PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Best mystery for Oracle of Shelyn

Asteron
2016-08-28, 09:19 PM
I have a friend who is playing Pathfinder for the first time and is wanting to play an Oracle of Shelyn. I'm helping him build it, but I can't decide on the most thematic mystery to take (no 3pp.)

Life seems like the most thematic one to play, although nothing in Shelyn's portfolio covers healing. It just seems so lackluster to be stuck as the healer. I guess she could be a buffer as well?

Any other mysteries that make sense for an Oracle of Shelyn?

Also, any archetypes that would make sense for such a character?

legomaster00156
2016-08-28, 10:13 PM
Well, I'll start by mentioning that Oracles make amazing healers, but if that's not what you want, I'll move on. I would consider Intrigue, Lore, Streets, Waves, or Wind to all be appropriate to Shelyn.

Geddy2112
2016-08-28, 10:21 PM
Well, I'll start by mentioning that Oracles make amazing healers, but if that's not what you want, I'll move on. I would consider Intrigue, Lore, Streets, Waves, or Wind to all be appropriate to Shelyn.

In addition to these, nature and heavens would also work. Life is not just about healing-Shelyn's zeal for life and art and beauty can easily spill over into that myster.

For the most part, mysteries are freeform to a deity. Only clerics have to worship certain aspects. An oracle can choose any deity to worship, even if their power comes from a particular one. Their mysteries don't have to make sense to the deity portfolio-maybe they were chosen to understand something the other clerics can't, or their mystery is important to the deity's greater goals.

Psyren
2016-08-29, 02:14 AM
Seconding Heavens, Nature and Wind. For Heavens though, you may want to skip over the more Lovecraftian revelations.