PDA

View Full Version : Adventure Time 5e

thedanster7000
2016-08-31, 03:31 AM
Adventure Time 5e
Ooo's sun begins to set over the Candy Kingdom.
The four of you, united in your desire for adventure, have made your base of operations in the upstairs of a tavern owned by another wannabe adventurer, a warrior shaped like a candy bar, who wants to tag along on any quests you may find.

A window in the tavern allows you to see the public noticeboard outside that was recently erected due to your small, but sincerely signed petition. A few people have put things up, and you go to investigate any potential adventuring opportunities. A lot of the papers are business advertisements: retail shops, the mages' guild, a local concert. After these though are some work options...

Adventurers wanted to retrieve ancient relic, meet outside old well at midnight for details.
Security team needed for festival! Head to the main stage to apply!
hEros Neded!! pleAsE hElp SaVE oUr tOWn!!!!

Lazarus_Solsong
2016-08-31, 03:53 AM
(Don Juan speaks to himself while floating slowly to the public board)

"Don Juan wonders what jobs they are today? Don Juan hopes it is nothing boring like always. Don Juan needs excitement and epic stories to tell. Not oh I just you know blah blah blah."

(Long pause at the board)

"Nothing like always! All of these jobs Don Juan can do without breaking a sweat."

ManInACandyVan
2016-08-31, 03:58 AM
The diminutive bard wobbles atop a stool, trying his best to both maintain balance and read the fliers.

"Ooh!" Kane exclaims, nearly forgetting his balance. "There's a job for the festival! I think I can get some real publicity if I play my sick beats while we work."

Elbeyon
2016-09-01, 11:29 AM
http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag124/Elbeyon/Tokens/BitzIcon_zps9lld9n1c.png Bitz

Off in her own head-space she fails to pay attention to what everyone is looking at. "Waaaaa!", Bitz says excited surprised. A tall glass of milk going to her face and the milk itself running down her cheek as she simulates drinking it. "I love festivals. What's the job?" She wipes her sleeve across her soaked face. "Are we suppose to preform? Ah, whatever! Let's take the gig anyway. My circuits are starting to get all funky waiting around, doing nothing."

Sorry about the late reply! I got super busy with something. Shouldn't happen too often. P: *Gets ready to post again super fast*

thedanster7000
2016-09-02, 03:50 AM
You set off in agreement to the concert, the big stage is often used to host events and they're generally immensely popular; there should be a huge audience there tonight.

Candy people are running around all over the place when you arrive, setting up barriers, speakers, decorations, and the like. Princess Bubblegum's stood on the stage, issuing instructions left and right to everyone. She sees you approaching, "Hello there! What is it you want, we're a bit snowed under here?"

Pigeon's not been able to post, but he should be able to now.

pigeon4752
2016-09-02, 09:28 AM
Doctor Pancake approaches and introduces himself, "We're here about the security job."

Lazarus_Solsong
2016-09-02, 09:56 AM
{Don Juan stands behind everyone with his arms crossed looking off to the side}

"Yeah, like what the Doctor Pancake said. A security job or whatever" {fake yawns}

thedanster7000
2016-09-03, 05:02 AM
"Well you all seem suitably well-armed... Alright! You're hired! People should be arriving any minute from now, and we're not quite ready, so just entertain them for a bit until we're finished."

ManInACandyVan
2016-09-03, 07:38 AM
"Mathematical!" chimes the little rapper. "I'm totally down to entertain!"

He looks for something suitably tall to stand on; the more precarious, the better. Once he towers over the taller folk, he grabs their attention with his mic.

"Hey guys," he whispers, "give me a beat!"

Beat or no-beat, Candy Kane begins rapping sick lyrics from Straight Outta Dungeon.

Straight outta dungeon! Crazy candy cane named Candy Kane!
From a party that's gonna blow up like propane!
I get my luggage from the Fire Kingdom: look at the heat I'm packing!
If you like this, you should listen to more of my rapping!

Actions:
Performance +6
Try to sell my mixtapes out to the crowd!

Elbeyon
2016-09-03, 08:30 AM
http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag124/Elbeyon/Tokens/BitzIcon_zps9lld9n1c.png Bitz

"That alrite. We've got this. Protection from boredom is on the way." A goodbye wave to the princess goes out.

