PDA

View Full Version : Any la 0 races that have a bonus to perform?

guildathegray
2016-08-31, 08:10 AM
I'm in the process of setting up a skype campaign, and I need a bard to use with this "muse" 3rd party prestige class that I want to use. It's prereq's are literally just perform 9 and bardic music, so I'm curious if there is a race that can give me a small bonus so I won't have to spend as many levels working up to a PrC that I'm going to take 1 level of.

Probably going something along the lines of bard3/muse1/-> into drag desciple.

PrismCat21
2016-08-31, 09:57 AM
When a Prestige Class has a skill prerequisite, it wants that number of skill ranks, not the overall bonus.
As long as Preform is a class skill at level 1, you can make it into Muse at level 7. (Max ranks = level + 3 for class skills)

PrismCat21
2016-08-31, 10:02 AM
A quick 20 sec google search brought up Faun.
+2 Perform along with other skills

CharonsHelper
2016-08-31, 10:06 AM
When a Prestige Class has a skill prerequisite, it wants that number of skill ranks, not the overall bonus.
As long as Preform is a class skill at level 1, you can make it into Muse at level 7. (Max ranks = level + 3 for class skills)

This.

Prestige classes are designed so that you can't get into them until at least level 6-7. That's why most of them have a skill rank requirement. (Though martial prestige classes sometimes have BAB requirements instead since those characters likely have levels in only full BAB classes anyway.)

Slipperychicken
2016-08-31, 05:59 PM
I think you meant to post this in the 3.5 subforum at this link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?59-D-amp-D-3e-3-5e-d20). This is the roleplaying general forum.

Falcon X
2016-09-01, 02:23 PM
Spellscales from Races of Dragon have a blood-quickening meditation to Hlal that gives a bonus to Perform (storytelling). They also have a bunch of other blood-quickenings for a high level of versatility and great bard flavor.