PDA

View Full Version : Damage caster

Iceking
2016-08-27, 02:29 AM
Hi all

I've been looking a while for some caster that's is mostly based on big damage and gives the option to cast a lot ( not necessarily different) spells all day long.

I've been looking at the mailman, archmage, blastmage, warlock, etc.

What builds do you guys have in mind?
I'm starting around level 11-12-13 and everything except homebrew can be used.
Special items are not all available, each of them needs to be negotiated with my DM

Thx for replies.

Big Fau
2016-08-27, 02:51 AM
Blasting is generally weak unless extremely optimized, and doing so causes a number of DMs conniptions ("You one-shot my BBEG?! BANNED!")

If you want to keep it low-key, the Warlock and Dragonfire Adept are good choices for this. If you want more high-powered options, consider a Psion. If you want to go whole-hog and obliterate Tiamat in three shots, Sorcerer or Wizard and look up the Mailman build options.

Iceking
2016-08-27, 07:59 AM
is there a good handbook / guide for a sorcerer mailman?

I read a lot of wings of flurry but also see that's it not that great in some guides :S

BowStreetRunner
2016-08-27, 08:53 AM
"The Mailman: A Direct Damage Sorcerer" (from Wizards forums) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?447435-quot-The-Mailman-A-Direct-Damage-Sorcerer-quot-(from-Wizards-forums))

Here is the link.

Iceking
2016-08-27, 09:10 AM
"The Mailman: A Direct Damage Sorcerer" (from Wizards forums) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?447435-quot-The-Mailman-A-Direct-Damage-Sorcerer-quot-(from-Wizards-forums))

Here is the link.

I've seen this one allready, but i'm wondering if the kobold thing doesnt have more flaws then good things. (What do I miss?)

MisterKaws
2016-08-27, 09:25 AM
I've seen this one allready, but i'm wondering if the kobold thing doesnt have more flaws then good things. (What do I miss?)

Dragon type via Dragonwrought, bonus Sorcerer levels via Greater Rite(and Loredrake if you don't mind taking a book to the head) and maximum age based on Cha, which makes it possible to have a Venerable Dragonwrought Kobold as a starting race without having less than ten years left.

Iceking
2016-08-27, 09:50 AM
Dragon type via Dragonwrought, bonus Sorcerer levels via Greater Rite(and Loredrake if you don't mind taking a book to the head) and maximum age based on Cha, which makes it possible to have a Venerable Dragonwrought Kobold as a starting race without having less than ten years left.

and without the dragonwrought? still good or just ...

MisterKaws
2016-08-27, 10:46 AM

Well, you'd have to compare a vanilla Kobold with Humans and Whisper Gnomes...

Let's just say there are better options.

ZamielVanWeber
2016-08-27, 10:51 AM

Dragonwrought brings dragon type and +3 to all mental stats to the table. Not many races bring anything nearly as good to the table.

Iceking
2016-08-27, 10:59 AM
So if I get Dragonwrought without loredrake and without the age, its still good enough

or is there a better race to get for the sorcerer mailman

ZamielVanWeber
2016-08-27, 11:05 AM
So if I get Dragonwrought without loredrake and without the age, its still good enough

or is there a better race to get for the sorcerer mailman

Take the age. A feat for dragon-type is cool, but the gold-standard here is the +3 to mental stats. Otherwise I would recommend strongheart halfing. The advantages of small with the bonus feat for a human. +2 to hit with those ranged touch attacks is quite nice.

MisterKaws
2016-08-27, 01:13 PM
Take the age. A feat for dragon-type is cool, but the gold-standard here is the +3 to mental stats. Otherwise I would recommend strongheart halfing. The advantages of small with the bonus feat for a human. +2 to hit with those ranged touch attacks is quite nice.

That or Silverbrow Human for the free Dragonblood subtype. The best sorcerer spells get buffed up the wazoo when you have that subtype, so if you're not grabbing Draconic Heritage, get that instead.

Big Fau
2016-08-27, 01:24 PM
I read a lot of wings of flurry but also see that's it not that great in some guides :S

It's a good Blasting spell with a drawback: It hits you. Uncapped Force damage with Reflex or be dazed is stupidly good, provided you can avoid the damage yourself (such as by using Wings of Cover or a shaped Lesser Globe of Invulnerability).

Zsaber0
2016-08-27, 02:00 PM
It's a good Blasting spell with a drawback: It hits you. Uncapped Force damage with Reflex or be dazed is stupidly good, provided you can avoid the damage yourself (such as by using Wings of Cover or a shaped Lesser Globe of Invulnerability).

The spell states that it deals 1d6 points of damage per caster level to all designated targets within 30. So you dont designat yourself, or am I missing something.

Big Fau
2016-08-27, 02:07 PM
The spell states that it deals 1d6 points of damage per caster level to all designated targets within 30. So you dont designat yourself, or am I missing something.

It doesn't actually list how many targets it designates, so its safe to assume that anyone in the area is a target since it is a burst. You'd need total cover from the point of origin, and the only means of doing so is to use Wings of Cover.

MisterKaws
2016-08-27, 06:02 PM
It doesn't actually list how many targets it designates, so its safe to assume that anyone in the area is a target since it is a burst. You'd need total cover from the point of origin, and the only means of doing so is to use Wings of Cover.

They went out of their way to specify that it only hits designated targets, so I think it works like Eldritch Doom by RAI, and most people seem to rule it like that.

DMVerdandi
2016-08-28, 12:41 AM
Instead of mailman sorcerer, I would go the easy bake wizard route Easy-Bake-Wizard-Handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?325933-Easy-Bake-Wizard-Handbook), and just use Reserve feats to lay down that consistent damage, and then maybe throw some metamagicd'd orb spells down when you want to blast.

Supplement your main game by throwing down summons and shutting down the enemy's ability to do whatever.

Iceking
2016-08-28, 12:52 AM
Instead of mailman sorcerer, I would go the easy bake wizard route Easy-Bake-Wizard-Handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?325933-Easy-Bake-Wizard-Handbook), and just use Reserve feats to lay down that consistent damage, and then maybe throw some metamagicd'd orb spells down when you want to blast.

Supplement your main game by throwing down summons and shutting down the enemy's ability to do whatever.

I've heard that wizard is more versatile, but I just dont want to do the part where i need to prepare all my spells each day. (And we play in a 7 person group with allready a wizard in ^^)

LTwerewolf
2016-08-28, 01:11 AM
"There's already an x" is usually a pretty terrible excuse as to why you shouldn't play something. Character builds are so varied that it's unlikely you'll find two that are built to do the same thing.

The fact that you don't want to prepare is pretty valid though. Sorc or Psion is what I would recommend. If you go mailman, you'll probably get books thrown at you unless everyone else is breaking out the fondue as well.

Iceking
2016-08-28, 01:26 AM
"There's already an x" is usually a pretty terrible excuse as to why you shouldn't play something. Character builds are so varied that it's unlikely you'll find two that are built to do the same thing.

The fact that you don't want to prepare is pretty valid though. Sorc or Psion is what I would recommend. If you go mailman, you'll probably get books thrown at you unless everyone else is breaking out the fondue as well.

Any suggestion?
Im allready working on mailman, but ive still having 12 days to finish. So time enough to reset.

LTwerewolf
2016-08-28, 01:52 AM
First thing that needs to be known is the op-level of your group. Are they seasoned veterans who typically adventure from their couches in their own personal planes of existence while copies of them go and do things, or do they tend to think monk is overpowered because it gets things every level (I assume somewhere in between)? That's going to say a lot for as to what you should do. The mailman isn't really appropriate for low op groups, but does just fine in high op, and is actually not that great in very high op.

Iceking
2016-08-28, 04:24 AM

First thing that needs to be known is the op-level of your group. Are they seasoned veterans who typically adventure from their couches in their own personal planes of existence while copies of them go and do things, or do they tend to think monk is overpowered because it gets things every level (I assume somewhere in between)? That's going to say a lot for as to what you should do. The mailman isn't really appropriate for low op groups, but does just fine in high op, and is actually not that great in very high op.

Most are veterans looking for stuff online like I do.
The dm is also adapting a lot according to our characters.

So in that case i guess mailman is just fine.

Big Fau
2016-08-28, 06:32 AM
I've heard that wizard is more versatile, but I just dont want to do the part where i need to prepare all my spells each day. (And we play in a 7 person group with allready a wizard in ^^)

A 7-player group? Do you really think they need more damage? Especially with, as you say, most of them optimizing their characters a decent way?

Iceking
2016-08-28, 06:57 AM
A 7-player group? Do you really think they need more damage? Especially with, as you say, most of them optimizing their characters a decent way?

We dont need iT, we don't need anything actually, but I just love to try a caster and liked the damage dealing one.

The DM told me that it would be nice to have a character to deal with the rpg part, like a bard. We had one once, but he died. I don't want to be someone to play the flute, talk and do nothing but to encourage the group in fights And I'm not that good/creative to be the main talker of the group.

I've played the paladin before and liked the role playing of helping at needs help, (but died) last I was a tiefling rogue/assassin kind of type, but got caught and didn't want to talk so I was a little to brute and died.
Now I'm trying something else.

And I've heard a rumor about the wizard dieing soon en the player not liking the wizard so I want to prepare myself to take over the caster spot. I think that player could be a better talker/negotiator then me.

