PDA

View Full Version : Disgaea Nibelheim Conquest IC

arixe
2016-08-29, 04:56 PM

The air with the scent of booze and the sound of arguments followed by rattling weapons as well as the cracking of furniture. The great halls of the fortress ring with the sound of "Diplomacy". You step into the great fortress to join the call to battle and to stop the Skull Tyrant Aq'zog. You can feel the power flowing from the grand hall, most likely from the Overlord rumored to be in attendance.

As you enter the conference room you see several figures sitting at a nearly destroyed table behind them are a horde of minions glaring at each other. At the twelve o'clock position of the table sits a young girl with red eyes and purple hair tied in swallow tails, next to her resting against her chair is a large katana. At the two o'clock position sits a pale fellow with a gapping hole in his chest with glowing blue eyes atop his head sits a coyote skull with glowing red eyes complete with two sets of horns, under the skull you spot twitching coyote ears.

At the four o'clock position sits an elegant woman with ice blue hair dressed in a vibrant red risqué gown with a large fur collar the whole dress is trimmed in gold. Behind her the wall is burnt to a crisp. Across from her sits a red skinned spit fire with eyes color of molten copper and hair of golden flame. Her outfit consist of leather belts covering every in accordance with STUNT regulations. On her feet are greaves that seem to function similar to a hot rod engine. Behind her ice coats the walls as well as two skulls frozen solid. Her side of the tab is the most destroyed

Overlord Council (https://docs.google.com/document/d/139fg7I4V2ll8g4KCmNK4Vh1fZ0g4181gYcTtnsnaCe8/edit?usp=drive_web)

Merilan
2016-08-29, 05:09 PM
On the six o' clock position at the table was a plaque that reads 'Mugenkyo, Land of Illusions'; a young human-ish girl with demonic features is seated casually on the chair, her oversize feather-ruffed coat slung over the backrest. She's very visibly an Asagi, with the familiar black hair, donning a black tanktop and hot pants to accompany the armwarmers and leggings. A katana sat on the table, bobbing up and down now and again.

Well ain't this a motley crew? the sword spoke. We gonna trade numbers an' dislikes? Take selfies? Ooh, I'm good at takin' selfies!

"... Asa-giri," Asagi stared at the sword, who piped down.

You the boss, ma'am, the sword whimpered.

"Asagiri Asagi, from Mugenkyo," she tersely responded. "Are we good to start this meeting, or?"

DoctorFaust
2016-08-29, 08:46 PM
"The representative of Naoetsunise is," Ciel replies, parting her mouth in a grin just wide enough to show her teeth. Having claimed the seat closest to the head of the table as she could, Ciel lies sprawled sideways across her chair. Despite her small stature, her legs are hanging over one of the arms, kicking listlessly, and her head is at an accompanying angle with a wide-brimmed hat balanced delicately to shade her face.

RdMarquis
2016-08-30, 02:04 AM
Maris, with her red dress and sword, was beginning to feel a little plain in comparison to their hosts. Which was probably deliberate. Never show weakness in front of your rivals, and all that. She folds her hands on an intact part of the desk. "As is the representative from Nibelheim." Maris flashes a small smile at the assembled demons. "My name is Maris, of House Cygne." She tries to sound confident, but inside she is hoping no one answered with a "Who?"

Turning to the chairs beside her, she indicates Mezlisa and Dalton. "Oh, and allow me to introduce my-" Entourage? Definitely not. Retinue was formal enough, but still not fitting. "-friends! Mezlisa and Sir Dalton of the Clan Kubiru."

Lokyar
2016-08-30, 06:07 AM
Years of training and iron self control allowed Dalton to sit impassively among these powerful demons, the extent and their unpredictability apparent in the damage to the meeting room, without batting an eye. Nonetheless he did flinch, slightly, as he was presented as Maris's 'dot dot dot friend'. "Associate will suffice. It conveys the appropriate information, that we are known to each other and stand if not together then in the general vicinity of each other's interests." He smiled politely and bowed his head slightly in acknowledgement of her introduction before returning his attention to the larger group. "But yes, I am Sir Dalton of the Kubiru Demon Clans, and I have been granted leave to represent their interests in this meeting."

That he hadn't been given any authority to speak on their behalf, or any indication that the clan would back any moves he made, was left tactfully unstated.

NekoIncardine
2016-08-30, 10:06 AM
To Maris' right, there was... A high chair that had been knocked on its back and shoved off to a corner of the room. In its place was a significantly less high chair, mostly covered by the wings of a fairly typically-dressed Succubus, who was leaning forward to put her chest on display.