She follows after Candy Kane. He'll know what to do. We'll blow this request out of the water. He needs a beat, eh? She calls out, "Hey!", and waves the people arriving over to them. Then, she drops what she imagines is the best beat ever. She revs up her dial-up and techno mixes it on the spot. Her arms in the air, her mouth all fuzzy with the static of 20th century internet. This internet will keep their interest.

Bitz is preforming the help action. Someone grab advantage on their performance check!

Lazarus_Solsong
2016-09-03, 11:10 AM
Don Juan stands at the ready next to his associates, and waits for Candy Kane to finish his song.

"That was decent,"

grabs the mike and starts singing "Enter the Ice cream (31 flavors)"

Elbeyon
2016-09-03, 12:02 PM

Bitz, "ooo's", at the dis from one teammate to another. Are we about to see the fabled drama bomb she wonders.

thedanster7000
2016-09-04, 06:29 AM
Kane's rapping proves to be very popular, and he sells a few mixtapes and autographs, making 15 GP from his new fans. The crowds disperse from him, however, as Marceline the Vampire Queen arrives and is swarmed by the crowds.

After about 20 minutes, a robot techno band starts playing on the stage and the mad Candy Kingdom rave begins. "I am late. I'm playing here," mumbles a dark hooded figure who attempts to walk past you after all the ticket holders have arrived.

Elbeyon
2016-09-04, 01:02 PM

"No problem", she answers. "We're the fun guards for this little event. Funards." She a bobs one leg outward and moves her hands all crazy-like. Pointing to the air an illusionary "Candy Kingdom Security" sign appears and disappears just as quickly in a small flash of light. Enough to hopefully light up the dark figure underneath the hood. "What are you playing today? Badge please." Identification requested.

Bitz is using some cantrips! Minor illusion and prestidigitation.

You create a sound or an image of an object within range that lasts for the duration. The illusion also ends if you dismiss it as an action or cast this spell again. (Let there be a sign!)

You create an instantaneous, harmless sensory effect, such as a shower of sparks, a puff of wind, faint musical notes, or an odd odor. (Let there be light!)

Bitz is trying to cover up her search as a flashy entrance display.

thedanster7000
2016-09-04, 01:10 PM
The flash of light displays the man's pale face, his skin almost looks stretched over his bones. He pulls his hood further down, growls, reaches into his cloak, and produces a badge. It has no name on it, but has a picture and seems legitimate. He throatily mutters, "I play death metal," giving a small smile.

Elbeyon
2016-09-04, 01:17 PM

She takes the badge and starts looking it over. If she see's no authenticity problem she's going to want to wave him through. Anyone want to stop him?

Lazarus_Solsong
2016-09-04, 05:12 PM
(insight check +0)
"Like, what is the name of your death metal band?
Like we have a list to check, and stuff."

ManInACandyVan
2016-09-05, 06:02 AM
Kane was about to respond to Don Juan's dramabomb, a good opportunity to a rap duel, but work comes first. The miniature, minty man hops over to his party, where they ID some weird hooded guy.

Reading Bitz' cue, he attempts to aid her and Don Juan in turn by annoying the 'death' metal guy.

"Hey, mister!" he says, pulling out a Straight Outta Dungeon disk. "You wanna check out my mixtape? My mixtape? Check it out, it's mathematical!"

Aid action to help the Insight check by distracting the hooded guy.

thedanster7000
2016-09-05, 12:36 PM
His face remains expressionless as he stares back at Don, "I play solo," he growls, "Here comes that vampire, she'll tell you." He shoots Marceline a wave and she waves back with a sharp-toothed grin. "Satisfied?"

Elbeyon
2016-09-05, 12:47 PM

"Alright." She hands him back his badge. "You're all good."

"Screech till your voice box bursts with blood." Or, was it the throat that makes sound she asks herself? She puts a sign of the horns up for him and conjures up some red for her eyes. "METAL!!" The path is all clear on her end as she steps out of his way.

