PDA

View Full Version : The end of the current Story Arc (Many spoilers and speculations!)

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-07-07, 06:48 AM
This book/story arc will end with a major cliffhanger, doubly compounded by Rich's need to take a break for health reasons. And I begrudge him not one second of that time off! Take a day, a week, a month, a season or a year. Whatever it takes for his health, that's what he needs, that's what he should take!

But the story will end with the party split into two groups:

Team 1: Haley, Belkar, Celia and Roy. Rogue, ranger, mage, meatshield.
Team 2: Elan, Vaarsuvious, Durkon and Hinjo. Bard, mage, cleric, meatshield. Plus the ship's crew, Kazumi and Daigo, and a large number of refugees.

(Yes, Elan will be heading up Team 2. Hinjo is not a part of the Order, Durkon is a professional second or third in command, and Belkar, a leader? Not a chance. Leadership is about people skills, not personal abilities.)

Redcloak and the hobgoblins will cut off Haley's return, leaving Haley and Co. the task of getting back to the ship on their own. Hinjo will have no choice but to shove off once he sees that the hobgoblins are about to grab his junk. V will save the day after a quick pass through the Library to grab a scroll or three to give hirself a bit of magic to deal with the next batch of hobgoblins that will try to storm the pier. But once s/he is on board, they will have to go.

Then everybody will announce their decision on what to do next, and the story arc will end with Haley going one way, Elan going another, and Xykon and Redcloak going a third.

Weekend cliff hangers? No problem. Monthlong or so cliffhanger? The fans will be losing their minds!

Kavotruo
2007-07-07, 07:10 AM
Quite possible, and don't forget LG, they will come too, they should have a panel in ending strip of book 3. (If our speculation is right, Nale is grown in Western C.)

factotum
2007-07-07, 07:29 AM
Nice theory, but if the Order stays split, then Roy stays dead, so your first group wouldn't quite be the same. Personally I would expect V to end up with that group anyway, because that way at least they'd be able to use magic to communicate with each other!

Caelis
2007-07-07, 07:39 AM
Hobgoblins grabbing Hinjo's junk :smallbiggrin:

happyturtle
2007-07-07, 07:42 AM
I think you're right that the order will end up split, but I think V will end up with Haley's group rather than Elan's. From her last known vantage point at ground level, she has no way of knowing that there's still a ship at port, and besides, there are a lot of hobgoblins between her and the sea. Going to Roy's body to await a potential recovery operation is a much safer thing to do.

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-07-07, 07:56 AM
Nice theory, but if the Order stays split, then Roy stays dead, so your first group wouldn't quite be the same. Personally I would expect V to end up with that group anyway, because that way at least they'd be able to use magic to communicate with each other!

V gave me the hardest time to guess which way s/he would go. S/he is in the city somewhere, hiding from the hobgoblins and trying to figure out the best plan of action. S/he was near the wall when we last saw hir, but whether s/he thinks of running to the ship, or spots Haley and Belkar hotfooting it out to Roy's body is hard to say.

I divided up the teams based on who I knew was in one area or another (Elan, Durkon and Hinjo are at the ship, Haley, Belkar and Roy will probably end up together, leaving V and Celia as wild cards.) Since Celia's Talisman is right there, it makes more sense for V to go to the ship to provide a better mix of arcane magic to Durkon's divine and Elan's bardic. The two teams will each have the "Optimum small mix" of abilities:

:haley: Ranged, Rogue Skills, :belkar: Muscle and Speed, :roy: Muscle and More Muscle, Celia: Magic

:elan: Some muscle and some magic, :vaarsuvius: Arcane Magic, :durkon: Muscle and Divine Magic, Hinjo: Muscle and Paladin abilities.

(When the Giant feel better, maybe he'll add Celia and Hinjo to the smiley list)

If :vaarsuvius: ends up on :haley: 's team, it will leave :elan: a bit light in the magic area, and :haley: 's team magic heavy. Plus as you said, no way of establishing communications between the two teams. :smallfrown:

I'm not all that good at outguessing the Giant, I thought "Our Heroes" were going to WIN the battle of Azure City, not come in second.

happyturtle
2007-07-07, 08:02 AM
Durkon can cast Sending (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0468.html), so he can communicate with Haley's party. Although he didn't do it when he was lost in Durokan's dungeon. If V can cast it too, then there's two way communications.

factotum
2007-07-07, 08:33 AM
Durkon can cast Sending (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0468.html), so he can communicate with Haley's party. Although he didn't do it when he was lost in Durokan's dungeon.