Plan 1 in this situation: Distract at least a couple of the councilors. She giggled, blowing a kiss at no one in particular with two fingers as she was introduced.

"I'm not with a particular clan; I'm just Maris' manager. Feel free to ignore me~ Unless you don't want to, of course~"

Her other hand, under the table, was ready to furiously take notes from her observations of the situation. Mezlisa was, if nothing else, intensely savvy about the situation presented before her.

arixe
2016-08-30, 12:52 PM
"Well now that bit of "debate" is done you two are in agreement that the man bun is a terrible look. On to more pressing matters like introducing our selves to the new guests. I am Aamina Kaze, Overlord of the Shadow Lands. I am also the mediator of this council." The girl speaks confidently but her adorable appearance makes it difficult to take seriously.

"I am The Savenger once great demon lord of the Nibelheim wastes runner up in the last great tournament." His voice is strained and sounds pained.

"I am the beautiful, elegant, queen of all ice Natasha, current overlord of Stygia, Nifleheim, and if that fool of a giant could afford a ring Jotunheim." She sounds lovely but the arrogance quickly shows this ice rose has sharp thorns and oozing pride.

"Finally, for an ice queen your full of alot of hot air. I am Agnis daughter of Agni lord of fire and blah, blah blah. I represent the fire clans in this discussion. Also don't mind Natasha she's all bark no bite." She smiles aND blows a very immature raspberry at Natasha who turns red with rage causing the room to drop in temperature the other half remains sweltering.

"Enough! We need to discuss Aq'zog." Aamina snaps and the argument grinds to a halt. " I will let the new comers have the floor"

RdMarquis
2016-08-30, 04:34 PM
"What is that guy's deal, anyway? Besides the necromancer thing." Clearing her throat, Maris explains, "I was, er, human during his conquest and rise to power. By the way, if you need someone to rally the people against him, I'm already working on it." If building a fanbase could be considered the same thing.

Merilan
2016-08-30, 04:47 PM
Asagi rubbed at the back of her neck, and looked to Maris for a moment. Then back at the old-timers.

"I didn't get any materials to read beforehand, but I assume... given that you folk have had this meeting more than once, and Az'qog is still around, you haven't had much success." She holds both her hands up in a somewhat pacifying tone. "That's fine, but I need to know from you what you've tried before and why it didn't work."

Asa-giri, on the table, chimes up with, You got your asses whupped.

Asagi gave her another glare, and then pointed a finger up. "And no fingerpointing."

NekoIncardine
2016-08-30, 06:26 PM
Mezlisa quietly nodded. "We're dealing with a powerful Overlord, yes... But seemingly not one out of range of a group as strong as those already here. What kind of resources have given him so much power, if you can give us a guess?"

(1d20+22 = 26) Diplomacy. She's trying to flatter the powerful demon lords around her even as she asks a pretty pointed question, to get more out of them.
(1d20+12 = 13) Sense Motive. She's also eyeing the reactions around the room. The odds someone's hiding something are pretty high here, after all...

Lokyar
2016-08-31, 01:40 AM
"For the benefit of Miss Maris, in short: He is a corruption of demonkind, and I do not use that word glibly or lightly. Conquering and competition are both laudable goals and he has perverted them in his rule. He does not conquer, he spreads, leaving ash and void in his wake. And he uses one of the high forms of competition, the lethal tournament, to stamp out all true competition."

Dalton scowled. "A Kubiru has never been Overlord, but all the greatest Overlords have had one of our Onmyo among their circle to provide council and to guide the next generation of demon nobility. Aq'zog has shown my clan his disdain time and again, and this is the result."

arixe
2016-08-31, 01:09 PM
"His resources are vast and we are unable to pin down exactly what makes him so formidable. Its quite possible he aquired an artifact or something to that effect." Aamina looks pensive "his minions are quite powerful them selves among of them are fersome demon lords and fallen overlords. Perhaps a large scale war is our only option" she sighs

"Why do you sound so disappointed, this sounds like a blast I've always wanted to participate in a war on this scale" her flames change color to red as her blood begins to boil at the thought of all out war.

"What are the Kubiru's plans?" the scavanger asks.

"I'm more curious about Maris' plans. I like turning his allies against him aproach" Natasha flips her hair

NekoIncardine
2016-08-31, 03:15 PM
Mezlisa leaned back into her chair at this, sighing. "And then there's the fact that those who compete in his tournament tend to disappear. Odds to evens he's not simply killing them."

