PDA

View Full Version : Do we only get Monday/Wednesday comics now?

Utaker1987
2007-07-07, 12:00 AM
Just curious by the past few weeks, is this the new setup? I keep checking back every weekend and I end it in dissapointment :smalleek:

Alkor Eldric
2007-07-07, 12:05 AM
Actually for this week, we only got a late monday strip. We didn't get a wednesday strip (which is understandable... wednesday was the 4th of July :smallbiggrin: ). I suspect we'll get a late friday strip sometime this weekend.

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-07, 12:05 AM
We actually didn't get a Wednesday either. I'm kinda worried for Rich.

EDIT: True, it was the 4th of July, but I'm starting to suffer from OotS withdrawal again, like I was a week or so ago. I need tea and cookies BADLY!

Krelian
2007-07-07, 12:09 AM
that and it holds up erfworld. waiting for that too.

denelian
2007-07-07, 12:12 AM
are we allowed to have this thread?

Belkar's Left Foot
2007-07-07, 12:30 AM
Did Rich dies of a D&D overload?!:eek:

Krytha
2007-07-07, 12:35 AM
You will get NOTHING! So hath decreed Arasheed, Lord of Peanuts!

the mysterian
2007-07-07, 12:48 AM
You will get NOTHING! So hath decreed Arasheed, Lord of Peanuts!

*stops chewing arasheed* um.........the new guy did it......

Clamps
2007-07-07, 12:56 AM
I'm getting a smidge worried, now. That Rich skipped the Fourth, okay. Erfworld did too. That he did so without posting "OotS canceled today due to celebration of insult to British"-type post is a little odd.

Probably just paranoid. If it's his health again, though, that's pretty serious. He's been sick a long time.

If it's just canceled Wednesday and it's the traditional "Usually !=Always" for the Friday comic, okay. That's understandable.

Has anyone heard from Giant lately? He okay?

Eladrinstar
2007-07-07, 01:00 AM
There hasn't been a comic on time for quite a while. And no explanations either. I know the comic is free and all, but if you put up a schedule for a webcomic that hundreds of people are addicted too, you should follow it.

tomaO2
2007-07-07, 01:01 AM
The erfworld comic was submitted awhile ago actually but they have to wait for Rich to bother putting it up. The authors of Erfworld didn't skip. though they may as well considering how long it's been delayed now.

Is is okay to complain if a comic is up and all that has to be done is for the headmaster to post it? :smalltongue:

BRC
2007-07-07, 01:01 AM
A few weeks ago he posted about being sick (latest newspost), maybe it didn't go away and he's too sick to update. I would consider that a valid escuse.

gatitcz
2007-07-07, 01:06 AM
Meh. Last week he got sick (with runover from Friday two weeks ago), and this week was a holiday week, so things have been a little delayed. While I'm all for schedules, I'll wait until next week's delays to complain. Erfworld was only submitted a couple days ago, too - in a day or two I imagine we'll have comic goodness.

tmacdevitt
2007-07-07, 01:31 AM
Rich is a great story teller, but he could look into some software that would automatically push the strip when it was ready. that why Erfworld wouldn't have to wait. Then again Rich is paying for the bandwidth, so what's a few days?

Haarculaneaum
2007-07-07, 01:58 AM
most accurately, we pay for bandwidth with those shirts we are all wearing and those books we buy. . .

anyway, what I find odd is that Rich doesn't have a fetch, slave, or buddy who can post something about the delay on here. He seems to get annoyed (as it's in the rules) about speculating on the whys of absence -- so why not just cut those out -- as in:

Joe FanBoy: Hey y'all, Rich will be late with the comic this week -- his spleen looks like his appendix and you know that ain't good.

All OfUs: Cool, yo. We'll just read the archives until our RSS feed wakes us up.

Wouldn't that be a lot simpler?

Haar

Krytha
2007-07-07, 02:03 AM
You know he's watching Transformers. That and the slew of movies in July which are designed to twist our fondest childhood memories into smoking heaps of slag.

Scientivore
2007-07-07, 02:11 AM
Wow, there are a bunch of Rule 34 movies coming out? I hadn't heard. :smallwink:

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-07, 02:26 AM
Maybe Rich should announce his middle name on the forums. By his rules, a middle name probably grants a huge Plot bonus to everything, saves against disease. Or he could take 3 levels of Paladin for Divine Grace. Or maybe just raise his Constitution score. But he gets sick more than is good for him.

innk
2007-07-07, 02:38 AM
I will once again show my opinion here..