He might not have been high enough level to cast it back in Dorukan's Dungeon--the OotS generally seemed to be much lower level back then.

evileeyore
2007-07-07, 08:44 AM
Your missing the "prepare it" part of the discussion.

Most Clerics would not bother preparing Sending unless it was actually needed. It serves tragically little purpose in most situations where a Cleric would find themselves needing spells.

Most Wizards wouldn't likely prepare it either... so unless Vaarsuvius is lost out in the wilds, or hunkered down in the city, Vaarsuvius won't likely prepare the spell either.

Sigbru
2007-07-07, 09:38 AM
I don't think is going to end that way... Roy will stay dead for to long, well at least it will give more impact
Celia is a Mage ? she's most likely weaker than Pompey i think the groups will be: V - Roy - Belkar - Haley and Hinjo - Lian - Durkon - Elan - 2 Soldiers

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-07-07, 09:49 AM
I don't think is going to end that way... Roy will stay dead for to long, well at least it will give more impact
Celia is a Mage ? she's most likely weaker than Pompey i think the groups will be: V - Roy - Belkar - Haley and Hinjo - Lian - Durkon - Elan - 2 Soldiers

No, Celia can probably stomp a hole right through Pompey:
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0070.html
And quite a few others as well.

Who ends up on what team is still very much open to debate (that's why I started this thread), but I'm only guessing on V. I picked the ship, since I feel that the Haley/Roy team would end up too Arcane strong.

But I also thought the OotS would win the Battle of Azure City.

Haley and Durkon have both been left behind, maybe it's V's turn now...

David Argall
2007-07-07, 01:09 PM
The idea of any long term split is not going to fit.

Much of the comic has been interactions among the party. Spliting the party just lessens the interactions. I"m too lazy to do all the math, but in a groupd of 6 PCs, there are 15 different 1 vs 1 combinations. In two groups of 4, there are only 12. And the two groups of 4 include some rather doubtful additions as well.

For the short term, this is no problem, but longer term, this just hampers the story to split the party.

One can think of stories like LOTR that successfully handled a split, but LOTR had a theme of the little guy making a big difference, which is kinda hard to pull off when he is on the same stage as the big guy. The "halflings" had to be put on their own stage where they could shine too.

In OOTS, there are no "halflings". All the members of the party are studs. There is no need to give them a different stage.

So no, no long term split.

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-07-07, 01:51 PM
The idea of any long term split is not going to fit.

Much of the comic has been interactions among the party. Spliting the party just lessens the interactions. I"m too lazy to do all the math, but in a groupd of 6 PCs, there are 15 different 1 vs 1 combinations. In two groups of 4, there are only 12. And the two groups of 4 include some rather doubtful additions as well.

For the short term, this is no problem, but longer term, this just hampers the story to split the party.

One can think of stories like LOTR that successfully handled a split, but LOTR had a theme of the little guy making a big difference, which is kinda hard to pull off when he is on the same stage as the big guy. The "halflings" had to be put on their own stage where they could shine too.

In OOTS, there are no "halflings". All the members of the party are studs. There is no need to give them a different stage.

So no, no long term split.

I never thought it was going to be a long term split, any more than I though Roy (or Miko) would stay dead for a long time.

But the team has been split for a stretch, when Elan ended up in jail after Nale switched places with Elan. Elan needs to develop some leadership skills and with both Durkon and Hinjo coaching him, his 18 Cha will do more for him than having pretty girls flirting with him. Especially now that he's hooked up with Haley.

Also, there's the possibility of different interactions. Hinjo is also a "Straight Man," but he's totally new to the Order. As are Kazumi and Daigo, none of which have had much experience with Elan's antics. Add in philosophical discussions between Durkon, cleric of Thor and Hinjo, devotee to the Twelve Gods, and you can have a D&D type discussion of if it is better for the gods to get involved, or stay out of the fights. Thor jumps in from time to time to help out, the Twelve Gods stayed out, except to punish(?) Miko.

Celia might give Roy more to do than not be annoyed with Elan. Different romances bloom differently. Roy and Celia will quickly become more of an "old married couple" while Haley and Elan are still "honeymooners." Which also means to me that Roy and Celia will have one, maybe two kids tops, while Elan and Haley will be surrounded by the little scamps!