She then turned to Maris, awaiting her opinion eagerly.

DoctorFaust
2016-08-31, 04:09 PM
Without moving from her chair, Ciel raises her voice to say, "Taking away his most powerful supporters sounds like the best idea. Engaging someone like him directly would be foolhardy, even with us now on your side."

Merilan
2016-08-31, 04:25 PM
Asagi let out a little sigh, and then picked at a bit of her hair. She wasn't expecting the flow of information to be complete, but not this... incomplete. She'd have to do some research herself, right after this. But to more pressing matters...

"An all-out war is a bad idea when we, as you admitted, don't know our enemy. Before we can make a bold move such as that, we need to gather more information about what makes him tick. Where his funds come from. What makes him strong. What his followers think. And that requires a small team, not an army," as she looked to the other newcomers. A plan was forming in the young Overlord-to-be's head.

"Maris has the right of it. She's already got a head start; we'll build on that. We'll head down to Nibelheim proper; get a feel for what the people think, who the movers and shakers are, what the current politics are; figure out if there are any other resistance pockets."

She tapped her fingers and looked at Maris, Dalton and Mezlisa. "Looks like you three already know each other, more or less, so why don't Ciel and I join you in this?"

RdMarquis
2016-09-01, 12:33 AM
"A song of hope." Maris grins. "A message that will resound throughout the cosmos. As noted, Aq'zog is counting on our worst natures to overcome us. He plans to continue his campaign of destruction while we fight among ourselves." She ponders, then thinks better of flourishing her sword. "But even we demons can hold love in our hearts. Nibelheim is our home. And my music will give us the power to defend it!" Instead, she points with her finger as she climbs onto the table.

Merilan
2016-09-01, 01:49 AM
Asagi was silent for a good long while. You could positively see the speech bubble go . o ( . . . ) over her head.

Asa-giri piped up with a very helpful, Wow, you just can't get a break from Idols, huh? Should I call you Asagi-P now-- The sword squeaked as its hilt got a resounding *thwack*. She can't hurt you no more, boss! You're strong and beautiful and you're worth your weight in gold! ... a gold album, that is!

Asagi sighed in turn, but then said, "That might give us a measure of subtlety, actually. What's the state of your-- uh--" She paused, and bit her lip, "--fanbase, I should say?" She didn't sound terribly certain.

Lokyar
2016-09-01, 05:16 AM
Dalton glanced over at Maris before answering Asagi. "From what I have seen, less than we need for a revolt of the realm to be successful on it's own, but much more than I had expected. Her capacity to sway the people is intriguing."

Turning he leveled his gaze on the Scavenger. "My people are facilitators, and in this we hope to facilitate the rise of one more in line with the traditions and dignity of demonkind. We offer guidance for your leaders, prognostication for your generals, and our elites count among the best of the realm's assassins for whom a fortress is more map marker than protection."

NekoIncardine
2016-09-01, 09:20 AM
Mezlisa blinked as Maris went into her full speech, clapping politely a little at the end, but not entirely sure this would do quite what she wishes. Still...

"If we can get enough sway over the commonfolk with her methods... Then mine should be enough to bring enough of his elites to doubt as to reduce his power. That will hopefully be enough."

That was assuming the artifact that was likely involved could be bested. Or her power great enough. She was one of the better spellcasters of her kind, but...

arixe
2016-09-02, 05:16 AM
"Well if something isn't done soon we will handle it and that would be very unfortunate for all the demons involved." an are of discomfort fill the room and overwhelming feeling of good makes your hair stand on end. Three angels enter the meeting room. The first is a blond with blue eyes and a disapointed motherly look on her face. The second look like a cyber punk cosplayer with high tech weapons and such. The last one look like a nun who'd guilt you into anything with just a look.

"You demons have let this createn run rampant far to long now his minions are leading campaigns against Celetia. If you don't handle him quickly we have orders to obliterate ever demon on Nibelheim to prevent him from matching on Celestia." at the word obliterate the cyber punk angle giggles and grins with a malace that is unbecoming of an angle.

"Why can't we skip the consorting with these animals and slaughter Nibelheim just to be sure they dont flub this up." the cyber punk angle inquires.

"Now now we can't just slaughter any demon threat we want the demon to handle this so we dont waste the man power on a foolish crusade." the nun retorts.

"I don't remember inviting angels to this conference." Aamina glares holes into the lead angel like some vendeta has been unburried.

Merilan
2016-09-02, 05:33 AM
Asagi would be extremely loathe to admit it, but her demonic heritage made the angel's aura of Good shiver in disgust, even if she didn't particularly align with either. Though the looks the nun and the blond, motherly one are giving extremely reminded her of her mother.

