PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Female Quarter-Orc Paladin of (Anna Labzina)

Zhentarim
2016-08-27, 06:17 PM
What would the racial stats be for the daughter of a half-orc father and a human mother?

Also, would it still be acceptable to believe both the chelish settlers and native mwagians in serpent's skull have it wrong and that the settlers should be kinder to the natives but the natives should also assimilate?

digiman619
2016-08-27, 09:19 PM
RAW? She's probably just a standard Human. You can probably give her the Orc Blood trait since it costs 0 RP.

Geddy2112
2016-08-27, 11:23 PM
Yeah, mechanically she is either human or half orc.

Assuming orc's have X/Y chromosomes for sex determination and human genetics in our real world, simplified:
Her mom was X,X and dad X, Y. Her mom has one X that is orcish, one that is human. Her father's are obviously human. She got her father's X chromosome, which was human. Her mom either gave her a human X chromosome or an orcish X chromosome. Although both are key in development, only 1 X is expressed as one is inactivated during fetal development. Also, assuming orcish traits carry on the other chromosomes she would get a random 50/50 from her parents. Half would be for sure human from her father, but her mother would give ~25% orc and ~25% human. So it is 75% likely she is expressing a human X chromosome, and is at most 25% orcish.

Aesthetically, she might have some orcish features, but is most likely human by all racial factors. It is possible that she is half orc, but it is genetically unlikely. Her orcish genetics are probably not pronounced enough to be half orc. However, you have a case to use the rules for either race.

I once played a half orc bred of two half orcs. Mechanically, I played a half orc, but I could have also played a human with slightly orcish features.

Psyren
2016-08-28, 12:40 PM
You'd either be a Half-Orc or Human. There is no "quarter-orc."

If you want to make one mechanically, your best bet is a Human with some orcish tendencies.