PDA

View Full Version : Game board in game

SMac8988
2016-08-29, 07:17 AM
Was wondering if anyone has any advice on using a game board in game. I was planning a small, maze like event where the party is split up and slowly chased by mob.

The idea is to have them roll a dice to move and the mob to roll a larger dice in an attempt to catch them. Have some kind of arcanic reasoning behind it, but I feel like it could build some suspense as the lumbering beast gets closer and closer.

But was looking for advice if anyone has ran something like this before?

MrFahrenheit
2016-08-29, 09:13 AM
You mean like a battle mar with your hand drawing the maze/using legos? Or a "real" board game board? If the former, I use one refularly. Haven't ever seen the latter used.

The DMG has chase mechanics in it. Check it out.

SMac8988
2016-08-29, 02:09 PM
I was talking like having them have set paths, with rolling a mystic dice to move set spaces while an impending enemy slowly follows trying to catch them and hit them with some type of checks or something as they go, or something.

MrFahrenheit
2016-08-30, 11:26 AM
I was talking like having them have set paths, with rolling a mystic dice to move set spaces while an impending enemy slowly follows trying to catch them and hit them with some type of checks or something as they go, or something.

I'd refer to the chase rules in the DMG. Could save you a lot of prep time.

SMac8988
2016-08-30, 11:33 AM
Oh awesome thank you!

MrFahrenheit
2016-08-30, 11:34 AM
Sure thing