She still hasn't ruled out 'secret archangel' as one of her mother's possible origins.

"Look, nobody make any rash moves here," Asagi said, a little exasperatedly. She had half a mind to just skip out of this meeting. Nothing good ever came out of an assembly with demons and angels mixed in it. "Nibelheim is currently a Netherworld that thrives on bloodsport and violence. You bring an all-out war or a cadre of angels and you're just playing to their strengths. They want a fight. Don't feed the troll."

She paused, and then cleared her throat.

"We all agree Az'qog is a problem, we have a plan, we're sticking to it. The five of us'll form a ground team and do our job to gather intelligence and turn his people against him. I've seen this pattern before, okay?"

Is that about the time you cameoed in Di-- Asa-giri eeks and bounced off the table and hopped on her sheath as Asagi attempted to drop a heel on her. Sore spot, sore spot!

DoctorFaust
2016-09-02, 05:55 AM
"Ka ka ka."

For the first time since entering the room, Ciel pulls her hat off her face, and fixes the angels with a lazy grin. "We will handle the usurper. You needn't worry your pretty little halos about that. However, if we're directly working for the angelic cause, you might want to start discussing compensation for our time."

Lokyar
2016-09-02, 08:26 AM
Dalton smiled pleasantly at the angels. "Ah, the meddlers have arrived. I had wondered how long it would take for you to make your appearance and threaten violence in the name of peace. I would say I foresaw this, but that would be akin to predicting rain in a thunderstorm."

He leaned in towards Maris and whispered(not really) "Much like Aq'zog the Host conquer in a way that leaves nothing of value, only with a lingering odor of hypocrisy."

NekoIncardine
2016-09-02, 03:11 PM
Mezlisa simply glanced towards the three Angels, not speaking a word as she observed the three at first...

It was certainly odd that they'd be present - someone invited them - but odder still that they'd send one who was openly bloodthirsty. Normally, they'd always send emissaries of peace first. Or assassins, apparently.

"Well, Ciel's not wrong. If we're saving Celestia a lot of resources thanks to their threatening a purge, never mind one that would play directly into Az'qog's hand, some resources to help us on the job would be nice."

[roll0] Sense Motive - focused on the Angels, but also getting a read on the room and who may have let the Angels into a council like this.
[roll1] Diplomacy - Mezlisa's angling for some resources. While her tone seems focused on the Angels, she's also hoping to nudge at the other Overlords' pride - no way they'd offer lesser bribes than freaking Celestians for a group of warriors up to the task.

RdMarquis
2016-09-02, 03:54 PM
Maris elaborates on Dalton's answer to Asagi. "In the thousands, and growing. Mostly demons our age." A cold smirk replaces her grin. "Chafing under an iron-fisted ruler, school system, or even parents. Looking for a clue to finding their own path in life." She widens her regard to the others at the meeting.

"And no one could provide a better role model on that front than a delinquent. A rebel who is simultaneously hated, feared and admired. Not a leader to hand out orders, but someone whose example they would want to follow." Maris might sound a bit more sinister if she wasn't still posing with a leg on the table and pointing.

Moreover, the party from Celestia interrupts her. Maris responds to their words with a disappointed look of her own, but her skills are simply not sufficient to win the resulting beam struggle of silent judgment. She sits, crossing her arms and wishing her power level was higher.

"I might have known," Maris nods at Dalton. "But you are wasting your time here. My powers of light will be more than enough to replace yours in the struggle against Aq'Zog."

arixe
2016-09-03, 02:46 PM
"COMPENSATION!!! I should behead you all, filth! Demons are the reason he hasn't been handled sooner, playing his death game, playing right into his hands your depravity is why hes the problem he is today." the cyber angel is livid at your request for compensation.

The other angels glare at the girl and she quites her self in frustrated rage.

"We applogize for our comrade she is young and short tempered. You will be compensated fairly if you can provide results...." the nun says sturnly. "As a pay ment of good will and some one to provide progress reports we will provide you with one of our servants." a white prinny with tiny fluffy wings waddles out.

"Well if the plan is to allow you five to take on the task of taking on Aq'zog we will provide you our own servants and you may use this fortress as a base of operations." Aamina snaps her finger and a prinny dressed as a butler steps out fallowed by one with hot rod flames and next to that a gray prinny that has apperently been chewed appon. Finally steps out a young girp dressed in a ice blue prinny kigarumi. "What, I think the usual prinny servents are so last year" Natasha brushes of the glares of the other overlords.