The trick with splitting a party in a story is how often you check back in with the other team. I'm also reading Goblins; Life through their Eyes, and the story switches between Complains of Names, Dies Horribly, and even Fumbles. It builds up a lot of tension, but it can also be very annoying as you reach one cliffhanger, and instead of resolving it the following week, you have to wait a month or more to get to a cliff hanger in the other story, then back again!

I personally think that the story arc will end with just this type of cliffhanger, since it would be good for a book! We'll be back in the game within a month or two, but the readers will have to wait a bit longer.

(Although I've been waiting almost 10 years for the sequel to "Lovelock" by Orson Scott Card... :smallfrown: Rasputin is theoretically a Work in Progress, but the first book came out in 1994, I read it in 1997 or so, and now it's 2007. I hope the Giant has a faster turnaround time, or at least doesn't decide to pursue a different project, that OSC.)

Siwenna
2007-07-07, 02:02 PM
But if Haley and Belkar don't get ROy's body back to the boat, then he won't be raised. Yes, they can find another high-level cleric to raise him, but in the mean time they're carrying Roy's heavy, decomposing body (since Belkar doesn't want it in the bag of holding.)

I also think it's likely that the groups will end up split, but if that is the case I don't see Roy being raised for a while.

Which also means to me that Roy and Celia will have one, maybe two kids tops, while Elan and Haley will be surrounded by the little scamps!

I must say, I really really hope Haley and Elan don't have kids. Roy and Celia fine, but Haley as a mom would just ruin her for me.

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-07, 02:30 PM
But if Haley and Belkar don't get ROy's body back to the boat, then he won't be raised. Yes, they can find another high-level cleric to raise him, but in the mean time they're carrying Roy's heavy, decomposing body (since Belkar doesn't want it in the bag of holding.)

I also think it's likely that the groups will end up split, but if that is the case I don't see Roy being raised for a while.

I must say, I really really hope Haley and Elan don't have kids. Roy and Celia fine, but Haley as a mom would just ruin her for me.

Well prepare for her to get ruined, because I don't think they used any "Ye Olde Condoms" :smalleek:

Siwenna
2007-07-07, 02:36 PM
Yeah, I know. I'm sure theres some sort of birth control, though, whether magical or herbal. Maybe they just got lucky, and now they'll take more precautions. THey should at least have the sense to wait until the Snarl is dealt with. I'm sure they'll have kids in the end, but I can't help but hope....

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-07-07, 02:39 PM
Well prepare for her to get ruined, because I don't think they used any "Ye Olde Condoms" :smalleek:

And on THAT note, I bring up this little question:

Did Durkon use a Dwarven Defender WAY back in the day with Hilgya?

David Argall
2007-07-07, 02:45 PM
It's probably a safe bet that Haley is not going to get knocked up until the story is over. Even more than saying women being killed in combat is not good, we say pregnant woment should not be killed in combat. And of course a big belly has got to be a big minus on a lot of skill checks. A pregnant Haley is due to become Haley by the hearth.

Of course there are a whole lot of jokes possible here. We can easily imagine Elan wondering how to ask if she has been putting on weight, as she is wheeled into the delivery room. He could become the first boyfriend since Adam to have an excuse for asking "How did that happen?" So it is not impossible, but the bet is that sex will be safe whether or not they practice safe sex.

Firestar27
2007-07-07, 09:50 PM
Hobgoblins grabbing Hinjo's junk :smallbiggrin:

I need to go soak my brain in acid. Like right away. NOW!

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-07-08, 09:32 AM

Why? She has certianly shown motherly affection before:
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0187.html

Just not for children... Of course, there aren't many children shown in OotS, I can only recall Roy as a boy and Julia as a baby. But Haley as a working mom? Why not?

And what about "Take your Kids to Work Day?" Think mommy Haley will teach Elan Jr. how to pick a lock first, or how to find traps? Or little Haleyina how to mark cards and load dice? Or the twins how to play the shell game?

So many marks to hustle, so little time!

blackout
2007-07-08, 09:46 AM
Personally, I think V's not going to be able to rendezvous with either team. The prescence of the hobgoblins is just too great. Something tells me that he's going to have to head north, maybe head back to Cliffport until he can put together a plan of some kind to help him link up with the rest of the Order.

dish
2007-07-08, 10:06 AM
Celia won't turn up until Winter Break unless someone breaks the talisman. However, I've just noticed that Hayley did overhear the talisman instructions (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0320.html), so maybe she'll think of it.

I'm sure V will manage to turn up in the nick of time - it's his style after all - and will probably join Hayley and Belkar.

