PDA

View Full Version : Would this make me dimuniative?

Zhentarim
2016-08-29, 10:17 AM
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/vampire#TOC-Ancient-Youth-Su-CR-0-

So if I were a vampire with this template, and a goblin, and I had permanent reduce person casted on my for 3,000 GP, would I be Dimuniative?

Name1
2016-08-29, 10:25 AM
By RAW no, because Ancient Youth makes you Small automatically. Even an Ancient Youth using Minotaur-Vampire would be Small. If you the reduce person, you'd be tiny, not dimuniative.

By RAI, yes, yes it would.

FearlessGnome
2016-08-29, 10:26 AM
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/vampire#TOC-Ancient-Youth-Su-CR-0-

So if I were a vampire with this template, and a goblin, and I had permanent reduce person casted on my for 3,000 GP, would I be Dimuniative?
No.
The awkward phrasing of that option says you're size Small, not one size category smaller. So I guess you would be an oversized chibi vampire goblin.

Reduce Person also doesn't work on undead. So you would be Small.

Extra Anchovies
2016-08-29, 10:30 AM
Goblin and Ancient Youth vampire both set your size to small. Reduce Person brings that down to tiny.

What do you want to be diminutive for?

Zhentarim
2016-08-29, 10:33 AM
Goblin and Ancient Youth vampire both set your size to small. Reduce Person brings that down to tiny.

What do you want to be diminutive for?

I want to try to be the smallest possible permanently

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/3rd-party-races/alluria-publishing/kval

I think those would make great scouts!

Ruethgar
2016-08-29, 11:09 AM
If 3.5 is possible, Awakened Toads have an ECL of 0. Hengeyokai are also in PF and their true forms can be very small animals. Muckdwellers are Tiny playable creatures with an ECL of 0 as well in Serpent Kingdoms. Also that one fey from MM 2 or 3 Jermain or something. With Human Heritage any of the above options can get Reduce Person for even smaller.

Zhentarim
2016-08-29, 11:54 AM
If 3.5 is possible, Awakened Toads have an ECL of 0. Hebgeyokai are also in PF and their true forms can be very small animals. Muckdwellers are Tiny playable creatures with an ECL of 0 as well in Serpent Kingdoms. Also that one fey from MM 2 or 3 Jermain or something. With Human Heritage any of the above options can get Reduce Person for even smaller.

That is pretty cool!

Ruethgar
2016-08-29, 12:22 PM
Just please, don't explain how in the nine hells an Awakened Toad has Human Heritage, I really don't want to know.

Flickerdart
2016-08-29, 12:32 PM
Just please, don't explain how in the nine hells an Awakened Toad has Human Heritage, I really don't want to know.

It's actually pretty simple - a human-related creature that's suffered a mishap with baleful polymorph or reincarnate fits the requirements. It's still descended from whatever it was descended from (for instance, a half-elf turned into a frog still has a human parent) but it can also be awakened due to being an animal.

Ruethgar
2016-08-29, 02:07 PM
Jermaline, that's the fey I was thinking of, and they are probably your best bet as far as something to look near enough to your little impish beasties. Don't see a PF version though. As to the baleful offspring... just imagine when they get remove curse on them, talk about strange family heritage. "And this is my son, Sir Croaksalot." "But he's a frog, you're a half-elf... aren't there, you know, laws against that? Like laws of nature?"

Inevitability
2016-08-29, 03:02 PM
It's actually pretty simple - a human-related creature that's suffered a mishap with baleful polymorph or reincarnate fits the requirements. It's still descended from whatever it was descended from (for instance, a half-elf turned into a frog still has a human parent) but it can also be awakened due to being an animal.

A druid with weird tastes can also be responsible. Eberron implies pretty heavily wild shaped druids can breed.

If 3.5 is possible, Awakened Toads have an ECL of 0. Hengeyokai are also in PF and their true forms can be very small animals. Muckdwellers are Tiny playable creatures with an ECL of 0 as well in Serpent Kingdoms. Also that one fey from MM 2 or 3 Jermain or something. With Human Heritage any of the above options can get Reduce Person for even smaller.