MisterKaws
2016-08-28, 09:34 AM
If everyone is decently optimized, I think you'll be fine as long as you stay away from Incantatrix/Dweomerkeeper.

ben-zayb
2016-08-28, 10:13 AM
A shadowcraft mage can definitely be used as a damage-dealer. Check out my unusual take on this class, combined with the pretty boring Candle Caster PrC

Minister Chandler
Whisper Gnome, Wu Jen 5 / Candle Caster 2 / Shadowcraft Mage 3 / Candle Caster +5 / Shadowcraft Mage +2 / Candle Caster+3

Bring forth shadows using candles. Pretty darn simple, isn't it?

Feats
1 Heighten (B), Great Fortitude, Earth Sense, Earth Spell
3 Spell Focus (Illusion)
6 Spell Rehearsal
9 Residual Magic
12 Sanctum Spell
15 Echoing Spell
18 Repeat Spell
Magical Locations Chaos-Shuffle (Optional): Arcane Thesis (Silent Image), Proteus

Background:
1. A candle caster can store a spell in a candle, similarly crafted like, and functioning as, a spell in a (spell-)scroll. A candle is activated by lighting it, which is then assumed to be best done by taking a standard action to use tindertwig. Of course, some optimizers don't eat that crap suggestion up. Also, the spell effect is delayed by 1 round until Candle Caster 7.

2. Drawing material components (like a candle, for Summon Monster spells) and dropping items to an adjacent square are both free actions. One of the assumptions here is that either you don't need to cast the spell you are drawing components for, or that you will cast the Summon Monster spell much later. Another assumption is that your Craft(Candlemaking) skill enables you to craft miniscule candles that always lands upright (*blah* center of gravity *blah*).

You are a Wu Jen with possible higher spell save DCs. You also have a massive stock of Fire Shuriken stashed somewhere, I suppose.
By pre-casting Fiery Eyes (as either a last-minute prep, a rod-quickened spell, or done in the surprise/1st round), you can ignite all combustibles in one spot (assumed to apply to a 5ft-square area). Candles' combustible parts are the wicks, which means you can ignite all candlewicks in said area and activate #X amount of spells using only a full-round action. The spells set off a round after, though. If any of these spells are identical, you get a stacking DC/SR-penetration bonus due to Spell Rehearsal. If you also pre-cast spell <A> a round before using this trick, you get to use your default CL and apply one metamagic (like Heighten) from the pre-cast spell to any spell <A>s cast using the candles, courtesy of Residual Magic.

You are also a shadowcraft mage with Spell Rehearsal and Residual Magic, which means you get to spam Silent Images with increasing DC and free Heighten once every 2 rounds. Your maximum capacity is CL 14 8th-Heightened Silent Image that mimics a 5th level Sor/Wiz Evocation/Conjuration(Creation/Summoning) spell. Combining this with Candle Caster and Spell Rehearsal will lead to ridiculous DC/SR-penetration increase.
For starters, you now have Echoing Spell, which means effectively having ALL your spells prepared (at a lower CL) because of it due to having no time limit. If Wizard is "Batman: The Class", this feat is practically "Batman: The Metamagic Feat". All your spells 5th-level or lower are now available to be cast at a -4 CL as if you have them prepared. Everytime you recast such spells, they will Echo (aka can be recast again) with another -4 CL penalty available 1 hour thereafter, until you no longer have enough CL (but isn't specifically defined anyway).

With Earth Spell, and optionally by staying at your sanctum/church*, you can cast a [CL 22 8th-Heightened (Sanctum) Silent Image that mimicked any 8th(9th) level Sor/Wiz Evocation/Creation/Summoning spell]. Now, you have two options:

A. If combat practically ended in the round where you fired-off that spell, then congratulate your party and cast an Echoing Silent Image. Residual Magic turns this into the above bracketed line, minus the parentheses and with the normal Echoing CL decrease, and will start of its Echoing Spell chain. Of course, every Echoing Silent Image spell you cast in conjunction with any casting from the first Echoing Heightened Silent Image chain will also start off its own Echoing Heightened Silent Image chain via Residual Magic.

B. If combat didn't end on the 1st/2nd round with your spell], you can "Nova" next round by igniting a crapton of cheap <CL1 (Sanctum) Silent Image> Candles that now work as the above bracketed line, adjusted depending on if you imbued Sanctum Spell on your candles. You then also get a crapton of DC and SR-penetration increase for these; even assuming a paltry amount of 10 candles, will give the last candle a +10 bonus. If you want more expensive ammunitions that have higher bigger pay-offs, a CL1(or 7) Echoing Silent Image candle comboed as above will set-off its own CL 22 8th-Heightened (Sanctum) Silent Image echoing spell chain.

You can also either blow some of your WBL to "Nova" with any other spell candles, or pre-cast other heightened lower-level spells and let Residual Magic do its work. Minor benefits include making "specialty candles" (notably Silent Image ones) applied with Enlarge/Empower, and making Unfettered Candles (effectively a Potion) used by others by specific methods of lighting via Tindertwig, Flint & Tinder, or Magnifying Glass.

One more trick for this level: You can cast/spam Shalintha's Delicate Disk (LEoF) (via Shadow Illusion, possibly combined with Echoing Spell chains), which makes a disk where you can store any <5th-level spell of yours. Stock all of those disks with all sort of spells of yours, then use the Violent Thrust option of your Telekinesis to throw up to 15 disks at your opponent (debuff/poisons/SoD), ally(buff), or area of your choice, for another multiple-spell-per-turn trick. Yo dawg, interestingly, you can store a telekinesis spell in a Disk, so in reality, you aren't really limited to throwing 15 disks at a time. Of course, this more of a native Shadowcraft Mage trick, so it's a bit unthematic for your candle caster, unless you fluff those disks as Hosts or something.

* You are a candle caster. Where exactly do you think you will likely come from?
The access to higher spell level will get you the ability to "Nova" with those spells too, and allows a higher heightened spell cap for those who abuse Heighten/Earth spell (likely with Residual Magic).

You also get Repeat Spell, which increases your "Nova" when used as Repeat spell candles (notably Silent Image ones). Residual Heighten + #X Repeat spell candles will give #X Repeat Heightened spells. On the next round, your recast (via normal candle Repeat) #X Heightened-Spells will combine with the Residual Repeat, so that you effectively cast #X Repeat-Heightened spells. On the next round, your recast another (via the residual Repeat) #X Heightened Spells. You now effectiely did your "Nova" thrice. Alternatively, instead of doing a nova, you may just use prepared Repeat spells to recycle steps 3 to step 1. This chain also likely ends with an Echoing Spell chain, appended at the last residual Heighten.

Step 1: !H + X-R = X-RH
Step 2 !R + X-H = X-RH
Step 3 !H + X-E = X-RH

Legend: !-Residual, H-Heighten, R-Repeat, X-Spell of Choice

Iceking
2016-08-28, 10:46 AM
If everyone is decently optimized, I think you'll be fine as long as you stay away from Incantatrix/Dweomerkeeper.

But the incantatrix is part of the hoven mailman build.
Do you have another take on the mailman?

Iceking
2016-08-28, 10:48 AM
A shadowcraft mage can definitely be used as a damage-dealer. Check out my unusual take on this class, combined with the pretty boring Candle Caster PrC

Ill check this out later, im on mobile now. But thx allready.

MisterKaws
2016-08-28, 11:05 AM
But the incantatrix is part of the hoven mailman build.
Do you have another take on the mailman?

Incantatrix is part of the "I one-shot the Tarrasque" Mailman build. Just use most of the other stuff without going crazy on the metamagic cheese.

Iceking
2016-08-28, 11:20 AM
Incantatrix is part of the "I one-shot the Tarrasque" Mailman build. Just use most of the other stuff without going crazy on the metamagic cheese.

Still on the mobile. Ill try a build later.

But isnt the metamagic part needed for a good/great caster?

MisterKaws
2016-08-28, 11:26 AM
Still on the mobile. Ill try a build later.

But isnt the metamagic part needed for a good/great caster?

Yes, but casting twin as a +1 is kinda ridiculous unless you have uberchargers in your group.

Iceking
2016-08-28, 03:48 PM
but casting twin as a +1

What do you mean with this.
I,m not that familiar

MisterKaws
2016-08-28, 05:47 PM
What do you mean with this.
I,m not that familiar

Twin Spell, Complete Arcane, +4 metamagic feat.

An Incantatrix focusing on casting this can cast it as a +2 metamagic, or +1 if (ab)using Arcane Thesis.

Iceking
2016-08-29, 07:55 AM
This is what I've got so far.

