PDA

View Full Version : Way to show previous classes after retraining?

Albions_Angel
2016-08-31, 05:34 AM
Hi all

I have a Lord NPC that USED to be some sort of martial. Probably a fighter with a touch of paladin. No, he doesnt need to be effective in actual combat.

Well he isnt old, but he is retired, retrained basically all his levels as noble.

Is there any way, perhaps through some arcane branch of the Bloodlines rules, or else through retaining class features at a limited capacity, for his past class levels to be reflected? Specifically are there any written rules. I dont like homeruling things unless its very light refluffing.

I know one way would be to only retrain a few levels, but that feels like a cop out. I know its an odd question, especially as this guy wont ever be in combat, but I am a DM who doesnt like unanswered questions or questions that only have fluff answers. I know most people would side step all this and just hand wave it, or maybe build a noble with feats designed for fighters/paladins, but I want a little more than that.

Thanks in advance

EldritchWeaver
2016-08-31, 07:04 AM
Unless there is some kind of archetype, keeping all noble levels, you have otherwise multiclassing, taking feats like Martial Training, abusing Gestalt rules or simply faking it. The latter works if that remains merely fluff. Remember, as GM you are allowed to cheat. Just don't overdo it. :smallwink:

TheIronGolem
2016-08-31, 11:31 AM
I know one way would be to only retrain a few levels, but that feels like a cop out.

I don't see why. It certainly fits what you're trying to do conceptually. It's what I would do in your position; decide what level of fighter he should be roughly equivalent to, leave that many levels of Fighter, retrain the rest as Noble. Maybe adjust slightly for the BAB/saves/HP granted by the Noble levels.