PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Can any healing spell heal your Eidolon?

Zellsantal
2016-08-27, 04:19 PM
It's something I been looking into and yet to get a full answer, my DM thinks the Eidolon can only he healed by the Rejuvenate Eidolon spells however if I can prove it can be healed by cure spells then he would let it go. So again can anyone tell me for sure if you can or can't heal an Eidolon with other heal base spells?

Necroticplague
2016-08-27, 04:30 PM
It's something I been looking into and yet to get a full answer, my DM thinks the Eidolon can only he healed by the Rejuvenate Eidolon spells however if I can prove it can be healed by cure spells then he would let it go. So again can anyone tell me for sure if you can or can't heal an Eidolon with other heal base spells?

Nothing in the Eidolon's description says that it can't be healed by normal spells. As corporeal creature, it's a valid target for the Cure spells. As a living creature, it's effect is applicable to them. There is literally no reason you can't use Cure spells on an eidolon that I could find.

Zellsantal
2016-08-27, 04:43 PM
What about if your a Synthesist summoner and your healer does a channle does that heal you and the Eidolon hit points at the same time or does it go in the order of your hit points before the Eidolon's?

Extra Anchovies
2016-08-27, 04:54 PM
What about if your a Synthesist summoner and your healer does a channle does that heal you and the Eidolon hit points at the same time or does it go in the order of your hit points before the Eidolon's?

It can only heal your hit points, because the fused eidolon doesn't have a separate HP pool.

The synthesist gains the eidolon’s hit points as temporary hit points.

Crake
2016-08-27, 04:57 PM
It can only heal your hit points, because the fused eidolon doesn't have a separate HP pool.

Does rejuvenate eidolon restore the temporary hit points of the eidolon though? I've been ruling that it does, but now I'm not so sure.

LTwerewolf
2016-08-27, 05:03 PM
Does rejuvenate eidolon restore the temporary hit points of the eidolon though? I've been ruling that it does, but now I'm not so sure.

Strictly speaking probably not. You're not actually healing it after all, but your own temp hp pool. I see it being a reasonable ruling that it could though.

Necroticplague
2016-08-27, 05:38 PM

No

Neither the synthesist nor his eidolon can be targeted separately, as they are fused into one creature. You're one creature that had some extra temp HP, not two creatures.

grarrrg
2016-08-27, 11:22 PM

Yes, Rejuvenate Eidolon (http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fz#v5748eaic9ob8) spell (and similar) DO restore your Eidolon-suit-HP.
Most anything else will only restore Summoner HP and do nothing to the Eidolon-suit.