I'm starting lvl 12 (previous character died at lvl 13)

Elite Array Racial Age lvl 4/8/12 Modifier
STR: 8 4 - - -3
DEX: 14 16 - - +3
CON: 13 11 - 12 (lvl 4) +1
INT: 12 - 15 - +2
WIS: 10 - 13 - +1
CHA: 15 - 18 20 +5

BAB +6

Fort: +4 +1(con)
Ref: +4 +3(dex)
Will: +10 +1(wis)

6 lvls of Sorcerer + 6 Lvls of Incantatrix
I'm a Venerable Kobold (Dragonwrought (amethyst)(possible Loredrake))
In backgroundstory i've been in Otyugh Hole

Racial and class feats:
Small Size => +1 AC/+1att/+4 Hide / -4 Grapple/ lift + carry limit = ¾ van medium char
Speed = 30 ft.
Darkvision (60ft.)
+1 AC (natural armor)
Light sensitivity => dazzled (-1 on att/ -1 search/-1 spot) in bright sunlight or within radius of daylight spell
Proficient with simple weapons
Dragon: Immune to magic sleep and paralysis effects. +2 racial bonuses for Diplomacy (Amethyst)
Sovereign dragon: LOREDRAKE: Spellcraft is added to class skills; effective sorc lvl is increased by 2 but racial HD are reduced to d10.
Cooperative Metamagic (lvl 2 incantatrix)
Metamagic Effect (lvl 3 Incantatrix)
Metamagic Spell Trigger (lvl 5 incantatrix)
Seize concentration (lvl 6 incantatrix)

Skills:16 + 20 sorcerer skills + 24 incantantrix skills
Ranks + Misc
Concentration 15
Knowledge (arcana) 8
Spellcraft 15
Knowledge (dung) CC: 4
Knowledge (Religion) CC: 5
Diplomacy CC:1
Tumble CC:1
Hide: 0 + 4 (racial)
Search: 0 - 1(light sensitive) + 2 (Racial)
Spot: 0 - 1(light sensitive)
Craft (Trapmaking): 0 + 2 (Racial)
Profession (miner) : 0 + 2 (Racial)
Diplomacy: 0 + 2 (Amethyst drake)

Languages: Draconic, Common, Undercommon (+ Goblin and Ignan cause of intelligence)

Feats:
lvl 1: Dragonwrought (RotD p 100)
lvl 1: Draconic heritage
lvl 3: Maximize spell (metamagic PH p 97)
lvl 3 (background: Iron Will PH p 97 + CS p 151)
lvl 6: Practical metamagic: Maximize (RotD p 101)
lvl 7 (incant): Enlarge spell (metamagic PH p 94)
lvl 9: Force of Personality (Complete Adventurer p 109) or Arcane thesis (PH 2 p 74)if i choose Arcane Thesis, what spell?(forceorb?)
lvl 10 (incant): Invisible Spell (metamagic Cityscape p 61)
lvl 12: Quick Recovery (Lords of Madness p181)
lvl 13 (incant): Twin Spell (metamagic Players guide to fearun p 46.)

Spells known

Cantrips:
Detect magic
Read magic
Light
Stick
Mage hand
Mending
Prestidigitation
Which are the good ones?

1st:
Lesser orb of acid (SC)
Magic Missile
True strike
True Casting (Complete mage)
Shocking Grasp

2nd:
Scorching Ray
Glitterdust
See Invisibility
Combust (SC)
Dimension Hop (PH2)

3rd:
Fireball
Alter Fortune (PH2)
Shivering Touch (Frostburn)
Primal Senses (DM)

4th:
Celerity (PH2)
Orb of Force (SC)
Wings of Flurry(RoD)
Orb of Cold (SC)

5th:
Arcane Fusion (CM)
Surge of Fortune (Compl Champ)

All toughts are fine.
There is a possibility that i will still need to roll my ability scores (DM Rulings)

Possible considerations atm:
-dragonmarks
-persistent spell
-

ZamielVanWeber
2016-08-29, 11:58 AM
I would advise not to use Loredrake. It is massive power at no price and can easily upset a DM and campaign.

Take Orb of Fire over Orb of Cold. They are both heavily resisted types, except Orb of Fire has Searing Spell and inflicts Daze.

As a 12th level sorcerer you have one 6th level spell.

I would trade Combust for Wings of Cover. It is a hot defensive spell and you should not be getting into melee with those numbers (your melee touch is +4 and your AC and HP are not very good.)

Instead of Force of Personality take Searing Spell. It would help several of your spells, is not expensive, and you can apply it on the fly so you only pay for it against guys who has resistances.

You are going to have a lot of metamagic, so take Rapid Metamagic over Quick Recovery. Ignoring the time increase for spontaneous metamagic is cool.

MirddinEmris
2016-08-29, 02:24 PM
If your GM allows Dragon material, then you can try Force Missile Mage. Basically it's a class that augments your Magic Missile spell. Since it's a first level spell, it goes really well with metamagic even without reduction cost, though you still can play with staple Arcane Thesis or Residual Metamagic feats (or both).

Good thing about it is that damage is very consistent and unless you fight a lot with high SR creatures, you will always hit. And in later case, there is always Assay Spell Resistance spell from SC. If you throw enough metamagic at this spell, you can deal a lot of damage with high consistency, but also you can "turn it off" by not applying said metamagic if you think you are going too far with damage. Bad thing is that you loose caster level. Not so good thing is that it's a single target damage.

Also, if you are going sorcerer (and they are much better suited for blasting than wizards), try looking into books like Dragon Magic and Races of the Dragon, they have some really nice spells for sorcerers, that usually even better with dragonblooded subtype. Spells like healing yourself, flying really fast and so on.

Iceking
2016-08-29, 02:45 PM
So something more like this then?

I'll also have the right numbers for my abilities ready. Have been rolled (and are better ^^ )

Elite Array Racial Age lvl 4/8/12 Modifier
STR: 8 4 - - -3
DEX: 14 16 - - +3
CON: 14 12 - - +1
INT: 14 - 17 - +3
WIS: 11 - 14 - +2
CHA: 17 - 20 23 +6

BAB +6

Fort: +4 +1(con)
Ref: +4 +3(dex)
Will: +10 +1(wis)

6 lvls of Sorcerer + 6 Lvls of Incantatrix
I'm a Venerable Kobold (Dragonwrought (amethyst)(possible Loredrake))
In backgroundstory i've been in Otyugh Hole

Racial and class feats:
Small Size => +1 AC/+1att/+4 Hide / -4 Grapple/ lift + carry limit = ¾ van medium char
Speed = 30 ft.
Darkvision (60ft.)
+1 AC (natural armor)
Light sensitivity => dazzled (-1 on att/ -1 search/-1 spot) in bright sunlight or within radius of daylight spell
Dragon: Immune to magic sleep and paralysis effects. +2 racial bonuses for Diplomacy (Amethyst)
Sovereign dragon: LOREDRAKE: Spellcraft is added to class skills; effective sorc lvl is increased by 2 but racial HD are reduced to d10.
Cooperative Metamagic (lvl 2 incantatrix)
Metamagic Effect (lvl 3 Incantatrix)
Metamagic Spell Trigger (lvl 5 incantatrix)
Seize concentration (lvl 6 incantatrix)

Skills:20 + 25 sorcerer skills + 30 incantantrix skills (15 to place)
Ranks + Misc
Concentration 15
Knowledge (arcana) 8
Spellcraft 15

Languages: Draconic, Common, Undercommon (+ Goblin and Ignan +1 more cause of intelligence)

Feats:
lvl 1: Draconic heritage
lvl 3: Maximize spell (metamagic PH p 97)
lvl 3 (background: Iron Will PH p 97 + CS p 151)
lvl 6: Practical metamagic: Maximize (RotD p 101)
lvl 7 (incant): Enlarge spell (metamagic PH p 94)
lvl 9: Searing Spell (PH2 p91) or Arcane thesis (PH 2 p 74)if i choose Arcane Thesis, what spell?(forceorb?)
lvl 10 (incant): Invisible Spell (metamagic Cityscape p 61)
lvl 12:Rapid Metamagic (Comp Mage p 46)
lvl 13 (incant): Twin Spell (metamagic Players guide to fearun p 46.)

Spells known

Cantrips:
Detect magic
Read magic
Light
Stick
Mage hand
Mending
Prestidigitation
Which are the good ones?

1st:
Lesser orb of acid (SC)
Magic Missile
True strike
Shocking Grasp

2nd:
Scorching Ray
Glitterdust
See Invisibility
Wings of cover (RotD)
Dimension Hop (PH2)

3rd:
Fireball
Alter Fortune (PH2)
Shivering Touch (Frostburn)
Primal Senses (DM)

4th:
Celerity (PH2)
Orb of Force (SC)
Wings of Flurry(RoD)
Orb of Fire(SC)

5th:
Arcane Fusion (CM)
Surge of Fortune (Compl Champ)

6th:
Contingency

Things to think about
- where to put rest of skill points?
- what cantrips to choose
- do you take a sovereign archetype instead of loredrake? Like wyrm of war (extra feat) or guide of the weak
- instead of orb of fire, take another type that has less resistance?
- What language is good to have in a normal world where there are dwarfs, elfs and half orc in my group.
- What are other spells i should definatly take on next lvl's?

Thx in advance for all the help.

Iceking
2016-08-29, 02:56 PM
If your GM allows Dragon material, then you can try Force Missile Mage. Basically it's a class that augments your Magic Missile spell. Since it's a first level spell, it goes really well with metamagic even without reduction cost, though you still can play with staple Arcane Thesis or Residual Metamagic feats (or both).

Good thing about it is that damage is very consistent and unless you fight a lot with high SR creatures, you will always hit. And in later case, there is always Assay Spell Resistance spell from SC. If you throw enough metamagic at this spell, you can deal a lot of damage with high consistency, but also you can "turn it off" by not applying said metamagic if you think you are going too far with damage. Bad thing is that you loose caster level. Not so good thing is that it's a single target damage.

Also, if you are going sorcerer (and they are much better suited for blasting than wizards), try looking into books like Dragon Magic and Races of the Dragon, they have some really nice spells for sorcerers, that usually even better with dragonblooded subtype. Spells like healing yourself, flying really fast and so on.

Was writing myself when you posted this ^^

I love the dragon lore and stuff, but in the end, when i look into races of the dragon i dont see that much "blasting" spells or spells that should always be in the spell list. Am I missing something inthere?

About the magic missile mage: I still want a little possibilities when casting spells, so i dont always use the magic missile to do the dmg.

MirddinEmris
2016-08-29, 03:26 PM
Was writing myself when you posted this ^^

I love the dragon lore and stuff, but in the end, when i look into races of the dragon i dont see that much "blasting" spells or spells that should always be in the spell list. Am I missing something inthere?

