PDA

View Full Version : Ignoring Material Components

flappeercraft
2016-08-27, 07:31 PM
So I recently found out about the spell Shalanthas delicate disk which can be easily exploited but the problem is the material component. Is there any way to ignore the component or a way to get around it? This is for an epic character but I can't get Ignore material component Im missing 1 level to be able to get 25 ranks in Spellcraft

Beheld
2016-08-27, 07:40 PM
Use it as an SLA. Also if the spell isn't 9th level, you can duplicate it with Wish/Limited Wish/that one Cleric spell/Greater Anyspell/Anyspell.

flappeercraft
2016-08-27, 07:44 PM
Use it as an SLA. Also if the spell isn't 9th level, you can duplicate it with Wish/Limited Wish/that one Cleric spell/Greater Anyspell/Anyspell.

How do I get it as an SLA? idk how to do that. Also just checked greater anyspell and it can only replicate up to 5th level spells which does not work as the spell I want is a 6th level spell.

Darth Ultron
2016-08-27, 07:58 PM
Why do you need to ignore it? Just go buy or make a bunch of golden eggs. Then just cast the spell.

Or ask your DM to be cool and ignore all material components.

flappeercraft
2016-08-27, 08:05 PM
Why do you need to ignore it? Just go buy or make a bunch of golden eggs. Then just cast the spell.

Or ask your DM to be cool and ignore all material components.

I want to ignore it because if I can do that then I can have pretty much infinite 5th level spells and lower. Also 200 GP per spell stored I dont think that would be really efficient if I want to have just hundreds of shells for extra spells and also my DM is one of those DMs who just likes to make the game hard and make you earn stuff. He makes it fun but it sucks sometimes like in this case.

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-08-27, 08:06 PM
The latest version of the dweomerkeeper has the Supernatural Spell ability, which explicitly eschews ALL spell components. Even those.

flappeercraft
2016-08-27, 08:15 PM
The latest version of the dweomerkeeper has the Supernatural Spell ability, which explicitly eschews ALL spell components. Even those.

Yeah for 4 levels I think that I should just take a pact insidious and in 3 levels I get ignore material component instead of in 4 levels

Aldrakan
2016-08-27, 08:22 PM
If your DM likes to make the game hard, I can't help but feel that keeping around hundreds of spells that will go off indiscriminately if the incredibly fragile eggs they're stored in are broken is just asking for trouble.

MisterKaws
2016-08-27, 08:23 PM
Just use Shades to replicate True Creation...

flappeercraft
2016-08-27, 08:40 PM
Just use Shades to replicate True Creation...

True creation is a Creation domain spell and not a wizard spell so I cant as in the Shades description it says "mimics sorcerer and wizard conjuration spells of 8th level or lower"

ericgrau
2016-08-27, 08:50 PM
I want to ignore it because if I can do that then I can have pretty much infinite 5th level spells and lower. Also 200 GP per spell stored I dont think that would be really efficient if I want to have just hundreds of shells for extra spells and also my DM is one of those DMs who just likes to make the game hard and make you earn stuff. He makes it fun but it sucks sometimes like in this case.

At epic level 100-1,000 eggs may be all you need for the entire campaign and should be easily affordable with epic WBL. May be a lot easier than a feat or a level. Now if your DM is so stingy on money that you can't even get 1% of WBL... use your epic powers to find a place or plane that does have wealth. Take a detour from saving the world, say it can wait for a day while they party gets funds necessary. Magic items in general will be way more than worth it for whatever goals the party has, so it's not just for eggs.

Unless you want to infinitely stack area damage spells in a delicate disk chain reaction... but then that's a bit abusive too.

Crake
2016-08-27, 09:26 PM
If you're annoyed at having to wait all the way to level 24 before you can take ignore material components, when you hit level 22 just dark chaos shuffle your lame level 1 feat into it, easy peasy. Better yet, if you're an elf, have it replace one of your useless martial weapon proficiency feats.

MisterKaws
2016-08-27, 11:47 PM
True creation is a Creation domain spell and not a wizard spell so I cant as in the Shades description it says "mimics sorcerer and wizard conjuration spells of 8th level or lower"

Oh. I forgot that.

Still, Arcane Disciple to the rescue.

Cruiser1
2016-08-28, 01:40 AM
So I recently found out about the spell Shalanthas delicate disk which can be easily exploited but the problem is the material component. Is there any way to ignore the component or a way to get around it?
Shalantha's Delicate Disk is a level 6 Sor/Wiz Conjuration (Creation) spell. Therefore it can be simulated with Greater Shadow Conjuration (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/shadowConjurationGreater.htm). Greater Shadow Conjuration has no material components, so this allows avoiding the expensive components of Shalantha's Delicate Disk. Just intentionally fail your will save when activating the disk, to ensure it happens 100% of the time.

Silva Stormrage
2016-08-28, 01:52 AM
Oh. I forgot that.

Still, Arcane Disciple to the rescue.

That doesn't make it a wizard/sorcerer spell. It just makes it on your particular spell list.

Also for making it an SLA. the Spellstiched Undead template would work. It's a template any wizard can add to any undead with 19+ wisdom that lets him cast a 6th level conjuration/necromancy... or evocation? Forgot the third school. Anyway, it's cast as an SLA so no material components. It's 1/day so try to get magic in the blood to boost that to 3/day.

ben-zayb
2016-08-28, 03:23 AM
Shalantha's Delicate Disk is a level 6 Sor/Wiz Conjuration (Creation) spell. Therefore it can be simulated with Greater Shadow Conjuration (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/shadowConjurationGreater.htm). Greater Shadow Conjuration has no material components, so this allows avoiding the expensive components of Shalantha's Delicate Disk. Just intentionally fail your will save when activating the disk, to ensure it happens 100% of the time.You forgot to link the deliciously relevant link (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=9518.0).

MisterKaws
2016-08-28, 08:36 AM
That doesn't make it a wizard/sorcerer spell. It just makes it on your particular spell list.

It makes the spell a Wizard spell for you:

Add the chosen domain’s spells to your class list of arcane spells.

Thus, the spell counts as a class spell when casting Shades.

Silva Stormrage
2016-08-28, 04:13 PM
It makes the spell a Wizard spell for you:

Thus, the spell counts as a class spell when casting Shades.

Huh I stand corrected... Interesting

Pugwampy
2016-08-28, 05:59 PM
but I can't get Ignore material component Im missing

None of my DND games ever used material components .....

Too much admin