In fact, there's still a chance that the two parties could reunite, though I agree that chance is looking mighty slim.

Triggerhappy938
2007-07-08, 10:34 AM
I'd more imagine Belkar getting his hands on it and breaking it just to be... well.... Belkarish, not knowing its abilities or intentions.

Belkar: It's a...
Celia: It's not a...
Belkar: It's SO a booty talisman!

Haeleth
2007-07-08, 10:46 AM
If V's at least lvl 13, she can cast Limited Wish to Raise Dead (unless Conjuration's a barred school for hir, I don't think it is), so Roy can be raised separate from the party. Just a possibility. S/he will still need the diamonds, but Durkon doesn't have 5000gp of them, either.

Twilight Jack
2007-07-08, 11:00 AM
If V's at least lvl 13, she can cast Limited Wish to Raise Dead (unless Conjuration's a barred school for hir, I don't think it is), so Roy can be raised separate from the party. Just a possibility. S/he will still need the diamonds, but Durkon doesn't have 5000gp of them, either.

Sorry, but Conjuration is one of V's barred schools (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0340.html). V would need a full Wish to pull it off.

Kish
2007-07-08, 11:02 AM
If V's at least lvl 13, she can cast Limited Wish to Raise Dead (unless Conjuration's a barred school for hir, I don't think it is),
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0340.html

Second panel, top row.

Edit: I see Twilight Jack got it while I was looking up the specific reference.

Sigbru
2007-07-08, 11:18 AM
Let's not forget that :haley: and :belkar: have to pass through :mitd: and O-chul, so we can put him in Roy's team too, if they can cure him somehow.
And the teams don't have to be equals, one can be stronger than the other, why not ?

Enlong
2007-07-08, 11:32 AM
I'm sure V will manage to turn up in the nick of time - it's his style after all - and will probably join Hayley and Belkar. .
Vaarsuvius arrives neither early or late. (S)He arrives exactly when (s)he means to.

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-07-08, 11:39 AM
Let's not forget that :haley: and :belkar: have to pass through :mitd: and O-chul, so we can put him in Roy's team too, if they can cure him somehow.
And the teams don't have to be equals, one can be stronger than the other, why not ?

I don't think they HAVE to pass by the :mitd: , but they could be spotted by the :mitd: .

Top panel. :belkar: is near the left side, on top of the pile of dead hobgoblins. :redcloak: and the :mitd: are off to the right side and are in the middle of the hobgoblin/zombie/ghoul reinforcements, while :roy: is all alone in the middle. A lot of people though :roy: was going to get trampled when :redcloak: ordered the charge.

I'd like to see O-Chul be rescued as well, since he can tell what happened in the throne room. But the mission is to rescue :roy: , not rescue any stray body they happen to come across.

Oooh, evil thought just popped into my head!
What if Tsukiko decides to make O-Chul into a Death Knight? Everyone would say "I didn't see that one coming!"

Hmmm... Something to think about!

David Argall
2007-07-08, 02:43 PM
I don't think they HAVE to pass by the :mitd: , but they could be spotted by the :mitd: .

I'd like to see O-Chul be rescued as well, since he can tell what happened in the throne room. But the mission is to rescue :roy: , not rescue any stray body they happen to come across.
MitD could use some screen time, and O'Chul is a loose end to be tied up. So having Haley and Belkar encounter the two is a definite possibility. Now getting them to the tea party when they have every reason to avoid it is a little more work. So I have suggested that MitD decides that if one extra guest is good, some more will be better, and he goes off and collects some bodies, which includes Roy, and which means the rescue party must invade the tea party to get him back.

Oooh, evil thought just popped into my head!
What if Tsukiko decides to make O-Chul into a Death Knight? Everyone would say "I didn't see that one coming!"
We have had nominations for every body in the area for Tsukiko's boyfriend. At this point there is pretty strong evidence she will do none at all, but my own candidate would be the lead noble [The lich offers to trade city for ships. The nobles agree, and then are slaughtered by the lich, and the top noble becomes Tsukiko's toy.]

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-07-08, 03:13 PM
MitD could use some screen time, and O'Chul is a loose end to be tied up. So having Haley and Belkar encounter the two is a definite possibility. Now getting them to the tea party when they have every reason to avoid it is a little more work. So I have suggested that MitD decides that if one extra guest is good, some more will be better, and he goes off and collects some bodies, which includes Roy, and which means the rescue party must invade the tea party to get him back.