About the magic missile mage: I still want a little possibilities when casting spells, so i dont always use the magic missile to do the dmg.

I didn't meant to look there for blasting spells, but for spells that will let you do other things. Wings of Swift Flying, for example, 1st level spell 1hr/level duration, augments your magical flying speed by 30ft (40ft if you are dragonblood), combined with something like Overland Flight it will give you VERY good flying speed for the day. Undying Vigor of the Dragonlords (DrM) lets you heal yourself. Primal Instinct (DrM) gives you +5 initiative and survival for 24 hours. And so on. Lots of good spells for sorcerers there.

When playing a sorcerer it's important to remember that you have limited spells known and you can't afford to take spells that basically do same thing. For example, as 4th level you have these:

Celerity (PH2)
Orb of Force (SC)
Wings of Flurry(RoD)
Orb of Fire(SC)

That's three damaging spells right there. I get it that daze debuff from Orb of Fire is good, but wasting two spells known on two spells that are basically the same is not wise. I would recommend to get rid of one of them and take something better - Solid Fog or Dimension Door, for example. You also have Fireball and Wings of Flurry, both are AoE damage spells (with one being better in every aspect), same. It's like you want every single damage dealing spell on your spell list)

And what's wrong with casting MM most of the time you want single target damage? Take one spell for single target dmg and one-two for AoE, that would be plenty. Also, with Force Missile Mage you can create missiles with different energy descriptiors, that should cover most of your bases.

Iceking
2016-08-29, 03:58 PM
I didn't look to it like that. I'm so noob at this.
You are definitely right about the damage part.

Do you mind adjusting the spell list a bit?
I must say that my character will probably be played as someone only looking to preserve himself,only assisting others if absolutely necessary
Therefore I don't want to much spells to assist other party members.

ZamielVanWeber
2016-08-29, 03:59 PM
That's three damaging spells right there. I get it that daze debuff from Orb of Fire is good, but wasting two spells known on two spells that are basically the same is not wise. I would recommend to get rid of one of them and take something better - Solid Fog or Dimension Door, for example. You also have Fireball and Wings of Flurry, both are AoE damage spells (with one being better in every aspect), same. It's like you want every single damage dealing spell on your spell list)

One: I did not make those suggestions since he wanted primarily to blast and a bunch of useful spells also fight against that. Solid Fog is not great as a blaster as it blocks your targeted spells. Black Tentacles would be better in that case.
Wings of Flurry, while amazing, suffer from a number of downsides compared to Fireball, notably it lacks range and (arguably) hits the caster. Given how squishy his character is getting close to use it is actually an issue.

Also Force Missile Mage is a pretty weak PrC. It trades out a casting level and requires you to take a weak feat for a bunch of small bonuses to a weak spell. I mean, it can be fun given how iconic Magic Missile is, but it would be a serious power cut over Incantatrix unless he really cheeses it out.

Calthropstu
2016-08-29, 04:04 PM
If psionics is allowed, it doesn't get much better for blatant damage output casting than the wilder.

MirddinEmris
2016-08-29, 04:28 PM
One: I did not make those suggestions since he wanted primarily to blast and a bunch of useful spells also fight against that. Solid Fog is not great as a blaster as it blocks your targeted spells. Black Tentacles would be better in that case.
Wings of Flurry, while amazing, suffer from a number of downsides compared to Fireball, notably it lacks range and (arguably) hits the caster. Given how squishy his character is getting close to use it is actually an issue.

Also Force Missile Mage is a pretty weak PrC. It trades out a casting level and requires you to take a weak feat for a bunch of small bonuses to a weak spell. I mean, it can be fun given how iconic Magic Missile is, but it would be a serious power cut over Incantatrix unless he really cheeses it out.

Solid Fog is still a very good spell, even for blasters, since spells go through it without problem. It's a very solid prep for several AoE spells - you are keeping several enemies in one place and bombard them with area spells. Fun. Black tentacles are not bad either, of course. Anyway it was just an example of a spell more useful than just another Orb of [Something].

Text in Wings of Flurry says "designated targets", so most probably he is not gonna hurt himself. Also, 30ft range + 30ft radius means you can hit foe for up to 60ft away. Most of the games in my experience don't use very long distances for battles, that should be plenty. Anyway, you can do better than Fireball, that's for sure.

FMM of course is not as strong as Incantatrix, but it's far from being weak. Like i said, given that MM is a first level spell, you can put a lot of metamagic on it. I played one if a fairly optimized party and was doing just fine in terms of damage. Not the biggest damage output from a mailman, but very reliable.

Also, yes, Incantatrix IS very powerful, but considering that the guy who will be playing this build is not very proficient in this by his admission, i don't think he can muster all this power. Maybe it's better to give him something that is simpler to use and less cheesy? I mean Dragonwrought kobold Incantatrix? Many gms will throw a book at him right after hearing it)

MirddinEmris
2016-08-29, 04:31 PM
I didn't look to it like that. I'm so noob at this.
You are definitely right about the damage part.

Do you mind adjusting the spell list a bit?
I must say that my character will probably be played as someone only looking to preserve himself,only assisting others if absolutely necessary
Therefore I don't want to much spells to assist other party members.

Can you share with us what character creation rules for the game and how optimized you character needs to be? Is this a high powered game or gm keeps it low?

MisterKaws
2016-08-29, 06:09 PM
Actually, Force Missile Mage is on the Dragon Compendium.

MirddinEmris
2016-08-29, 07:40 PM
Actually, Force Missile Mage is on the Dragon Compendium.

Which is why i said in my first post:

If your GM allows Dragon material, then you can try Force Missile Mage.

Iceking
2016-08-30, 02:53 AM
Can you share with us what character creation rules for the game and how optimized you character needs to be? Is this a high powered game or gm keeps it low?

Everything is allowed as long it is official. (so no homebrew)
Most players build like i do : From the web.
and the GM is great at taking our game to the next lvl and finding challenges that makes our group excited.
He makes the story so that even with an extremely optimized or boring character, we all have the challenged feeling.

Last created character was a really nice optimized drow dervish. We also have a very good ranger in our group.
On the other hand, we have a low build half orc barbarian. (Who has got some additional magical stuff storywise to stay tuned with the group and not fall off)

Tvtyrant
2016-08-30, 01:46 PM
Hi all

I've been looking a while for some caster that's is mostly based on big damage and gives the option to cast a lot ( not necessarily different) spells all day long.

I've been looking at the mailman, archmage, blastmage, warlock, etc.

What builds do you guys have in mind?
I'm starting around level 11-12-13 and everything except homebrew can be used.
Special items are not all available, each of them needs to be negotiated with my DM

Thx for replies.

An alternative to the Mailman type is to combine Reserves of Strength with various CL boosting tricks to throw around inpossibly powerful fireballs. Circle Magic can get your spells up into the 40d6 range, while Tainted Sorcerer/Scholar can get you into the NI range if you play undead.

I prefer this route because it doesn't require as much feat investment and is less overpowering then auto-kill.spell.

Big Fau
2016-08-30, 02:24 PM
If psionics is allowed, it doesn't get much better for blatant damage output casting than the wilder.

You can do so much better than a Wilder. Wild Surge is a trap and a half, never mind the powers known issue.

MisterKaws
2016-08-30, 04:27 PM
Which is why i said in my first post:

Dragon Compendium stuff is already filtered by WotC and balanced(at least should be), so DMs that don't go around limiting very specific and/or obscure sources rarely forbid it.

Calthropstu
2016-08-30, 10:45 PM
You can do so much better than a Wilder. Wild Surge is a trap and a half, never mind the powers known issue.

He said in his post "Not necessatily many powers known."

Op described pretty much the wilder in his post. And I actually am quite fond of the class.
So much rp potential packaged into that class.
Yeah, enervation kinda hurts. But NO ONE can top a fully surged psionic disintigrate for pure blast power.

MirddinEmris
2016-08-31, 01:48 AM
Everything is allowed as long it is official. (so no homebrew)
Most players build like i do : From the web.
and the GM is great at taking our game to the next lvl and finding challenges that makes our group excited.
He makes the story so that even with an extremely optimized or boring character, we all have the challenged feeling.

Last created character was a really nice optimized drow dervish. We also have a very good ranger in our group.
On the other hand, we have a low build half orc barbarian. (Who has got some additional magical stuff storywise to stay tuned with the group and not fall off)

Can you elaborate why you think that ranger in your group is very good? What he does exactly to be good? If you can, with some numbers)

I'm asking this only to understand your group's idea of "optimized" is and to help you with your sorcerer. Certainly not to pick on you or something)

Big Fau
2016-08-31, 02:06 AM
Yeah, enervation kinda hurts. But NO ONE can top a fully surged psionic disintigrate for pure blast power.

Its easier to Empower+Twin+Split Ray an arcane Disintegrate than to do the same to the Psionic version. Ultimate Magus, Recaster, Escalation Mage, etc.

Iceking
2016-08-31, 04:29 AM
Can you elaborate why you think that ranger in your group is very good? What he does exactly to be good? If you can, with some numbers)

I'm asking this only to understand your group's idea of "optimized" is and to help you with your sorcerer. Certainly not to pick on you or something)

I cant deliver numbers, but i find his kit sticking very good together.
He focuses on ranged attacks with rapid shot, point blank shot, many shot, ...

With my post I just wanted to make clear that it doesnt make a difference for our DM weather we are over or underpowerd, because he balances it true the story.
Our half orc, can feel magic around, he has a deja-vu once a day to get something like an autocrit, just to get on level with other players.

