PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Words of Power Spell Caster: Wizard (Spell Sage) Questions

Levism84
2016-08-29, 09:05 AM
I was going over the Words of Power spellcasting option for Pathfinder and had some questions about how spell words and spells interact. I was hoping I could get some feedback on how it works RAW, RAI, or if anyone has any house rules for using this mechanic.

1. Can a word caster wizard with the spell sage archetype use Focused Spell to boost the caster level of a word spell? Seems pretty straightforward, but I just wanted to check and make sure they could.

2. Can a word caster wizard with the spell sage archetype use Spell Study to use a spell word from the bard, cleric, or druid spell word list instead of casting a spell from the bard, cleric, druid spell list? It makes more sense to me that if they use spell words, they would be able to use this ability to borrow spell words instead of full fledged spells, but I could see arguments for either.

3. If a word caster wizard takes the forest's blessing arcane discovery, do they get a +1 caster level and a +1 to the save DC of word spells whose words are on both the wizard and druid spell list? Obviously for word casting, the second effect of the discovery related to material components isn't going to come into play. However, it seems like the discovery would favor a word caster due to the limited number of spell words and how the druid and wizard spell word lists overlap a great deal more than the druid and wizard spell list. I suppose this could also apply to the alchemical affinity arcane discovery.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Levism84
2016-08-29, 08:59 PM
I knew word casting wasn't a popular mechanic, but I was still hoping at least someone would have insight into this.