We have had nominations for every body in the area for Tsukiko's boyfriend. At this point there is pretty strong evidence she will do none at all, but my own candidate would be the lead noble [The lich offers to trade city for ships. The nobles agree, and then are slaughtered by the lich, and the top noble becomes Tsukiko's toy.]

No, not really. Tsukiko wants a powerful body, someone of high level with a boatload of hitpoints. O-Chul was in the throne room, and was blasted clear of the castle. This will tell Tsukiko (if she finds him) that O-Chul is of high enough level to be worth her while.

Plus Xykon was messing with him earlier, mocking O-Chul by saying he (Xykon) would zombify the girls first just to be evil. Making O-Chul, who is/was probably the third-in-command of the Saphire Guard a Death Knight or something else? That would totally appeal to Xykon!

I do think Xykon would make a deal with the nobles, and then immediatly betray them, it kind of reminds me of something I read about another lich, Vecna. The nobles of a city offered a family, good and pure, to Vecna, if the arch-lich would not conquer the city. Vecna took the family, tortured them slowly to death, in full view of the city walls, then attacked the city anyways. Killed every man, woman and child in the city, EXCEPT the nobles who made the offer, and sent them out into the world, under his protection, to live out their remaining miserable days.

Now THAT is evil.

David Argall
2007-07-08, 06:28 PM
No, not really. Tsukiko wants a powerful body, someone of high level with a boatload of hitpoints. O-Chul was in the throne room, and was blasted clear of the castle. This will tell Tsukiko (if she finds him) that O-Chul is of high enough level to be worth her while.

The main problem here is that "if she finds him". So far we have no sign she is going to venture outside city walls. And the very time she got the idea of making a stud undead, she abandoned it. The easy reading of that scene is that she is not going to be making any plot serious undead. Indeed, that may be why there was such a scene at all, to tell us that theme is dead. Tsukiko also strikes me as a fickle lass, who is not going to make the effort to leave town.

There is also the matter of the end of the book. Say it ends about 480. We have about 7 strips to get Roy on the boat and raised, and to get Lich sailing off to the next gate. That just gives us no room to put in a new theme. We have enough to do tying up the loose ends. So Goth girl is not going to do anything of the sort.

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-07-08, 07:08 PM
The main problem here is that "if she finds him". So far we have no sign she is going to venture outside city walls. And the very time she got the idea of making a stud undead, she abandoned it. The easy reading of that scene is that she is not going to be making any plot serious undead. Indeed, that may be why there was such a scene at all, to tell us that theme is dead. Tsukiko also strikes me as a fickle lass, who is not going to make the effort to leave town.

There is also the matter of the end of the book. Say it ends about 480. We have about 7 strips to get Roy on the boat and raised, and to get Lich sailing off to the next gate. That just gives us no room to put in a new theme. We have enough to do tying up the loose ends. So Goth girl is not going to do anything of the sort.

That is assuming Rich decided to end at 480, and not push on to 500. You're right, not much can happen in 7 strips, but quite a bit can happen in 27 strips. In fact, I'm not sure everything can be wrapped up in 7 strips as is!

O-Chul may end up on Tsukiko's radar when Team EVIL leaves Azure City and rounds up the MitD, which is Xykon's plan, but not necessarily Redcloak's. Redcloak wants to search the city for a proverbial needle in a burning haystack (info about the next gate), but how long will Xykon actually give Redcloak?

And yeah, ADD Tsukiko changed her mind for now, but what if Redcloak makes her mad again just as they get to the MitD? And Tsukiko has a VERY good reason to leave town: Treason is punishable by Death. Hinjo's not going to make the same mistake twice.

David Argall
2007-07-08, 09:43 PM
That is assuming Rich decided to end at 480, and not push on to 500. You're right, not much can happen in 7 strips, but quite a bit can happen in 27 strips. In fact, I'm not sure everything can be wrapped up in 7 strips as is!

O-Chul may end up on Tsukiko's radar when Team EVIL leaves Azure City and rounds up the MitD,

Tsukiko has a VERY good reason to leave town: Treason is punishable by Death. Hinjo's not going to make the same mistake twice.

The 1st volume was 120 pages, the 2nd 180, and another 180 would be 480. There may be 4 more volumes to go and that would be about another 720 pages. So volumes of 180 pages look about as thick as they will go and we should be pretty close to the end of this one.

Certainly a possibility, but MitD is fully able to move itself, and so the lich may merely send it an order by spell.