Iceking
2016-08-31, 04:35 AM
I'll adjust my spells later this day, so they should be more balanced like you guys suggested. (more defence, all round, spells instead of only full attack spells) Cause like you guys said, if i have like 10 dmg spells, i wont use most of them.

Can I ask to get this build optimized as far as it goes.
Maybe look so I get a good single target spell and a good AoE dmg spell both which I can make stronger/bigger/... with the metamagic.

I do want to continue the dragonwrought kobold sorcerer (it will be good to have a high Cha based character that fits our story).
Other things can all still change.

MirddinEmris
2016-08-31, 05:34 AM
I cant deliver numbers, but i find his kit sticking very good together.
He focuses on ranged attacks with rapid shot, point blank shot, many shot, ...

Was he Swift Hunter build? It's ranger/scout multiclass, deals additional damage after moving.

With my post I just wanted to make clear that it doesnt make a difference for our DM weather we are over or underpowerd, because he balances it true the story.
Our half orc, can feel magic around, he has a deja-vu once a day to get something like an autocrit, just to get on level with other players

Balancing good ranger and bad barbarian is a lot more easier than balancing them with optimized caster. A LOT more easier. So why make a job for your GM harder than it already is?)

Ok, i think i've got the general idea, so about your build.

Take both Arcane Thesis (Orb of Fire) and Searing Spell, which would mean that your main damage dealing spell is now double threat (damage + debuff) and can ignore resists and punch through immunities. As far as metamagic foes, take Empower Spell and Twin Spell and maybe Maximized Spell. You can think about Residual Metamagic it's a nice feat for mailman, if you cast a spell with metamagic in one round, you can apply same metamagic feat for free in the next round to same spell. Drop Dragonwrought, you don't really need it and it's a bit cheesy, better be Silverbrow Human, you still will be dragonblood subtype, but you also wont have to spend a feat and gain one from being human. Two net feats to spend is never bad. Or take some +Cha race like Spellscale. You also can take Dragonborn of Bahamut template and get flight (there are two other options but that would probably be most useful)

Maybe you should take some Reserve feat so that you don't have to spend your daily spells while blasting mooks.

As far as spell selection goes (not a full list of spells you should take, but strong recommendations):

5th level:

Arcane Fusion (CM) - since you already have it on your list, i think i don't have to explain why this is good. But i still will - it's a spell that optimizes your action economy. 1st level spell may not seem that much, but it's still nice. Buffs like Protection from X or True Strike still have it's uses, and you also can cast Grease, Magic Missile or Lesser orb of X along with 4th level spell.

Overland Flight - You said that items are something that you can't get easy. All-day flight without items is hard to achieve but is stupidly good especially when you combine it with Wings of Swift flying - 80ft flying speed for 1hr/level. If you didn't get flight from Dragonborn, this is how you get it.

Undying Vigor of Dragonlords (Dragon Magic) - 1 full round spell. Heal yourself for 5d6, also you can sacrifice spellslot to heal addition 1d6 per level of slot. If you are dragonblood you get +1 per dice (5d6+5 for example). You said you wanna be self-sufficient, that's not a bad way to get healing.

4th level:

Dimension Door - take it, really. It's a spell without somatic components (so you can cast while not being able to move, like in grapple), it teleports you and some people with a very good range. Staple escape spell for casters. It WILL save your life)

Assay Spell resistance (SpC) - your main Orb spell won't benefit from this, but you have a lot more spells that will. Often makes encounter much easier than it could be other way.

Solid Fog - In this cloud everyone needs to take full round to move 5ft. No save. No SR. Cast it at the group of enemies and then use your AoE spells to fry them. Or use this time to flee. Or use this to separate groups of enemies so you don't have to deal with them all at once.

3rd level:

Dispel Magic - Staple spell. Even if you don't fight mages, you can suppress magic items with it for 1d4 rounds (caster level on items usually not that high). No more +1 keen flaming sword for the big bad guy.

Wind Wall - protect yourself from those pesky bowmen while flying in the sky and laughing at stupid mortals.

Displacement - miss chances are good. 50% miss chances are very good. Saves lives.

Fireball - with searing spell it's not so bad, but also will take 4th level spell slot. The range on that spell is not so bad actually.

2nd level:

Resist Energy - At this level gives you 30 resist to energy of your choosing (sonic + 4 usual). Good defensive buff

Mirror Image - At this level it's about 1d4 + 4 images. 6 on average. Which means that anyone who want to strike you will have to take 1/7 chance to actually hit you. When people don't hot you. they don't deal damage. When they don't deal damage, you don't die. Dying is bad.

Invisibility - good escape spell, or scouting spell. Can get you surprise round if you play your cards right.

1st:

Magic Missile - good at dealing with those incorporeal creatures. Nothing spectacular in the damage department, but everything else is very good - force damage, autohit, no save. And guys that you will use this spell to hit, usually have less health than corporeal monsters.

Protection from X - nice buff since it just makes you immune to mind control and possession by people with X alignment.

Grease - still good against big bruisers with low reflex. By itself wasting action to make someone fall at this level is not really that great, but a good candidate to cast with Arcane Fusion.

True Strike - take it with Aracne Fusion if you REALLY want to make this attack. Obvious combo - True Strike + Orb of Force [Searing].

Nerveskitter (SpC) - immedieate action at the start of battle to get +5 initiative. You want to make your turn earlier than enemy, and that is helping it.

Wings of Swift Flying (RotDr) - read Overland Flight.

Lesser orb of X - Acid or Fire is good. Take it if you want to cast damaging spells form lower slots.

That's mostly it.

ben-zayb
2016-08-31, 06:37 AM
I suggest to really consider Shadowcraft Mage, especially if you are going to use Arcane Thesis, Incantatrix, Residual Magic, and other metamagic reducers anyway. Earth Spell + Heighten Spell is also a potent addition

MisterKaws
2016-08-31, 07:34 AM
He said in his post "Not necessatily many powers known."

Op described pretty much the wilder in his post. And I actually am quite fond of the class.
So much rp potential packaged into that class.

Actually, Sorcerer can top that off with a single eighth -level spell using Practiced metamagic and Arcane Thesis:

Greater Arcane Fusion into Twin Arcane Fusion - total five lv4 spells and four lv1 spells

Orb of Fire x5 = 75d6
Lesser Orb of Fire x4 = 20d8

versus

26 PP Psionic Disintegrate = 52d6

And those five saves against Daze, too.

Iceking
2016-08-31, 03:20 PM
Was he Swift Hunter build? It's ranger/scout multiclass, deals additional damage after moving.

Balancing good ranger and bad barbarian is a lot more easier than balancing them with optimized caster. A LOT more easier. So why make a job for your GM harder than it already is?)

Ok, i think i've got the general idea, so about your build.

Take both Arcane Thesis (Orb of Fire) and Searing Spell, which would mean that your main damage dealing spell is now double threat (damage + debuff) and can ignore resists and punch through immunities. As far as metamagic foes, take Empower Spell and Twin Spell and maybe Maximized Spell. You can think about Residual Metamagic it's a nice feat for mailman, if you cast a spell with metamagic in one round, you can apply same metamagic feat for free in the next round to same spell. Drop Dragonwrought, you don't really need it and it's a bit cheesy, better be Silverbrow Human, you still will be dragonblood subtype, but you also wont have to spend a feat and gain one from being human. Two net feats to spend is never bad. Or take some +Cha race like Spellscale. You also can take Dragonborn of Bahamut template and get flight (there are two other options but that would probably be most useful)

Maybe you should take some Reserve feat so that you don't have to spend your daily spells while blasting mooks.

As far as spell selection goes (not a full list of spells you should take, but strong recommendations):

5th level:

Arcane Fusion (CM) - since you already have it on your list, i think i don't have to explain why this is good. But i still will - it's a spell that optimizes your action economy. 1st level spell may not seem that much, but it's still nice. Buffs like Protection from X or True Strike still have it's uses, and you also can cast Grease, Magic Missile or Lesser orb of X along with 4th level spell.

Overland Flight - You said that items are something that you can't get easy. All-day flight without items is hard to achieve but is stupidly good especially when you combine it with Wings of Swift flying - 80ft flying speed for 1hr/level. If you didn't get flight from Dragonborn, this is how you get it.

Undying Vigor of Dragonlords (Dragon Magic) - 1 full round spell. Heal yourself for 5d6, also you can sacrifice spellslot to heal addition 1d6 per level of slot. If you are dragonblood you get +1 per dice (5d6+5 for example). You said you wanna be self-sufficient, that's not a bad way to get healing.

4th level:

Dimension Door - take it, really. It's a spell without somatic components (so you can cast while not being able to move, like in grapple), it teleports you and some people with a very good range. Staple escape spell for casters. It WILL save your life)

Assay Spell resistance (SpC) - your main Orb spell won't benefit from this, but you have a lot more spells that will. Often makes encounter much easier than it could be other way.

Solid Fog - In this cloud everyone needs to take full round to move 5ft. No save. No SR. Cast it at the group of enemies and then use your AoE spells to fry them. Or use this time to flee. Or use this to separate groups of enemies so you don't have to deal with them all at once.

3rd level:

Dispel Magic - Staple spell. Even if you don't fight mages, you can suppress magic items with it for 1d4 rounds (caster level on items usually not that high). No more +1 keen flaming sword for the big bad guy.

Wind Wall - protect yourself from those pesky bowmen while flying in the sky and laughing at stupid mortals.

Displacement - miss chances are good. 50% miss chances are very good. Saves lives.

Fireball - with searing spell it's not so bad, but also will take 4th level spell slot. The range on that spell is not so bad actually.

