PDA

View Full Version : Creating, an Unarmed Warrior, based somewhat on Friar Tuck, how to do it?

PunkManiak
2016-08-31, 04:24 PM
This character is a somewhat peculiar concept, but I'm curious to see if it could work.

The core concept for this character is a warrior/rogue hybrid with a focus on the former. I've been told that Monk might better fit this character, but I do not know, because the character is meant to be more Celtic and Medieval in feel, focusing more on boxing, brawling, and wrestling, than Kung-Fu.

The character would be wearing nothing, but light leather armor.

For the character's core weapons and focus, I figured, something like a pair of Dual Caestus, would work, or perhaps simply unarmed. Some form of improved dodge, so that he can swing out of the way of enemy attacks, since he would be fighting without a shield.

For secondary weapons, he would be carrying a bow and some arrows, for long range attacks, when needed, and lastly the one most likely to cause problems, a hunting knife or a knife meant to cause maximum damage with sneak attacks. It's only real use would be in sneak attacking, but it would still be a part of the character's arsenal.

Additionally I may want to in the future invest a level or two into cleric to get some healing magic, because the character is meant to be a priest. He'd probably be a rather large and muscular human, with an alignment of Chaotic-Good. For Primary stats I'm thinking, Strength, Dex, and Constitution, with a dump-stat of Wisdom.

Here's a link to an example of the Character in Dark Souls:
https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls2/54661

Flickerdart
2016-08-31, 04:45 PM
Let's run this down:

Agile warrior
Punching people square in the face
Bow for punching people who are too far away

Normally I'd go for Swordsage, but you want to dump Wisdom and have archery. Then you, my friend, need a Barbarian. Specifically, a barbarian with Whirling Frenzy, Spirit Bear Totem, and Wolf Totem. This does you many a cool thing:

Whirling Frenzy gives you an extra attack, usable with melee or ranged weapons. This way, you can be awesome at both melee and ranged combat. It's like dual wielding, but less bad!
Spirit Bear gives you Improved Grab, letting you grapple people when you punch their faces.
Wolf Totem gives you Improved Trip, letting you knock people on the ground (and then punch their faces).

You get all this stuff with 2 levels of barbarian, after which you can go rogue or whatever you want. Make sure to pick up Improved Unarmed Strike and Snap Kick, and either Superior Unarmed Strike, a Monk's Belt, or some levels in Fist of the Forest.