Lazarus_Solsong
2016-09-05, 03:55 PM
Don Juan talks loud enough for all around to hear,

"That's lame, how don't you even have a name for your solo gig? Hmm?" If I were a solo death metal I would call myself, The Necromancer. No you can't have that one, that's for my solo gigs."

thedanster7000
2016-09-05, 05:05 PM
"That is my name," he says before walking past and to backstage, pulling out an electric guitar from under his cloak.

Shortly after, Princess Bubblegum approaches you, "Right, all the acts are here now. How about the tickets, has everyone arrived?"

Lazarus_Solsong
2016-09-05, 05:31 PM
{Don Juan stares at "The Necromancer" ignoring Princess Bubblegum}
"I'm pretty sure that guy just stole my death metal name"
Noticed what was said and looks apologetic
"Uh, yes Princess Bubblegum it seems all are here"
{Cough and clears throat}
"Or whatever"

thedanster7000
2016-09-06, 02:05 AM
"Oh good! Well just enjoy the concert now and stop anyone else crashing the party. You'll be paid at the end of the concert. Thank you!"

The acts go on, various Lumpy Space pop leads, a couple of minstrels using illusions to enhance the song, and then the Necromancer walks on to the stage, skull-fashioned electric guitar in hand.

"And now," shouts the candy rock announcer, "The Necromancer, with his new song: 'Death VIP'! The Nexromancer gives a roar before bursting into a brutal guitar solo accompanied by his constant shouting. It's brilliant. Everyone turns and watches, mesmerised. He plays and screams. He screams and plays. It's brilliant.

You snap out of it when someone is approaching the entrance, and you realise the song must've been going for over 20 minutes. The figure is wearing a dark, disheveled robe.

Lazarus_Solsong
2016-09-06, 06:53 AM
With crossed arms and an upset face, Don Juan listens to the music while glaring at the quote unquote The Necromancer. He soon falls a trance like everyone else and becomes lost in the music.
When the dark figure approaches, begins to snap out of it shakes his head and ask
"Do you have a ticket for the show sir?"

ManInACandyVan
2016-09-06, 07:53 AM
Candy Kane tried to tear himself away from the mesmerizing metal, but simply couldn't. The music was too good, and he had an urge to steal it.

"Must. Resist. Must not. Infringe. Copyright!"

Thankfully, another dark, robed figure stumbles in.

"Oh, thank Glob! You came in the nick of time-" he goes in for a closer inspection, eyes narrowing as he scours the figure with his eye balls. "Hmm."

Making a Perception check:

[roll0]

thedanster7000
2016-09-07, 11:10 AM
Kane looks closely at the approaching figure and notices that it has no flesh, and is in fact a skeleton! It charges towards Don, arms flailing with sharp-nailed fingers!

Its claws scrape through Don's arm, leaving a small gash.

Initiative:
Skele - 22
Party - <22

Don takes 2 damage.

Lazarus_Solsong
2016-09-07, 04:14 PM
It charges towards Don, arms flailing with sharp-nailed fingers!
Its claws scrape through Don's arm, leaving a small gash. Don takes 2 damage.
HP noted7
Don Juan surprised at what just happened fumbles getting his dagger out of the sheath, as frustration builds so does a power he never felt before. He reaches out to the skeleton and
Cast Shocking Grasp +5 spell attack

ManInACandyVan
2016-09-09, 07:49 AM
Initiative: [roll0]

"Aw, yeah!" yells the candy bard as his lumpy comrade shocks everyone with his powers (literally for the skeleton). "Time for a bit of shock rap!"

He starts beatboxing to give Don Juan inspiration.

Giving bardic inspiration to Don Juan for 1d6 inspiration die.

thedanster7000
2016-09-13, 10:51 AM
The skeleton breaks into pieces before you see hundreds of them slowly moving in from the distance. The Necromancer is playing louder than ever, screaming what you now realise to be incantations.

Lazarus_Solsong
2016-09-13, 08:55 PM
Initiative
[roll0]
Watching the dead raise I begin to shake in fear, then I turn and see the one who stole my name and the rage inside overcomes my fear.
I point my crossbow at the rocker who stole my name

"We need to take him down, now!"

(crossbow shot [roll1])

thedanster7000
2016-10-06, 09:40 AM
The crossbow bolt whizzes past the Necromancer, who is unfazed by the attack.