2nd level:

Resist Energy - At this level gives you 30 resist to energy of your choosing (sonic + 4 usual). Good defensive buff

Mirror Image - At this level it's about 1d4 + 4 images. 6 on average. Which means that anyone who want to strike you will have to take 1/7 chance to actually hit you. When people don't hot you. they don't deal damage. When they don't deal damage, you don't die. Dying is bad.

Invisibility - good escape spell, or scouting spell. Can get you surprise round if you play your cards right.

1st:

Magic Missile - good at dealing with those incorporeal creatures. Nothing spectacular in the damage department, but everything else is very good - force damage, autohit, no save. And guys that you will use this spell to hit, usually have less health than corporeal monsters.

Protection from X - nice buff since it just makes you immune to mind control and possession by people with X alignment.

Grease - still good against big bruisers with low reflex. By itself wasting action to make someone fall at this level is not really that great, but a good candidate to cast with Arcane Fusion.

True Strike - take it with Aracne Fusion if you REALLY want to make this attack. Obvious combo - True Strike + Orb of Force [Searing].

Nerveskitter (SpC) - immedieate action at the start of battle to get +5 initiative. You want to make your turn earlier than enemy, and that is helping it.

Wings of Swift Flying (RotDr) - read Overland Flight.

Lesser orb of X - Acid or Fire is good. Take it if you want to cast damaging spells form lower slots.

That's mostly it.

Thx for the work you're putting in this.
I've read and tought about it and love the most of it.

I'm goiing for the dragonblood spellscale
sorcerer 6 incantatrix 6

Here are my feats and spells, i have still a bunch of questions about them (some are in text)

Feats:

1. Maximize spell (or empower spell?)
a. + Dragon heritage
b. Can I get metamagic specialist to? If not, what is the better one
2. /
3. Rapid metamagic
a. + Iron will from story
4. /
5. /
6. Searing Spell
7. (incant) Twin spell
8. /
9. Arcane thesis (orb of fire)
10. (incant) Enlarge spell
11. /
12. Residual magic
How about Fiery burst instead of another one?
And what about practical metamagic?

Spells:
Cantrips: (9)
Detect magic
Read magic
Light
Stick
Mage hand
Mending
Prestidigitation
Which are the good ones?

1st: (5)
Lesser orb of Fire (SC)
Magic Missile
True strike
Nerveskitter

2nd: (5)
Invisibility
Resist energy
See Invisibility
Wings of cover (RotD) or Mirror image ?
Dimension Hop (PH2)

3rd: (4)
Fireball
Wind wall
Displacement
Dispel magic
option: Alter Fortune (PH2) / Fly

4th: (3)
Orb of Fire (SC)
Wings of Flurry(RoD)
Black Tentacles or Solid fog?
option: Assay spell resistance

5th: (2)
Arcane Fusion (CM)
Undying Vigor of dragonlords

6th: (1)
Contingency

What to put into the spell like ability from dragon heritage?
Whats the best blood quickening option?

Iceking
2016-08-31, 03:23 PM
Actually, Sorcerer can top that off with a single eighth -level spell using Practiced metamagic and Arcane Thesis:

Greater Arcane Fusion into Twin Arcane Fusion - total five lv4 spells and four lv1 spells

Orb of Fire x5 = 75d6

versus

I'll definatly try and go that way for some nice damage ^^

Iceking
2016-08-31, 03:24 PM
I suggest to really consider Shadowcraft Mage, especially if you are going to use Arcane Thesis, Incantatrix, Residual Magic, and other metamagic reducers anyway. Earth Spell + Heighten Spell is also a potent addition

Damn, didnt read this post and i'm out of time now, I'll check on it tomorrow.

(just to let you know that you're not ignored :-) )

MirddinEmris
2016-08-31, 04:06 PM
Thx for the work you're putting in this.
I've read and tought about it and love the most of it.

I'm goiing for the dragonblood spellscale
sorcerer 6 incantatrix 6

Here are my feats and spells, i have still a bunch of questions about them (some are in text)

Feats:

1. Maximize spell (or empower spell?)
a. + Dragon heritage
b. Can I get metamagic specialist to? If not, what is the better one
2. /
3. Rapid metamagic
4. /
5. /
6. Searing Spell
7. (incant) Twin spell
8. /
10. (incant) Enlarge spell
11. /
12. Residual magic

Spells:
Detect magic
Read magic
Light
Stick
Mage hand
Mending
Prestidigitation
Which are the good ones?

Lesser orb of Fire (SC)
Magic Missile
True strike
Nerveskitter

Invisibility
Resist energy
See Invisibility
Wings of cover (RotD) or Mirror image ?
Dimension Hop (PH2)

Fireball
Wind wall
Displacement
Dispel magic

Orb of Fire (SC)
Wings of Flurry(RoD)

Arcane Fusion (CM)

Contingency

Whats the best blood quickening option?

You can get either Dragonblood sorcerer substitution level or Metamagic Specialist. Metamagic Specialist is way better, even if works only limited time per day. Draconic heritage feat doesn't get you spell-like abilities, it only gives you dragonblood subtype (which you already have), skill from table as class skill and bonuses to saves vs sleep and paralysis (it's in the description, table can be a bit misleading). If you take 4 more feats (with Dragon Legacy at the end), you can get spells from the table to your spell list, but it's mostly not worth it.

You can take Rapid Metamagic only at level 9+ since it requires 12 ranks in spellcraft (ranks, not total bonus).

The best for you is probably Io, since it gives you bonus to Spellcraft (helps with incantatrix) and Empower Spell (3/day). But keep in mind what other can provide for you since they can be very useful in certain situations. Lendys is about same as Io, but more defensively oriented - bonuses to Concentration and Still Spell.

About spells, i don't want to pester you much with my opinions, but i would drop wings of flurry for dimension door. You already have AoE with greater range (that can ignore resistances with Searing Spell), and out of all those spells, Dimension Door is one i would recommend taking most. I see you took Dimension Hop, and it's good, but not exactly the same. First, it's distance - 30ft at your level for Hop, 880ft for Door, if you want to escape from melee guy who grappled you, in case of Hop you are still within range of his movement which means next turn you are gonna be grappled again. Second, you can take several creatures with you (4 Medium at your level), making it good for transporting others. Third with Dimensions Door you don't have to see place where you want to be, you can just say how much you need to travel in certain distance, while with Hop you need line of sight, which means that if you are fighting in the area that is obscured somehow (Solid Fog, for example), you can't use Hop to escape it.

Contingency is a very good choice and meshes pretty nice with your healing spell (or any good teleportation spell). But if you want some choices, Lesser Dragonshape from Dragon Magic can be very fun too - turn into a pretty decent form of dragon as a swift action with round/lvl duration. 150ft flight, nice array of attacks, blindsense 60ft, darkvision 120ft, decent spot, listen and sense motive checks. It's in case someone thinks you are weak in melee, you can prove them dead wrong. No spellcasting while in this form though. If you want my opinion, take this spell later with next opportunity.

Calthropstu
2016-08-31, 07:51 PM

Orb of Fire x5 = 75d6

versus

Twin split the disintigrate for up to 104d6 to 2 targets. Or twin maximize for 624 damage.

The damage is comparable to your example though. I was not aware of that spell.

MisterKaws
2016-08-31, 08:26 PM
Twin split the disintigrate for up to 104d6 to 2 targets. Or twin maximize for 624 damage.

The damage is comparable to your example though. I was not aware of that spell.

You can't use metapsionics while augmented to the maximum, so the Twin Split Disintegrate would be 72d6X2 and the Twin Maximize would be 384.

Also, psionic focus and really bad power point consumption.

But alas, I apparently can't count. Those previous Arcane Fusion numbers were wrong, because my brain had automatically factored other things like Incantatrix abuse and stuff. The real numbers on that specific example would be 3xfire orbs+2xlesser fire orbs. An Incantatrix with some other stuff can do that fairly easily, though, and even more if we're using Combustion.

Calthropstu
2016-09-01, 06:43 AM
You can't use metapsionics while augmented to the maximum, so the Twin Split Disintegrate would be 72d6X2 and the Twin Maximize would be 384.

Also, psionic focus and really bad power point consumption.

But alas, I apparently can't count. Those previous Arcane Fusion numbers were wrong, because my brain had automatically factored other things like Incantatrix abuse and stuff. The real numbers on that specific example would be 3xfire orbs+2xlesser fire orbs. An Incantatrix with some other stuff can do that fairly easily, though, and even more if we're using Combustion.

Rods of metapsionic are a thing.

MisterKaws
2016-09-01, 10:08 AM
Rods of metapsionic are a thing.

There are no rods for Twin and Split Ray, so you can't use those via rods even if transparency is on.

Also, if you really want to discuss metamagic cheese, Incantatrix can do the following:

Twin Greater Arcane Fusion>2xTwin(+1) Maximized(+1) Combust + 2xTwin(+1) Repeated(+2) Arcane fusion > 8x Twin Maximized Combust + 8x Orb of Fire.

using these feats:

Practiced Metamagic(Twin)
Arcane Thesis x2(Arcane Fusion and Greater Arcane Fusion, both on Twin)
Maximize Spell
Twin Spell
Repeat Spell

600 damage + 40d8.

And don't forget the Ocular Spell novas.

Now I'll just stop rocket tagging with ya.

Big Fau
2016-09-01, 08:29 PM
There are no rods for Twin and Split Ray, so you can't use those via rods even if transparency is on.

Twin has the same cost as Quicken, Split Ray as Maximize. Not terribly difficult to reverse-engineer there.

ben-zayb
2016-09-01, 09:23 PM
Twin has the same cost as Quicken, Split Ray as Maximize. Not terribly difficult to reverse-engineer there.

