PDA

View Full Version : Searching old threads

Fri
2016-08-30, 03:41 AM
When I'm searching threads (presumably old threads, might be all threads, not sure), I can't see page other than the first page.

For example, my search give me 4 results of pages. I can only see the first page. If I sort the list to "descending" I can see newest threads, and when I sort the list to "ascending" I can see oldest threads, but none of the two pages in-between.

I just assumed this is limitation of the engine or because the engine actually shows the result wrongly, there's actually never four (or any other arbitrary number of) threads, but is it true? And can I actually see whatever in page 2 and 3 of my 4 pages of results (by say, making the result show more threads per page)?

Rawhide
2016-08-30, 05:47 AM
When I'm searching threads (presumably old threads, might be all threads, not sure), I can't see page other than the first page.

For example, my search give me 4 results of pages. I can only see the first page. If I sort the list to "descending" I can see newest threads, and when I sort the list to "ascending" I can see oldest threads, but none of the two pages in-between.

I just assumed this is limitation of the engine or because the engine actually shows the result wrongly, there's actually never four (or any other arbitrary number of) threads, but is it true? And can I actually see whatever in page 2 and 3 of my 4 pages of results (by say, making the result show more threads per page)?

This behaviour is normal, and is the same way as other search engines such as Google works. There aren't actually four pages of results, everything after the first is just guesstimmated, as you browse through the pages, then it sorts out the inaccuracies.