PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Bard (Negotiator/Demagogue)

Zhentarim
2016-08-30, 01:16 PM
How would you roleplay a Neutral Evil Bard (Demagogue/Negotiator)?

Are there any VMC's like rogue or druid that might boost the power? If so, how would rogue or druid impact the personality?

Eldonauran
2016-08-30, 01:34 PM

Are there any VMC's like rogue or druid that might boost the power? If so, how would rogue or druid impact the personality?

Quick note: Demagogue replaces Inspire courage +1 and Lore Master, Negotiator replaces all of Inspire Courage and Lore Master as well. Seek advice from your GM on how to resolve the conflict before proceeding.

As far as role playing such a character, the archetypes seem to heavily indicate that the character is adept at manipulating people. Depending on what kind of campaign you are in, you could focus on swindling people or carving your way up into political power to get as much control over others as you want. Your character should DESIRE to be in control of whatever it is they are doing; leading the party, making decisions, splitting the loot, etc.

Giving up Inspire Courage cuts into the character's combat ability. I would suggest using VMC to resolve that. Barbarian would be beneficial, especially if the character throws a tantrum (lol) if they don't get their way. Sorcerer won't hurt to get bloodline abilities that help (Abyssal/Orc to boost strength). Magus could be a solid choice, as it will let you enhance your weapon with swift actions. Yeah, definitely Magus, especially if you can learn a few Magus spells before level 11.

Geddy2112
2016-08-30, 02:50 PM
http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/game-of-thrones-aidan-gillen-petyr-baelish.gif
This guy

The only druid archetype I can think of that would work with the concept is the Urban Druid, which nets a domain and that is OK I suppose. VMC druid would make a social type bard a bit weird as they would have a cat or some other animal companion. That said, the idea of the cunning apex predator fits the NE druid. And being the apex predator of society is the Demagogue.

For a rogue, you have the smuggler, charlatan, smuggler, investigator, and kitsune trickster that would make for a good dip. Rogues and bards are pretty similar conceptually, although the rogue has the stealth/thief/attack the weak spot aspect, so that would just bleed over.

Zhentarim
2016-08-30, 03:18 PM
Crap...
Flavor wise, I liked the idea of a famous type that, while evil, was a popular royal propagandist. Demagogue is closer to what I want, I guess.