A lot of things aren't too difficult to houserule, yeah.

MisterKaws
2016-09-02, 06:05 AM

Yeah,but reverse-engineering a metamagic rod and then changing it to metapsionic... Not many DMs will allow that.

Iceking
2016-09-02, 07:25 AM
Damn, didnt read this post and i'm out of time now, I'll check on it tomorrow.

(just to let you know that you're not ignored :-) )

The shadowcraft doesnt focus on dmg spells. It has more to do about illusions.
What am I missing here?

Iceking
2016-09-02, 07:40 AM
I seem to have trouble about taking these feats. (rapid metamagic aint a metamagic feat so cant be taken by incantantrix feat) I've gotten such thing from the metamgaic specialist.
So how can I change?

What are good cantrips to add to the list?

Feats:

1. Maximize spell (or empower spell?) (meta)
a. Metamagic specialist
2. /
3. Enlarge spell (meta)
4. /
5. /
6. Searing Spell (meta)
7. (incant) Twin spell (meta)
8. /
10. (incant) Quicken spell
11. /
12. Residual magic

Spells:
Detect magic
Read magic
Light
Stick
Mage hand
Mending
Prestidigitation
Which are the good ones?

Lesser orb of Fire (SC)
Magic Missile
True strike
Nerveskitter

Invisibility
Resist energy
See Invisibility
Wings of cover (RotD)
Mirror Image

Fireball
Wind wall
Displacement
Dispel magic

Orb of Fire (SC)
Dimension door

Arcane Fusion (CM)

Contingency
(next spell: Lesser dragonshape?)

MirddinEmris
2016-09-02, 08:26 AM
The shadowcraft doesnt focus on dmg spells. It has more to do about illusions.
What am I missing here?

The fact that he can emulate any evocation and conjuration spells with his illusions.

Iceking
2016-09-03, 06:50 AM
HOLD IT ALL:

Just talked to my DM and here are his points:

I can have an OP kobold, thats not bad at all.

If i want a spellscale, i must find a way to talk him into the story (there has never been a spellscale in the story, so how come I exist there and that the other adventurers never have seen a spellscale)

BAD: the otyugh hole => NOT AVAILABLE, if I want Iron Will, I need to take it as a feat.
Is it still worth goiing the kobold then? Since i will lose another feat (next to the dragonwrought one).

EDIT: Het just let me know that he rather have me play the kobold.

Iceking
2016-09-03, 08:32 AM
What I’ve got so far.

Venerable Dragonwrought Kobold (+Loredrake?)
Sorcerer 6/ Incantatrix 6 (going for inc 10 rest I don’t know yet)
Dragonwrought: Amethyst
Age 120 years old.
Alignment LN (with loredrake for Aureon) or CN otherwise
Ability scores: (Rolled 8, 11, 14, 14, 14 en 17 ^^ thx to DM dice)

STR: 4 => -3
DEX: 16 => +3
CON:12 => +1
INT: 17 => +3
WIS: 14 => +2
CHA: 23 => +6
BAB +6
Speed 30ft.
HP: 5 + 11D4 +11

Saves:
FORT: +4+1
REFL: +4+3
WILL: +10+2+2 (Iron will)
Conditional modifiers: Immune to sleep and paralysis (Dragon)
SKILLS:
Class skills Sorcerer: Bluff, Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy? (because of Amethyst drake?), Knowledge Arcana, Profession, Spellcraft.
Class skills Incantatrix: Concentration, Craft, Heal, Intimidate, Knowledge Arcana, Knowledge The planes, Profession, Spellcraft.
Skills:20 lvl1 + 25 sorcerer skills + 30 incantantrix skills (15 to place)
Ranks + Misc
Concentration 15
Knowledge (arcana) 8
Spellcraft 15
Languages: Draconic, Common, Undercommon (Can I take more cause I have high intelligence, or cant I take any other the the bonus languages?)
Racial traits / Class Features
Kobold:
Speed = 30 ft.
Darkvision (60ft.)
+1 AC (natural armor)
Sorcerer:
Metamagic specialist. (instead of familiar)
Incantatrix:
Focused Studies
Cooperative Metamagic
Metamagic Effect
Metamagic Spel Trigger
Seize Concentration
Feats
+metamagic specialist
lvl 3: Iron Will
lvl 6: Maximize spell
lvl 7: Twin spell
lvl 9: Arcana thesis (Orb of Fire)
lvl 10: Searing spell
lvl 12: Quicken spell

Spells:
Spells/ Day: 6/6+2/6+2/6+1/6+1/5+1/3+1
Detect magic
Read magic
Light
Stick
Mage hand
Mending
Prestidigitation
Which are the good ones?

Lesser orb of Fire (SC)
Magic Missile
True strike
Nerveskitter

Invisibility
Resist energy
See Invisibility
Wings of cover (RotD)
Mirror Image

Fireball
Wind wall
Displacement
Dispel magic

Orb of Fire (SC)
Dimension door

Arcane Fusion (CM)

Contingency

HELP FURTHER
Does Dragonwrought give you also something from the color (like dragon heritage))?
Are these feats good for playing right know or should you change something.
I still have some spell questions (see spell section).
Where should I put my remaining skillpoints?
Anything else I missed out?

MirddinEmris
2016-09-03, 01:30 PM
What I’ve got so far.

Age 120 years old.

BAB +6
Speed 30ft.

Saves:
SKILLS:
Class skills Sorcerer: Bluff, Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy? (because of Amethyst drake?), Knowledge Arcana, Profession, Spellcraft.
Class skills Incantatrix: Concentration, Craft, Heal, Intimidate, Knowledge Arcana, Knowledge The planes, Profession, Spellcraft.
Skills:20 lvl1 + 25 sorcerer skills + 30 incantantrix skills (15 to place)
Ranks + Misc
Concentration 15
Knowledge (arcana) 8
Spellcraft 15
Languages: Draconic, Common, Undercommon (Can I take more cause I have high intelligence, or cant I take any other the the bonus languages?)
Kobold:
Speed = 30 ft.
Darkvision (60ft.)
+1 AC (natural armor)
Sorcerer:
Incantatrix:
Focused Studies
Cooperative Metamagic
Metamagic Effect
Metamagic Spel Trigger
Seize Concentration
Feats
+metamagic specialist
lvl 6: Maximize spell
lvl 10: Searing spell
lvl 12: Quicken spell

Spells:
Detect magic
Read magic
Light
Stick
Mage hand
Mending
Prestidigitation
Which are the good ones?

Lesser orb of Fire (SC)
Magic Missile
True strike
Nerveskitter

Invisibility
Resist energy
See Invisibility
Wings of cover (RotD)
Mirror Image

Fireball
Wind wall
Displacement
Dispel magic

Orb of Fire (SC)
Dimension door

Arcane Fusion (CM)

Contingency

HELP FURTHER
Does Dragonwrought give you also something from the color (like dragon heritage))?
Are these feats good for playing right know or should you change something.
I still have some spell questions (see spell section).
Where should I put my remaining skillpoints?
Anything else I missed out?

No, it doesn't.

You are good to go. Spend skills on Spellcraft (maybe some kind of item to boost your checks), Concentration and Knowledge (arcana). Put full ranks in Bluff, it's very useful to get out of sticky situations and you have high charisma. Maybe even put rest of the skill points in cross-class skills like Diplomacy and/or Intimidate, with your charisma even with half the ranks you will have good total bonus. If you don't want to be social type of character, put sp into Spot/Listen, it's always useful to tell if something going on and those will give you the chance to do so. Since you are of small size and have invisibility, maybe Move Silently is not a bad idea either.

Both black tentacles and solid fog are great spells, so take one of them that suits you better. To compare - BT doesn't block like of sight unlike SF,which can be both bad or good depending on situations. SF doesn't have any kind of checks, have longer duration (lvl/min opposed to lvl/round) but can be dispersed with a strong wind.

Alter fortune is a very good spell but requires you to spend XP, which means you won't be using it all that often. If you don't have some way of mitigating the cost, then probably skip it.

Iceking
2016-09-03, 02:11 PM
The alter self is something that ill take when I got another level. You never know that I need to get a good roll not do die.

Do you have any other thoughts for the can trips or don't they matter much?

Would you take empozr spell or maximize spell.

My DM just saw part of the build. He only lets me start at the age when I have a hell of backup story. What have I been doing for the last hundred year.
I'm looking for a nice kobold story, involving a chosen one, losing her, maybe to the dragon I used to worship. I've recently heard he killed her himself so I want to get out. Here should be the part here I assist the others escaping.
Ofcourse I need much more of a story, even some details about what happened trough the years.
How did I become a sorcerer?
Etc.

Any assistance here is also appreciated. Or should I ask in a different topic for a story?

MirddinEmris
2016-09-03, 02:39 PM
The alter self is something that ill take when I got another level. You never know that I need to get a good roll not do die.

Do you have any other thoughts for the can trips or don't they matter much?

Playing arcane caster requires understanding of when and how you use your spells. Certain tactical sense also required if you are using battlefield control spells (using them wrong can actually do more harm than good for your party). Things like that comes with experience, so my only tip is to go and play and learn)

Would you take empozr spell or maximize spell.

Empower, probably.

My DM just saw part of the build. He only lets me start at the age when I have a hell of backup story. What have I been doing for the last hundred year.
I'm looking for a nice kobold story, involving a chosen one, losing her, maybe to the dragon I used to worship. I've recently heard he killed her himself so I want to get out. Here should be the part here I assist the others escaping.
Ofcourse I need much more of a story, even some details about what happened trough the years.
How did I become a sorcerer?
Etc.

