PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Where are the dragons?

CleanDeceit
2016-08-28, 12:43 PM
I have been running a pretty successful campaign so far as I have been stringing my players along with adventures. Dropping lore bits here and there, I hope will eventually lead them to some very epic quests that I have planned for higher levels. My players just reached lvl 11 and I am looking to deviate from the current path a bit.

When my players created their characters, they all wrote into their background some level of dragon lore (they all hate dragons). I have teased them with hints that a dragon encounter might loom on the horizon but haven't given them anything to chew on yet. I think now is the time to let them go on a detour to chase down taste of dragon blood that they so desire.

I'd like to run a adventure book for this one.
Can anyone tell me of an adventure that involves the heavy use of dragon lore and dragons as monsters? Most adventures I read just have a signal dragon waiting at the end as the BBEG... but Id like more encounters with breath weapons and wing attacks along the way. A whole clan of dragons for the players to slaughter.
Can anyone point me to what I am looking for? (or at least something close)

Thanks a bunch guys.

Eladrinblade
2016-08-28, 01:00 PM
How have you missed the weekly red hand of doom threads?

Name1
2016-08-28, 01:04 PM
Fantastic Locations: Dragondown Grotto might work too, though I doubt your players would enjoy working with a kobold-faction...

CleanDeceit
2016-08-28, 01:08 PM
How have you missed the weekly red hand of doom threads?

I guess I dont poor over the forums enough... Ill take a look

Fantastic Locations: Dragondown Grotto might work too, though I doubt your players would enjoy working with a kobold-faction...

I just found this in PDF format, I could easily take the kobolds and make them something else. It might fit the bill.