PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Ba3l

BA3L
2016-08-31, 08:23 PM
I'm trying to put together an all research driven character (Wizard/Demonologist/Archivist: possibly Warlock) as an example & would love any input or suggestions!!

R.Shackleford
2016-08-31, 08:28 PM
I'm trying to put together an all research driven character (Wizard/Demonologist/Archivist: possibly Warlock) as an example & would love any input or suggestions!!

Sage or Spy High Elf Rogue (Mastetmind)

You have unlocked the secrets of BB or GFB (wizard cantrip).

You have expertise in a knowledge skill... Choose Arcana and watch wizards cry... Especially at level 11... And that's even with a 10 Int.

Gastronomie
2016-08-31, 08:30 PM
Obvious choice will be Fiend Warlock with Tome and Book of Dark Secrets.

R.Shackleford
2016-08-31, 08:34 PM
Obvious choice will be Fiend Warlock with Tome and Book of Dark Secrets.

Bah, what good is knowledge if it's handed to you? You will never learn to appreciate it without hard work.

Gastronomie
2016-08-31, 08:51 PM
Bah, what good is knowledge if it's handed to you? You will never learn to appreciate it without hard work.Believe me, making contracts with devils is pretty hard work. My uncle taught me a lot about that.

Logosloki
2016-08-31, 09:15 PM
Bah, what good is knowledge if it's handed to you? You will never learn to appreciate it without hard work.

Sometimes you need to know forbidden knowledge to get forbidden knowledge. Getting that contract requires a lot of hard work, effort and obscure arcana.

R.Shackleford
2016-08-31, 10:37 PM
Believe me, making contracts with devils is pretty hard work. My uncle taught me a lot about that.

Pshaw, taking that knowledge without giving up anything is the way to go!

8wGremlin
2016-08-31, 10:43 PM
Artimus perused the books in the forbidden section of the library, there one book stood apart from the others chained down to the plinth. Artimus curiosity got the better of him, he crept forward, his hand gently touching the repulsively ugly book.
Even Artimus knew that this was the fabled book of Abdul Alhazred! Artimus slowly lifted the cover.

Weeks later Artimus finds himself in the locked ward of the healers guild, his hair long and matted, his clothing gone, except a long stained padded shirt with the arms tied behind his back. Artimus tries to scream, but nothing comes out his voice gone from overuse, had he been screaming all this time. A guard peers in through a slot in the door, a look of puzzlement he calls out "Acolyte Ja'ain the patient in room 4 has stopped shouting, go get the High abbot." <****ing glad that weirdo has shut up, driving me nuts all this shift, bastard> Artimus hears in his head... then Artimus is aware of the other things he can hear, things that claw and tear at the edges of reality, wanting, urging him, goading him to let them in... the screaming starts again

Sage, Great old one, Tome Warlock...

Gastronomie
2016-08-31, 11:03 PM
Sage, Great old one, Tome Warlock...Floating besides him will be an eldritch creature resembling a slimy raven, except with its feather color constantly changing and swirling like the psychedelic color of soap water, and its face half-resembling a baby. His supposed "Familiar" (via ritual casting).

And it speaks instead of the warlock who's lost his voice.