Why Rich dont just get rid of the warning that says "comic update mon/wed/fri at midnight. Usually." ??
Everyone knows that, sorry, but it is not usually.
By removing the warning, you will be saying that there is no schedule at all, no previsions of when the comic will be updated, and thats accurately what we get now. If you create a topic asking "hey when the comic will be up" some mod will close it and tell you that no one except Rich knows it and by so you better not ask around it, since nobody will be able to answer you, and i dont know, maybe they are scared of ppl asking that or something.. oO

So if you tell the people officially "the comic will be up God knows when.", its ok man, everyone will just wait, quietly hopefully since they wont have nothing to say about "comic is late" since there wasnt a schedule.
But if you say, like here:
"Updates Monday, Wednesdays, and Fridays before midnight (Eastern Standard Time). Usually."
and dont make that happen, you know, not just failing the schedule once or twice, but actually making it anything but usual.. people will complain. And you know what? They are right. Doesnt matter the comic be free or not, Rich is not doing favors here, he is doing his work, we dont pay him directly for each strip he puts online, but he is still selling all that books, t-shirts, games and all that kind of stuff that just exists because of the free webcomic. He is a professional and is doing nothing but his work here, not doing favors to random internet people..

In my opinion there wouldnt be any schedule, any warning on when the comic will be posted. Rich could just do it and post it when he finds time to do so..
No one would feel in the right of complaining and i could bet that he would work way better, enjoying much more his work without rushing without complaining etc...

Eh.. just my 2 cents..

Malik
2007-07-07, 03:41 AM
I've been reading the comic for a while now and i've never been worried when the strip is up late because i know that eventually it will be up there. So i say to all those people out there that get cranky and upset when the comic isnt on time, patience is a virtue.

The Giant
2007-07-07, 03:49 AM
Anyone concerned about the schedule should read the latest News item (titled "An Important Announcement About OOTS").

The erfworld comic was submitted awhile ago actually but they have to wait for Rich to bother putting it up. The authors of Erfworld didn't skip. though they may as well considering how long it's been delayed now.

Is is okay to complain if a comic is up and all that has to be done is for the headmaster to post it? :smalltongue:

Considering I got Tuesday's Erfworld at 1:19 PM on Friday, no, it's not okay to complain. You should get your facts straight before making accusations.

Setra
2007-07-07, 04:11 AM
You should take a break. Like a month or so.

I can't be sure, as I'm not a doctor, but it seems like working on the comic might be causing some of your illness.

Relax for a while. Get better. Come back refreshed!

Baru
2007-07-07, 04:35 AM
Although Rich has an abysmal constitution, I give him credit for being able to make the strip at all.

evileeyore
2007-07-07, 05:46 AM
Although Rich has an abysmal constitution, I give him credit for being able to make the strip at all.That would be the Will bonus from having a ginormous Wisdom score.

After all, the Webcomic PrC does not get good Will or Fort Save Iteration, but they have a tremendous Ref Save.

Heineken
2007-07-07, 07:45 AM
I have a simple question to all those who complained about the delayed comics:
Do you have a life?
I donīt even notice whether the comic is posted on time or not, because I donīt pay any attention to the schedule. I just come around here once a week or so. If there are one or two new comics, I cheer up, laugh my *** off and go back to the important things in life.
If there isnīt a new comic, I just think "Hmm... maybe next week." and forget about it.
I really donīt understand you...

P.S. Sorry for the poor english. I havenīt spoken in quite a long time....

innk
2007-07-07, 12:25 PM
That is what i was talking about Rich.
Very wise decision.

/applauds

And hope you get better man :\

Roland St. Jude
2007-07-08, 02:48 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: This is not a topic we discuss here.

Missed/Late Comics: Threads speculating on when a comic will be posted or why it may be late will be locked; this does not apply to official threads started by site staff providing notification of a late comic. This applies to both Order of the Stick and Erfworld.

Please see the new announcement on the News/front page for details on the comic schedule.

Please review the Rules of Posting re: what topics are and aren't appropriate here. Thanks!