like a good starting point.

Take me out, to the black...tell 'em I ain't comin' back....

:smalltongue:

Florian
2016-08-27, 04:27 AM
I'll be weaving some Dark Tapestry into my campaign, but all I know about it comes from my experience as a player in Runelords.

So, is there one specific sourcebook for all things Dark Tapestry? Or is the lore scattered through various supplements and APs?

Basically, the whole Call of Cthulhu RPG is one big source on the overall Mythos based on the work of H.P. Lovecraft.

The Dark Tapestry in Golarion uses great chunks of it, but has its own twists to it and the approach to the "Cosmic Horror" behind it by way of incorporating "The Dominion of the Black".

YouŽll find a lot of information in "Doom comes to Dustpawn", "The Moonscar", "Wake of the Watcher", "Into the Nightmare Rift" as well as "Valley of the Brain Collectors", a good collection of short information as well as a list of associated monsters in the Strange Aeon Player guide and some overall associated information in "Occult Mysteries", "Great Beyond" and "Distant Worlds".

YouŽll also find scattered material on the "Nightheralds" and "Blackfire Adepts" that touches on the topic.