Any assistance here is also appreciated. Or should I ask in a different topic for a story?

Just take Spellscale in that case. If your gm is being dpicky about it "not belonging" in his bog standard adventure, then say that usually spellscale are rare and from other part of the world and you are here because of your spirit of adventure.

If that doesn't work, just use something like Silverbrow Human (Dragon Magic). No +Cha but additional feat and you are still dragonblood subtype (for the cost of the bonus skill points).

Anthrowhale
2016-09-03, 02:55 PM
In addition to Searing Spell, consider taking the Planar substitution level which converts half of damage to force. This allows you to damage ethereal creatures and implies that an even larger fraction of your damage applies to the fire immune. Also move Searing Spell to level 6 (dropping Maximize spell). Take Easy Metamagic[Twin Spell] at level 10. At level 12 take Arcane Thesis[Arcane Fusion].

Easy Metamagic[Twin Spell] makes Twin Spell be only +3 so Easy[Twin] Twin Searing Orb of Fire require only a 5th level (4+3+1-3 = 5) spell slot doing expected 105 damage (half force, half searing fire).

Similarly Easy[Twin] Twin Arcane Fusion [Searing Orb of fire, Lesser orb of Fire] requires only a 6th level slot and does an expected 150 damage (half force, and 52.5 searing fire).

This is more than you can get at 12th level with your current arrangement.

At level 13 take Invisible spell. This allows you to nearly double damage via:

Easy[Twin] Twin Invisible Arcane Fusion [Easy[Twin] Twin Invisible Searing Orb of fire, Lesser orb of Fire] from a 5th level slot doing 255 damage. This is overkill for nearly all opponents.

At level 15 take Fiery Spell to boost the damage.

At level 16 take Maximize Spell. You can now do:
Easy[Twin] Twin Arcane Fusion [Easy[Twin] Twin Maximize Invisible Searing Fiery Orb of fire, Lesser orb of Fire] from a 5th level slot doing 465 damage.

At level 18 take Arcane Thesis [Greater Arcane Fusion]. You should be able to crank out about 1350 damage from an 8th level spell slot.

This is very deep overkill. Consider using the level 15 and level 18 slots for something else instead.

Iceking
2016-09-04, 08:38 AM
Latest Version

(didnt change that much anymore)

Age 120 years old.

BAB +6
Speed 30ft.

Saves:

SKILLS:
Skills:20 lvl1 + 25 sorcerer skills + 30 incantantrix skills
Ranks + Misc
Concentration 15
Knowledge (arcana) 15
Spellcraft 15
Bluff 6
Knowledge (The planes) CC: 1

Languages: Draconic, Common, Undercommon (Can I take more cause I have high intelligence, or cant I take any other then the bonus languages?)

Kobold:
Speed = 30 ft.
Darkvision (60ft.)
+1 AC (natural armor)

Sorcerer:
lvl 5: Force-charged energy.

Incantatrix:
Focused Studies
Cooperative Metamagic
Metamagic Effect
Metamagic Spel Trigger
Seize Concentration
Feats

+metamagic specialist
lvl 6: Searing Spell
lvl 10: Easy metamagic (Twin spell)
lvl 12: Arcane Thesis (Arcane Fusion)
lvl 13: invisible spell
lvl 15 Fiery spell
lvl 16 max spell
lvl 18 greater arcane fusion

Spells:

Detect magic
Read magic
Light
Stick
Mage hand
Mending
Prestidigitation
+2 other spells

Lesser orb of Fire (SC)
Magic Missile
True strike
Nerveskitter

Invisibility
Resist energy
See Invisibility
Wings of cover (RotD)
Mirror Image

Fireball
Wind wall
Displacement
Dispel magic

Orb of Fire (SC)
Dimension door
Black Tentacles
option: Assay spell resistance / Solid Fog

Arcane Fusion (CM)

Contingency

I really liked the dmg idea from poster above.

But why 105dmg, i'm counting 98dmg on lvl 12.

Anthrowhale
2016-09-04, 03:58 PM
But why 105dmg, i'm counting 98dmg on lvl 12.

Arcane thesis adds two to your caster level and I was assuming that you can find another caster level somewhere else (if nothing else, from an ioun stone).

Iceking
2016-09-05, 12:29 AM
Arcane thesis adds two to your caster level and I was assuming that you can find another caster level somewhere else (if nothing else, from an ioun stone).

Thx

Was just checking if I missed something.

Anthrowhale
2016-09-05, 10:28 AM
Some more suggestions in case your interested.

Dragonwrought is cool, but the two extra feats of a silverbrow human are generally way better. For example, you can take the magic blooded template with silverbrow human to get Chr 22 (also +6) at level 12. Wisdom drops by 5, and your Int will go down to 14, implying one less skill. Use the extra two feats to shift metamagic earlier, then drop either magic missile or lesser orb of fire at L1 (your choice) in favor of charm person. At level 6 take Mindbender instead of Sorcerer 6 and take the Mindsight feat to get 100' radius radar. With your other free feat slot take Empower spell at level 15.

(1) The damage at level 12 is now 255 (half force, 52.5 searing).
(2) You have way better tactical awareness now.
(3) You do even more damage at the high end since you can Empower, Maximize, and Twin.

Another idea. If I was playing, I would not be optimizing for damage entirely, but also optimizing for defense and mobility. To do this, you need to accept somewhat less damage, take extend spell, persist spell, and item familiar (optimizing spellcraft), then reoptimize your defensive spells so they can all be cumulative via persist spell. Instead of L2 (Resist Energy, Invisibility, Mirror Image), L3 Displacement, L4 Ddoor, and L6 Contingency, consider Greater Dispel Magic (L6), Persistent Draconic Polymorph (L5), Persistent Improved Invisibility (L4), Persistent Permeable Form (L3), and Persistent Swift Fly (L2).

Iceking
2016-09-09, 02:59 AM
Tonight i'm starting to play.

This is what i've became.

What I’ve got so far.
Middleaged Dragonwrought Kobold
Age 72 years old.
Alignment CN

INT: 15 => +2
WIS: 12 => +1
CHA: 21 => +5
BAB +6
Speed 30ft.

Saves:
WILL: +10+1+2 (Iron will)
SKILLS:
Skills:20 lvl1 + 25 sorcerer skills + 30 incantantrix skills
Ranks + Misc
Concentration 15
Knowledge (arcana) 15
Spellcraft 15
Bluff 6
Knowledge (The planes) CC: 1
Languages: Draconic, Common, Undercommon (Can I take more cause I have high intelligence, or cant I take any other then the bonus languages?)
Kobold:
Speed = 30 ft.
Darkvision (60ft.)
+1 AC (natural armor)
Sorcerer:
lvl 5: Force-charged energy.
Incantatrix:
Focused Studies
Cooperative Metamagic
Metamagic Effect
Metamagic Spel Trigger
Seize Concentration
Feats
+metamagic specialist
lvl 6: Searing Spell
lvl 10: Easy metamagic (Twin spell)
lvl 12: Arcane Thesis (Arcane Fusion)
lvl 13: invisible spell
lvl 15 Fiery spell
lvl 16 max spell
lvl 18 greater arcane fusion
Spells:
Spells/ Day: 6/6+2/6+1/6+1/6+1/5+1/3+0
Detect magic
Read magic
Light
Stick
Mage hand
Mending
Prestidigitation
+2 other spells

Lesser orb of Fire (SC)
Magic Missile
True strike
Nerveskitter

Invisibility
Resist energy
See Invisibility
Wings of cover (RotD)
Mirror Image

Fireball
Wind wall
Displacement
Dispel magic

Orb of Fire (SC)
Dimension door
Black Tentacles
option: Assay spell resistance / Solid Fog

Arcane Fusion (CM)

Contingency

As you will see, I didnt get a great backgroundstory to become venerable age (i did however get a nice part of the comming story as main character)

If i want, i'm allowed to lose 2 more strenght and get 2 charisma instead (because of backgroundstory)

Some questions i need to be answered.
1) Should i take the trade?
2) What kind of items do I definatly need?
There is a list of items that are available, it contains some of the following things (including bonusses from +1 to +5)
Armor (mitrhal, adamantine, spell resistance, fortification, invulnerability, wild, energy resistance)
Shield (spined, lions)
Weapons (bane, defending, flaming, frost, shock, keen, spell storing, thundering, distruption, burst, holy, unholy, axiomatic, anarchic, speed, luckblade, sword of subtlety, sylvan scimitar, frost brand, javelin of lightning, slaying arrow, dagger of venom, flame tongue)
staffs (charming, fire, swarming insects, healing, size alternation, illumination, frost, defence)
rods (metamagic, extend, silent, empower, maximize, quicken, ..., immovable rod an drod of wonder)
Rings (protection, feather falling, climbing, jumping, swimming, energy resistance, chameleon power, water walking, minor spell storing, invisibility, wizardry(lvl1 and 2), freedom of movement, spell storing (max 5 lvls), regeneration)
Scrolls: ALL
Wands (all until lvl 4)
Other: Amulet of health, gloves of dex, cloak of charisma, headband of intellect, periapt of wisdom, gauntlets of ogre/fire giant/frost giant power, cloak of resistance, circlet of persuasion, gauntlet of rust,, amulet of AC, boots of speed, boccob's blessed book, belt of dwarvenkind

And of course all regular items.

I'm still talking to my dm about the gold, he suggested 27000 but my previous character (now dead) did have around 100k worth of items.

THX TO ALL FOR THE HELP ON THIS CHARACTER