PDA

View Full Version : Tome of Battle and Bloodlines help

sage20500
2016-09-01, 11:19 AM
Quick question. Im working on a gestalt character currently, one side is half dragon goliath barbarian 1(will figure out prcs later), the other is paladin2/warblade 18.

Now my dm has agreed that if i take major titanic bloodline, over size weapon work as written in the srd for titan, in that i can use a gargantuan warhammer with no issues. Since he doesnt allow us to transfer unique weapon properties and i wanted to use a hammer of earth anyway since my main stats are Str and Con i'm satisfied with this. But if i take the bloodline levels on the warblade side, will those 3 levels progress my initator level like they would if i was a caster?

Flickerdart
2016-09-01, 11:22 AM
But if i take the bloodline levels on the warblade side, will those 3 levels progress my initator level like they would if i was a caster?

The relevant rule is:
"Include the character's bloodline level when calculating any character ability based on his class levels (such as caster level for spellcasting characters, or save DCs for characters with special abilities whose DCs are based on class level). The character doesn't gain any abilities, spells known, or spells per day from the addition of his bloodline levels, though—only the calculations of his level-based abilities are affected."

Since your IL is based on class levels, it's advanced by bloodline levels.

ComaVision
2016-09-01, 11:25 AM
Include the character's bloodline level when calculating any character ability based on his class levels

Yes, a bloodline level increases your initiator level.

Darrin
2016-09-01, 12:15 PM
Since your IL is based on class levels, it's advanced by bloodline levels.

The real question is by how much. Since IL calculations already include non-initiator classes (as +0.5 IL), you could say they are already included.

You could also say that the intent was the include the FULL level in all calculations. In which case each bloodline level is worth +1.0 IL.

Or you could also say that not only do you add +1.0 IL when calculating your IL, you also add them as non-initiator levels. So each bloodline level is worth +1.5.

So... good luck with that.

ComaVision
2016-09-01, 12:20 PM
You could also say that the intent was the include the FULL level in all calculations. In which case each bloodline level is worth +1.0 IL.

This is the most reasonable interpretation.