Merilan
2016-09-03, 03:08 PM
Asagi had to admit, the cyber-angel's response was more along the lines of what she was expecting. But she was also hoping that her comrades would be persuasive enough, and fruit was borne. "A servant? I suppose that's more than I was expecting," she had to be blunt, staring at the prinny. Though in their own way, she was expecting the angels to use their servant as a means of keeping an eye on them. Well, their plan didn't involve subterfuge of their allies at the moment, so that shouldn't be a problem...

"That's pretty generous of you," she nodded at Aamina and quietly picked herself up. She walked over to the winged prinny and knelt down to peer at it. "If we're all agreed, we should get going. What's your name, uh..."

arixe
2016-09-04, 07:14 AM
"Usui Lady Asagiri, I will serve you in this campaign against the Skull Tyrant." she bows and her fluffy wings flutter abit.

Lokyar
2016-09-04, 04:04 PM
Dalton caught the eye of the well dressed prinny, nodding his head once to signal it to attend him. He focused a moment and a ghostly woman, sharing many minor features with Dalton, drifted into view at his right shoulder. "Gwenyvieve, if you could see to orientation for the new attendant?"

She turned and gave an appraising glance at the prinny. "Of course, Sir Dalton."

Merilan
2016-09-04, 04:05 PM
"Well, aren't you a well-mannered one?" Asagi couldn't help but chuckle, giving Usui a gentle pet on the head. She pulled herself up and looked to the others. "I'd like to review our facilities in this fortress of yours. We'll need to identify what we have, what we're lacking, and who we'll need to speak to to address that."

arixe
2016-09-06, 05:19 AM
"Yes my lady, I shall take every one on a walk around the facilities." the butler prinny nods. "My name is Kray Sir Dalton." he opens the main door for you "if you could please proceed to the lobby i shall explain the facilities". After everone including the unassigned prinnys gather in the main hall the prinny begins his tour. "First we have Rosen Queen INC. They will provide you with all kinds of equipment tools and items. They even do special orders for magical or rare items. Next is our dimensional guide he will send you to areas you wish to investigate. Next is the item worlder she will allow you access to special dungeons inside your gear. After her we have our assembly where you can talk to the council to make alliences, demand war funds, unlock privileges so on and so forth. Are these accommodations appropriate?" the prinny looks thrilled to be serving a new master.

Lokyar
2016-09-06, 10:03 PM
Gwenyvieve favors the refined prinny with a smile. "This will make an excellent base of operations. Thank you, Kray. We appreciate a professional attitude in our attendants, be assured your service here will count greatly towards your reincarnation."

From the center of the room where he is examining the area Dalton turns to affirm the statement with a nod. "I assume there are private rooms to be had elsewhere. That can be handled later, but I would prefer one with easy access to the library if one is available. For now we have work to do. Information is the key to any war, and we have too little on our opponent. Do we have any contacts within the local ninja clans that could serve as scouts and spies?"

Merilan
2016-09-06, 10:06 PM
Asagi followed Kray and reviewed the facilities with a quiet hum, saying, "It's much like mother's castle... though I can't say I enjoy the idea of going into one of my items for a while."

You're already into me, Asa-giri chimed in with a glib tone.

"I'll pointedly ignore that," she folded her arms. "Maris, who were these, er, fans you were referring to earlier? Anyone you'd recommend we speak to? I'm going to go do some digging otherwise."

NekoIncardine
2016-09-07, 12:49 AM
Mezlisa simply quietly followed the group... After a few seconds, motioning for the girl in the Prinny kirigurumi to push her chair around for her, so she could take some notes as she observed the castle instead.

"That's definitely her call to make, not mine," Mezlisa responded. "But we'll need a lot more than 'fans' to win this... Fortunately, between her and me, I think we can handle~"

RdMarquis
2016-09-13, 12:37 AM
"Perhaps, but a few extra allies never hurt. The-" Maris tries to keep her expression neutral as her eyes settle on the two remaining Prinnies. Huh. Racing flames, and...a zombie? After a moment's deliberation, she waves the former over with a smile. "As I was saying, the beauty of advertising is that you can reach just about anyone, anywhere. What I've been working on lately is getting my music playing in Aq'zog's capital." Pulling out her device, Maris begins checking messages.

Merilan
2016-09-15, 05:26 AM
"Absolutely," Asagi agreed, folding her arms. "Let's take a look at the biggest pockets of resistance against Az'qog. Common enemies make for convenient bedfellows."