Tsukiko will of course be leaving town, but that will be with the lich, and by that time there will be little interest in raising new undead.

Firestar27
2007-07-08, 09:53 PM
Actually, I think it would be pretty funny.
Kid 1: Mommy, kid 2 stole from me.
Haley: Good job kid 2.

She wouldn't be a worried mother, she'd be a mother that let's her kids run around.

Enlong
2007-07-08, 10:09 PM
To all theorists of whom Tsukiko's uberundead will be: Tsukiko abandoned the idea. Go back to "Nobody likes a tattle-tale" at the end, Tsukiko mutters "never mind, it wouldn't have been that powerful anyway" that suggests that she has chosen not to make the uber undead with which to kill Redcloak. So the answer is Z: none of the above.

Sigbru
2007-07-08, 10:32 PM

To 448 to 449 many people here make hell in the forunm saying Rich was nuts, Evil wins all, blah blah blah, Rich Absolutely shut them all up with the ghost martyrs, so yeah, MUCH can happen in 7 strips

Ithekro
2007-07-08, 11:43 PM
Oddly I see an Empire Strikes Back-ish ending with Elan and Haley together and V and Durkon standing beside them looking off the back of Hinjo's junk at the ruins of Azure City...Belkar is busy either messing with newly raised Roy (who is still in bed) or corpse Roy, just for fun.

Atlernately you could have Belkar standing next to V and Durkon is busy trying to raise Roy.

There are several other alterates on this theme that could be pulled off, even with the characters split up. Replace Elan and Haley with Hinjo and Lien with Elan and Durkon standing beside them.

Celia could stand in the Falcon if needed.

Tharr
2007-07-09, 12:02 AM
The great Empire really does not work since we doubt MITD will scream unlimited power and shoot lightning hurting Elan. Real fast great why is V looking at Hijos junk mean really do we know if V likes that besides what might his married partner say and maybe their kids. Prehaps V will turn his red like robes to black and that will be detail in some book later. Prehaps the lawyers will allow it after chating to certian fiction authors not getting the license back from WOTC. Durkon was to be killed at some point mayb that is much later. The oracle might be Yoda if guys keep making Lucas predictions. The fact is Julia might join as the other hope for you Lucas authors. Prehaps OOTS reminds me of GI Joe with Elan and Haley as Duke and Scarlet and MITD as Cobra Leader Commander with Xykon as Destro leading the way.
Finally the cast will get fire when Rich takes break and have to work for the great Erfworld. The guest artist on the OOTS while Rich away will be Joss Whedon and the artist of Alex Ross that would be great not likely fact.

16oz
2007-07-09, 12:05 AM
But the party WILL get back together! After all, it seems all too obvious they will be split, but then, when has Rich ever done anything that we fully expected?

But then, maybe he knows that we're expecting him to reunite the party, since it seems nigh impossible to do so? Then he wouldn't get them back together, and they will end up split!

Ack! But then, if we expect that, the he will get them back together... split.. BACK TOGETHER!! SPLIT!!! BACK....

<insert sound effect of head exploding here please>

David Argall
2007-07-09, 12:08 AM
To 448 to 449 many people here make hell in the forunm saying Rich was nuts, Evil wins all, blah blah blah, Rich Absolutely shut them all up with the ghost martyrs, so yeah, MUCH can happen in 7 strips

The point here is that much must happen in 7 strips if we finish the book at 480. Haley & Belkar have to find the body, transport it, get aboard the ship, which has to sail off. V has to join up. We seem to have a Redcloak-party confrontation coming up. The lich has to get his team on the road... And of course, we need a splash screen for the final page. It doesn't take much work for this to amount to 14 pages, much less 7.
There really isn't room for anything that will take a lot of coverage right away.

Actually, I think it would be pretty funny.
Kid 1: Mommy, kid 2 stole from me.
Haley: Good job kid 2.

Not at all.

Haley: "You got caught!?" Whack!

Ithekro
2007-07-09, 12:14 AM
Actually I was thinking of only the ending scene from the Empire Strikes Back. The Alliance has lost but escaped. The remaining heros are set to recover after all they've been through. Luke and Leia stand by the large window looking out to space, C-3PO and R2-D2 are next to them, the Falcon is flying off into the distance. The situation is about that same. The heroes have lost but survived, they are going to be heading away on a ship from Azure City. Four characters (with one needing to be shorter than the others) stand on the quarterdeck (or poopdeck even) of Hinjo's junk looking back at Azure City would reflect this moment.