PDA

View Full Version : Brain storming names for a succubus blooded race taking suggestions and ideas

Reprimand
2016-08-31, 08:55 AM
So I recently posted a thread looking for a race or template I could refluff for a succubus decendant nothing quite fit well I went with the pathfinder advance races race building thing and came up with this:
Native outsider type
Native outsider gets dark vision by default
+2 cha +2 dex
+1 on enchantment spell and spell like abilities gets charm person as a spell like once per day with 15 or more charisma (I reworked this from wisdom because it seemed a little MAD otherwise)
+2 vs mind affecting and poison
+2 on bluff and diplomacy. In addition can shift npc additudes by 3 steps rather than the normal 2 when using diplomacy.

All and all this adds up to less than the race power of the aasimar

I might add possibly a greater variant that gives it greater shape change from the same book.

I'm looking to start brainstorming some names for this race if anyone is interested in helping

So far I've come up with Succubus-blooded but it seems to generic and I wanted to stay away from things that instantly give away its nature like charmer, a tiefling subtype or anything like that. It should be subtle if at all.

It should also been known that Im terrible at coming up with names :/

Telonius
2016-08-31, 10:07 AM
What's the physical description of this race? Any obvious features (wings, tail, particular hair/skin color)?

Reprimand
2016-08-31, 10:29 AM
What's the physical description of this race? Any obvious features (wings, tail, particular hair/skin color)?

essentially any common race most commonly human half elf or elf for the most part but also having one or more demonic traits such as horns residual wings, sharp nails, oddly colored eyes/hair possibly even a tail.

Also tending to be far more attractive than the average member of their race.

Not bound to any alignment but tend towards chaos but much more free to choose on the good/evil alignment though slightly tend towards more selfish actions not necessarily evil actions though.

Their attractiveness tends to make them enemies of in their community who often resent the attraction they garner from potential mates

They often get unwanted attention from those they don't seek attention from as well..

Despite calling it succubus blooded, males are possible and also have incubus traits as well

Calthropstu
2016-08-31, 10:34 AM
What is the source of this race?

I am assuming succubus and human, so the way that usually goes is tiefling down the line, half-fiend for the immediate children.

However, if a large number of humans congregated with a large number of succubi, and the half fiends congregated with both sides in a single community, I could ultimately see a new race being spawned.

Such a race would likely either be named after the cult that spawned it, the geographical location, or, if they have specific outstanding features, on that.

Reprimand
2016-08-31, 10:37 AM
What is the source of this race?

I am assuming succubus and human, so the way that usually goes is tiefling down the line, half-fiend for the immediate children.

However, if a large number of humans congregated with a large number of succubi, and the half fiends congregated with both sides in a single community, I could ultimately see a new race being spawned.

Such a race would likely either be named after the cult that spawned it, the geographical location, or, if they have specific outstanding features, on that.

I'm looking for a name that could fit into any campaign really without needing to add much or change the story too much most dms I know hate needed to change they're campaign around character designs or add new things to make it make sense such as in this case a whole new cult etc.

But they can have any base race paired with a succubus or incubus just the succubus blood race overwrites other racial features.

Although what would be a decent name for a cult devoted to like a queen of succubi or a name for a demon queen herself?

Calthropstu
2016-08-31, 11:07 AM
As I mentioned, they literally HAVE rules for incubi and succubi mating with classic pc races. In fact, they MADE A RACE that is specifically what you are saying.
So in order to justify this new race, you have to come up with a reason for it to exist other than "I didn't like the bonuses that tiefling gave me, and didn't want to pay for the level adjustment of half fiend so..."

Reprimand
2016-08-31, 11:17 AM
As I mentioned, they literally HAVE rules for incubi and succubi mating with classic pc races. In fact, they MADE A RACE that is specifically what you are saying.
So in order to justify this new race, you have to come up with a reason for it to exist other than "I didn't like the bonuses that tiefling gave me, and didn't want to pay for the level adjustment of half fiend so..."

Oh I see what your saying half fiend and tiefling already exist so no derivations from source material can be made despite already having the rules to make custom races?

Why can't a race just be created that applies specifically to succubi and incubi since neither of those races seem to fit the niche that succubi and incubi fit into?

I mean the have a whole book on teifling alternate ability scores and race features but one more is just crazy!

What book has the rules for succubi reproduction exactly?

Calthropstu
2016-08-31, 11:23 AM
Oh I see what your saying half fiend and tiefling already exist so no derivations from source material can be made despite already having the rules to make custom races?

Why can't a race just be created that applies specifically to succubi and incubi since neither of those races seem to fit the niche that succubi and incubi fit into?

What book has the rules for succubi reproduction exactly?http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/demon/demon-alu

Reprimand
2016-08-31, 11:25 AM
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/demon/demon-alu

I'm not talking about a direct descendant either Im talking about a great great great great great great grand child has some traits of succubi or something is that too hard to do?

Why would a tiefling descended from a succubus have a -2 cha?

Telonius
2016-08-31, 11:25 AM
So, a race of interplanar hotties. Glittery. Also related to demons. "Florid" (one definition: flushed/red skin) would fit both. So: Florians.

Reprimand
2016-08-31, 11:26 AM
So, a race of interplanar hotties. Glittery. Also related to demons. "Florid" (one definition: flushed/red skin) would fit both. So: Florians.

This is actually works perfectly thank you

Calthropstu
2016-08-31, 11:30 AM
There is also the demon blooded tiefling, +2 str and charisma, -2 int.

Calthropstu
2016-08-31, 11:35 AM
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-tiefling

Scroll way down and there's a list of alternate types.
Rhakshasa Spawn gives the 2 cha, 2 dex you are looking for so if the gm refuses your custom race, try that.

EldritchWeaver
2016-08-31, 11:42 AM

I mean the have a whole book on teifling alternate ability scores and race features but one more is just crazy!

What book has the rules for succubi reproduction exactly?

There are actually variant tieflings, which give +2 to Charisma (see variant heritages). It wouldn't be much of a stretch to add your own version.

Reprimand
2016-08-31, 08:43 PM
There are actually variant tieflings, which give +2 to Charisma (see variant heritages). It wouldn't be much of a stretch to add your own version.

This is pretty much what I was trying to go for I apologize for being unclear.