Hairy Spider: Fine size for +0 LA. Get a Master of Flies to awaken you and Bob's your uncle.

Flickerdart
2016-08-29, 03:48 PM
A druid with weird tastes can also be responsible. Eberron implies pretty heavily wild shaped druids can breed.
I thought it was established that a shapeshifted creature bred as its original? Which is how there are all those half-dragon whatevers, the dragon Alter Selfs into the whatever long enough to do the do, and then X months later, a half-dragon whatever is born.

Malroth
2016-08-29, 08:48 PM
in 3.5 Half giant Druid, Warlock or Artificer makes a bunch of scrolls of Return to nature to use on himself . can get as many arbritary size categories below fine as he wants to or the DM says stop.

Inevitability
2016-08-30, 12:40 AM
I thought it was established that a shapeshifted creature bred as its original? Which is how there are all those half-dragon whatevers, the dragon Alter Selfs into the whatever long enough to do the do, and then X months later, a half-dragon whatever is born.

Except eberron has Valenar riding horses, which descend from druids locked in their wild shaped forms by giant magic. Obviously two horse-elves mating results in a horse child.

illyahr
2016-08-30, 01:01 AM

Hengeyokai are also in the Oriental Adventures book. It's 3.0, but you don't have to change much. Instead of being Shapeshifters, they become Magical Beasts (Shapeshifter).

That's already covered by Chrono Trigger. :smallbiggrin:

http://www.marioverehrer.com/images/cover/frog-s-theme.jpg

Ruethgar
2016-08-30, 02:47 AM
Hengeyokai are also in the Oriental Adventures book. It's 3.0, but you don't have to change much. Instead of being Shapeshifters, they become Magical Beasts (Shapeshifter)

Actually their 3.5 update made them Humanoid(Shapeshifter). Just like Tibbits, WotC made them mechanically Humanoid(or Monstrous Humanoid in Tibbits case) despite being animals that gained shapeshifting.

icefractal
2016-08-30, 03:09 AM

So if I were a vampire with this template, and a goblin, and I had permanent reduce person casted on my for 3,000 GP, would I be Dimuniative?Not (technically) with that template, but you could be a Young (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/simple-template-young-cr-1) Goblin Vampire. It actually reduces your CR, and you get more Dex out of the deal.

As far as getting even smaller, I recommend a Rod of Wonder (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/rods/rod-of-wonder). Every morning, you zap the rod repeatedly at a tree stump until you get result 66-69: reduce wielder two size categories for one day, which would bring you to Fine. And then use Prestidigitation to restore your normal color, if necessary.

Since none of the results are really a problem, you can also earn back its cost by spending a few hours zapping, then collecting and selling the gems that result 88-90 produces.

And if you fire it into the air for a few minutes, you can grow grass anywhere and then super-size it. Or make rain fall anywhere. Or turn sufficiently durable things permanently ethereal. Truly a rod of many uses. :smallbiggrin:

Flickerdart
2016-08-30, 07:50 AM
Except eberron has Valenar riding horses, which descend from druids locked in their wild shaped forms by giant magic. Obviously two horse-elves mating results in a horse child.
That can be explained away as part of the curse. After all, what kind of a rubbish curse would it be if it only worked on one generation?

Psyren
2016-08-30, 09:29 AM
If Psionics are allowed, you can use mind switch shenanigans to end up in any size body you want.

That's already covered by Chrono Trigger. :smallbiggrin:

http://www.marioverehrer.com/images/cover/frog-s-theme.jpg

I always just made him a Grippli

Extra Anchovies
2016-08-30, 09:55 AM

It's pretty simple, really. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Frog_Prince)

I always just made him a Grippli

You know, I was going to speculate that Frog was the reason Grippli exist in the first place, but the Grippli actually predate Chrono Trigger by 13 years. Huh.